PDA

View Full Version : Levein - so negative

AlbertK86
11-11-2011, 05:59 PM
just heard that clown say he night in two up front in second half he feels it is right but doesn't want to risk kormi by doing so. FFS its cyprus we're playing. No wonder we didn't qualify and how he is still in the job is beyond me

PISTOL1875
11-11-2011, 06:02 PM
Lets get this straight.. Potter will NEVER attack and is far too scared to make mistakes... Watching Scotland parking the bus is gonna be the norm while Levein in charge so we had all better just get used to it..

Pretty Boy
11-11-2011, 06:05 PM
His stubborness in formation makes no sense to me. He always says he wants to get players used.to playing a certain way but surely a good manager changes his tactics to suit opponents. I'm sure Fergie doesn't line up the same against Chelsea as he does against Wolves so why does Potter insist on the same formation against Spain and Cyprus?

SteveHFC
11-11-2011, 06:06 PM
Levein is a Tosser

chrisski33
11-11-2011, 06:08 PM
Levein is pointless and so is this freindly!

PISTOL1875
11-11-2011, 06:12 PM
His stubborness in formation makes no sense to me. He always says he wants to get players used.to playing a certain way but surely a good manager changes his tactics to suit opponents. I'm sure Fergie doesn't line up the same against Chelsea as he does against Wolves so why does Potter insist on the same formation against Spain and Cyprus?

4-5-1 is the way we are gonna play from now. It won't be changed for anybody..

blackpoolhibs
11-11-2011, 06:17 PM
Potter is driving the ordinary fan away with his negative tactics and formations.:rolleyes:

SteveHFC
11-11-2011, 06:19 PM
Even the players look bored :rolleyes:

woody47
11-11-2011, 06:52 PM
Levein = :asshole:

Zazu62
11-11-2011, 07:00 PM
I think mgowan (sp) from st mirren should be in the squad surprised he hasn't called up Ian black

Levein is a plum

bighairyfaeleith
11-11-2011, 07:05 PM
Levein is an arse, his formations and tactics are pish, he looks like a homeless jakey, oh aye and he is a hearts ****!!

SteveHFC
11-11-2011, 07:07 PM
Levein is an arse, his formations and tactics are pish, he looks like a homeless jakey, oh aye and he is a hearts ****!!

:not worth

frazeHFC
11-11-2011, 07:11 PM

:top marks

Saorsa
11-11-2011, 07:12 PM
:jamboclowhttp://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/smilies/jerkoff.gif

Jonnyboy
11-11-2011, 07:50 PM
4-5-1 is the way we are gonna play from now. It won't be changed for anybody..

Occasionally reverting to his favourite 6-4-0

PeterboroHibee
11-11-2011, 07:54 PM
He really sucks all the joy out of watching football, they are playing Cyprus and apart from 2 individual moments have been horrendous, playing negative, boring football.

First real positive change in the 80th minute when he brings on Conway for Robson, and then he brings on Rhodes, who whilst banging them in, is playing in League 1, while Goodie is stuck on the bench? Leveins got a bad habit of picking his favourites and really making some players feel like they dont have a place in the team.

Dashing Bob S
11-11-2011, 08:02 PM
If there's one thing you can't call CL it's negative. :fibber::fibber::fibber::fibber::fibber::fibber:

Saorsa
11-11-2011, 08:05 PM
If there's one thing you can't call CL it's negative. :fibber::fibber::fibber::fibber::fibber::fibber: there's plenty other things tae call him anyway :agree:

hibbytam
11-11-2011, 09:28 PM
Lets get this straight.. Potter will NEVER attack and is far too scared to make mistakes... Watching Scotland parking the bus is gonna be the norm while Levein in charge so we had all better just get used to it..

He's been found out, simply not good enough for international management.

mca
11-11-2011, 09:53 PM
Normally / when a Scotland Game comes around i would move heaven and hell to get out of work or avoid anything that kept me away from the pub kinda thing !!!

today my wife actually informed me the game was on the council telly and i didnt need to pay for it or go to the pub to watch it... BUT - i wasnt interested ....

its sad, that i couldnt be ersed watching scotland !! - normally i have a pie in the oven and a few cans in front of the telly - but recently - i just knew it was going to be negative football - thats if u can call it being as good as negative .. aye = its pi$h and its no much fun to watch ...

Can Anyone tell me who the "wee" team were tonight ??? please...

Geo_1875
11-11-2011, 10:42 PM
Give the guy a break. It's how hertz played when he won all his trophies.

DH1875
11-11-2011, 11:11 PM
Anyone else fear the worse and think we could end up bottom of the group?

Allant1981
11-11-2011, 11:26 PM
Tonight should have been about giving the fringe players a game, he knows how miller, caldwell etc can play so why not give the others a decent run out. Even if it meant getting beat at least he would know these other guys werent up to it. The guy is a very poor manager in my opinion

Leith_Hibee
11-11-2011, 11:55 PM
I'm not a fan of HP and a wee bit raging that Stevenson of Hearts got a call up before Garry O'Connor.

Howerever, the 4-5-1 formation I totally agree with, thats the formation Scotland will play in most their games so its important the players get used to it. It's a wee bit simplistic to say we're playing someone rubbish so lets go 4-2-4 and score some goals!!

Also, great to see him play his strongest team available, dont agree with giving players a caps to give them a chance, their club performances should prove them good enough for international football.

