PDA

View Full Version : Ach well looks Like CC & birmingham made a fool of you RP

AlbertK86
09-11-2011, 08:53 PM
Daily Record Article

Sacked Hibs boss Colin Calderwood set for Birmingham No.2 job Nov 9 2011 (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/england/2011/11/09/) By Greig Thomas
COLIN CALDERWOOD is poised to be appointed Birmingham's assistant manager once he has finalised a severance package with Hibs.
Brum boss Chris Hughton has got the green light to bring in Calderwood, his assistant at Newcastle, as his No.2 at St Andrews.
Hughton tried to lure Calderwood to Birmingham during the summer but City had a compensation offer of around £400,000 rejected by Hibs.
City did appoint Paul Trollope as Birmingham's first-team coach but Hughton deliberately kept open the post of assistant manager.
Caldo and Hughton formed a successful partnership at St James' Park, winning the Championship title in May 2010.

So looks like Birmingham will get their man without paying the compo they offered in the summer. Hughton and CC will be laughing their *ocks off at us

Financial genius right enough

Billie Jo
09-11-2011, 08:55 PM
Should have been sacked in the summer, ****in useless twat

AlbertK86
09-11-2011, 08:58 PM
Should have been sacked in the summer, ****in useless twat

Naw we should have taken the compo in the summer....... unless you are talking about He Who Must Be Obeyed ...then you are spot on

Billie Jo
09-11-2011, 09:07 PM
Naw we should have taken the compo in the summer....... unless you are talking about He Who Must Be Obeyed ...then you are spot on

Aye we should have, after aw the sweety **** and his lack of commitment to us, he should have been punted then:wink:

lucky
09-11-2011, 09:15 PM
At the AGM it was stated that it was Nottingham Forrest that offered compo for CC and it was less than Hibs paid Newcastle for him. So it appears Brum did not offer anything for him as such its a crock of ****. Why would you believe the Record over the Hibs board. Im sure its not lawful for the board to lie to shareholders

TrickyNicky
09-11-2011, 09:19 PM
Daily Record Article

Sacked Hibs boss Colin Calderwood set for Birmingham No.2 job Nov 9 2011 (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/england/2011/11/09/) By Greig Thomas
COLIN CALDERWOOD is poised to be appointed Birmingham's assistant manager once he has finalised a severance package with Hibs.
Brum boss Chris Hughton has got the green light to bring in Calderwood, his assistant at Newcastle, as his No.2 at St Andrews.
Hughton tried to lure Calderwood to Birmingham during the summer but City had a compensation offer of around £400,000 rejected by Hibs.
City did appoint Paul Trollope as Birmingham's first-team coach but Hughton deliberately kept open the post of assistant manager.
Caldo and Hughton formed a successful partnership at St James' Park, winning the Championship title in May 2010.

So looks like Birmingham will get their man without paying the compo they offered in the summer. Hughton and CC will be laughing their *ocks off at us

I don't think RP was made a fool of, I think CC should be charged with crimes against football and banned.

The man should face charges from FIFA and have his badges revoked - he was backed 100% by his employer, worked his ticket and has probably taken compensation for his dismissal and will go straight into employment as has been his plan for some time, Hughton will be aware of this as would Birmingham and they should be taken to task on this, it is this kind of behavior in football that brings the game into disrepute.

It feels like we have all been taken for a ride, CC could have paid the difference in what the club thought he was worth out of his own pocket and recouped it back when negotiating his salary with Birmingham, he would also have to factor in a price on his and his families happiness - it appears he did not and we have been dealing with a criminal.

He has left a club in a mess, will benefit financially and has no legal responsibility for the carnage left in his wake, a sad day for all football fans if this is true.

Matty_Jack04
09-11-2011, 09:20 PM
At the AGM it was stated that it was Nottingham Forrest that offered compo for CC and it was less than Hibs paid Newcastle for him. So it appears Brum did not offer anything for him as such its a crock of ****. Why would you believe the Record over the Hibs board. Im sure its not lawful for the board to lie to shareholders

It's probably because the record has such a good track record of promoting all things hibs and never intentionally rocking the boat.

Or some folk will do just about anything to bypass all the good things RP has done for the club and focus solely on getting the man the sack

Embarrassing and childlike IMO

Geo_1875
09-11-2011, 09:21 PM
Surely if he walks into another job his settlement from Hibs will be very little. Might get enough to buy a bag of sweets.

Cropley10
09-11-2011, 09:21 PM
Daily Record Article

Hindsight is a wonderful thing

iwasthere1972
09-11-2011, 09:22 PM
The fact that Birmingham kept the post open says it all. Nice and convenient for both Birmingham and Calderwood.

Should have pulled out all the stops to get rid of him in the summer and take the big bag of loot to the bank.

This has the same smell as the Pakistan cricket match fixing.

Aubenas
09-11-2011, 09:22 PM
At the AGM, the information given was: Notts Forest offered us less than we had paid Newcastle for him, and CC's agent said to RP that they wouldn't consider the Birmingham offer as it wasn't right for him given what was going on at the club, ie Birmingham, their owner etc

Cropley10
09-11-2011, 09:23 PM
I don't think RP was made a fool of, I think CC should be charged with crimes against football and banned.

