PDA

View Full Version : Sir Alex possibly being consulted

Hakim Sar
10-11-2011, 07:17 PM
Apologies if posted elsewhere. Heard this week we were consulting 'respected figures in the game' (loosely quotational).

A friend of mine shared a flight with Shralek this morning from Manchester to Edinburgh... I wonder if FH and SL have asked for help.

Billy Whizz
10-11-2011, 07:19 PM
Maybe up to be interviewed for the job?

HibeeMG
10-11-2011, 07:19 PM
Apologies if posted elsewhere. Heard this week we were consulting 'respected figures in the game' (loosely quotational).

A friend of mine shared a flight with Shralek this morning from Manchester to Edinburgh... I wonder if FH and SL have asked for help.

They're not going to ask your mate just because he was on the same plane as Sir Alex!! :wink:

darwenhibby
10-11-2011, 07:21 PM

Might want the job himself.

In his book he admits that he should have gone to Hibs in a swap deal for Colin Stein.

Once bitten twice shy Sir Alex.

Granton Stanton
10-11-2011, 07:27 PM
Somehow I think that we would send someone down to see him, hes not going to come up here for our benefit.

Dashing Bob S
10-11-2011, 07:31 PM
Obviously Sharlek is deserting the sinking ship that is Man U, doomed for the foreseeable future to be int shadow of Citeh. But no cast-offs please Rodders, we want genuine Hibs class.

darwenhibby
10-11-2011, 08:13 PM
Obviously Sharlek is deserting the sinking ship that is Man U, doomed for the foreseeable future to be int shadow of Citeh. But no cast-offs please Rodders, we want genuine Hibs class.

Don't get too giddy.

Let the population of Stockport enjoy their moment while they can.

Scouse Hibee
10-11-2011, 08:17 PM

He's probably just come to Scotland early as he's attending the Induction into the Hall of Fame in Glasgow on Sunday night. I'll ask him what he thinks we should look for in a new manager when I see him at the event :greengrin

clerriehibs
10-11-2011, 08:21 PM

Oh dear ... that'll bring the hun bar steward netters out in force!

Love the Green
10-11-2011, 08:34 PM
Don't get too giddy.

Let the population of Stockport enjoy their moment while they can.

Giddy what a cheak you have got..........well top of the league destroyed the wee team from Manchester and you have the cheak to call City fans giddy.When will u*****d people realise City are the real thing and at the moment U*****d are actually very average..and as for the Stockport remark at least that is in greater manchester as apposed to essex.

"keep the faith"
:wink:

blairwallace
10-11-2011, 09:12 PM
are we seriously talking about sir Alex Ferguson coming to hibs? :faf::faf:

Leishy1995
10-11-2011, 09:17 PM
giddy what a cheak you have got..........well top of the league destroyed the wee team from manchester and you have the cheak to call city fans giddy.when will u*****d people realise city are the real thing and at the moment u*****d are actually very average..and as for the stockport remark at least that is in greater manchester as apposed to essex.

"keep the faith"

money money money.

Kato
10-11-2011, 09:20 PM

No.

Can't you read?

Purehibee_MYB
10-11-2011, 09:37 PM

Can't see any reason he wouldn't want to come... it's a step up in my books.

darwenhibby
10-11-2011, 10:08 PM
Giddy what a cheak you have got..........well top of the league destroyed the wee team from Manchester and you have the cheak to call City fans giddy.When will u*****d people realise City are the real thing and at the moment U*****d are actually very average..and as for the Stockport remark at least that is in greater manchester as apposed to essex.

"keep the faith"

Well where do we start....

Top of the League in November wins you nothing come what May

City are the real thing, No Coca Cola is the real thing and is Red.
Pepsi is blue and a mere imitation of the Real thing.

United destroyed, as did Newcastle many moons ago and won zilch, Chelsea did and won Zilch, as Southampton and won erm .....Zilch.

Thanks for pointing out the Essex factor a little further than Stockport as is the worldwide brand of Manchester United not bad for a wee team from Manchester.