Massive hats off to D.Fletcher for his commitment to Scotland. Could see many a player at a top club being "injured" for a friendly.

Allant1981
12-11-2011, 08:03 AM
Sorry but the whole point of a friendly should be to test some players to see if they are good enough. Why play mcgregor for example. Everyone in the country knows he is our best keeper just now so we need to know if the other guy is good enough if mcgregor gets injured

H18sry
12-11-2011, 08:26 AM
Tonight should have been about giving the fringe players a game, he knows how miller, caldwell etc can play so why not give the others a decent run out. Even if it meant getting beat at least he would know these other guys werent up to it. The guy is a very poor manager in my opinion

Sorry but the whole point of a friendly should be to test some players to see if they are good enough. Why play mcgregor for example. Everyone in the country knows he is our best keeper just now so we need to know if the other guy is good enough if mcgregor gets injured

He was scared to experiment last night incase we lost and he got the boot :agree:

pentlando
12-11-2011, 08:27 AM

I agree to an extent but you only get so many international games a year, is it not more important that McGregor gets as much game time with his back 4 as possible? I have to admit i like him playing his strongest possible side, makes players who do play feel like they merit it, rather than just picking up experimental caps that Berti Vogts passed around like a bag of sweets (incidentally Calderwood was asked but he spent too much time comparing the Haribos with the fruit pastilles). The only exception he makes is for younger players to pick up a few confidence booster caps and those who are eligible for other nations :wink:

Craig_in_Prague
12-11-2011, 08:36 AM
A whopping 3.5 minutes he gave Rhodes.

KeithTheHibby
12-11-2011, 09:08 AM
I actually left the pub just after the second half started in order to be home with a chippy and the ROI game, sad I know but make no apologies for it.

Potter is a complete twat and I would have thought friendlies are the time to experiment. KM scored a fine goal yes but what are we learning from playing him up front on his own again? To only give Rhodes 3 minutes is rediculous.

On the other hand we won the game which is what Potter will point to.

Allant1981
12-11-2011, 10:29 AM
E
I agree to an extent but you only get so many international games a year, is it not more important that McGregor gets as much game time with his back 4 as possible? I have to admit i like him playing his strongest possible side, makes players who do play feel like they merit it, rather than just picking up experimental caps that Berti Vogts passed around like a bag of sweets (incidentally Calderwood was asked but he spent too much time comparing the Haribos with the fruit pastilles). The only exception he makes is for younger players to pick up a few confidence booster caps and those who are eligible for other nations :wink: i agree that he should start his strongest side but that team last night isnt his first 11 so why not experiment a bit more. I dont think he would have got much from last night. I give another example in his daft thought process. Why bring crainey on again. The guy has played before so again knows what he can do but keeps less experienced guys sitting on the bench. If he has picked them for the squad he obviously thinks they are good enough

BEEJ
12-11-2011, 10:34 AM
I watched 20 minutes or so of the second half (it was already 2-1 when I started) and thought that in terms of moving the ball around with fluidity, Cyprus were the much more accomplished side on the night.

Looking at the highlights would seem to confirm that while our victory was founded upon the 'punt up the park' sprinkled with the occasional bursts of individual flair, the Cypriots (ranked 120th in the FIFA rankings) played much more as a team.

However, I'm prepared to consider an alternative viewpoint from anyone who endured the whole 90 minutes. :dunno:

Hibbyradge
12-11-2011, 10:36 AM
I thought we did ok.

Cracking finish from Miller too.

H18sry
12-11-2011, 11:04 AM
I thought we did ok.

Cracking finish from Miller too.

But ok is not good enough against one of Europe's weakest team's, we are playing way below our ability under Levein's negative tactic's :agree:

bigstu
12-11-2011, 11:08 AM
Levein is a tit & his tactics are even worse! He is a man out of his depth! We should have qualified for the Euros & would have if it wasn't for his defensive ways, the likes of Czech were there for the taking & we have some good attacking players, so why not attack!? Instead he plays 1/0 strikers & gets 1 goal & sits back. Idiot of a man

The Modfather
12-11-2011, 12:53 PM
But ok is not good enough against one of Europe's weakest team's, we are playing way below our ability under Levein's negative tactic's :agree:

Cyprus drew 4-4 in Portugal in the qualification campaign. Not quite the result of "one of Europe's weakest team's".

DH1875
12-11-2011, 01:04 PM
Cyprus drew 4-4 in Portugal in the qualification campaign. Not quite the result of "one of Europe's weakest team's".

Was only a 2nd string Cyprus team put out last night and even then they could have scored a few.

The Modfather
12-11-2011, 01:56 PM
Was only a 2nd string Cyprus team put out last night and even then they could have scored a few.

We were also missing players. Just trying to add a bit of perspective to those who are determined to put a negative spin on an away friendly win.

Dashing Bob S
12-11-2011, 01:57 PM
We were also missing players. Just trying to add a bit of perspective to those who are determined to put a negative spin on an away friendly win.

:faf:

PatHead
12-11-2011, 02:07 PM
Always feel HP doesn't have a plan B (other than 4 6 0) which could be used in must win games or against lower teams in qualifying ties. Last night was the perfect opportunity to try this with as many as his main squad as were available. Whilst it was a win and there were one or two positives it has to be a missed opportunity which did make it a meaningless friendly.

Seveno
12-11-2011, 08:22 PM
Levein is a Tosser

Not the most intellectually thought out comment.

Just happens to be 100 per cent accurate though.