The man should face charges from FIFA and have his badges revoked - he was backed 100% by his employer, worked his ticket and has probably taken compensation for his dismissal and will go straight into employment as has been his plan for some time, Hughton will be aware of this as would Birmingham and they should be taken to task on this, it is this kind of behavior in football that brings the game into disrepute.

It feels like we have all been taken for a ride, CC could have paid the difference in what the club thought he was worth out of his own pocket and recouped it back when negotiating his salary with Birmingham, he would also have to factor in a price on his and his families happiness - it appears he did not and we have been dealing with a criminal.

He has left a club in a mess, will benefit financially and has no legal responsibility for the carnage left in his wake, a sad day for all football fans if this is true.

Well said.

AlbertK86
09-11-2011, 09:27 PM

Maybe because Petrie does everything to protect himself... as can be seen when he was about to get a roasting at the last 2 AGMs.... wouldnae know the truth if it smacked him in the mouth

Bostonhibby
09-11-2011, 09:28 PM
Suspect Hughton had an understanding with his friend that centred around how long they thought they would reasonably have to wait until Calderwood got emptied by Hibs, to a great extent that was something Calderwood could influence so why give Hibs a big offer for him?

Never liked Birmingham as a club so another reason to hope they don't go up - Calderwood won't be missed, pity we never got a few quid by way of off setting the next expensive spin of the managerial merry go round / clear out etc............

Captain Trips
10-11-2011, 07:33 AM

Not really, they had already seen what he was like as a manager at Hibs for the previous 7 months, and although that was not a long time it was a pretty good indicator on his ability, I certainly along with a fair few others thought he wasnt up for job at time and felt any sort of money for him is better than 1yr on and sacking him.

The board then must have felt he was going to turn it it appears they were wrong, now even if Forest offered £10 it is £10 more than we will get now and will actually be out of pocket. The CC appointment was terrible and to not see the guy wasnt working out in summer was just another error, not only did they keep a bad manager they turned down money to do so.

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me is what I would say on CC. I do not understand how STF can be blowing smoke up RPs backside after this and 2 previous managers getting sacked, the buck is stopping with manager all the time and yeah it is their fault but not every season for 4/5 years, you cannot employ 3 managers and sack them all relativly quickly without being at fault somewhere surely.

DaveF
10-11-2011, 07:50 AM

Spot on.

If this comes to pass, then Colin Calderwood clearly has no shame and is a fraud.

Captain Trips
10-11-2011, 08:07 AM
Spot on.

If this comes to pass, then Colin Calderwood clearly has no shame and is a fraud.

This is not just the fault of CC, On day 1 you bring in CC and at that point nobody knows if it is going to work so fair enough we get on and try. Season is done and it ended up pretty bad with no real progress however somebody wants CC we reject that I assume based on they think he is right man still, 4 months later he is gone.

What is alarming is ok to first pick him is a gamble as you never know, to think after 7months of what was on display he was right is a worry big time, they thought this guy was going to be ok and it proved to be wrong and these folk are to pick the next nanager, they cant even make the right choices even with a manager already here for months.

Iain G
10-11-2011, 08:07 AM
The board did the right thing in keeping CC in the summer, at the time it would have been suicide to change manager again so soon before the start of the season. Alas it hasn't worked out for Hibs or CC but I, and I suspect quite a few others, were happy for Hibs to play hardball for the good of the club and provide stability going into the new season with CC's own team.

As has been said, hindsight is a wonderful thing isn't it :agree:

Saorsa
10-11-2011, 08:09 AM
The board did the right thing in keeping CC in the summer, at the time it would have been suicide to change manager again so soon before the start of the season. Alas it hasn't worked out for Hibs or CC but I, and I suspect quite a few others, were happy for Hibs to play hardball for the good of the club and provide stability going into the new season with CC's own team.

As has been said, hindsight is a wonderful thing isn't it :agree:That's a matter of opinion.

Captain Trips
10-11-2011, 08:10 AM

Yes but every error we all make in life we can look back on in hindsight it doesnt make it ok, the summer was a massive mistake regardless of hindsight. If you want to use hindisght then your first sentence is void.

Suicide is not taking the money, now Hibs lose out on money to help assist perhaps getting a manager and now any costs have to come directly from club as a pose to monies given by Forest, its a disaster, I would maybe go with hindsight if CC was doing well and nobody wanted him to go, lots of people seen he wasn't right and his results showed that, unfortunatly the folk in charge never saw it.

nortonhibby
10-11-2011, 08:13 AM

He who must be obeyed was holding out for 500k as it turns out the financail genius cost us 400k compo plus the costs to pay up his contract probably another 200k.

So he takes no salary this year good but whats this about Dividend payouts and interest free loans mr RP ???????

hibsbollah
10-11-2011, 08:16 AM
The board did the right thing in keeping CC in the summer, at the time it would have been suicide to change manager again so soon before the start of the season. Alas it hasn't worked out for Hibs or CC but I, and I suspect quite a few others, were happy for Hibs to play hardball for the good of the club and provide stability going into the new season with CC's own team.As has been said, hindsight is a wonderful thing isn't it :agree: Exactly. The decision has been shown to be the wrong one. Petrie has said as much.

