PDA

View Full Version : NHC Rangers & Hearts Non-Cooperation with the Media

Future17
10-11-2011, 09:30 PM
I know that certain media outlets pay for certain privilleges in Scottish football (i.e. SKY/ESPN bid for the right to show live games).

I also believe that other media outlets (i.e. BBC, STV, newspaper groups etc.) pay for the privillege of reporting on licensed content (i.e. match reports, printing fixtures etc.)

In recent years we've heard a lot about the unequal sharing of finance in Scottish football (i.e. SPL income not being split by 12 even shares).

My question is this - does anyone know whether the SPL have/will take any action against Rangers and Hearts for their respective degrees of lack of co-operation with the media (i.e. will their share of media income be affected)?

blackpoolhibs
10-11-2011, 09:35 PM
I hope not, the less i hear about them the better imo.

darwenhibby
10-11-2011, 10:35 PM
:lol:
i hope not, the less i hear about them the better imo.

kennyh
11-11-2011, 11:18 AM
I heard them say on the radio recently that there is nothing in the BBC's contract about pre and post match interviews. The interviews are generally done out of courtesy to help promote the game. With the current contracts no sanctions can be taken by BBC or the SPL against the Huns or Yams. There was no mention of the SKY/ESPN deal.

poolman
11-11-2011, 11:21 AM
I heard them say on the radio recently that there is nothing in the BBC's contract about pre and post match interviews. The interviews are generally done out of courtesy to help promote the game. With the current contracts no sanctions can be taken by BBC or the SPL against the Huns or Yams. There was no mention of the SKY/ESPN deal.

The longer they stay away from The Bus Shelter the better then :agree: