PDA

View Full Version : Ritchie ryan

CRAZYHIBBY
10-11-2011, 10:22 PM
Theres an article on news now saying we are interested in sligo rovers 26 year old captain.........im having trouble reading the full article as im using my mobile so I dont know
any more

SteveHFC
10-11-2011, 10:26 PM
Possibly a O'Neil Signing:wink:

PatHead
10-11-2011, 10:32 PM
..........or Petrie signing players the new manager doesn't want if you believe talk of Hibs signing policy:greengrin

greenlex
10-11-2011, 10:39 PM
Saying we are interested. If he can play and it looks as if he can Iwould disappointed if our scouting system was not looking at him an making contact.

SteveHFC
10-11-2011, 10:51 PM
http://www.sportsnewsireland.com/soccer_irish/63014/

pogo
10-11-2011, 10:56 PM
Apparently we're not the only ones though!

http://www.herald.ie/sport/soccer/british-clubs-in-chase-for-sligos-ryan-2931723.html

NOLA
10-11-2011, 11:17 PM
Apparently we're not the only ones though!

http://www.herald.ie/sport/soccer/british-clubs-in-chase-for-sligos-ryan-2931723.html
if its down to wages we wont better the posh deal :(

Beefster
11-11-2011, 05:13 AM
Irrespective of how many scouts we have, we shouldn't be 'interested' in anyone at the moment. Any player who was contacted or looked at prior to Calderwood's sacking, the process should be put on hold until the new manager is in and identifies / okays targets. This scenario where a [new] manager is having to just rubber stamp some signings identified by the club is part of the problem IMO.

We used to laugh at the Yams for buying players that weren't the manager's choice.

huggie1875
11-11-2011, 05:46 AM
..........or Petrie signing players the new manager doesn't want if you believe talk of Hibs signing policy:greengrin

talk started by hearts fans i would think:aok:

Don Giovanni
11-11-2011, 06:52 AM
Irrespective of how many scouts we have, we shouldn't be 'interested' in anyone at the moment. Any player who was contacted or looked at prior to Calderwood's sacking, the process should be put on hold until the new manager is in and identifies / okays targets. This scenario where a [new] manager is having to just rubber stamp some signings identified by the club is part of the problem IMO. We used to laugh at the Yams for buying players that weren't the manager's choice. :agree: Whey's in cherge here?

greenlex
11-11-2011, 06:54 AM
Irrespective of how many scouts we have, we shouldn't be 'interested' in anyone at the moment. Any player who was contacted or looked at prior to Calderwood's sacking, the process should be put on hold until the new manager is in and identifies / okays targets. This scenario where a [new] manager is having to just rubber stamp some signings identified by the club is part of the problem IMO.

We used to laugh at the Yams for buying players that weren't the manager's choice.

Couldn't disagree more Beefster. The process should not stop just because we are manageress. Sure the manager should be the one that has the last say and I am sure he does but the scouting network identifies players for the club not for the manager whoever he is. If the player or his agent is interested then surely it's escalated from there with a trial or whatever.

Don Giovanni
11-11-2011, 07:20 AM
Couldn't disagree more Beefster. The process should not stop just because we are manageress. Sure the manager should be the one that has the last say and I am sure he does but the scouting network identifies players for the club not for the manager whoever he is. If the player or his agent is interested then surely it's escalated from there with a trial or whatever. Of course a scouting network should be identifying targets - thats their purpose - but with no manager at present how can we be in a position to offer contracts and sign playing staff? Surely a football manager should have the final say on these matters and I suspect we are still at least a couple of weeks away from appointing anyone. We shouldn't be bringing anyone in until the new manager is in place and calling the shots. All of the clubs efforts should be concentrated on that recruitment process.

FifeeHibee
11-11-2011, 07:23 AM

We'd better get used to the fact that we have a manager. He's called Billy Brown and he'll be around a while! If there are good signings to be made, then make them.

greenlex
11-11-2011, 08:41 AM
Of course a scouting network should be identifying targets - thats their purpose - but with no manager at present how can we be in a position to offer contracts and sign playing staff? Surely a football manager should have the final say on these matters and I suspect we are still at least a couple of weeks away from appointing anyone. We shouldn't be bringing anyone in until the new manager is in place and calling the shots. All of the clubs efforts should be concentrated on that recruitment process.