Big Ed
10-11-2011, 08:32 AM
I wouldn’t take this as gospel; but what I have been led to believe is that Hibs did not pay compensation for Yogi’s contract being terminated; rather they just kept paying him until either (a) he got another job or (b) the length of (his original) contract came to an end.
If that is the case, I would imagine that they would have come to the same arrangement with Calderwood. If he does take the Birmingham job, he might be saving us a few quid.

Caversham Green
10-11-2011, 08:36 AM
He who must be obeyed was holding out for 500k as it turns out the financail genius cost us 400k compo plus the costs to pay up his contract probably another 200k.

So he takes no salary this year good but whats this about Dividend payouts and interest free loans mr RP ???????

But you told us as FACT from your contact that the offer was £300k and it was from NFFC.....oh no i mean BCFC. :taxi for your contact. (I used to like that smilie until you turned up). Something I have been led to believe (from the Birmingham side) is that their intial budget was half what the Record claims but the offer was never actually made.

RP has never received dividends or interest free loans from his employment at Hibernian FC - that is a verifiable FACT.

Caversham Green
10-11-2011, 08:40 AM
I wouldn’t take this as gospel; but what I have been led to believe is that Hibs did not pay compensation for Yogi’s contract being terminated; rather they just kept paying him until either (a) he got another job or (b) the length of (his original) contract came to an end.
If that is the case, I would imagine that they would have come to the same arrangement with Calderwood. If he does take the Birmingham job, he might be saving us a few quid.

That was rumoured to be the case, but I think it was quashed at the AGM. The legal position is that the severance pay is to compensate for lost earnings, so if CC immediately gets a job with equal or higher pay the compo will be very low.

Beefster
10-11-2011, 08:45 AM
We should be delighted that it looks like this will happen. It'll save Hibs a bundle.

Iain G
10-11-2011, 08:50 AM
Yes but every error we all make in life we can look back on in hindsight it doesnt make it ok, the summer was a massive mistake regardless of hindsight. If you want to use hindisght then your first sentence is void.

Suicide is not taking the money, now Hibs lose out on money to help assist perhaps getting a manager and now any costs have to come directly from club as a pose to monies given by Forest, its a disaster, I would maybe go with hindsight if CC was doing well and nobody wanted him to go, lots of people seen he wasn't right and his results showed that, unfortunatly the folk in charge never saw it.

God could you have imagined it on here if we had got rid of him 2 weeks prior to the season starting with only O'Connor, Sproule and O'Hanlon signed up, this place would have it meltdown...

HFC 0-7
10-11-2011, 08:50 AM

I thought they said the NF offered less than what we did to Newcastle, as far as I was aware they didnt say that Birmingham hadnt put in a bid. I thought it was careful wording at the time.

Ray_
10-11-2011, 08:51 AM

Well this site is overwhelmed with people with hindsight, as it was apparent most wanted him gone in the summer, although, in this particular case, I'd have thought good sense was a better description than hindsight.

HFC 0-7
10-11-2011, 08:51 AM
God could you have imagined it on here if we had got rid of him 2 weeks prior to the season starting with only O'Connor, Sproule and O'Hanlon signed up, this place would have it meltdown...

To be fair there was a fair amount of people saying he should go when he didnt commit to Hibs so I dont think this place would have been in meltdown.

Liberal Hibby
10-11-2011, 08:53 AM
I think this makes it clear that Hibs don't always go for the 'cheap option' as some on here so often try to remind us.

Iain G
10-11-2011, 08:54 AM
To be fair there was a fair amount of people saying he should go when he didnt commit to Hibs so I dont think this place would have been in meltdown.

I dunno, any excuse for some to start Petrie bashing at the drop of a hat :greengrin

Ray_
10-11-2011, 08:54 AM

Haven't you noticed? It has been on meltdown for most of the summer and beyond, as we found ourselves with yet another poor appointment.

Iain G
10-11-2011, 08:55 AM
Haven't you noticed? It has been on meltdown for most of the summer and beyond, as we found ourselves with yet another poor appointment.

Nah I've put all the miserable buggers on my ignore list, it's actually quite quiet on here these days for me :wink: :greengrin

Ray_
10-11-2011, 08:57 AM
Nah I've put all the miserable buggers on my ignore list, it's actually quite quiet on here these days for me :wink: :greengrin

I would think recently it has been quite lonely as well, with little more than Falcon & Albion Hibs to keep you company :greengrin

Iain G
10-11-2011, 09:00 AM
I would think recently it has been quite lonely as well, with little more than Falcon & Albion Hibs to keep you company :greengrin

Nah Colin Calderwood has been on, he's a hoot! :greengrin

Aldo
10-11-2011, 09:09 AM
Hibs don't always go for the cheap option and over the last few days I have seen, read and listened to many a folk... On here, the radio and media etc slating RP for getting it wrong.... He has put his hands up and stated that it was the wrong appointment... Sorry but that takes a lot of balls to do a thing like that.

Yes he us partly to blame but heay what about CC. He sold himself to Hibs and was apparently the man they wanted.

In all walks of life there are folk that can talk a good game but when it comes to doing the job in hand they find themselves well out if their depths. Step forward CC.

He us gone that's another chapter written and it's time to move on. I really do hope that the Board get someone in who can change our fortunes ... O and FWIW let's not expect a mass flurry of money being spent on players.... I am sure come Han the new man will have a budget let's hope he can find a few half decent guys with a but if fight and leadership.

Behind the club 100% like I always gave been. Might not if always been a happy bunny but I think this season is a right off (yes already) main. Aim is to stay up and anything else is a bonus.

Rant over

GG

Aldo
10-11-2011, 09:12 AM
Hibs don't always go for the cheap option and over the last few days I have seen, read and listened to many a folk... On here, the radio and media etc slating RP for getting it wrong.... He has put his hands up and stated that it was the wrong appointment... Sorry but that takes a lot of balls to do a thing like that.

Yes he us partly to blame but heay what about CC. He sold himself to Hibs and was apparently the man they wanted.

In all walks of life there are folk that can talk a good game but when it comes to doing the job in hand they find themselves well out if their depths. Step forward CC.

He us gone that's another chapter written and it's time to move on. I really do hope that the Board get someone in who can change our fortunes ... O and FWIW let's not expect a mass flurry of money being spent on players.... I am sure come Han the new man will have a budget let's hope he can find a few half decent guys with a but if fight and leadership.

Behind the club 100% like I always gave been. Might not if always been a happy bunny but I think this season is a right off (yes already) main. Aim is to stay up and anything else is a bonus.

Rant over

GG

Forgot to add for me CC time was up a long time ago when hd didn't stand up and say he was commited to the club when there was interest from other clubs.

Septimus
10-11-2011, 09:38 AM
It will be interesting to see how well he does at B'rum if he goes there.

H18sry
10-11-2011, 09:52 AM
Birmingham want to take Newcastle striker Nile Ranger, 20, on loan.

Surprise surprise he was linked with us when CC was here

Houchy
10-11-2011, 09:56 AM
It will be interesting to see how well he does at B'rum if he goes there.

I wish nothing but pain and failure to this odious little worm and any team that he is connected to.

Don Giovanni
10-11-2011, 10:09 AM
We should be delighted that it looks like this will happen. It'll save Hibs a bundle. I can see where you're coming from Beefster - financially at least least but Colin Calderwood is a rat. He deserted his pal Hughton at NUFC just before he got the bullet. He hankered after a move away to the midlands all summer. He has left our club in a mess - yet again. (Oh, and the fitbaw wis dire anaw!). That we should give him a penny in compensation is to add insult to injury. May he never darken our door again...

basehibby
10-11-2011, 10:11 AM
At the AGM, the information given was: Notts Forest offered us less than we had paid Newcastle for him, and CC's agent said to RP that they wouldn't consider the Birmingham offer as it wasn't right for him given what was going on at the club, ie Birmingham, their owner etc

That's interesting and shows why the board didn't bite Forest's hand off at the time - it seems their offer was somewhat derisory (presumably NOT 300K) and that the supposed offer from Brum never materialised.

At the time I supported the board's stance and I'll agree that in retrospect it's a shame we didn't just take the money and run.

My reason's for supporting them were that

Changing manager at that time would have been immensely disruptive and we needed stability. Any compensation offer would have had to reflect this in order to be acceptable.
There was still some chance that Calderwood would be a success at Hibs - he had put relegation to bed with a five game winning streak immediately after introducing his own signings and this was some cause for optimism.
Caving in to the first derisory offer from the Championship for our manager would have sent out entirely the wrong signals and opened the door for every future Hibs manager to be tapped up by every tom dick and harry with a few bob to spend.
More than anything, sticking with Calderwood represented a CHANCE of building something this season whereas getting a new man in inevitably meant back to square one.
As it happens we ARE back to square one once again - I'll hold my hands up and admit I didn't make the right call, but it's hardly as cut and dry as some are painting it to be - is it???

JimBHibees
10-11-2011, 10:17 AM
Birmingham want to take Newcastle striker Nile Ranger, 20, on loan.

Surprise surprise he was linked with us when CC was here

Also Adam Rooney though appreciate the massive difference in terms of wages re both clubs however in saying that it may have been better for Rooney to go to Hibs as he would have got more of a game than down there.

I dont think it is clear that Brum offered any money for Calderwood in the summer, the time there was talk of them being interested they were in crises with their owner in court in Hong Kong answering serious charges.

I do get the impression that CC has been working his ticket though and wont have been heartbroken to have got the bullet on Sunday. Personally think a half decent manager will be able to come in and make the team much better in a short space of time.

JimBHibees
10-11-2011, 10:21 AM
I can see where you're coming from Beefster - financially at least least but Colin Calderwood is a rat. He deserted his pal Hughton at NUFC just before he got the bullet. He hankered after a move away to the midlands all summer. He has left our club in a mess - yet again. (Oh, and the fitbaw wis dire anaw!). That we should give him a penny in compensation is to add insult to injury. May he never darken our door again...

Personally think he left the Toon because he knew Hughton was being sacked.

Northernhibee
10-11-2011, 10:22 AM
No club will be able to trust CC again.

Big Frank
10-11-2011, 10:31 AM
Screw him. He's gone, and we are all glad of this.

Lets look forward. There is a new dawn for Hibernian, exciting times are coming, you lot and Hibernian deserve it.

Captain Trips
10-11-2011, 10:56 AM
That's interesting and shows why the board didn't bite Forest's hand off at the time - it seems their offer was somewhat derisory (presumably NOT 300K) and that the supposed offer from Brum never materialised.

