PDA

View Full Version : How would you feel if Franck Sauzee became manager of HoMFC?

Hibbyradge
09-11-2011, 10:58 PM
Or Pat Stanton for that matter.

That's the same as suggesting Jim Jefferies for the Hibs job.

Utterly ludicrous.

IWasThere2016
09-11-2011, 11:06 PM
Yup - boaktastic!

LeithBoozy
09-11-2011, 11:21 PM
I hope Admin have been on the ball and have been keeping a list, with all the names of the posters who have suggested Jim Jefferies stepping in at ER. Come the revolution they will be sorry.:wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink:

Baldy Foghorn
09-11-2011, 11:24 PM

Utterly ludicrous.

Would be horrid to see a Hibs man at the piggery, just as horrid as seeing a hearts man at Easter Road, this just cannot happen.....

iwasthere1972
09-11-2011, 11:30 PM

Utterly ludicrous.

Don't panic because they would have to eat themselves through a lorry load of meat pies first and have a make under.

Just the thought of it.

Sir David Gray
09-11-2011, 11:38 PM
That scenario is a reason for Hearts fans not to want Jefferies to come to Hibs, not for us Hibs fans.

I'm quite sure that if Franck Sauzee was a proven manager with a decent track record then a fair number of Hearts fans would support his appointment at Tynecastle. It wouldn't be nice for us to see an ex-player, who gave so much to Hibs during his time at the club, end up as manager across the city, in the same way that it wouldn't be nice for most Hearts fans to see Jim Jefferies at Easter Road. But for the fans of the club that the manager is going to, I don't see why they would have so much of an issue with this and in the unlikely event that Jim Jefferies does end up as our next manager, if he had a good start and we won the next derby at New Year under him then his background would largely be forgiven.

Hibbyradge
09-11-2011, 11:43 PM
That scenario is a reason for Hearts fans not to want Jefferies to come to Hibs, not for us Hibs fans.

I'm quite sure that if Franck Sauzee was a proven manager with a decent track record then a fair number of Hearts fans would support his appointment at Tynecastle. It wouldn't be nice for us to see an ex-player, who gave so much to Hibs during his time at the club, end up as manager across the city, in the same way that it wouldn't be nice for most Hearts fans to see Jim Jefferies at Easter Road. But for the fans of the club that the manager is going to, I don't see why they would have so much of an issue with this and in the unlikely event that Jim Jefferies does end up as our next manager, if he had a good start and we won the next derby at New Year under him then his background would largely be forgiven.

Not a chance.

Alex Miller won us a cup just after we had defied the odds and stayed in business yet I still heard people angry at his RFC heritage.

wazoo1875
09-11-2011, 11:48 PM
Would be horrid to see a Hibs man at the piggery, just as horrid as seeing a hearts man at Easter Road, this just cannot happen..... This

snooky
10-11-2011, 12:27 AM
How would you feel if Franck Sauzee became manager of HoMFC?

Utterly ludicrous.

........... or Willie Ormond? :wink:

Hibercelona
10-11-2011, 12:33 AM

Utterly ludicrous.

Its not just the fact that he's a Hearts man through and through, its the fact that he got sacked by Hearts for a poor run of form.

What would it say about our ambitions if we were to employ him?

I can't believe most fans seem to be alright with the idea of him coming to Hibs. As you say, its utterly ludicrous.

The Voice Of Reason
10-11-2011, 10:13 AM
Or Pat Stanton for that matter.That's the same as suggesting Jim Jefferies for the Hibs job.

Utterly ludicrous.

Pat Stanton himself wants Jim Jeffries to be manager of Hibs !

I also know for a fact that Jimmy O'Rourke would love Jeffries to be our next manager !

:aok:

Beefster
10-11-2011, 10:15 AM

Utterly ludicrous.

So....we shouldn't appoint Jefferies because it will hurt/upset the Yams? That's the logic you've used.

Spike Mandela
10-11-2011, 10:18 AM
Willie Ormond did it but the closer comparison to Jeffries becoming Hibs manager would have been eddie Turnbull becoming Hearts manager. Could you imagine:rolleyes:

The Voice Of Reason
10-11-2011, 10:23 AM

:top marks

Prepare to be accused of being a Yam !!!!! (Don't let the "mass hysteria brigade" get you down mate !)

The bit in bold - I know some Yams who are absoloutely dreading that ! I would love for that to happen!!!:agree:

Hibbyradge
10-11-2011, 10:24 AM
So....we shouldn't appoint Jefferies because it will hurt/upset the Yams? That's the logic you've used.

That's not my point, but you can interpret it any way you choose.

Hibbyradge
10-11-2011, 10:26 AM
:top marks

Prepare to be accused of being a Yam !!!!! (Don't let the "mass hysteria brigade" get you down mate !)

