PDA

View Full Version : Supporter Forum

Baldy Foghorn
10-11-2011, 09:02 PM
Suppoerter Forums discussed at AGM, the first one goes ahead on Saturday 19th at 10.30am......

Has anyone from the message board had an invite?

HibeeMG
10-11-2011, 09:10 PM
Nope, not heard a thing.

Baldy Foghorn
10-11-2011, 09:12 PM
Nope, not heard a thing.

Email communication was sent Today from the club.........

Jonnyboy
10-11-2011, 09:13 PM
Suppoerter Forums discussed at AGM, the first one goes ahead on Saturday 19th at 10.30am......

Got my invite today and responded to say I'll be going. Theme for this one is 'How do you want to engage with the club/how do you want your club to engage with you?'

HibeeMG
10-11-2011, 09:14 PM
Only thing I got today from them was telling me about 3 for 2 at the shop. I normally get e-mails about things like forums. Oh, well.....

Baldy Foghorn
10-11-2011, 09:15 PM
Got my invite today and responded to say I'll be going. Theme for this one is 'How do you want to engage with the club/how do you want your club to engage with you?'

I am going to Jonnyboy, maybe we could get posters on here to give their ideas, and we could feed those ideas back at the forum?

Jonnyboy
10-11-2011, 09:16 PM
I am going to Jonnyboy, maybe we could get posters on here to give their ideas, and we could feed those ideas back at the forum?

Good call aye.

Sensible suggestions please :greengrin

Jack
10-11-2011, 09:18 PM
3 of us so far then :-)

Mikey
10-11-2011, 09:36 PM
I got one. Aint planning on going.

Jonnyboy
10-11-2011, 09:43 PM
I got one. Aint planning on going.

Why not Mikey?

givescotlandfreedom
10-11-2011, 09:48 PM
I'm sure it's been mentioned before but a Facebook group would be good IMO. Could be updated with club news, commercial offers (shop, HTV, hospitality etc), interviews and so on. I get one from a German club and it gets info out you wouldn't know unless you checked the website a few times a day.

BroxburnHibee
10-11-2011, 09:49 PM
First time in ages I've no been invited - maybe they're sick of me :greengrin

Usually these things have a particular theme.

HibeeMG
10-11-2011, 09:50 PM
First time in ages I've no been invited - maybe they're sick of me :greengrin

Usually these things have a particular theme.

We've been dumped!

PETRIE GET IT SORTED!! :brickwall

Mikey
10-11-2011, 09:52 PM
Why not Mikey?

Long story :wink:

Jonnyboy
10-11-2011, 09:53 PM
Long story :wink:

Nods as good as a wink :wink:

oconnors_strip
10-11-2011, 10:00 PM
i got an invite and will be attending

my dad wants to bring up the subject of communicating with the fans who dont use the internet, eg him and the older generation. the only way people were invited to this forum was through filling out an online questionnaire, this discriminates against the people who dont use the net.

Beefster
10-11-2011, 10:10 PM
i got an invite and will be attending

my dad wants to bring up the subject of communicating with the fans who dont use the internet, eg him and the older generation. the only way people were invited to this forum was through filling out an online questionnaire, this discriminates against the people who dont use the net.

While I understand the point, I'd imagine that folk who don't have access to / use the Internet nowadays are a very small minority. Communication is much easier and cheaper via t'Internet and I'm not sure that Hibs should be doubling up their communications (web and mail) to pick up a small section of the support currently being missed.

Unless I'm completely clueless and all the pensioners I know are exceptional with regards to being able to use a computer.....

Baldy Foghorn
10-11-2011, 10:14 PM
While I understand the point, I'd imagine that folk who don't have access to / use the Internet nowadays are a very small minority. Communication is much easier and cheaper via t'Internet and I'm not sure that Hibs should be doubling up their communications (web and mail) to pick up a small section of the support currently being missed.

Unless I'm completely clueless and all the pensioners I know are exceptional with regards to being able to use a computer.....

Not everyone has internet access, and I agree it is a small minority, but there are other avenues of communication that need to be explored.

