PDA

View Full Version : The tash on twitter

Deeklipse
11-11-2011, 12:40 PM
Well we've had Gary Caldwell, Craig Levein and Craig Brown. Looks like Petrie is the latest. @RodPetrie1875 (http://twitter.com/rodpetrie1875)

hibsbollah
11-11-2011, 12:48 PM
thats moderately funny :greengrinSome bassa has already got the hibsbollah name on twitter (i think its called a hashtag but im an auld fart and this could be a street name for the latest horse tranquiliser rave drug for all i know). Its shocking when people steal your own personal 'handle'. Pure shan in fact.

Elephant Stone
11-11-2011, 12:49 PM
Definitely him: "Thought I'd address the rumours about John Collins saying he'd come back if things were different. I'm still as tight as an eskimo's bawsac."

Deeklipse
11-11-2011, 12:55 PM
A hashtag is different to a username and is a word or phrase with a hash in front to make it searchable eg. HibsAGM. If lots of people use the same hashtag then that is what makes something 'trend'.

Usernames begin with an @ sign eg. @hibsbollah

There endeth the Twitter lesson for old farts! :thumbsup:

On a side note, and though I use Twitter, and hashtags, a phenomenon which is starting to really get my goat is when TV shows eg. Celebrity Juice try to get phrases trending by asking viewers to tweet them. Or worse still when someone on the radio realises they have said something mildly amusing and they repeat it prefixed with the word 'hashtag' :grr:

hibsbollah
11-11-2011, 01:02 PM
thank you deeklipse for that concise yet informative summary. Word :greengrinJoey Barton is highly entertaining on twitter. not a day goes by without him saying something controversial...slagging the English Defence League, quoting Nietsche and calling Gervinho a 'peculiar creature'.

hibiedude
11-11-2011, 01:06 PM
The bit about Billy Brown asking to turn the heating on :faf::faf::faf: Someone with a good sense of humour

RodPetrie1875

Everything is in place: great stadium, training centre, reinforced multi-locking safe/vault system in which to store the company chequebook :faf::

Deeklipse
11-11-2011, 02:22 PM
"Surprised it's taken this long but just received the obligatory application from Stuart 'Big In Japan' Baxter. Can that guy not take a hint?"

Chibs
11-11-2011, 02:27 PM
A hashtag is different to a username and is a word or phrase with a hash in front to make it searchable eg. HibsAGM. If lots of people use the same hashtag then that is what makes something 'trend'.

Usernames begin with an @ sign eg. @hibsbollah

There endeth the Twitter lesson for old farts! :thumbsup:

On a side note, and though I use Twitter, and hashtags, a phenomenon which is starting to really get my goat is when TV shows eg. Celebrity Juice try to get phrases trending by asking viewers to tweet them. Or worse still when someone on the radio realises they have said something mildly amusing and they repeat it prefixed with the word 'hashtag' :grr:

This old fart still has no idea what the hell your talking about.

Living in holland at the moment and if I asked someone what a hashtag was I think I would get a completley different answer.

YehButNoBut
14-11-2011, 11:25 AM
Some recent Rod classics

@RodPetrie1875 (https://twitter.com/#!/RodPetrie1875) Rod Petrie

@patnevinhibee (https://twitter.com/#!/patnevinhibee) no problem Pat. Will consult you soon on the big decision. I know you never make a bad choice. Well except Rod Stewart!

Not heard much mention of Gordon Strachan for the last few days. Always thought he was funny pre-Sellickfootballclub.

Looking at some potential January signings to make things easier for the new manager. Would hate to be scrambling around on Jan 31st.

Almost halfway through #Movember (https://twitter.com/#!/search?q=%23Movember) and I've still got the only decent mo at Easter Road.

Just woke up with a start. Had a dream that I'd given John Hughes another chance to leave an unworkable legacy.

IWasThere2016
14-11-2011, 11:40 AM
Some good ones in there :greengrin