At the time I supported the board's stance and I'll agree that in retrospect it's a shame we didn't just take the money and run.

My reason's for supporting them were that

Changing manager at that time would have been immensely disruptive and we needed stability. Any compensation offer would have had to reflect this in order to be acceptable.
There was still some chance that Calderwood would be a success at Hibs - he had put relegation to bed with a five game winning streak immediately after introducing his own signings and this was some cause for optimism.
Caving in to the first derisory offer from the Championship for our manager would have sent out entirely the wrong signals and opened the door for every future Hibs manager to be tapped up by every tom dick and harry with a few bob to spend.
More than anything, sticking with Calderwood represented a CHANCE of building something this season whereas getting a new man in inevitably meant back to square one.
As it happens we ARE back to square one once again - I'll hold my hands up and admit I didn't make the right call, but it's hardly as cut and dry as some are painting it to be - is it???

:top marks for that honesty BH, and I wish 100% I was on saying how wrong I was in CC.

I will be honest and say even if RP took the money in summer I still would have wanted him gone, he had still made to many errors for me upto that point. I think though it would have appeased a good few folk but maybe worried more of the pro Petrie in thinking was rash.

I disagree with a lot of things with you over the piece however that is an excellent posting. I myself am only ever honest I said early on CC was not right and knew I would get stick as maybe it was a bit early in his tenure but I will always say what I think.

BurghHibby
10-11-2011, 11:44 AM
For those of you who don't think CC was working his ticket since the summer, I'll give you two examples:

Away to Dunfermline: from a winning position he takes off the two strikers and eventually manages to scrape a draw!

Away to St Mirren: again from a winning position he takes off Griffiths (who was causing St Mirren all sorts of bother) but despite CC's best efforts the team hold out for a win.

In most of his games his substitutions could seem a bit bizarre (e.g. Stephens up front!, Dickoh (one of the most well named players ever to play for Hibs) against the sheep at the end of last season at ER) however the two games highlighted above make me think he wanted us to get beat, or at least not win.

If true he should be reported Fifa and like another poster suggested have his coaching licence/badges revoked.

Hibernia Na Eir
10-11-2011, 11:48 AM
he will never be his own man again, utterly useless in that respect. he was a poor player and was a poor manager.
see ya coco!!

Don Giovanni
10-11-2011, 11:49 AM
Personally think he left the Toon because he knew Hughton was being sacked. Yes, I agree. I think he left because he knew both Hughton & himself were about to be dumped by Mike Ashley. I think he has used Hibs as a stop-gap post to keep himself salaried. I dont believe he really wanted to be at Easter Road and probably never saw himself here in the longterm. He certainly never have me the impression he had any desire to take Hibs forward or wanted to make a real go of it. I wont be at all suprised if he returns to being an Assistant despite the claims he "wanted to be his own man". Colin Calderwood has made a complete mug of us, all of us - including the board.

Dinkydoo
10-11-2011, 12:01 PM

What a load of unsubstantiated bull ****.

Yes he wanted away in the summer, and RP didn't let him. But to suggest that he has purposefully got himself sacked from the club, without any evidence, is slander.

Dinkydoo
10-11-2011, 12:05 PM
Apologies TrickyNicky for singling out your post; it looks like there are quite a few posters indulging in making dangerous allegations on this thread.

Exiled Hibby
10-11-2011, 12:12 PM

Yes he wanted away in the summer, and RP didn't let him. But to suggest that he has purposefully got himself sacked from the club, without any evidence, is slander.

Agree 100% with you. For some posters to be calling him a criminal just coz he was a crap manager is just ridiculous. Which law did he break? Glad to see him gone, and agree he will go down in history as a Hibee nightmare, but lets move on.

Michael O'Neil for me:flag:

Hibbyradge
10-11-2011, 12:17 PM
For those of you who don't think CC was working his ticket since the summer, I'll give you two examples:

Away to Dunfermline: from a winning position he takes off the two strikers and eventually manages to scrape a draw!

Away to St Mirren: again from a winning position he takes off Griffiths (who was causing St Mirren all sorts of bother) but despite CC's best efforts the team hold out for a win.

In most of his games his substitutions could seem a bit bizarre (e.g. Stephens up front!, Dickoh (one of the most well named players ever to play for Hibs) against the sheep at the end of last season at ER) however the two games highlighted above make me think he wanted us to get beat, or at least not win.

If true he should be reported Fifa and like another poster suggested have his coaching licence/badges revoked.

If true...

Funny you should choose 2 fairly good results to suggest he man was corrupt!

Dinkydoo
10-11-2011, 12:18 PM
Agree 100% with you. For some posters to be calling him a criminal just coz he was a crap manager is just ridiculous. Which law did he break? Glad to see him gone, and agree he will go down in history as a Hibee nightmare, but lets move on.

Michael O'Neil for me:flag:

Yea; we are all hurting a little since we aren't doing nearly as well as we'd like to be, but throwing around accusations isn't going to solve anything.

I'd be happy with quite a few names that have been mentioned on here, and Michael O'Neil would be towards the top of my list too.

BurghHibby
10-11-2011, 12:37 PM
If true...

Funny you should choose 2 fairly good results to suggest he man was corrupt!

