PDA

View Full Version : heard this a few times now

huggie1875
13-11-2011, 07:41 PM
That Billy B was shocked when he came to hibs when he found out all the players were given 3 days off after every saturday match as CC was away home to visit family anyone know if there is any truth in this woul explain why we were second to every ball

greenlex
13-11-2011, 07:46 PM
That Billy B was shocked when he came to hibs when he found out all the players were given 3 days off after every saturday match as CC was away home to visit family anyone know if there is any truth in this woul explain why we were second to every ball

Doubt there is any truth in this to be honest. We are maybe crap but we aren't that unprofessional. Plus I bet you could count on one hand hw many games are on a Saturday. Even f Calderwood wasn't present (which I doubt) there are numerous coaches at East Mains to be bashing on with hings.

.Sean.
13-11-2011, 07:48 PM
Rubbish.

Danderhall Hibs
13-11-2011, 07:49 PM
Doubt there is any truth in this to be honest. We are maybe crap but we aren't that unprofessional. Plus I bet you could count on one hand hw many games are on a Saturday. Even f Calderwood wasn't present (which I doubt) there are numerous coaches at East Mains to be bashing on with hings.

I saw Ivan in Tesco at Bonnyrigg a couple of Mondays back at the back of 10 or 11 in the morning. Wondered why he wasn't at East Mains.

Viva_Palmeiras
13-11-2011, 07:51 PM
As the Clyde analogy is likely un-PC - do you think we came doon the Don on a digestive?

scoopyboy
13-11-2011, 07:52 PM

Absolute nonsense.

greenlex
13-11-2011, 07:53 PM
I saw Ivan in Tesco at Bonnyrigg a couple of Mondays back at the back of 10 or 11 in the morning. Wondered why he wasn't at East Mains.

He had just nipped out for something. Didn't take the car though.

Viva_Palmeiras
13-11-2011, 07:54 PM

Spoony's mum's cakes ran out on the Friday and Ivan lost out on The Monday cake run draw plus Greggs was shut ;)

edwards
13-11-2011, 07:56 PM

Funny you should say that as I took my grandson down to see the trainin ground a couple of months back on a Tuesday about midday 12 and there was no one about but we weren't aloud in anyway.
Thought that was strange.

hibernia_inn
13-11-2011, 08:00 PM
Funny you should say that as I took my grandson down to see the trainin ground a couple of months back on a Tuesday about midday 12 and there was no one about but we weren't aloud in anyway.

Maybe the players were inside having lunch.........That's if they are allowed to eat.

Dashing Bob S
13-11-2011, 08:00 PM
I think the prestige of having such a facility makes it more than worthwhile. I wouldn't expect the players to have to go there and train there. Too far from George Street to make it viable in my opinion.

edwards
13-11-2011, 08:12 PM
<br>To be honestly truthful I heard the same thing happens at Inverness as Malpass and Butcher take turns about with running the team coaching as they don't stay up there but then again that could just be gossip.<br>I think a few home truths will come out about Calderwood and I could see him taking a long weekend off to see his family and leaving the rest of the coaching staff to run the show.<br>But to be honest if my team had turned in a crap performance the first thing I would have wanted to do was discuss it on the Monday morning not leave it until midweek.<br><br>

Coco Bryce
13-11-2011, 08:16 PM
Never heard this rumour. Sounds Lillian Gish to me.

What is true though, BB has been hammering them in training since they got back from their little break, a bit like a pre-season actually. :agree:

gogsy23
13-11-2011, 08:19 PM
normally days off are wed/sun depending on fixtures, only time the get longer is international weekends. i know hearts have been doing double sessions for the last 2 weeks!!

soupy
13-11-2011, 08:34 PM
When sergio went into Hearts he was shocked they were only in 4 days under JJ & BB so I can't see him being shocked!!!

NotoriousLor
13-11-2011, 08:39 PM
Just drove up to Tranent about an hour ago and East Mains is lit up like blackpool, anyone know whats going on tonight?

down-the-slope
13-11-2011, 08:55 PM
Just drove up to Tranent about an hour ago and East Mains is lit up like blackpool, anyone know whats going on tonight?

