PDA

View Full Version : So....... what is Hibernian all about???

madabouthibs
12-11-2011, 01:47 PM
We keep hearing criticism of STF/RP/Hibs board on here, with various references to them "not understanding what Hibs are all about" or "missing the point of what we're all about".

What are Hibs all about, in our opinions? What do we see Hibernian as, and why aren't the Board seeing it?

Seems to me that we think its easy peasy lemon squeezy. We buy/nurture players, we turn up on Saturday, we arrange the players in a certain formation, said players win game against other team, we all clap and cheer and go home happy. :flag:
To see this, people pay money, and that means we've got a nice ground and really good players.
Surely there can't be other complicated things getting in the way of that can there? :dunno:

:greengrin

Sas_The_Hibby
12-11-2011, 02:04 PM
We have our own myths and legends about the club, and indeed certain things to be proud of, e.g. our European history, but this is sometimes overblown. Much as I love Hibs, in many ways we're not very different from other non-OF clubs in Scotland who have their own history and traditions IMO :duck:.

I'm not sure what Hibs are "all about" TBH. Yes, I know we're supposed to have a tradition of fast flowing attacking football, but this has only happened occasionally in the nearly 50 years I've supported the club. We have our Irish heritage, which is something to respect but doesn't define us in the modern era (no flag debates, please! :greengrin). We think of ourselves as being well thought of by other clubs' fans, particularly in comparison with Hearts, but I'm not sure that's particularly true.

In some ways we're the non establishment club in Edinburgh, which I like, but that can be exaggerated too.

Personally, however, I'd give up a lot of our supposed romanticism for a few trophies.

BEEJ
12-11-2011, 03:15 PM
What are Hibs all about, in our opinions?
Transition. :wink:

Tedious, seemingly endless transition .....