I used these games as they were games where we could have normally won OK, especially the Dunfermline game.
I actually noted at the end of the St Mirren game "well done ya clown, despite yer best efforts, we won" that was the feeling in the ground at the time.

Hibbyradge
10-11-2011, 12:45 PM
I used these games as they were games where we could have normally won OK, especially the Dunfermline game.
I actually noted at the end of the St Mirren game "well done ya clown, despite yer best efforts, we won" that was the feeling in the ground at the time.

I understand that, but no-one is going to remove his coaching badges for getting 4 points from 2 away games, particularly when we were close to the bottom of the league.

There is no chance that he tried to fail deliberately.

To suggest that he did is very unfair.

Hibbyradge
10-11-2011, 12:46 PM

I understand that, but no-one is going to remove his coaching badges for getting 4 points from 2 away games, particularly when we were close to the bottom of the league.

There is no chance that he tried to fail deliberately.

To suggest that he did is very unfair.

Captain Trips
10-11-2011, 12:53 PM
He was dire when he was trying to win, he didnt need to try and lose as he was dreadful anyway. I think that is pretty impossible to lose matches on purpose as you would need the players in on it. He just wasnt/isnt a very good manager.

connerg
10-11-2011, 02:46 PM

:top marks

Jim44
10-11-2011, 03:02 PM

By the same token, quite a few others were not happy for Hibs to play hardball. No hindsight needed from my point of view. I thought at the start it was a totally unimaginative appointment, hated every minute he was with us, except for a couple of flukey results, and am delighted to be rid of Deadwood. Petrie should be holding his head in shame and if I had my way, I would make him pay the compensation fee out of his own pocket. But as I said yesterday, we've got to quit the bitching and get behind whoever is going to drag us out of the mire.

Dashing Bob S
10-11-2011, 03:03 PM

Hello Iain, hope New Zealand is treating you well.

Have to disagree about the RP-CC summer shenanigans. I haven't been a Petrie basher, I'm still of the view that he's head, shoulders and tache above every other soccer administrator in Scotland. However, he got it badly wrong here. It might by hindsight for us, but it wasn't for him as he works with Calderwood on a day-to-day basis. He should have had the savvy to notice a semi-detached manager who had his mind on the Engerlish Midderlands.

EasterRoad4Ever
10-11-2011, 03:24 PM

No hindsight needed. Many on this forum predicted in the summer that CC would just continue to do what he did best - lose matches - and he would then walk straight into the Ass job at Brum or NFFC with ££££ in his pocket. With a lot of his decisions, it was patently obvious that he was trying his best to get fired !

If Hibs fans could see it in the summer, why could the Board not ?

EasterRoad4Ever
10-11-2011, 03:29 PM

Hmmm, CC might see that as another revenue source once he's settled with Hibs :wink: The guy is a shiester and has systematically ripped off Hibs, Hibs Shareholders and Hibs fans, and orchestrated a move to a more suitable No 2 jobby down south with a load of money in his back pocket.

Captain Trips
10-11-2011, 03:35 PM
Hmmm, CC might see that as another revenue source once he's settled with Hibs :wink: The guy is a shiester and has systematically ripped off Hibs, Hibs Shareholders and Hibs fans, and orchestrated a move to a more suitable No 2 jobby down south with a load of money in his back pocket.

RP etc are not much better then for not taking the money when it was clear to me anyway and quite a few others we had a dud on our hands, I find that worse.

NORTHERNHIBBY
10-11-2011, 04:04 PM
Catch 22 is it not? Suicide if we changed a manager too near the start of a season, but a lingering drawn out death if we didn't. Whichever way you peel and boil it, the end result is the same.

Bostonhibby
10-11-2011, 05:59 PM

:tsk tsk:No it's not, Libel maybe. :greengrin

Jim44
10-11-2011, 06:10 PM

................. personally, I'd describe it as justifiable homicide. :greengrin

Bostonhibby
10-11-2011, 06:12 PM
[QUOTE=Bostonhibby;2982679]

................. personally, I'd describe it as justifiable homicide. :greengrin

:agree: Or fair comment, allegedly :greengrin

jdships
10-11-2011, 06:16 PM
Daily Record Article

" CC's agent said to RP that they wouldn't consider the Birmingham offer as it wasn't right for him given what was going on at the club,"
Remember there was a scandal surrounding the owner at that time .
Think you should do a bit mire research before posting as this was common knowledge among the players , at least , at the time .
Financial genius right enough :thumbsup:

:rolleyes:

MrSmith
10-11-2011, 06:58 PM
For me, I think the crux of this issue is the fact that we did not have a proper pre-season! Now there is two ways of looking at this: 1) Claderwood was indeed working his ticket!? And; 2) RP didn't release funds for players early enough! Either way it was a complete disaster from that early point onward...

Dinkydoo
10-11-2011, 08:14 PM

God dammit; this is type of thing always happens when I fail to take my pocket dictionary out the house with me! :greengrin

joe breezy
10-11-2011, 08:29 PM
If I lost £350k at my job I'd expect to be sacked, it's not as if the signs weren't there, he made it obvious his heart was elsewhere

Petrie = fud

Simply no excuse, absolute incompetence

ballengeich
10-11-2011, 08:41 PM

In England, yes. I believe that up here both written and oral defamation are slander. (M'learned friends' confirmation would be welcome).

