PDA

View Full Version : O'Connor

hibee bouncer
13-11-2011, 09:09 AM
Only a matter of time before the infirm were linked!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/15710971.stm

Aldo
13-11-2011, 09:22 AM
Does this really surprise you. Was always on the cards once he started scoring. The obviously thought it was too much of a risk to sign him in summer.

Preparing for life without Jelavic. They will prob get more than £6 million for him and would get GOC for about £60 grand.

Hopefully GOC will show a bit of loyalty (if there is any left in game) and sign extended contract at club (presuming he is offered one)

sahib
13-11-2011, 09:23 AM
Only a matter of time before the infirm were linked!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/15710971.stm

I think that is unlikely, but he is over-rated so I don't care.

smurf
13-11-2011, 09:29 AM
I think that is unlikely, but he is over-rated so I don't care.

Overrated?

Coco Bryce
13-11-2011, 09:35 AM
He'll be playing for Saughton next season anyway.

hibiedude
13-11-2011, 09:37 AM
His one year contract at Hibs was to prove he still had it to play at a high level i'm suprised if he ends up at Rangers more like Celtic

Beefster
13-11-2011, 09:45 AM
I'd be livid if we sold him in January. He's signed a one year contract and his worth to Hibs in the second half of the season is likely to be far higher than any sum that we could bring in for him in January.

HibbyAndy
13-11-2011, 09:47 AM
Does this really surprise you. Was always on the cards once he started scoring. The obviously thought it was too much of a risk to sign him in summer.

Preparing for life without Jelavic. They will prob get more than £6 million for him and would get GOC for about £60 grand.

Hopefully GOC will show a bit of loyalty (if there is any left in game) and sign extended contract at club (presuming he is offered one)

Sad but true.

Eyrie
13-11-2011, 09:53 AM
I'd be livid if we sold him in January. He's signed a one year contract and his worth to Hibs in the second half of the season is likely to be far higher than any sum that we could bring in for him in January.
This.

O'Connor is one of the few decent players we have right now, and we can't afford to lose him. Whilst I hope that the new boss can strike up a good working relationship and persuade him to sign an extension, in reality this was a one year deal where he could put himself in the shop window for more money next season.

bingo70
13-11-2011, 10:13 AM
He's barely kicked a ball since the last international break so i wouldn't be surprised if contact has already been made, realise there's been rumours of him being injured but IMO he's not looked interested the last few weeks in the way he did at the start of the season.

Coco Bryce
13-11-2011, 10:18 AM
As I said earlier, Garry as well as other people at ER are seriously worried about his impending £100k fraud case comlng. Footballer or not, this is a very serious offence. This is obviously playing on his mind as expected.

Pretty Boy
13-11-2011, 10:27 AM
As I said earlier, Garry as well as other people at ER are seriously worried about his impending £100k fraud case comlng. Footballer or not, this is a very serious offence. This is obviously playing on his mind as expected.

:agree:

A £100K fraud is custodial sentence territory regardless of who you are.

A good lawyer might get a hefty fine and community service or a suspended sentence but he will have been advised that he should be worried and this will undoubtedly be playing on his mind.

Future17
13-11-2011, 10:35 AM
:agree:

A £100K fraud is custodial sentence territory regardless of who you are.

A good lawyer might get a hefty fine and community service or a suspended sentence but he will have been advised that he should be worried and this will undoubtedly be playing on his mind.

A good lawyer might have got him that had he pled guilty, but pleading not guilty in a case like this pretty much means, if convicted, he'll get a custodial sentence.

The case continues on 23 November - on which I expect to hear he has changed his plea.

joe breezy
13-11-2011, 11:15 AM
Pleading guilty is only wise if there is a stack of undeniable evidence against you presented in a credible fashion.

If there's any way that you can shed doubt on it I'd always advise to plead not guilty. Don't know enough about the facts of the case though.

Pretty Boy
13-11-2011, 11:17 AM
A good lawyer might have got him that had he pled guilty, but pleading not guilty in a case like this pretty much means, if convicted, he'll get a custodial sentence.

The case continues on 23 November - on which I expect to hear he has changed his plea.

Pretty much what I'd expect too.

If that's the case it will still be counted as an early plea and a reduced sentence a possibility. A lot also depends on whether any money was paid out and if so whether it was paid back. If there is no financial loss to the business there's a good chance the Sheriff will be a bit more lenient.

I wouldn't expect a sentence until a fair bit after his.next court appearance anyway.

Musselbound
13-11-2011, 11:37 AM
Doesn't surprise me,no. Don't know anything about the legal situation but with Rangers casting the net to places like India they are obviously going to accept strikers they can get for a reasonable fee on their doorstep. Question is, given their own legal and finncial situation at the moment, will they even be able to stump up a fee in the 200k range?

