PDA

View Full Version : The root cause

Kaiser Sauzee
11-11-2011, 06:22 PM
First post, used to post years back as a student but forgot my user name etc. Have been a visitor to the forum almost daily though since.

Decided it was about time I got back into it!

Should firstly say I'm not by any stretch a regular at ER, having grow up 60 odd miles away and then being a student and since being in a job whereby I get 1 weekend off a month which I spend with my daughter as I'm divorced I'm lucky to make 6 games a season, but have been a massive fan for as along as I can remember.

For me at present it doesn't matter who we get as new boss unless it's someone strong enough willed to change an entire culture not just at our club but within the entire Scottish game!

The root cause of what is wrong in Scottish football, isn't the lack of money, the old firm or the SFA, the big problem is a total and utter lack of proffessionalism by the players.

They're more interested in the lifestyle of a footballer rather than doing what they enjoy and being the best they can be.

JC tried to instill that and was Unpopular with the players as a result.

I'll give 2 examples of our own players to highlight my point;

1 - near the start of the season on a Saturday I was dragged kicking and screaming by the bird to the shops at Livi. Whilst there she points out 2 wee kids in hibs strips, I then notice the dad is Martin Scott who himself is clad in the club training gear. 1st thoughts are, this guys proud to be part of our club. Despite being dropped and not playing. Then I notice where he's stood and what he's buying. Macdonald's and he's wolfing down a big Mac! Way to look after yourself and prove your counters wrong. In what other culture do so called pros feast on fast food. I've got a mate who plays part time rugby, prem side, he along with a numb of his teammates don't touch alcohol during the season as it affects their performance, dehydration etc etc. These guys are part time egg chasers and know to look after themselves.

2- last weeks scandal involving Stack, arguably the worst hibs performance, amongst a catalogue of poor shows, in a few years and he goes out, gets loaded and smacks some clown for giving him grief!

These guys have no professionalism and underline how poor our national game is and how I'll disciplined our players are. Until we as a club and as a nation sort this issue out we'll forever underachieve and it is an irrelevance who leads us.

cad
12-11-2011, 10:02 AM
Collins and Rod ,

Barry The Crab , Paul LeGuen

Same problem different clubs , fish supper a pint and what ever they can get away with backed , against professionalism , why thats the big question .

As long as they have the hoose BMW etc dont have to try to hard , life's a dawdle being a pro in Scotland .

TBH if Ned had our squad I hate to think what he would do to them ,comfort zone rattled would be the start me thinks .

The bottom line for me is attitude the players don't give a toss ,they want to be anywhere but Hibs , but Hibs are theyre level, why see above

Craig_in_Prague
12-11-2011, 10:08 AM
First post, used to post years back as a student but forgot my user name etc. Have been a visitor to the forum almost daily though since.

Decided it was about time I got back into it!

Should firstly say I'm not by any stretch a regular at ER, having grow up 60 odd miles away and then being a student and since being in a job whereby I get 1 weekend off a month which I spend with my daughter as I'm divorced I'm lucky to make 6 games a season, but have been a massive fan for as along as I can remember.

For me at present it doesn't matter who we get as new boss unless it's someone strong enough willed to change an entire culture not just at our club but within the entire Scottish game!

The root cause of what is wrong in Scottish football, isn't the lack of money, the old firm or the SFA, the big problem is a total and utter lack of proffessionalism by the players.

They're more interested in the lifestyle of a footballer rather than doing what they enjoy and being the best they can be.

JC tried to instill that and was Unpopular with the players as a result.

I'll give 2 examples of our own players to highlight my point;

1 - near the start of the season on a Saturday I was dragged kicking and screaming by the bird to the shops at Livi. Whilst there she points out 2 wee kids in hibs strips, I then notice the dad is Martin Scott who himself is clad in the club training gear. 1st thoughts are, this guys proud to be part of our club. Despite being dropped and not playing. Then I notice where he's stood and what he's buying. Macdonald's and he's wolfing down a big Mac! Way to look after yourself and prove your counters wrong. In what other culture do so called pros feast on fast food. I've got a mate who plays part time rugby, prem side, he along with a numb of his teammates don't touch alcohol during the season as it affects their performance, dehydration etc etc. These guys are part time egg chasers and know to look after themselves.

2- last weeks scandal involving Stack, arguably the worst hibs performance, amongst a catalogue of poor shows, in a few years and he goes out, gets loaded and smacks some clown for giving him grief!

These guys have no professionalism and underline how poor our national game is and how I'll disciplined our players are. Until we as a club and as a nation sort this issue out we'll forever underachieve and it is an irrelevance who leads us.

Can't disagree with all that, but was saying with a mate last night over the scotland game that actually as a nation we're way behind in many sports now, which never used to be the case in the past. There's a few exceptions from a few sportsmen/women but we're a unhealthy, unfit shower and we're becoming further and further away from the top.

HH81
12-11-2011, 10:15 AM
Footballers all over eat fast food. Premiership footballers eat it. In fact I spoke to two at a service station a few months ago and they were having a 'burger King'.

Liverpool and Manchester united players.

jdships
12-11-2011, 10:19 AM
Footballers all over eat fast food. Premiership footballers eat it. In fact I spoke to two at a service station a few months ago and they were having a 'burger King'.

Liverpool and Manchester united players.

:agree:
Have witnessed that myself and in moderation don't see what the problem is :rolleyes:

snooky
12-11-2011, 10:40 AM
Collins and Rod ,

Barry The Crab , Paul LeGuen

Same problem different clubs , fish supper a pint and what ever they can get away with backed , against professionalism , why thats the big question .

As long as they have the hoose BMW etc dont have to try to hard , life's a dawdle being a pro in Scotland .

TBH if Ned had our squad I hate to think what he would do to them ,comfort zone rattled would be the start me thinks .

The bottom line for me is attitude the players don't give a toss ,they want to be anywhere but Hibs , but Hibs are theyre level, why see above

On the other side of the coin ....
Fergie v Captain Marvel/McGrath/etc
Who won that face to face and what was the result?

Similar situation recently at Newcastle - Pardew & bad boy Andy Carroll, etc.
And how are the Magpies doing these days?

Hibbyradge
12-11-2011, 10:44 AM
I love it how everyone generalises. :wink:

Beefster
12-11-2011, 11:09 AM

Maybe I'm just a hot-headed, intolerant old git these days but I wouldn't call spitting at someone just giving them grief. I'd say that Stack smacked some clown after being assaulted.