PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates England v Spain

YehButNoBut
12-11-2011, 04:05 PM
This friendly match kicks off at 5:15pm, on ITV in England only.

Channel 853 on Virgin. don't know the Sky channel.

C'mon the Spaniards :thumbsup:

YehButNoBut
12-11-2011, 04:08 PM
Spain have strong line up to start with, 9 of the players who played in the World Cup final.

England: Hart, Glen Johnson, Lescott, Jagielka, Cole, Walcott, Jones, Parker, Milner, Lampard, Bent.
Subs: Carson, Walker, Baines, Cahill, Terry, Barry, Rodwell, Adam Johnson, Downing, Zamora, Welbeck, Sturridge, Stockdale.

Spain: Casillas, Arbeloa, Pique, Sergio Ramos, Jordi Alba, Busquets, Alonso, Xavi, Iniesta, Silva, Villa.
Subs: Valdes, Albiol, Puyol, Torres, Fabregas, Monreal, Mata, Llorente, Santi Cazorla, Jesus Navas, Reina.

Referee: Frank De Bleeckere (Belgium)

Dr Jimmy
12-11-2011, 04:11 PM
How good is the Spanish bench.

Sir David Gray
12-11-2011, 04:12 PM
This friendly match kicks off at 5:15pm, on ITV in England only.

Channel 853 on Virgin. don't know the Sky channel.

993 on Sky.

HibbyAndy
12-11-2011, 04:21 PM
Torres shouldnt be anywhere near the Spain set-up, He is absolute honking :agree:

Stull, Mon the Spaniards :thumbsup:

Part/Time Supporter
12-11-2011, 05:07 PM
Pretty boring to be honest. England playing wingers in full back areas, Spain don't look that bothered. England will probably nick this 1-0 and proclaim themselves world beaters.

magpie1892
12-11-2011, 05:11 PM
Pretty boring to be honest. England playing wingers in full back areas, Spain don't look that bothered. England will probably nick this 1-0 and proclaim themselves world beaters.

We could play all night and not score. This is atrocious.

iwasthere1972
12-11-2011, 05:11 PM
Terry Venables remarking on SSN about how good Spain are compared to England who couldn't string two passes together.

PeeJay
12-11-2011, 05:21 PM

Seem to remember another nation doing that a wee while back....:rolleyes:

AFKA5814_Hibs
12-11-2011, 05:22 PM
Unbelievable England have hardly touched the ball.

magpie1892
12-11-2011, 05:27 PM
We could play all night and not score. This is atrocious.

Mea culpa. We are world beaters.

Biggie
12-11-2011, 05:30 PM

almost there PTS :greengrin

H18sry
12-11-2011, 05:34 PM
See what happens when you don't show your opponents too much respect.:greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
12-11-2011, 05:34 PM
not watching or even listening to this game, does this sum it up

theriseoffred on Twitter: (https://twitter.com/theriseoffred) "For those not watching: 48 minutes of defence, 10 seconds of attack (and a goal), followed by a further 42 minutes of defence."

:dunno::greengrin

R'Albin
12-11-2011, 05:49 PM
I still can't believe the fat waiter paid 17m for glen Johnson- he's pish!

Biggie
12-11-2011, 05:55 PM
not sure who the commentator is but he sounds like he's got a semi at the thought of England winning this......c'mon tae F Spain (not sure why Fabregas passed instead of shooting)

Aldo
12-11-2011, 06:02 PM
FFS is anyone watching it and if so how long did it take for them to mention 1966.

If they win tonite the whole of England will think they can win the Euros and the next WC

Part/Time Supporter
12-11-2011, 06:04 PM
almost there PTS :greengrin

It's happening because I didn't put a bet on.

Second half was only slightly less tedious. Spain just about bothered their bums in the last 20, but missed 3-4 sitters.

Haymaker
12-11-2011, 06:10 PM
I still can't believe the fat waiter paid 17m for glen Johnson- he's pish!

He is honking!

Leicester Fan
12-11-2011, 06:20 PM

Stull, Mon the Spaniards :thumbsup:

Unbelievable England have hardly touched the ball.

:na na::greengrin:na na:

HKhibby
12-11-2011, 06:24 PM
typical! Scots just have to support any team against England!....and they accuse the English of being little England!...moreso little Scotland!, would never support a european country against any of the Home British nations! im a Brit and a yes a Scot and might live far away from these shores nowadays! but can laugh at Europe and the EU in particular with the sponging work shy welfare society countries that just love other peoples money...and especially U.K. money! to fund their excessive lifestyles blame everyone but themselves! so no i would never support any of these over inflated ego European countries, especially the Mediterranean ones against any British side! oh just remember one other thing! an awful lot of money from other people and other parts of the U.K. goes into Scotland via Tax!....for those that think Scotland could make it alone....maybe in a defunct E.U. where the currency is going to collapse!!