The bit in bold - I know some Yams who are absoloutely dreading that ! I would love for that to happen!!!:agree:

That's as bad a reason for wanting a manager as is possible!

happiehibbie
10-11-2011, 10:33 AM
You all need to understand these guys are profesional people who need to make ends meet if you work for a company for 10 yrs then you move to another what do you think oh more money better conditions

people get the sack everyday and would welcome the chance to get a job with any club I dont care if RP picks the team all i care about is winning being entertained and enjoying the hibs AGAIN

LETS GET THE RIGHT GUY not who they PLAYED FOR OR MANAGED

basehibby
10-11-2011, 10:33 AM
Pat Stanton himself wants Jim Jeffries to be manager of Hibs !

I also know for a fact that Jimmy O'Rourke would love Jeffries to be our next manager !

:aok:

I'm in the M'ON camp, but I have a lot of respect for JJ's achievements and can well understand why Stanton and O'Rourke see him as the answer.

The OP needs to remember that unlike Stanton or Sauzee, Jeffries is a manager with 20 odd years of experience behind him at SPL level - the vast majority of which has been successful. And if you doubt his motivation then consider the fact that he has just been given the heave ho by Romanov and would no doubt absolutely LOVE to give him a big GERRITRIGHTF'INUPYE in the shape of derby defeats from an improved Hibs under his tutelage.

My only concern re Jeffries is that he would undoubtedly split the support and, given the nature of Hibs' current predicament whereby an experienced hand on the tiller would be no bad thing, that's the only thing which is keeping O'Neill clearly ahead of him in the desireability stakes for me.

alexedwards
10-11-2011, 10:35 AM

Utterly ludicrous.

After Sauzee's record as a Manager?

The Voice Of Reason
10-11-2011, 10:46 AM
That's as bad a reason for wanting a manager as is possible!

I simply want a winning Hibs team (and a team that can beat Hearts on a "fair share" basis).

I think that Jeffries and Brown can deliver that - an added bonus is that it would REALLY p*ss the Yams off.

What are your thoughts on Pat Stanton himself wanting Jeffries to get the job ??? Remember that as well as being a Hibs Legend Pat is also one of us - a Hibs fan himself. :agree:

johnrebus
10-11-2011, 10:47 AM
Without having to tax my brain very hard, I can think of three reasons for not wanting FJK at Easter Road.

1. He bleeds Hearts.

2. He is a very average manager who has been sacked - or was about to be sacked - at nearly every club he has been at.

3. His brand of football is of the long ball, kick and rush variety.

Am also becoming convinced that, with the BBC openly touting him for the job, that the corporation has serious issues with the Hibernian support.

:sick:

Stevie Reid
10-11-2011, 11:15 AM
During his first spell at Hearts I felt nothing but shear hatred towards Jefferies (wasn't that big a fan second time round either, obviously). Despite this, I can see that he has a good track record as an SPL manager and I personally wouldn't have a problem with him being Hibs boss - however, even without looking at the reaction of some on this board, I know that his appointment would upset a huge percentage of our already fractured support, and for that reason, is a complete no-no.

I would also struggle to understand why JJ would ruin his status as a Hearts legend on the huge risk that becoming manager at ER would be - he would be given no time to gets things right, and what levels of success would he have to achieve in order to be accepted by the Hibs support? It would just end up with him being hated by both sets of supporters.

Given the levels of abuse that good Hibs men like JC, Mixu and Yogi have had on this board, JJ wouldn't stand a chance.

bawheid
10-11-2011, 11:30 AM
I simply want a winning Hibs team (and a team that can beat Hearts on a "fair share" basis).

I think that Jeffries and Brown can deliver that - an added bonus is that it would REALLY p*ss the Yams off.

What are your thoughts on Pat Stanton himself wanting Jeffries to get the job ??? Remember that as well as being a Hibs Legend Pat is also one of us - a Hibs fan himself. :agree:

Nonsense. The man has a track record of being trounced by Hibernian Football Club as both player and manager. What makes you think he can deliver success on a fair share basis?

On this subject, Pat Stanton is talking rubbish.

It wouldn't piss the yams off at all. They'd be pishing themselves at us for getting into bed with one of their fat old legends that they've sacked twice.

heretoday
10-11-2011, 11:41 AM
I'd loov it if Sauzee became manager of Hearts because they would be in the 3rd division in no time at all!

The Voice Of Reason
10-11-2011, 11:46 AM
Nonsense. The man has a track record of being trounced by Hibernian Football Club as both player and manager. What makes you think he can deliver success on a fair share basis?

On this subject, Pat Stanton is talking rubbish.

It wouldn't piss the yams off at all. They'd be pishing themselves at us for getting into bed with one of their fat old legends that they've sacked twice.

You must be speaking to different Yams than me then !

Keith_M
10-11-2011, 11:48 AM
Sauzee to Hearts would suit me fine. Statistically Hibs worst ever manager.

bawheid
10-11-2011, 11:51 AM
You must be speaking to different Yams than me then !

I try to avoid coming into any contact. :jamboak:

The last thing I want to see is one of their fatter versions standing in the home dugout at Easter Road.

DCI Gene Hunt
10-11-2011, 12:16 PM
The original poster asks how we would feel if, for example, Le God became Fertz manager.

