PDA

View Full Version : Which manager can we get thats going to put bums on seats....???

hugo boss
12-11-2011, 12:24 PM
What manager can we get/afford thats going to win fans back and put bums on seats?? "WE NEED A LEADER":thumbsup:

Hibercelona
12-11-2011, 12:42 PM
Nobody.

Results will put bums back on seats, but as you say, we need a leader.

We need a no nonsense "my way or the highway" type of manager. Someone who will be 100% direct with the players about what he wants to achieve at the club and anybody who doesn't wish to comply can hand over their locker key.

Dashing Bob S
12-11-2011, 12:56 PM
If you want to see bums on seats, and at the refreshment stalls, and running around on the pitch, and in the dugout, Tynecastle is place to go.

Sas_The_Hibby
12-11-2011, 01:37 PM
What manager can we get/afford thats going to win fans back and put bums on seats?? "WE NEED A LEADER":thumbsup:

We need a leader on the pitch too. I can't remember a captain or any other player, taking that on, possibly since Sauzee.

francobaresi
12-11-2011, 01:50 PM
Nobody.

We need a no nonsense "my way or the highway" type of manager. Someone who will be 100% direct with the players about what he wants to achieve at the club and anybody who doesn't wish to comply can hand over their locker key.

Totally agree, if Mickey Mouse could get the team to start winning then he is the man, sorry, mouse for me...

Musselbound
12-11-2011, 02:12 PM
I think the obvious answer to that - at least in the short term - is Michael O'Neill. Of course it's just as important that he puts points on the board. I think he can do both but of course he will need a bit of time to get things going the way he wants.

Dashing Bob S
12-11-2011, 02:27 PM
Anything happening here?

greenlex
12-11-2011, 03:49 PM
If you want to see bums on seats, and at the refreshment stalls, and running around on the pitch, and in the dugout, Tynecastle is place to go.

:thumbsup::top marks

Beefster
12-11-2011, 04:01 PM
I think the obvious answer to that - at least in the short term - is Michael O'Neill. Of course it's just as important that he puts points on the board. I think he can do both but of course he will need a bit of time to get things going the way he wants.

I think folk are getting a wee but carried away with O'Neill, tbh. The only way that a manager is going to make a huge difference to crowds straight away is if they are either a Hibs legend (eg if Sauzee was appointed) or a huge name (which is even more unlikely than appointing Sauzee).

Scouse Hibee
12-11-2011, 07:36 PM
I think folk are getting a wee but carried away with O'Neill, tbh. The only way that a manager is going to make a huge difference to crowds straight away is if they are either a Hibs legend (eg if Sauzee was appointed) or a huge name (which is even more unlikely than appointing Sauzee).

:agree: The way people are talking if Michael O'Neill doesn't: win every SPL game, get us into Europe, win us the Scottish Cup, oust Rod Petrie,remove the board,fill the stadium, bring down ticket prices,get rid of the gulls, improve the music,bring in new caterers, improve BTG, and make Tam McCourt look useful he is going to be deemed a failure. :wink:

Talk about huge expectations on his shoulders :greengrin

DH1875
12-11-2011, 08:10 PM

What about the rumour going about that if Brown gets the job full time, he is bringing Latapy in as his number 2.

IberianHibernian
12-11-2011, 08:14 PM
We need a leader on the pitch too. I can't remember a captain or any other player, taking that on, possibly since Sauzee. Very good point and something I`ve always thought since Sauzee left. We need a captain who is good enough to be a first team regular ( Murray is not for example ) and will be an inspiration and example to team on and off field ( words with younger and not so young players who make news for non - football reasons for example ) .

basehibby
12-11-2011, 10:13 PM
Nobody.

Think you are right in the long term, but if you were talking about catching the imagination of the fans and getting them rushing round to the next home game to get in on the act then Gordon Strachan would be the leading contender of the names mentioned so far. Signing Michael O'Neill would also generate plenty of optimism and interest although he's some way to go before he matches Stachan's profile.

As you suggest, results over the piece and leadership are what really matter rather than instant appeal, although it would do no harm to have both as could well be the case with both of the above.

Forza Fred
12-11-2011, 11:49 PM
Think you are right in the long term, but if you were talking about catching the imagination of the fans and getting them rushing round to the next home game to get in on the act then Gordon Strachan would be the leading contender of the names mentioned so far. Signing Michael O'Neill would also generate plenty of optimism and interest although he's some way to go before he matches Stachan's profile.

As you suggest, results over the piece and leadership are what really matter rather than instant appeal, although it would do no harm to have both as could well be the case with both of the above.

I agree.

I think HIbs fans are looking for, and board are trying to get one - a ''WOW'' signing as manager.

Strachan certainly fits the bill as a no nonsense expereinced manager at a high level.

Michael O'Neill is untried outside of Ireland and the lower Scottish divisions.

I've got little doubt that Strachan will be there number one target.

My understanding - despite what has been said in the past, is that he nearly did come as manager once.

I think he'd be interested but the only thing he would want would be a guarantee about money for players - and I think STF would have to, despite his reluctance to - become involved in any negotiations if he was to come here, as I think he'd be tapped on t'he shoulder for 'further investment''.

Steve-O
13-11-2011, 12:50 AM
Surely we want a manager that gets people out of their seats? :wink:

cocopops1875
13-11-2011, 07:28 AM
Very good point and something I`ve always thought since Sauzee left. We need a captain who is good enough to be a first team regular ( Murray is not for example ) and will be an inspiration and example to team on and off field ( words with younger and not so young players who make news for non - football reasons for example ) .

I always thought katie was a good captain, led by example, talked to officials calmly, was a good pro off the pitch too and inspiration to the laddies that if your good enough your old enough and all he wanted was to look after his mummy

joe breezy
13-11-2011, 10:03 AM
Berlusconi, Bunga Bunga parties as part of the entrance fee