Leicester Fan
12-11-2011, 06:28 PM
typical! Scots just have to support any team against England!....and they accuse the English of being little England!...moreso little Scotland!, would never support a european country against any of the Home British nations! im a Brit and a yes a Scot and might live far away from these shores nowadays! but can laugh at Europe and the EU in particular with the sponging work shy welfare society countries that just love other peoples money...and especially U.K. money! to fund their excessive lifestyles blame everyone but themselves! so no i would never support any of these over inflated ego European countries, especially the Mediterranean ones against any British side! oh just remember one other thing! an awful lot of money from other people and other parts of the U.K. goes into Scotland via Tax!....for those that think Scotland could make it alone....maybe in a defunct E.U. where the currency is going to collapse!!

I sort of agree with a lot of that but this isn't really the thread.

Billie Jo
12-11-2011, 06:30 PM
:hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::h ahaha:

Joe
12-11-2011, 06:34 PM
Best in the world :thumbsup:

Nah, seriously were ****, can't understand the Sun reading brigade who think England are world class, do they watch the same England as me? I have supported England all my life and we have been not only honking but eye bleedingly bad to watch for almost the lot. Still, I'll enjoy tonight :wink:

P.S Always support Scotland aswell, like seing all the home nations doing we'll.

Scouse Hibee
12-11-2011, 06:42 PM
Just in, did England win then??

DH1875
12-11-2011, 06:55 PM
That will be them winning the Euros then :rolleyes:.

Scouse Hibee
12-11-2011, 06:57 PM
That will be them winning the Euros then :rolleyes:.

Only if you're a tabloid sports writer!!!

SteveHFC
12-11-2011, 07:00 PM
They will now think they can win the World Cup and Euro 2012 :na na:

Haymaker
12-11-2011, 07:00 PM
Only if you're a tabloid sports writer!!!

People already down my local saying "thats us for the EUROs!"

Mind you, in my local during the WC I had a bloke call me a C*** for not believing him that England would beat Germany 8-1. If memory serves, I may have been correct.

Scouse Hibee
12-11-2011, 07:02 PM
W
People already down my local saying "thats us for the EUROs!"

Mind you, in my local during the WC I had a bloke call me a C*** for not believing him that England would beat Germany 8-1. If memory serves, I may have been correct.

:faf:They must sell super strength ale in your local! Wouldn't happen in a Liverpool boozer, too busy talking about Liverpool winning the league!

Haymaker
12-11-2011, 07:06 PM
W

:faf:They must sell super strength ale in your local! Wouldn't happen in a Liverpool boozer, too busy talking about Liverpool winning the league!

Seriously, the bloke was dressed in Union flag shorts, England shirt, silly England plastic hat and an England flag tied round his neck. He asked me what I thought the score would be and I replied "2-1 or 3-1 Germany". He finished his pint, called me a **** and walked out saying how england were going to show them whats what etc etc. Mental.

Famous Fiver
12-11-2011, 07:09 PM
We became world champs in 1967 when we turned them over at Wembley. Now that they are world champs after having beaten Spain can we play them next?

Scouse Hibee
12-11-2011, 07:21 PM
Seriously, the bloke was dressed in Union flag shorts, England shirt, silly England plastic hat and an England flag tied round his neck. He asked me what I thought the score would be and I replied "2-1 or 3-1 Germany". He finished his pint, called me a **** and walked out saying how england were going to show them whats what etc etc. Mental.

Haha I can just picture the clown and thousands more like him. There's definately more realism in the North West where England are concerned.

Dashing Bob S
12-11-2011, 08:15 PM
W

I'm sure they will be talking about it.

Scouse Hibee
12-11-2011, 08:17 PM
I'm sure they will be talking about it.

As in remember the good old days :greengrin

Dashing Bob S
12-11-2011, 08:18 PM
Good solid defensive performance by Ingerlund, but I get the sense Spainderlund were treating it very much as a friendly - a training game. The Barca and Real boys have bigger fish to fry and looked like they weren't going to go in where it hurts.