Aldo
13-11-2011, 11:44 AM
Doesn't surprise me,no. Don't know anything about the legal situation but with Rangers casting the net to places like India they are obviously going to accept strikers they can get for a reasonable fee on their doorstep. Question is, given their own legal and finncial situation at the moment, will they even be able to stump up a fee in the 200k range?

200k? they would get GOC for about 60K IMHO. We got about 125k for Deek and he had banged in loads.

There is no chance we would get anything near that amount . Sorry but wishfull thinking mate

H18S NX
13-11-2011, 11:48 AM
I heard he has signed a pre contract with smellic,seemingly on 22 grand a week,not sure if it is true though.

blackpoolhibs
13-11-2011, 11:53 AM
I heard he has signed a pre contract with smellic,seemingly on 22 grand a week,not sure if it is true though.

Eh naw, just naw. £22k a week. :faf:

Spike Mandela
13-11-2011, 11:57 AM
Our entire strikeforce is out of contract at end of season so they will all be able to sign pre contracts come January if they wish if memory serves.

Cocaine&Caviar
13-11-2011, 11:59 AM
Our entire strikeforce is out of contract at end of season so they will all be able to sign pre contracts come January if they wish if memory serves. Agogo & Osbourne both 2 year deals I thought?

hibee92
13-11-2011, 12:00 PM

:faf:

Www1875hfc
13-11-2011, 12:02 PM
Personally if Gary leaves, i think he will end up down south at Bristol City to link up with Derek McInnes. :wink:

basehibby
13-11-2011, 12:17 PM

:agree: No point selling him for a paltry amount just to help the huns out - let them sweat and enjoy Garry's goals until May.

basehibby
13-11-2011, 12:19 PM

:agree: This will be what's behind his dip in form and he wouldn't be human if he wasn't affected by this to some extent.

Kaiser1962
13-11-2011, 12:28 PM

As would I Mr. B however things are not always as simple as the new man saying yes or no.

I think there was talk at the time, with it being a one year deal, that there were release clauses in the deal should a better offer materialise. Dont know and just throwing it out there.

I would be disappointed in GOC if he did not at least see out the season but, in these mercenary times in which we live, money talks.

NORTHERNHIBBY
13-11-2011, 12:38 PM
Should we maybe no take a breath here? He got a one year deal because of his iffy recent history and by that I mean what he has done on the pitch. It has turned out so far, to have worked well for both parties and when the year is up, if he walks then so be it. That was more or less the deal up front. We have already had a decent wedge for GOC.

Dashing Bob S
13-11-2011, 02:27 PM
If he goes to jail before signing for Rangers, it's just another example of the institutional bias against the once-proud Glasgow outfit.

jdships
13-11-2011, 02:57 PM
Should we maybe no take a breath here? He got a one year deal because of his iffy recent history and by that I mean what he has done on the pitch. It has turned out so far, to have worked well for both parties and when the year is up, if he walks then so be it. That was more or less the deal up front. We have already had a decent wedge for GOC.

That makes a lot of sense to me :thumbsup:

hibsbollah
13-11-2011, 03:12 PM
Should we maybe no take a breath here? He got a one year deal because of his iffy recent history and by that I mean what he has done on the pitch. It has turned out so far, to have worked well for both parties and when the year is up, if he walks then so be it. That was more or less the deal up front. We have already had a decent wedge for GOC. Exactly. He's repaid us already with all the goals hes scored. we'd be bottom of the league if it wasnt for Garry.

Sir David Gray
13-11-2011, 03:15 PM
I can't believe that any club will be lining up any move for O'Connor at the moment. His fraud trial starts in a week or so and if that happens to go against him, he will almost certainly be looking at a prison sentence.

I think any club will be waiting for the conclusion of this trial before making any moves to sign him.

Agogo & Osbourne both 2 year deals I thought?

Agogo signed for 1 year, his contract expires in the summer.

Osbourne signed for 2 years but he's not a striker.

Phil MaGlass
13-11-2011, 04:20 PM
His one year contract at Hibs was to prove he still had it to play at a high level i'm suprised if he ends up at Rangers more like Celtic

haha like that

Beefster
13-11-2011, 04:41 PM
As would I Mr. B however things are not always as simple as the new man saying yes or no.

I think there was talk at the time, with it being a one year deal, that there were release clauses in the deal should a better offer materialise. Dont know and just throwing it out there.

I would be disappointed in GOC if he did not at least see out the season but, in these mercenary times in which we live, money talks.

If there are clauses and he goes, Hibs had better come out and say that they were powerless to stop it or a lot of folk will see it as 'same old Hibs'. Given Rodders' chat about him coming home to folk that will look after him, I'd also like to think O'Connor would show a wee bit of gratitude and see the season out though, irrespective of what his contract allows.