As United's support stretches as far as Singapore and the Far East, City's support stretches as far as erm Stockport and the Far East of Droylseden.

There are more City fans in Manchester than United, is it not time they started to fill the "halfemptyad" stadium every home or will they miss the last bus to Stockport during the week.

Enjoying the challenge the Reds will see you off in the medium to long term just like they did with Chelsea, Arsenal and Blackburn.

It would not suprise me if Blackburn's rise to the top in the 90's lasts longer than City's.

As I say don't get giddy:devil:x19

Supraninja
11-11-2011, 12:55 AM
I'm sensing frustration.

magpie1892
11-11-2011, 01:00 AM

United destroyed, as did Newcastle many moons ago and won zilch, Chelsea did and won Zilch, as Southampton and won erm .....Zilch.

Thanks for pointing out the Essex factor a little further than Stockport as is the worldwide brand of Manchester United not bad for a wee team from Manchester.

As United's support stretches as far as Singapore and the Far East, City's support stretches as far as erm Stockport and the Far East of Droylseden.

There are more City fans in Manchester than United, is it not time they started to fill the "halfemptyad" stadium every home or will they miss the last bus to Stockport during the week.

Enjoying the challenge the Reds will see you off in the medium to long term just like they did with Chelsea, Arsenal and Blackburn.

It would not suprise me if Blackburn's rise to the top in the 90's lasts longer than City's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgSPaXgAdzE&ob=av2e

Speedway
11-11-2011, 09:26 AM

:grr: Cheap option.

Exiled Hibby
11-11-2011, 09:51 AM

dont want him - he lost a derby game 6- 1:greengrin

francobaresi
12-11-2011, 01:04 AM
I met the Dalai Lama at Edinburgh Airport once...:wink:

Dashing Bob S
12-11-2011, 01:25 AM

Ay oop, looks like Citeh are touchin t' nerve!

Viva_Palmeiras
12-11-2011, 06:03 AM
I met the Dalai Lama at Edinburgh Airport once...:wink:

I've heard he's a yogic frequent flyer ;)

joe breezy
12-11-2011, 08:02 AM
I wish people would leave their English team bickering off the board.

This is supposed to be a Hibs board.

Some people have a soft spot for Man U, some Liverpool, Leicester, Cardiff and quite a few Newcastle.
They should all be respected to some extent. If you hate Man U or Liverpool or Man City why not go onto a Man U / Man City board to talk about it?

Its good to read updates on English games sometimes but when it descends into gloating and namecalling it's a bit pathetic.

clerriehibs
12-11-2011, 09:49 AM

"keep the faith"

"wee team" ... :rolleyes: Might have been a funny dig once upon a time between rivals, but when it's a ****bo mantra, it's seriously tedious to read it in any context.

Viva_Palmeiras
12-11-2011, 10:16 AM

Some people have a soft spot for Man U, some Liverpool, Leicester, Cardiff and quite a few Newcastle.
They should all be respected to some extent. If you hate Man U or Liverpool or Man City why not go onto a Man U / Man City board to talk about it?

Its good to read updates on English games sometimes but when it descends into gloating and namecalling it's a bit pathetic.

It is tiresome i just tune out. I don't give a stuff about English football or much from a European perspective but each to their own.

Steve-O
13-11-2011, 02:04 AM
Has anyone ever heard of a device called the telephone? When you need advice from someone in a different toon you can use it instead of them having to fly up and see you in person...

joe breezy
13-11-2011, 11:11 AM
Face to face meetings are always better than phone calls though...

Scouse Hibee
13-11-2011, 12:03 PM

Get a grip, it's just a bit of harmless banter between Hibs fans on a Hibs forum FFS!

Hibbyradge
13-11-2011, 12:04 PM
If Hibs want advice from anyone, they would be the ones on the flight.

The idea that Ferguson would take time out to come to a meeting to advise Hibs is ludicrous.

Dashing Bob S
13-11-2011, 01:45 PM
We could really do with his advice, particularly regarding defending at home and maintaining concentration and commitment levels for 90 mins plus stoppage time.

Or could we...