PDA

View Full Version : Tache - The Defence

ELHibee
12-11-2011, 10:10 AM
Interesting piece in todays Scotsman by Glenn Gibbons.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/european/glenn_gibbons_petrie_has_proved_his_worth_as_chair man_1_1962589

Phil D. Rolls
12-11-2011, 10:15 AM
This was especially welcome, since it provided blessed relief from the conspicuously uninformed and largely ill-considered comments of the former players and self-important “supporters” inevitably trotted out on these occasions by a fevered media. These mouthpieces almost invariably achieve nothing other than a betrayal of their own ignorance.

He couldn't have done better if he had just called them "lickspittle running dogs of the reactionary agenda".

I don't want to say he's right, as I'm sure I'll just betray my own ignorance.

BEEJ
12-11-2011, 10:20 AM
He couldn't have done better if he had just called them "lickspittle running dogs of the reactionary agenda".

I don't want to say he's right, as I'm sure I'll just betray my own ignorance.
:greengrin

I always feel something's 'not quite right' when an article like that is so one-sided.

EasterRoad4Ever
12-11-2011, 10:52 AM
Interesting piece in todays Scotsman by Glenn Gibbons.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/european/glenn_gibbons_petrie_has_proved_his_worth_as_chair man_1_1962589

Perfect example of a PR generated piece of drivel likely commissioned by STF or Petrie himself. TOTALLY misses the point of what the club is all about, and I'll bet the journo no hasn't been to a Hibs game in years :rolleyes:

The Green Goblin
12-11-2011, 11:01 AM
Gibbons is a die-hard yam.

GG

Don Giovanni
12-11-2011, 12:26 PM
Perfect example of a PR generated piece of drivel likely commissioned by STF or Petrie himself. TOTALLY misses the point of what the club is all about, and I'll bet the journo no hasn't been to a Hibs game in years :rolleyes: :agree: I thought that read like a club statement or a commissioned piece of work. The bottom line is that regardless of off-field performance, if the club is failing on the field then the club, and by extension the board, are failing full stop. [For the record I am neither for nor against the board. I am for Hibernian Football Club first, last and only.]

fatbloke
12-11-2011, 12:58 PM
Gibbons is a die-hard yam.

GG

And i will bet that if pushed Mr Gibbons yam or no yam would take Mr Petrie as Hearts chairman in a minute. We have to stop this Petrie bashing - I cannot remember the last time Rod missed a last minute penalty against the Yams or did not track the opposing centre forward back to prevent him scoring against us - as it is not productive or clever.

Before anyone says anything I am not an RP apologist. I have more reason to have issue with Mr Petrie than probably any Hibs fan anywhere - the reason for which i will not go into. But frankly I am bored of the whole get rid of STF and RP thing. Football is like any business nobody takes decisions hoping to fail - ok there is a bit more attachment to a club than any other business, unless it pays your wages and therefore feeds, clothes and helps house your family and it is time we gave up the pointless mouthing off and started supporting the team and the board.

Moan over

GlorryGlóirdonHibees

Baldy Foghorn
12-11-2011, 12:58 PM
Gibbons view is particularily one sided, and if truth be told pretty condescending towards "ill informed mouthpieces" as he puts it......I think he is another guy who never writes anything bad about Hibs, along with David Hardie, who don't like rocking the boat, and in my mind not taking their profession seriously....

FWIW the "mouthpieces", had various concerns that were voiced in a constructive manner, whatever happened to freedom of speech?