Personally I couldn't care less as I'm enough of an adult for these things not to matter. Much more important things to worry about/get angry about in life than if an ex-Hibs player crossed the city. Big deal? IMO Le God was a legend (as a player) :sauzee:. Let's say he went to Fertz. Would I still be completely unable to stand Fertz? Yes, nothing will change that. Would I still think Le God was a legend? Yes. Would I think anything less of him? No. I couldn't care less and the same goes for any other Hibs player or manager. What is this, Celtc and Gerz? Honestly get a grip.

Should we go after FJK? Hmm. The one thing he does have that Hibs desperately need in our next manager is experience. Would he take the job? Questionable. Would he be able to win over the fans? Very questionable.

Personally I wouldn't care who it was as long as we started getting results, but others need convincing.

Gene

hibiedude
10-11-2011, 12:28 PM
I want success at Hibs and I don't give a toss who they give the job too as long as they are successful that should be our priority.

If Sauzee ever went to Hearts I would wish him all the best at the end of the day Hibs sacked him

KeithTheHibby
10-11-2011, 01:50 PM

Utterly ludicrous.

Sauzee and Stanton were rubbish managers whereas Jeffries is not therefore it is not a fair comparison.

joe breezy
10-11-2011, 03:05 PM
If I was a Hearts fan I'd love it if Sauzee became manager...so the statement doesn't make any sense

It would be bad for Hearts fans if Jeffries became manager, not Hibs fans, unless he was terrible...

Willie Ormond was Hearts manager and did okay...

By the way, I don't want Jeffries really, I just want the best manager for Hibs but I don't care if they have Hearts connections...I do hate Gary McKay though in every way (not that he'll be applying)

Hibbyradge
10-11-2011, 03:08 PM
If I was a Hearts fan I'd love it if Sauzee became manager...so the statement doesn't make any sense

It would be bad for Hearts fans if Jeffries became manager, not Hibs fans, unless he was terrible...

Willie Ormond was Hearts manager and did okay...

By the way, I don't want Jeffries really, I just want the best manager for Hibs but I don't care if they have Hearts connections...I do hate Gary McKay though in every way (not that he'll be applying)

If Gary McKay had decent managerial credentials, would you accept him in the Hibs job?

HKhibby
10-11-2011, 05:12 PM
Are Hibs and Hearts in Edinburgh or Glasgow?, you would think it is the old firm the way some are going on about Jeffries and co!!, if you can remember back some years, well some people over a certain age etc.., think of the different players and managers that have either played or managed at both Edinburgh clubs!, and no i dont like Hearts one bit! and love when they get beaten by anyone! not just us! but here goes....just a quicl list of who i can think of top of my head in recent years as well as from years gone bye!....Willie Ormand, , played with Hibs, managed both!, Ralph Callaghan, played with both!, Paul Hartley, played with both, Andy Watson played with both! and coach/assistant manager with Hibs!, Darren Jackson, played with both!, wasnt Callum Booth on their books?, no it may not be the same as JJ! and yes he is a jambo! we all know that, but at least give him a chance, thats if he even stood a chance of getting the job!, i know id rather have him with scottish football/spl credentials than some of the names touted about!, not personally my first choice, but if it came to it i would except it and give him a chance! he certainly wouldnt relegate us!

HibbyAndy
10-11-2011, 05:16 PM
Are Hibs and Hearts in Edinburgh or Glasgow?, you would think it is the old firm the way some are going on about Jeffries and co!!, if you can remember back some years, well some people over a certain age etc.., think of the different players and managers that have either played or managed at both Edinburgh clubs!, and no i dont like Hearts one bit! and love when they get beaten by anyone! not just us! but here goes....just a quicl list of who i can think of top of my head in recent years as well as from years gone bye!....Willie Ormand, , played with Hibs, managed both!, Ralph Callaghan, played with both!, Paul Hartley, played with both, Andy Watson played with both! and coach/assistant manager with Hibs!, Darren Jackson, played with both!, wasnt Callum Booth on their books?, no it may not be the same as JJ! and yes he is a jambo! we all know that, but at least give him a chance, thats if he even stood a chance of getting the job!, i know id rather have him with scottish football/spl credentials than some of the names touted about!, not personally my first choice, but if it came to it i would except it and give him a chance! he certainly wouldnt relegate us!

Ken what ill always remember about Franck Sauzee??? Having never lost ONE game against the Smelly pink trampy vermin going bust shortly sweaty crumbling stadium ersehole fans as a player OR manager :smug: :smug:

Dont Hearts fans just love King Sauzee :wink:

Baldy Foghorn
10-11-2011, 08:58 PM
Ken what ill always remember about Franck Sauzee??? Having never lost ONE game against the Smelly pink trampy vermin going bust shortly sweaty crumbling stadium ersehole fans as a player OR manager :smug: :smug:

Dont Hearts fans just love King Sauzee :wink:

:agree::agree::top marks

joe breezy
10-11-2011, 09:33 PM
If Gary McKay had decent managerial credentials, would you accept him in the Hibs job?

No because I know he's a total **** as is his brother. A pair of absolute tits who went to the same school as me.