Have we offered the laddie anything?
Of course no one should be signed before a new manager has the final say.
What if the club have already offered the laddie a contract? The contract is between te club and the player not the manager and the player. I could be argued that if the offer was open for say a week or two the player coud sign fir the club without a manager being in position. I know if I was an agent I woud certainly be arguing the case.
Anyway I digress a bit. I agree no one should be signed without a proper longish term manager in position. I doubt we have progressed beyond the noting an interest so everything else is speculation as always. The scouting network should be going about their business as normal.

Beefster
11-11-2011, 08:50 AM
Couldn't disagree more Beefster. The process should not stop just because we are manageress. Sure the manager should be the one that has the last say and I am sure he does but the scouting network identifies players for the club not for the manager whoever he is. If the player or his agent is interested then surely it's escalated from there with a trial or whatever.

Of course a scouting network should be identifying targets - thats their purpose - but with no manager at present how can we be in a position to offer contracts and sign playing staff? Surely a football manager should have the final say on these matters and I suspect we are still at least a couple of weeks away from appointing anyone. We shouldn't be bringing anyone in until the new manager is in place and calling the shots. All of the clubs efforts should be concentrated on that recruitment process.

That was exactly the point I was trying to make. The scouting network's job is to provide the club (preferably the manager) with a list of potential targets or reports on players that the manager requests.

Have we offered the laddie anything?
Of course no one should be signed before a new manager has the final say.
What if the club have already offered the laddie a contract? The contract is between te club and the player not the manager and the player. I could be argued that if the offer was open for say a week or two the player coud sign fir the club without a manager being in position. I know if I was an agent I woud certainly be arguing the case.
Anyway I digress a bit. I agree no one should be signed without a proper longish term manager in position. I doubt we have progressed beyond the noting an interest so everything else is speculation as always. The scouting network should be going about their business as normal.

If he hasn't signed it then it should be withdrawn until the new manager is in place and decides upon his targets. If we lose out, hey ho. The possible alternative is being landed with a player on a lengthy contract that the new manager doesn't rate. Considering our finances, that's the last thing we can afford.

Who the contract is officially between should be irrelevant. The club should not be offering new contracts (or renewals) to players destined for the senior squad without being instructed to by the manager. Youth players are different, obviously.

GordonHFC
11-11-2011, 10:25 AM
Almost certain to sign for the Arabs if you believe the 'currant bun'

jdships
11-11-2011, 10:33 AM

Credible source for that quote please :confused:
I can only quote from two players I have spoken with , who signed in the last year.
Both are adamant the first time they met RP was after they had had meetings with the manager and moved on to discuss the wages/terms provisionally agreed by their agent .

:flag:

Don Giovanni
11-11-2011, 01:25 PM
Have we offered the laddie anything? Of course no one should be signed before a new manager has the final say. What if the club have already offered the laddie a contract? The contract is between te club and the player not the manager and the player. I could be argued that if the offer was open for say a week or two the player coud sign fir the club without a manager being in position. I know if I was an agent I woud certainly be arguing the case.Anyway I digress a bit. I agree no one should be signed without a proper longish term manager in position. I doubt we have progressed beyond the noting an interest so everything else is speculation as always. The scouting network should be going about their business as normal. I have no idea whether Hibs or anyone else have offered the laddie a contract. The article reads "managerless Hibs have expressed an interest..." in the player (whatever that means?) Hibs scouting network should be scouting tens of players at any one time but "expressing an interest" would suggest there has been dialogue between the clubs & player. For me that goes beyond having a scout at a game. IMO until we have a manager in place all bets should be off as far as player recruitment is concerned.