Its used regular in the evening...why would they have put in artificial pitches / lights if they were not going to be used....youth teams in most nights

NotoriousLor
13-11-2011, 09:30 PM
lol, I was just asking :confused:

frazeHFC
13-11-2011, 09:32 PM
What time do they train until? I heard it was around midday. And in our poor form, do they stay longer to work on things?

Just wondering if anyone knows.

ancient hibee
13-11-2011, 09:59 PM
Of much more interest is the off the record quote of CC now disclosed by Aidan Smith in SOS today that when he came to Hibs he found that the squad were "soft as s**t-the worst I've ever come across in football".Just backs up what a lot of us have thought since Collins left.

Andy74
14-11-2011, 10:27 AM
Of much more interest is the off the record quote of CC now disclosed by Aidan Smith in SOS today that when he came to Hibs he found that the squad were "soft as s**t-the worst I've ever come across in football".Just backs up what a lot of us have thought since Collins left.

Good job he sorted that one eh? :wink:

--------
14-11-2011, 10:58 AM
Doubt there is any truth in this to be honest. We are maybe crap but we aren't that unprofessional. Plus I bet you could count on one hand hw many games are on a Saturday. Even if Calderwood wasn't present (which I doubt) there are numerous coaches at East Mains to be bashing on with things.

True. But if the cat's away...

If the boss is absent two or three days a week it certainly sends out a message to the players - why bother your backsides about Hibs, 'cos I sure don't.

I don't believe Calderwood has been in any way focussed or committed to the club since the Forest business at the end of the close season.

A friend who sits just up behind the dugout in Lower West Centre told me that about halfway through the second half of the Dunfermline game (1-0 down to one of the few teams below us in the League and doing absolutely nothing) he disappeared down the tunnel, came back a few minutes later with a coffee, disappeared into the back of the dugout to drink it, leaving the work to BB. Paid little or no attention to what was going on on the pitch for the rest of the game.

Keith_M
14-11-2011, 11:04 AM

Isn't it because we only rent East Mains for the morning and the students use it in the afternoon?

:dunno:

M11BMO
14-11-2011, 11:27 AM

Not true.

Thecat23
14-11-2011, 11:38 AM

You may have heard it a "few times" but it's rubbish. can you say where you heard this by the way? Depending the days of matches they may get a monday off if it's a sunday game etc.. but not that many after a sat game.

Aubenas
14-11-2011, 11:48 AM
At the AGM, RP and SL both indicated that CC was thoroughly professional at East Mains and was always there when expected. RP said they had no concerns at all about his attendance at the training centre or absences. They seem to indicate they'd heard the rumours but they weren't true.

marinello59
14-11-2011, 11:51 AM
True. But if the cat's away...

If the boss is absent two or three days a week it certainly sends out a message to the players - why bother your backsides about Hibs, 'cos I sure don't.

I don't believe Calderwood has been in any way focussed or committed to the club since the Forest business at the end of the close season.

A friend who sits just up behind the dugout in Lower West Centre told me that about halfway through the second half of the Dunfermline game (1-0 down to one of the few teams below us in the League and doing absolutely nothing) he disappeared down the tunnel, came back a few minutes later with a coffee, disappeared into the back of the dugout to drink it, leaving the work to BB. Paid little or no attention to what was going on on the pitch for the rest of the game.

I sit behind the home dug out and didn't see that happen. He certainly didn't look like a man with a plan at any point though.

Sammy7nil
14-11-2011, 12:37 PM
I was told BB loves the job one day and is not so sure the next (this was before CC sacked).

Reasons good and bad.

1. Hibs is a great club and is run like a "Proper Football Club" unlike the PBS.
2. The facilities are excellent.
3. The quality of player is not good.
4. The commiment of the players is not the best.

I was told BB said if he could bring 7 - 8 players from Tynie with their better quality and commitment with in reason Hibs could and should be close to challenging the OF with the set up they have.

Golden Bear
14-11-2011, 12:46 PM
I was told BB loves the job one day and is not so sure the next (this was before CC sacked).

Reasons good and bad.

1. Hibs is a great club and is run like a "Proper Football Club" unlike the PBS.

I was told BB said if he could bring 7 - 8 players from Tynie with their better quality and commitment with in reason Hibs could and should be close to challenging the OF with the set up they have.

:agree:

That's the part that annoys me most and it's been that way for a number of years now. Or at least that's the way it appears to the supporters.

Albion Hibs
14-11-2011, 12:48 PM

Reasons good and bad.

I really hope he did not say that that. The only way to challange the old firm is to plunge yourself into debt, the set up is irrelevant, the training centre does not score goals or bride refs. As for his comment about bringing 7/8 hearts players to the club I really hope he does not come out with that one in any post match interview.

Sammy7nil
14-11-2011, 12:53 PM
I really hope he did not say that that. The only way to challange the old firm is to plunge yourself into debt, the set up is irrelevant, the training centre does not score goals or bride refs. As for his comment about bringing 7/8 hearts players to the club I really hope he does not come out with that one in any post match interview.

Sorry, I did not make myself clear he will not and does not plan to do that it was simply an observation in the difference between the teams.

Also I thnk if you look at both squads NOW there will be very little in terms of the amount paid to the highest earners. O'Connor, Sproule and Stack who at Tyncastle earns more than them? Not many I would I guess.

PaulSmith
14-11-2011, 01:18 PM
Sorry, I did not make myself clear he will not and does not plan to do that it was simply an observation in the difference between the teams.

Also I thnk if you look at both squads NOW there will be very little in terms of the amount paid to the highest earners. O'Connor, Sproule and Stack who at Tyncastle earns more than them? Not many I would I guess.

Kello, Barr, Webster, Hammill, Skacel, Sutton, Driver, Black right off the top of my head for starters

Thecat23
14-11-2011, 02:19 PM
I sit behind the home dug out and didn't see that happen. He certainly didn't look like a man with a plan at any point though.

This is true, i also sit 2 rows back from the home dugout and that never happened. He just sadly didn't seem to have a clue.

PatHead
14-11-2011, 02:22 PM
Kello, Barr, Webster, Hammill, Skacel, Sutton, Driver, Black right off the top of my head for starters

Wish we were overpaying these 3 as they are really good value for money sitting in the stand and injury prone Webster was a lucky escape for us

Sammy7nil
14-11-2011, 03:15 PM

You really think the ones in bold earn more than Gary O'C?

millarco
14-11-2011, 03:42 PM

I'd be surprised if GOC was earning the £6/7k basic salary that the likes of Barr and Black are reportedly taking home (when they're paid).

The Falcon
14-11-2011, 03:47 PM

Was there not a public falling out with Zaliukas who wanted £20k a week (to match the top earners) and Vlad dropped him until he signed a new deal. He was brought back in during their poor run last season and subsequently signed the new deal. While it may not have been for £20k (at least not as a basic) I would doubt it would be for less.

Albion Hibs
14-11-2011, 07:54 PM

I would be surprised if O'Connor was on more than 2k per week. I cant see us breaking any structure on a guy who was down on his luck, without a club and probably not on anyones radar.

If rumours are to be believed the De Graff and Riordan were our highest earners by a big distance. Given the falling attendances/income I would be surprised if CC had anywhere near the budget that Hughes had.

silverhibee
14-11-2011, 08:03 PM
I would be surprised if O'Connor was on more than 2k per week. I cant see us breaking any structure on a guy who was down on his luck, without a club and probably not on anyones radar.

If rumours are to be believed the De Graff and Riordan were our highest earners by a big distance. Given the falling attendances/income I would be surprised if CC had anywhere near the budget that Hughes had.

Agree with all that, our highest earner just now must be Hart.

lyonhibs
14-11-2011, 10:09 PM
Agree with all that, our highest earner just now must be Hart.

I hope that's not true :boo hoo:

Billy Brown seems like one not scared to crack skulls (figure of speech........) when and where required.