PDA

View Full Version : Off The Ball

Billychaotic182
12-11-2011, 11:18 AM
Anyone got Off the ball on? They are mainly talking about Hibs. Jimmy Calderwood and Rankin are on it

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/8360249.stm

Betty Boop
12-11-2011, 11:25 AM
Anyone got Off the ball on? They are mainly talking about Hibs. Jimmy Calderwood and Rankin are on it

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/8360249.stm

Calderwood or Jeffries yuk !

Monkey Harris
12-11-2011, 11:43 AM
Actully wanted the tan man last time round. His record speaks for it's self, the Pars finishing 4th. Aberdeen always top six, and last 32 in Europe.

DH1875
12-11-2011, 11:59 AM
Topic for the day is Hibs :aok:.

The Falcon
12-11-2011, 01:54 PM
Didnt hear it.

Did any of them have anything bad to say about us?

Springbank
12-11-2011, 01:57 PM
Actully wanted the tan man last time round. His record speaks for it's self, the Pars finishing 4th. Aberdeen always top six, and last 32 in Europe.

remind me of his record at his two most recent clubs (Killie and Ross County)

are you surprised he's not much-sought-after at either of those clubs???

Ross County preferred our assistant manager to Jimmy Calderwood.

Write him off now, and let's get MoN or WGS in please!!

hibiedude
12-11-2011, 02:00 PM
Everybody is being interviewed for the Hibs job the latest being Steven Presley but thankfully he's happy at Falkirk

Open All Mics

The_Todd
12-11-2011, 02:02 PM
remind me of his record at his two most recent clubs (Killie and Ross County)

Ok.

In both cases he signed short term deals til the end of the season, and he left Killie of his own accord after disagreeing about budgets.

His record:

Killie 30.43% win percent, kept Killie up (his objective)
Ross County 41.18% win percent. What we'd give for that right now.

The Harp
12-11-2011, 02:07 PM
Didnt hear it.

Didn't hear anything drastic about us (my selective hearing might be a factor tho). Mostly favourable comments about the huge size of the Club and the amount of fans we can take to away games when we are doing well. Our 2-0 victory over Real Madrid in mid 60's got a mention and even Richard Gordon admitted to being a bit of a fan years ago when Joe Harper signed for us.
All in all, not bad - didn't hear any Yam clowns getting their twopence worth in either.

stantonhibby
12-11-2011, 02:25 PM
Ok.

In both cases he signed short term deals til the end of the season, and he left Killie of his own accord after disagreeing about budgets.

His record:

Had lots to spend at both clubs though - particularly Dunfermline. They have still not recovered. I think we lost Brewster to them at that time ?

PatHead
12-11-2011, 02:35 PM
Also had plastic pitch advantage

Alfred E Newman
12-11-2011, 02:56 PM
Didnt hear it.

You can hear it again on BBC IPlayer.

The Falcon
12-11-2011, 03:25 PM
You can hear it again on BBC IPlayer.

If there's nothing controversial in there why bother. I can then avoid listing to Tam Cowan for an hour and a half of my life.

Given that it was Rankin who quite apparently had a fall out with CC, and Calderwood, who a number of weeks inferred that he knew the cause of any problems at ER and who/what they were.

frazeHFC
12-11-2011, 03:29 PM
Calderwood is who i would like. Sacking him has been an awful decision for Aberdeen.

greenlex
12-11-2011, 03:31 PM
I listened. Not worth it. The only interesting thing I learned and its straight from the horses mouth was that Richard Gordon was a Hibby before defecting to the sheep and still has a soft spot for us. Other than that totally uncontentious Pish with Rankin sitting on the fence and Calderwood trying to ingratiate himself to Hibs by saying what a great club Stadium infrastructure etc etc.
Calderwood did mention being in a few Edinburgh establishments blootered. Is this the kind of manager we need?:confused:

Iggy Pope
12-11-2011, 03:35 PM
Didnt hear it.

Cosgrove I don't normally have time for as I find hime to be a tiresome yap.

However, when the question of what Hibs meant to him, he remarked that it meant some of the best games he has ever witnessed and spoke very fondly of our late 60s and 70s sides.
He also spoke of the flair that is associated with our team and that we appear to have lost that a bit (No sjit sherlock!)

As well as how much he liked Hibs being at the centre of Scottish Football's Northern Soul contribution! (A reference to the many Hibbies that prevail in the scene and that there is a regular all nighter at the Hibs Club)

Jimmy Calderwood confirmed what a big club we are and that we could probably fill Hampden ourselves on a cup final day. Mentioned Stanton, Blackley, Brownlie, Edwards and O'Rourke.
Also that he found Hibs v Aberdeen games to be big, games and hard fought.
Nice words, but don't fancy him anywhere near the job...

Northernhibee
12-11-2011, 03:40 PM
The more I think about it, the more I'd be happy with Tango Man.

Joe
12-11-2011, 03:47 PM
I'd be very happy with Jimmy Calderwood. Of his last eight home games against Rangers with Aberdeen they lost one, won three and drew four, not bad if you ask me. Probably the best manager Aberdeen have had since Ferguson, worked miricales at Dunfermline, why not?

Beefster
12-11-2011, 03:55 PM
Ok.

His record:

Calderwood and the Killie chairman said that the objective was top six. He failed.

R'Albin
12-11-2011, 04:18 PM
Sacking him has been an awful decision for Aberdeen.

:agree:

ALF TUPPER
12-11-2011, 04:32 PM
Tam Cowan ' Hibs fans deserve better' :wink:

DH1875
12-11-2011, 07:04 PM
If there's nothing controversial in there why bother. I can then avoid listing to Tam Cowan for an hour and a half of my life.

Given that it was Rankin who quite apparently had a fall out with CC, and Calderwood, who a number of weeks inferred that he knew the cause of any problems at ER and who/what they were.

If you listen to it you will hear Rankin say the CC promised him a new contract and that they would get it sorted but it never came. Said to top it all of it happened on Christmas eve so him and his family had a great christmas and he felt really good and happy but after it started to drag on he new he wasn't really wanted. Rankin also said his best moment in a Hibs shirt was the 3-0 win at Ibrox last season and him scoring that night.

Black Kyle
12-11-2011, 07:32 PM
Wee gem from Open All Mics today....'John Hughes could be in line for his move to England as Berwick Rangers are looking for a manager.'

Made me smile anyway!

hibsboy90
12-11-2011, 08:00 PM
Controversy on OTB today apparently to do with Ian Durant. On the subject of Pittodrie potentially being renamed, Cosgrove suggeted the Ian Durant stadium (alluding to a horror tackle he received up there). Richard Gordon giggled away.

Flatmate showed me it on Follow Follow, complaints flooding in apparently.

Kaiser_Sauzee
12-11-2011, 08:21 PM
The more I think about it, the more I'd be happy with Tango Man.

I wouldn't be disappointed if he got the gig.

ronaldo7
12-11-2011, 08:49 PM
This cannae be the same Tangoman who was castigating the "Upstairs Department" of Hibernian Football club a couple of months ago on Sportscene. Shirley not Mr Caldrwood.

Although you never mentioned anyone in that Sportscene piece... You had a good dig a Hibernian as a whole.

Ye can GETY*** as far as I'm concerned.

AFKA5814_Hibs
12-11-2011, 09:02 PM
When he was Aberdeen manager I seem to remember Tangoman was quite complimentary towards Hibs and our players at the time.

SquashedFrogg
13-11-2011, 04:41 PM
Am I allowed to point out that JJ has a better spl record than Jimmy Calderwood? :hide:

smurf
13-11-2011, 04:47 PM
I think he would be a decent appointment....