Things like text messaging, flyers handed out behind goals or in Supporters Association, mail shots etc....

Hibbyradge
10-11-2011, 10:18 PM
I didn't. :-(

RIP
10-11-2011, 10:26 PM
I think it's absolutely essential that we don't go into these forums with a list of problems. It's going to be a far more productive and satisfying session if we construct some viable proposals that the club can deploy within a short to medium timeframe - e.g. this season. But we can't just deposit a list of ideas and expect Hibs to implement them.

Instead, we must be willing to give up more free time working with the club to take these proposals forward. Since the club made redundancies earlier this year they are now operating on a shoestring wage budget with remaining staff working very long hours. If the club are interested in some of our proposals but they need further research and investigation or formal reports and business cases prepared we could set up small working groups to take a specific group of activities forward.

A club whose supporters are active on joint ventures build a closer bond of loyalty than clubs who are remote from the fans. The closer we work with the board and management of our club - the more we will understand of how our club is run. We can then report back through these boards and can take any feedback back to Hibs. We will end up with an informed management, an informed support and a genuine emotional connection and unity to match the passion for Hibernian FC - the club we all love.

Jonnyboy
10-11-2011, 10:29 PM

Conversely, if they are so small in number it wouldn't cost much to post out info to them :greengrin

oconnors_strip
10-11-2011, 10:29 PM

two key words here. my dad is 63 and wouldnt know how to even switch a computer on but does own a mobile phone so a text service would be a good idea.

Not everyone has internet access, and I agree it is a small minority, but there are other avenues of communication that need to be explored.

Things like text messaging, flyers handed out behind goals or in Supporters Association, mail shots etc....

Jonnyboy
10-11-2011, 10:31 PM
I think it's absolutely essential that we don't go into these forums with a list of problems. It's going to be a far more productive and satisfying session if we construct some viable proposals that the club can deploy within a short to medium timeframe - e.g. this season. But we can't just deposit a list of ideas and expect Hibs to implement them.

Instead, we must be willing to give up more free time working with the club to take these proposals forward. Since the club made redundancies earlier this year they are now operating on a shoestring wage budget with remaining staff working very long hours. If the club are interested in some of our proposals but they need further research and investigation or formal reports and business cases prepared we could set up small working groups to take a specific group of activities forward.

A club whose supporters are active on joint ventures build a closer bond of loyalty than clubs who are remote from the fans. The closer we work with the board and management of our club - the more we will understand of how our club is run. We can then report back through these boards and can take any feedback back to Hibs. We will end up with an informed management, an informed support and a genuine emotional connection and unity to match the passion for Hibernian FC - the club we all love.

Agreed. There is a possibility however that even constructive ideas may be perceived by the club as 'problems' due to things like logistics, timescales etc.

By and large though I hope we can come up with some worthy topics for debate

aob4green
11-11-2011, 08:37 AM
I'd ask the board about re-introducing the Category B season ticket. I thought it was a mistake at the time when they ditched it and they have probably lost a fair bit of revenue from this. Most Cat A games dates and ko times are changed to suit TV and that doesn't always suit everyone. Any chance someone going to the forum can bring that up. Thanks.

Beefster
11-11-2011, 09:40 AM
Conversely, if they are so small in number it wouldn't cost much to post out info to them :greengrin

Aha, I had suspected someone would say something like this! It would be a huge undertaking to get every supporter's comms preferences and would be out of date within a month or two in a lot of cases.

two key words here. my dad is 63 and wouldnt know how to even switch a computer on but does own a mobile phone so a text service would be a good idea.

Fair point. As are all BF's suggestions. For some reason, I had a brain fart last night and seemed to think that mail was the only alternative to the Internet.

Billy Whizz
11-11-2011, 10:07 AM

Not been invited.......

How much did Sky pay you then!

Jack
11-11-2011, 10:08 AM
I suppose another way to address this would be for the club to ask, at games, through posters, leaflets announcements that if anyone was interested in becoming involved in the forums to get in touch.

This could be through a web page* that accepts anyone at any time or a contact address where folk like oconnors strip’s dad can write to.