Andy74
10-11-2011, 08:43 PM

In England, yes. I believe that up here both written and oral defamation are slander. (M'learned friends' confirmation would be welcome).

I think we call it defamation of character or something.

Bostonhibby
10-11-2011, 09:07 PM

God dammit; this is type of thing always happens when I fail to take my pocket dictionary out the house with me! :greengrin

:greengrin
Actually you could be right, lets say you were to call him any or all of the above in Scotland both Libel (the permanent record / wriiten word) or Slander occur but its the same difference as far as the law and any proceedings are concerned. I can wait til he moves back down here permanently then decide whether I fancy a bit of slander or a bit of libel depending on how much I have had to drink :wink: Pedantic or what!

Dinkydoo
10-11-2011, 09:46 PM
[QUOTE=Dinkydoo;2982874]

:greengrin
Actually you could be right, lets say you were to call him any or all of the above in Scotland both Libel (the permanent record / wriiten word) or Slander occur but its the same difference as far as the law and any proceedings are concerned. I can wait til he moves back down here permanently then decide whether I fancy a bit of slander or a bit of libel depending on how much I have had to drink :wink: Pedantic or what!

Both are defined as damaging the reputation of another through the act of communicating a false - or at least, entirely unjustified - piece of information. Libel however specifies that the "act" has taken place in writing or print. So in this case, its probably the more appropriate term to use.

20 to 11 at night and up at half 6 the next day, but still wide awake, contemplating whether I should begin researching the origin of the words "slander" and "libel"............

I need to get a life :faf:

AlbertK86
10-11-2011, 09:54 PM
" CC's agent said to RP that they wouldn't consider the Birmingham offer as it wasn't right for him given what was going on at the club," Remember there was a scandal surrounding the owner at that time . Think you should do a bit mire research before posting as this was common knowledge among the players , at least , at the time . Financial genius right enough :thumbsup: G :rolleyes: Think you will find they wanted him weeks before their man was arrested and Rod said no. They were still sniffing about weeks later when he was arrested and funnily enough that was when they conveniently said they wouldn't consider so maybe you need to check your facts

WindyMiller
10-11-2011, 11:11 PM
Think you will find they wanted him weeks before their man was arrested and Rod said no. They were still sniffing about weeks later when he was arrested and funnily enough that was when they conveniently said they wouldn't consider so maybe you need to check your facts

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?220718-AGM-and-Protest-Updates&p=2979779&viewfull=1#post2979779

surreyhibbie
10-11-2011, 11:32 PM
There seems to be a suggestion that CC deliberately lost games to engineer the sacking.

Does anyone think he actually has enough talent to do that?

I doubt it.

EasterRoad4Ever
11-11-2011, 12:20 AM
[QUOTE=ballengeich;2982922]

I think we call it defamation of character or something.

How can you defame something that doesn't exist ?

Iain G
11-11-2011, 12:56 AM
Hello Iain, hope New Zealand is treating you well.

Have to disagree about the RP-CC summer shenanigans. I haven't been a Petrie basher, I'm still of the view that he's head, shoulders and tache above every other soccer administrator in Scotland. However, he got it badly wrong here. It might by hindsight for us, but it wasn't for him as he works with Calderwood on a day-to-day basis. He should have had the savvy to notice a semi-detached manager who had his mind on the Engerlish Midderlands.

Hullo Robert, yes all well this end thank ya!

Obviously the board saw something in him that convinced them to hang onto him, thats all I can think of!!

blackpoolhibs
11-11-2011, 06:46 AM
There seems to be a suggestion that CC deliberately lost games to engineer the sacking.

Does anyone think he actually has enough talent to do that?

I doubt it.

That game at dunfermline, where he took off two players who were having their best game together for me stank. Those substitutions were as bad as any i have seen watching Hibs, i cant believe he did it.

As i said, that stunk the place out.:confused:

Leith Bloke EH6
11-11-2011, 07:04 AM
For those of you who don't think CC was working his ticket since the summer

At AGM mention that CC agent said Birmingham job not right for him with Boardroom turmoil - not considered by CC or agent at that time.
Prominent BBC reporter said (off the record) that he was outside meeting on Monday to try to get a few words with CC following face to face with Board to discuss comp. He was told Sunday of sacking decision? Never before has BBC reporter seen a man so happy after getting the bullet!

Leith Bloke EH6
11-11-2011, 07:04 AM
For those of you who don't think CC was working his ticket since the summer

At AGM mention that CC agent said Birmingham job not right for him with Boardroom turmoil - not considered by CC or agent at that time.
Prominent BBC reporter said (off the record) that he was outside meeting on Monday to try to get a few words with CC following face to face with Board to discuss comp. He was told Sunday of sacking decision? Never before has BBC reporter seen a man so happy after getting the bullet!

drumatic44
11-11-2011, 07:33 AM
Guys, do we REALLY know what went on re. the compen. biz. I don't think so only the board would be party to the goings on. The truth will come out in time. Meantime let's rejoice in the fact that he's gone and hope that the severance package was along the lines of Mowbray / Celtic ie. his salary got paid till he got another job. Which if the case we'll only be due him a couple of weeks money. RESULT !!!
IMHO. Alex Miller / Pat Nevin = director of football, Michael O' Niell manager, Billy Brown assist.
Maybe Gordon Strachan, if so delete the Miller / Nevin option, keep the other 2 and GS. moves to d.of f.
In other words GS. steadies the ship, get's things sorted in the right direction then moves upstairs and the other 2 take over.
Sounds simple EH !!

