PDA

View Full Version : Time to Fulfil our Potential

Don Giovanni
10-11-2011, 04:32 PM
There is always pressure on any board of directors to appoint the right management team but for Hibs' board the next managerial appointment is huge.
Get it wrong (again) and we could be facing relegation and the dire consequences thereof.

However, should the board get it right we are well placed to reap the benefits of our competitors misfortunes. Hibs have done all the hard (and done it the hard way) paying down the debt, funding our own stadium redevelopment and a fantastic training complex. The infrastructure for the next couple of decades is there, it's time for us to crack on and fulfil our potential.

As Dundee United and particularly Hearts come to terms with their years of paying money they could not afford and Aberdeen fail to address their large debt and desperate need for a new home, Hibernian, with the right manager in charge, should be in a prime position to take advantage.
That isn't to ignore our current position of dwindling crowds/income (with the right appointment both should increase). Good football and good results will bring the fans back. Our playing budget is bigger (much bigger in some cases) than most of the league and whilst the board don't get everything right, I believe they do back their manager in the transfer market as far as they can.

Get the right guy in and it could be good times just around the corner.

GGTTH

edinburghhibee
10-11-2011, 04:34 PM
There is always pressure on any board of directors to appoint the right management team but for Hibs' board the next managerial appointment is huge.
Get it wrong (again) and we could be facing relegation and the dire consequences thereof.

However, should the board get it right we are well placed to reap the benefits of our competitors misfortunes. Hibs have done all the hard (and done it the hard way) paying down the debt, funding our own stadium redevelopment and a fantastic training complex. The infrastructure for the next couple of decades is there, it's time for us to crack on and fulfil our potential.

As Dundee United and particularly Hearts come to terms with their years of paying money they could not afford and Aberdeen fail to address their large debt and desperate need for a new home, Hibernian, with the right manager in charge, should be in a prime position to take advantage.
That isn't to ignore our current position of dwindling crowds/income (with the right appointment both should increase). Good football and good results will bring the fans back. Our playing budget is bigger (much bigger in some cases) than most of the league and whilst the board don't get everything right, I believe they do back their manager in the transfer market as far as they can.

GGTTH

Couldn't agree more but we can only hope!

:flag::hibees:flag:

EuanH78
10-11-2011, 04:42 PM

GGTTH

Agree with this 100% :thumbsup:

Hibbyradge
10-11-2011, 04:51 PM

These are great points and the folk who blindly criticise RP and the board should think about their significance.

Hearts have crushing debt and need a new ground. How much more success have they really had than us?

Aberdeen have debt and need a new ground. They've had no success.

Even Rangers are in serious trouble and no-one else has any money.

But we're in great nick. With the right manager and a little bit of luck, serious good times could be ahead.

The_Famous_HFC
10-11-2011, 04:58 PM
Forgetting that the club lost almost 1 million last year? And with crowds of 8-11k as well as having to pay off 300K to CC with nothing to sell. It doesn't look like such a great financial place to be...

HibbyAndy
10-11-2011, 04:59 PM
These are great points and the folk who blindly criticise RP and the board should think about their significance.

Hearts have crushing debt and need a new ground. How much more success have they really had than us?

Aberdeen have debt and need a new ground. They've had no success.

Even Rangers are in serious trouble and no-one else has any money.

But we're in great nick. With the right manager and a little bit of luck, serious good times could be ahead.

6 Million in debt is it not?

bingo70
10-11-2011, 05:06 PM
Op is spot on, that's why I find the desire from some to get some dour spl experienced manager that'll probably stop the rutt for a few months but offer nothing more long term totally depressing.

The foundations have been laid so with an ambitious exciting manager that captures the imagination of the public we could be on the crest of a good future

Jack
10-11-2011, 05:10 PM
There is always pressure on any board of directors to appoint the right management team but for Hibs' board the next managerial appointment is huge.Get it wrong (again) and we could be facing relegation and the dire consequences thereof.However, should the board get it right we are well placed to reap the benefits of our competitors misfortunes. Hibs have done all the hard (and done it the hard way) paying down the debt, funding our own stadium redevelopment and a fantastic training complex. The infrastructure for the next couple of decades is there, it's time for us to crack on and fulfil our potential.As Dundee United and particularly Hearts come to terms with their years of paying money they could not afford and Aberdeen fail to address their large debt and desperate need for a new home, Hibernian, with the right manager in charge, should be in a prime position to take advantage.That isn't to ignore our current position of dwindling crowds/income (with the right appointment both should increase). Good football and good results will bring the fans back. Our playing budget is bigger (much bigger in some cases) than most of the league and whilst the board don't get everything right, I believe they do back their manager in the transfer market as far as they can. Get the right guy in and it could be good times just around the corner.GGTTH .I'm sure I wrote that about a year ago ;-).The whole club from the cleaners to STF, every man woman and child among the support depend on the right manager for everything Hibs..I've never been one to advocate overspending on players but would welcome overspending on the right manager.

blackpoolhibs
10-11-2011, 05:17 PM
.I'm sure I wrote that about a year ago ;-).The whole club from the cleaners to STF, every man woman and child among the support depend on the right manager for everything Hibs..I've never been one to advocate overspending on players but would welcome overspending on the right manager.

I did too, as did others. What went wrong?????????????

Jack
10-11-2011, 05:56 PM
I did too, as did others. What went wrong????????????? Maybe we have been drawn into a parallel dotnet universe t t t time warp!

Captain Trips
10-11-2011, 05:59 PM
Maybe we have been drawn into a parallel dotnet universe t t t time warp!

Anyone got a Flux capaciter and a De Lorean.

Don Giovanni
10-11-2011, 06:42 PM
6 Million in debt is it not? Yep. Down from a high of what...? About £16million 10years ago? (I cannae mind the exact figures / time frame). Most of the current debt is a mortgage on our major asset, the stadium, is it not? And I doubt you're suggesting we should have paid off said debt at the expense of the team? :wink: (Christ, whit state would we be in then!?) Meanwhile, our direct competitors have racked up astonishing, crippling debts for little success and nothing tangible to show for it. Our financial footing and solid infrastructure should now be a springboard for footballing success. The point is the Hibs manager job is an absolutely fantastic opportunity for the right candidate. The time is ripe for building on our off field performance and getting a successful side on the park. It just needs the right footballing leadership to get us there. GGTTH

jacomo
11-11-2011, 12:37 PM
Op is spot on, that's why I find the desire from some to get some dour spl experienced manager that'll probably stop the rutt for a few months but offer nothing more long term totally depressing.

The foundations have been laid so with an ambitious exciting manager that captures the imagination of the public we could be on the crest of a good future

Agreed. The chance to dream (and, more likely than not, end in glorious failure) is part of the DNA of this club. We need a manager with sky-high ambition.

Some seasoned SPL schemer might well be the more rational choice but it isn't enough. Jim Jefferies, for one, would be another Bobby Williamson at best.

Melvin Hibs
11-11-2011, 12:46 PM
Agreed. The chance to dream (and, more likely than not, end in glorious failure) is part of the DNA of this club. We need a manager with sky-high ambition.

Some seasoned SPL schemer might well be the more rational choice but it isn't enough. Jim Jefferies, for one, would be another Bobby Williamson at best.
:top marks