greenlex
11-11-2011, 02:24 PM
I have no idea whether Hibs or anyone else have offered the laddie a contract. The article reads "managerless Hibs have expressed an interest..." in the player (whatever that means?) Hibs scouting network should be scouting tens of players at any one time but "expressing an interest" would suggest there has been dialogue between the clubs & player. For me that goes beyond having a scout at a game. IMO until we have a manager in place all bets should be off as far as player recruitment is concerned.Scours in contact with Agent. ( could have been weeks ago.Agent tells scout this week that the pkayer is of this week to Posh.Scout says ok keep in touch and tell me how he gets on cant really progress as we are managerless.Agent tells paper Hibs interested.Dinnae see what the ffuss is about. Not aimed at you Gio but only on here us thst construed as Hibs signing players without a manager.Is the scout doing his job?

HibeeMG
11-11-2011, 04:43 PM

Cherie Lunghi for the Hibs job? :greengrin

Sorry, couldn't resist! :wink:

greenlex
11-11-2011, 04:56 PM
Cherie Lunghi for the Hibs job? :greengrinSorry, couldn't resist! :wink: Gets my vote.

Don Giovanni
11-11-2011, 07:28 PM
Scours in contact with Agent. ( could have been weeks ago.Agent tells scout this week that the pkayer is of this week to Posh.Scout says ok keep in touch and tell me how he gets on cant really progress as we are managerless.Agent tells paper Hibs interested.Dinnae see what the ffuss is about. Not aimed at you Gio but only on here us thst construed as Hibs signing players without a manager.Is the scout doing his job? Scout should keep his trap shut - blabbin' transfer targets to the media aint Hibs style. :wink: Anyhoo, we can probably agree that the chances of this guy landing at ER seem pretty slim.

greenlex
11-11-2011, 07:47 PM
Scout should keep his trap shut - blabbin' transfer targets to the media aint Hibs style. :wink: Anyhoo, we can probably agree that the chances of this guy landing at ER seem pretty slim.

Aye but it's the agent doing the babbing:wink: agree we will not sign him.:agree:

ScottB
11-11-2011, 07:57 PM
Aye but it's the agent doing the babbing:wink: agree we will not sign him.:agree:

They very fact we don't have a manager (and are being linked with one in the same league) makes us a prime club for an agent to 'leak' to the press, since there is no manager to turn around and say 'eh, no we aren't' and the Board are unlikely to bother passing comment on such things.

Cammy
12-11-2011, 11:31 AM
I remember a few years back Jocky Scott was given the green light to sign players despite him only being in temporary charge. I'm sure it was him who signed John Hughes. These things do happen although it's never ideal for the player coming in or a manager taking over.

Don Giovanni
12-11-2011, 12:31 PM
I remember a few years back Jocky Scott was given the green light to sign players despite him only being in temporary charge. I'm sure it was him who signed John Hughes. These things do happen although it's never ideal for the player coming in or a manager taking over. IIRC was it not the case that Jocky was "interim manager"? Think he got 6 or 8 games to show what he could do before he was relieved and replaced by Duff Jimmy.

PatHead
12-11-2011, 12:38 PM
[/U][/B]

Credible source for that quote please :confused:
I can only quote from two players I have spoken with , who signed in the last year.
Both are adamant the first time they met RP was after they had had meetings with the manager and moved on to discuss the wages/terms provisionally agreed by their agent .

Sorry it was a tongue in cheek comment based on "facts" heard about how Hibs do business both on here and from the pub. If you believe everthing you hear Calderwood didn't want O'Conner or Sproule but had these forced on him by that bad man Petrie.

jdships
13-11-2011, 11:20 AM
Sorry it was a tongue in cheek comment based on "facts" heard about how Hibs do business both on here and from the pub. If you believe everthing you hear Calderwood didn't want O'Conner or Sproule but had these forced on him by that bad man Petrie.

No problem and thanks for that.
" I believe " ( great phrase ) that IS was desperate to return and pestered the life out ER hierachy for a contract :greengrin:confused::wink:
Football will always be a " fertile ground" for rumours etc which in many ways keeps us as supporters going ( tongue in cheek also )

R'Albin
24-11-2011, 11:02 AM
Gone to United...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15870836.stm?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter