PDA

View Full Version : Tam McCourt

Kaiser_Sauzee
12-11-2011, 09:55 PM
What exactly is his role at the club, besides ruining cup winning team photos?

hibs0666
12-11-2011, 09:56 PM
Meow.

H18sry
12-11-2011, 09:58 PM
Lucky charm :wink:

iwasthere1972
12-11-2011, 10:52 PM
To console the outgoing manager and to welcome the new one.

Jonnyboy
12-11-2011, 10:56 PM

Kit man

Paperwork passer when subs being made

And erm, eh ...................... :greengrin

monktonharp
12-11-2011, 11:17 PM
we all dream of a team o' Tam Mc courts, a team o' Tam Mc Courts:singing: seriously though, have met him at EM, he was running the laundry room, telling his missus tae put strips intae thae big washin' machine things, he pressed the buttons, telt her to make him mair tea,and things. every club needs that, he probably organises the lottery tickets, gies money tae wee laddies and sends them for papers etc. that's his day job, not entirely sure what he does after 3 on saturdays:wink:

Kaiser_Sauzee
12-11-2011, 11:21 PM
we all dream of a team o' Tam Mc courts, a team o' Tam Mc Courts:singing: seriously though, have met him at EM, he was running the laundry room, telling his missus tae put strips intae thae big washin' machine things, he pressed the buttons, telt her to make him mair tea,and things. every club needs that, he probably organises the lottery tickets, gies money tae wee laddies and sends them for papers etc. that's his day job, not entirely sure what he does after 3 on saturdays:wink:

When I was a lad, he wandered around the pitch with a pitch fork, looking into the crowd a lot. Where was that pitch fork when we were trying to get rid of Calderwood?

Scouse Hibee
12-11-2011, 11:22 PM

He's a Hibee working for Hibs and probably loves his job, good on him I wish it was me...........................as long as the salary was right of course :greengrin

cocopops1875
12-11-2011, 11:37 PM
He as far as I know is the facilities manager at east mains, so in essence he is in charge of the day to day care of it dealing with cleaning staff , contractors and the laundering of training kits. Seems a likable chap

The Harp
12-11-2011, 11:37 PM
He's a Hibee working for Hibs and probably loves his job, good on him I wish it was me...........................as long as the salary was right of course :greengrin

Yeah, me too. Wonder if he's thinking of hanging up his pitch fork anytime soon. Always fancied working for Hibs in some capacity. Wonder if he went on strike would his missus come out in sympathy? :hmmm:

Forza Fred
13-11-2011, 12:41 AM
I dont know Tam's official title now, but when I returned to Edinburgh for a holiday about 7 yeárs ago, it was Head Grounds Man I think.

It had been arranged that I scatter a recenlty departed friends ashes at Easter Road and Tam was the contact person.

Lovely bloke.

Quite happy that someone like Tam is on the payroll to take care of the probable 1000 odd things that we never think about when it comes to the running of a fitba club.

In Australia we'd probably refer to him as the club 'gopher''

givescotlandfreedom
13-11-2011, 01:06 AM
Seems a nice guy, I can remember on many occasions when he was groundsman and we were playing away he'd go on and give them a hand too.

IWasThere2016
13-11-2011, 06:46 AM
Top bloke.

Gave me + kids tickets to get into oor end at Dens. It was the re-arranged game that was snowed aff. It was baltic, we lost 3 zip, didn't have a shot at goal and the Blobster stuck two subs on in the 93rd minute. Come to think of it, I dinnae like Tam McCourt :greengrin

Beefster
13-11-2011, 07:39 AM
Dunno what his job is now but when he was in charge of the pitch, it was ten times better than it has been in recent years.

oregonhibby
13-11-2011, 10:57 AM
He is a great guy who does everything that needs to be done. Small jobs, big jobs, looking after kit, getting it to and from games. He does it with a smile and has time for everyone young or old.

I am sure there is one at every Club and Hibs would be the worse without him.

There is sometimes too much sniping of people who get on and do their job. They generally are paid less than people in local authority or civil service, with less security but because they love it and more importantly they love Hibs.

Aldo
13-11-2011, 11:37 AM
Defo a Hibs man. Lived in Porto High Street. Near Finlays.

Pretty Boy
13-11-2011, 11:59 AM
He was the groundsman at Wardie for a few years and was initially employed by Hibs as the same but think he now does all the odd jobs around the place as well as being the kit man. Probably the guy the players go to if they need any wee things sorted too, hence why they invite him into photos and let him hold cups etc.

Every club has one and he's a big Hibby and a good.guy into the bargain, never understood why a few people on here have a bit of an irrational dislike of the man.

sahib
13-11-2011, 12:03 PM
He was the groundsman at Wardie for a few years and was initially employed by Hibs as the same but think he now does all the odd jobs around the place as well as being the kit man. Probably the guy the players go to if they need any wee things sorted too, hence why they invite him into photos and let him hold cups etc.

Every club has one and he's a big Hibby and a good.guy into the bargain, never understood why a few people on here have a bit of an irrational dislike of the man.

His probably has a shed load of duties.

deek1875
13-11-2011, 12:17 PM
petrie`s mole ?

iwasthere1972
13-11-2011, 12:35 PM
Defo a Hibs man. Lived in Porto High Street. Near Finlays.

I lived next door to Tam in the 60's and early 70's but I can't remember him being a football supporter or ever kicking a baw around with us in the park. Maybe netball was more his game. :greengrin