IberianHibernian
12-11-2011, 08:37 PM
Good solid defensive performance by Ingerlund, but I get the sense Spainderlund were treating it very much as a friendly - a training game. The Barca and Real boys have bigger fish to fry and looked like they weren't going to go in where it hurts.Agree with that . England defended well though they still had a lot of luck since Spain had a lot of chances especially in last 10 minutes . Not sure how much you can read into friendlies ( why don`t FIFA say friendlies should only have 3 substitutions too ? ) but ironically I think this result could be bad for English / British football in long - term - to see England defending at home for 90 minutes can`t be a great example for young English fans / players . Losing by 4 or 5 might have been better if it had brought cries for improving skills and fitness . I remember the last time Spain played in England . An undeserved 1v0 for Spain in a friendly in early 2007 -amazing how the difference in class between two teams despite today`s result has grown so much in such a short time .

AFKA5814_Hibs
12-11-2011, 09:35 PM
:na na::greengrin:na na: If nothing else it was an observation on the game. When England scored they'd hardly touched the ball. Maybe shows that sometimes just putting the ball into the box rather than playing 1000 passes can be more effective. Spain are a great side and tonight probably only played about 30% but there were times when they played 1 or 2 more passes than they needed to. Should also have said England did defend very well and most of Spain's wee 1/2's at the edge of the box didn't work out due to good defending.

Sas_The_Hibby
12-11-2011, 10:54 PM
We became world champs in 1967 when we turned them over at Wembley. Now that they are world champs after having beaten Spain can we play them next?

Following the World Cup in 2010, Spain lost to Argentina, who then lost to Japan, who haven't lost since so it appears Japan are actually World Champions! :wink:

Alternatively after Scotland beat England in 1967, they then lost to....................actually, naah, I can't be bothered working that one out................ :greengrin

Hainan Hibs
13-11-2011, 04:15 AM
Anything can happen in friendlies, Cyprus got a goal against Scotland so anyone can get a bit of luck here and there

:greengrin

joe breezy
13-11-2011, 06:20 AM
Most people I know don't care much about England, they prefer their clubs, especially if they support Man U or Liverpool.

It's people from little towns with crap clubs who care most about England games.

mickki40
13-11-2011, 09:14 AM
FFS is anyone watching it and if so how long did it take for them to mention 1966.

If they win tonite the whole of England will think they can win the Euros and the next WC

Nobody mentioned 1966, or winning the Euros or world cup. Just to put the record straight. Also get me the commentary of when An English commentator specifically said England will win the EUROS/ WORLD CUP etc. I put a page on Facebook offering anyone £100.00 if they could find me a commentator who says it during the last W.C. nobody collected. Give England some credit. They Just beat Spain. But Alas no. I am sure any sccots will find any excuse as to why England did not deserve to win that game. But The fact is they did. Get over it.

mickki40
13-11-2011, 09:15 AM
If nothing else it was an observation on the game. When England scored they'd hardly touched the ball. Maybe shows that sometimes just putting the ball into the box rather than playing 1000 passes can be more effective. Spain are a great side and tonight probably only played about 30% but there were times when they played 1 or 2 more passes than they needed to. Should also have said England did defend very well and most of Spain's wee 1/2's at the edge of the box didn't work out due to good defending.

Agreed. you don't have to have the 1000 passes. It's only goals that count. FACT.

BEEJ
13-11-2011, 09:20 AM
If nothing else it was an observation on the game. When England scored they'd hardly touched the ball. Maybe shows that sometimes just putting the ball into the box rather than playing 1000 passes can be more effective. Spain are a great side and tonight probably only played about 30% but there were times when they played 1 or 2 more passes than they needed to. Should also have said England did defend very well and most of Spain's wee 1/2's at the edge of the box didn't work out due to good defending.
I was listening to the match commentary on Five Live and to be fair to the commentary team they were utterly depressed about the state of the game in England given the complete dominance of Spain in the first half and how they played the game.

They were utterly amazed when England scored and at the end of the 90 minutes were mature enough to realise that fortune had favoured them on this occasion.

Part/Time Supporter
13-11-2011, 10:54 AM

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/283430/283430

:wink:

Joe
13-11-2011, 11:10 AM
If a nation is to be judged by it's tabloid press then were all damned then.

LancashireHibby
13-11-2011, 12:05 PM
Most people I know don't care much about England, they prefer their clubs, especially if they support Man U or Liverpool.

It's people from little towns with crap clubs who care most about England games.

Not too far wide of the mark there. United fans haven't been keen on England for years which of course means Liverpool follow suit (it's like Rantic all over again!)

Everton and Aston Villa are quite well represented at England games I believe but other than that it is generally lower league clubs that seem to make up more of the England support.

The tournaments are an absolute pain in the backside though as the bandwagon well and truly rolls on with people who simply don't know what it is to actually support a club, and they're the type as mentioned earlier in the thread.