PDA

View Full Version : Leigh Griffiths

Wotherspiniesta
11-11-2011, 06:20 PM
Interesting bit with Mick Mccarthy at the end of this (http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/european/steven_fletcher_wants_to_play_for_scotland_wolves_ boss_1_1961333) article.

Maybe with Calderwood's departure it may have scuppered our chances a little, but could we see Leigh at Easter Road beyond January?

FWIW, I'd love to see him sign on a permanent deal. :flag:

Kaiser Sauzee
11-11-2011, 06:22 PM
Interesting bit with Mick Mccarthy at the end of this (http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/european/steven_fletcher_wants_to_play_for_scotland_wolves_ boss_1_1961333) article.

Maybe with Calderwood's departure it may have scuppered our chances a little, but could we see Leigh at Easter Road beyond January?

There's a player in there, but needs more games. Would like to see him stay.

Don't think he's good enough for the EPL so wolves might as well let us keep him for longer IMO

Sylar
11-11-2011, 06:57 PM

Not a chance I wouldn't think. I don't think he's good enough to play in the Premiership YET, but Wolves signed him as a prospect and I think he'll graduate into the Wolves team at some point.

I don't think they'll have signed him in the summer there to then sell him on again without having given him a try.

Dashing Bob S
11-11-2011, 07:01 PM
Not a chance I wouldn't think. I don't think he's good enough to play in the Premiership YET, but Wolves signed him as a prospect and I think he'll graduate into the Wolves team at some point.

I don't think they'll have signed him in the summer there to then sell him on again without having given him a try.

Not being a negative sort, but I really can't see LG doing the business in the EPL. He just doesn't have the physical stature for the game there.

Mark79
11-11-2011, 07:08 PM
He is struggling to adjust to the spl as it is. Never epl quality IMHO.

coco22
11-11-2011, 07:11 PM
Not being a negative sort, but I really can't see LG doing the business in the EPL. He just doesn't have the physical stature for the game there.

totally agree, think he's doing fine for us. going to need to screw the nut and make better decisions if he's going to make it at the top level in the spl, let alone the epl.

PeterboroHibee
11-11-2011, 07:25 PM

Agree with this, he has his moments but really dont think he looks anything special (at the moment at least).

Jones28
11-11-2011, 08:55 PM

Agree with that. He's not been playing great, making some poor decisions. He can be great, but there are other occasions where he's lacking.

lucky
11-11-2011, 09:00 PM
The boy tries hard but maybe over keen but does give the impression he would struggle to hit the proverbial barn door at times. He is not ready for the SPL and is nowhere near the EPL standard. But I hope he improves and becomes a top class player but I have my doubts.

iwasthere1972
11-11-2011, 09:08 PM
If he wasn't so greedy and passed the ball instead of shooting everytime he's within 20-30 yards of goal he would be a much better player. He needs to be a team player and not a glory hunter. Once he sorts out that part of his game he will be a far better player.

Bostonhibby
11-11-2011, 09:10 PM

This is where I am on a player and Hibby I like a lot.

McCarthy knows what he is doing at that level and I don't think what has happened at ER involving a guy McCarthy probably wouldn't take on as a reserve team coach will influence what McCarthy does, or what ultimately happens re Leigh Griffiths long term or during his time with Hibs. Suspect this was more to do with what Leigh wanted to do short term than any footballing judgement on the part of Birminghams potential second team bootlace selector.

JimBHibees
12-11-2011, 06:53 AM
Any who are saying he isnt good enough for the SPL are talking nonsense he is more than good enough for it. Have been impressed with his attitude and ability however he has made wrong choices in games but that will come. He is trying to hard at times but prefer that than players going into their shell. Personally dont think he is being helped too much at present by GOC but hope that can be sorted.