Baader
11-11-2011, 12:10 PM
Send him a bag of soor plooms and a few Bon bons an tell him to stay away. His reign and his comments were an embarrassment to this club

The_Exile
11-11-2011, 12:28 PM
Send him a bag of soor plooms and a few Bon bons an tell him to stay away. His reign and his comments were an embarrassment to this club

Think we should keep the plooms, and just send him a bag of sweeties.

rubber mal
11-11-2011, 12:56 PM

:agree:

Bostonhibby
11-11-2011, 02:45 PM
[QUOTE=Bostonhibby;2983013]

Both are defined as damaging the reputation of another through the act of communicating a false - or at least, entirely unjustified - piece of information. Libel however specifies that the "act" has taken place in writing or print. So in this case, its probably the more appropriate term to use.

20 to 11 at night and up at half 6 the next day, but still wide awake, contemplating whether I should begin researching the origin of the words "slander" and "libel"............

I need to get a life :faf:

Guilty as charged M'lud............over and out

jdships
11-11-2011, 03:42 PM
Think you will find they wanted him weeks before their man was arrested and Rod said no. They were still sniffing about weeks later when he was arrested and funnily enough that was when they conveniently said they wouldn't consider so maybe you need to check your facts

Sorry to disagree with you again :greengrin but if you check the press of the time the investigation had been ongoing for TEN WEEKS before his arrest and rumours were rife in the area during that period.
OK it may have been " pure speculation" , as one rag described it, but could have been enough for CC's agent to advise him against the move !!
Don't suppose we will ever know unless CC writes his autobiography :wink:
With events having overtaken all this are we really interested now ? :rolleyes:

Albion Hibs
11-11-2011, 08:31 PM
Dont know why some people are using this thread to have a go at CC. It was the fans and then the board that wanted him out, it is hardly his fault that he has walked straight into a better job.

Bostonhibby
11-11-2011, 08:55 PM
Dont know why some people are using this thread to have a go at CC. It was the fans and then the board that wanted him out, it is hardly his fault that he has walked straight into a better job.

:agree: If it wasn't for the fans, the board, the win to loss ratio, league position, results and all the attractions to be back down south he would have stayed.

There's every chance (allegedly) that it might be something to do with him that he could walk into the job that he might. Either that or it is pure chance, Either way his entry into the Hibs hall of fame seems unlikely.

Don Giovanni
11-11-2011, 09:06 PM
...it is hardly his fault that he has walked straight into a better job. Firstly, has his appointment as Birmingham City Assistant Manager been confirmed? And, secondly... "better job" - care to explain?

Geo_1875
11-11-2011, 09:39 PM
Did I miss something? I thought Rod said Forest didn't offer enough and Brum didn't make an offer. So id Calderwood goes to Brum how have we lost out?

Eyrie
11-11-2011, 09:57 PM
Because we'll have to pay him compensation for being crap, when Forest would have paid us money for him.

Oh, and because we couldn't have done any worse under his replacement.

Albion Hibs
11-11-2011, 10:08 PM
Firstly, has his appointment as Birmingham City Assistant Manager been confirmed? And, secondly... "better job" - care to explain?

I dont see what your firstly has to do with anything I did not bring up the subject of him being appointed or not, merely commented that people still seem to be having a go.

Secondly, thats pretty easy Hibs with next to no one at games, in a skint league, or a team with a big fans base, playing in Europe(?), in a good league with every chance of being in the premiership - sounds like a better job without doubt.

francobaresi
11-11-2011, 11:56 PM
Tend to slightly agree that most jobs would be better than the Hibs job right now but let's face it; if the right man comes in and brings in the right players with the right attitude then it will be a dream job...

Oh and before anyone else says it, if my 6 numbers come in I will win the lottery... The right man will make it a dream job... It wasn't CC.. But good luck to him wherever he goes... Let's move on as a club...

KeithTheHibby
12-11-2011, 07:44 AM
As RP said at the AGM this is all in the past now.

CC was rubbish, a worse manager than Duffy and personally couldn't care less what he does in the game now.

I doubt he ever wanted to be here and once another club was interested was whoring himself like a hooker.

Don Giovanni
12-11-2011, 08:25 AM
I dont see what your firstly has to do with anything I did not bring up the subject of him being appointed or not, merely commented that people still seem to be having a go. Secondly, thats pretty easy Hibs with next to no one at games, in a skint league, or a team with a big fans base, playing in Europe(?), in a good league with every chance of being in the premiership - sounds like a better job without doubt. The initial report on this thread was that CC was poised to join Brum. You stated that "it is no suprise that he has walked into a better job". Im merely asking is this the case? Has CC signed on at Brum? As for the second point I completely disagree. Being Assistant at an average, second tier, playing in a half empty stadium English club or being in charge of a relatively big, top flight Scottish club which has far more chance of qualifying for Europe in any given season. And remember this is a guy who left an Assistant post at a big Premiership club because he wanted to be "his own man" again. Aye it's been some upward spiral for oor Colin, right enough! :bye: