PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Calderwood wants the job

Hibtastic
09-11-2011, 05:49 PM
Jimmy Calderwood on Sportsound just now throwing his hat in for the job. Thinks he is exactly what we need at the moment but he fully expects Michael O'Neill to get the gig.

Dashing Bob S
09-11-2011, 05:53 PM
Jimmy Calderwood on Sportsound just now throwing his hat in for the job. Thinks he is exactly what we need at the moment but he fully expects Michael O'Neill to get the gig.

No thanks. Nice enough guy and a decent SPL manager, but he'll bore the living *hit out of us. We need to get somebody in who is a) going to get us excited (sorry CC) b) isn't an erse (sorry Yogi) and understands human nature enough to know that he can't facilitate cultural change overnight (sorry JC).

It all points to MON, McLeish/Mowbray mark two.

Hibbyradge
09-11-2011, 05:54 PM
He maybe should have thought about that before he made his veiled accusations about the Hibs board on TV.

CyberSauzee
09-11-2011, 05:54 PM
He only wants it to keep his tango man complexion. Someone told him there's Sunshine on Leith at every home game.

Beefster
09-11-2011, 05:58 PM
If he gets the job, I'll be setting up 'Occupy East Mains' until he's removed.

Anyone got a tent I could borrow?

Golden Bear
09-11-2011, 06:00 PM
Aw - here's me thinking and hoping it was the REAL JC.

Kaiser1962
09-11-2011, 06:01 PM
He's applied twice already and was interviewed when Yogi got the job. It looks like he cant take a hint.

Billie Jo
09-11-2011, 06:08 PM
No, jist no:loser:

lucky
09-11-2011, 06:11 PM
I certainly would take him. But MoN seems to be the favorite choice. As long as its not any hearts ******* or Roy Aitken

pogo
09-11-2011, 06:16 PM

ditto:grr:

R'Albin
09-11-2011, 06:22 PM

I thought the same when I read the title !

frazeHFC
09-11-2011, 06:25 PM
John Collins - No thankyou
Jimmy Calderwood - Yes please!

PISTOL1875
09-11-2011, 06:26 PM
JC would do a job for us until the end of the season like he did at Killie.. I don't think it would be a bad appointment....

RickyS
09-11-2011, 06:31 PM
JC would do a job for us until the end of the season like he did at Killie.. I don't think it would be a bad appointment....

me neither:agree:

Part/Time Supporter
09-11-2011, 06:33 PM
He must think a lot of himself as a manager, if he thinks he can overcome all those dark unseen forces at Hibs.

:rolleyes:

HibbyAndy
09-11-2011, 06:36 PM
He has no chance of getting the gig! Imo.

Dashing Bob S
09-11-2011, 06:39 PM
He must think a lot of himself as a manager, if he thinks he can overcome all those dark unseen forces at Hibs.

:rolleyes:

They should perhaps call him Jimmy Skywalker.

Dashing Bob S
09-11-2011, 06:41 PM
He has no chance of getting the gig! Imo.

FFS Andy, I hope, indeed pray, that you are right. At least we already have all these 'get Calderwood out threads', and for the matter, 'JC is rubbish' threads that we can just dredge back up, and save us the trouble of writing new stuff, if that horror comes to pass.

nortonhibby
09-11-2011, 06:43 PM

Me too mate but he has major issues with RP.

James.
09-11-2011, 06:43 PM
Could the title of this thread not be changed to "Jimmy Calderwood wants the job"? :rolleyes:

Cabbage East
09-11-2011, 06:44 PM

Me too. Cheers for that :rolleyes:

Springbank
09-11-2011, 06:46 PM
John Collins - Trophy winning club legend
Jimmy Calderwood - NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Fixed that for you.

One has won a major trophy (at Hibs)
The other, ahem...

pogo
09-11-2011, 06:54 PM
Maybe the admins know something we don't, and that's why they've left in this smiley?
:cgwa

iwasthere1972
09-11-2011, 07:05 PM

In the unlikely event that he lands the biggest job of his life, me and shep will be getting ourselves down Easter Road to protest against it.

Seriously - thanks but no thanks.

Keith_M
09-11-2011, 07:09 PM
Would it be sectarian abuse if I say I don't want that Orange Barsteward anywhere near my club?

aberhibsfc
09-11-2011, 07:10 PM

I don't want Jimmy Calderwood or Mark McGhee for that matter anywhere near my club.

SteveHFC
09-11-2011, 07:12 PM
Would rather have Jimmy than Jeffires.

ScottB
09-11-2011, 07:12 PM
I wouldn't want him, but to be fair, he took the Dons into Europe past Christmas, and their results have tailed off since he left, so it's not like he's a huddie or anything...

smurf
09-11-2011, 07:16 PM
Superb record at Aberdeen. I would be tempted if I was the board to make a 'until the end of the season' appointment and if that's the criteria he fits the profile.

Whoever we appoint will need to work with what we've got!

greenlex
09-11-2011, 07:18 PM
Rest Easy guys. I doubt very much if he is in the Leader bracket that SL is looking for.

HibbyAndy
09-11-2011, 07:21 PM
FFS Andy, I hope, indeed pray, that you are right. At least we already have all these 'get Calderwood out threads', and for the matter, 'JC is rubbish' threads that we can just dredge back up, and save us the trouble of writing new stuff, if that horror comes to pass.

:greengrin

iwasthere1972
09-11-2011, 07:25 PM
Superb record at Aberdeen. I would be tempted if I was the board to make a 'until the end of the season' appointment and if that's the criteria he fits the profile.

Whoever we appoint will need to work with what we've got!

You do realise that the end of season is still 6 months away. Rather we get the right guy in now (unless of course it's going to cost us) and give him time to sort out the playing staff this season in preparation for next. Also gives him the January transfer window to wheel and deal in.

Michael O'Neil or Billy Davies.......:aok:

Jimmy Calderwood or Jim Jeffries.......:asshole:

seven nowt
09-11-2011, 07:26 PM
W-Anchor

iwasthere1972
09-11-2011, 07:27 PM
******!

This :agree:

Feed McGraw
09-11-2011, 07:37 PM
I don`t think I care anymore, I`ve become so apathetic with Hibs and now disillusioned that some (quite a number ?) of my fellow Hibbies` would want Jim Jefferies as manager honestly makes me almost want to weep in frustration.

Mind you, if I`m feeling so frustrated I hope it means I still do care.

Joe
09-11-2011, 07:45 PM
Would hardly set the heart racing but I see no reason why not. Took Dunfermline up, led them to 4th in the league (a position we could only dream of these days) and the cup final. Moved to Aberdeen and turned the worst Aberdeen side in god knows how long into a sustained period of success that peaked with a run in Europe the the old firm would kill for and even kept Killie up to boot.

Michael O'Neil still has my vote but Jimmy Calderwood would be certainly in the running and way ahead of fat jambo Jeffries.

Joe
09-11-2011, 07:46 PM
Also I don't think Jimmy Calderwood, should be be a success, would run of to the championship etc, could we same the same about Michael O'Neil. Just a thought.

Pretty Boy
09-11-2011, 07:57 PM
I made a case for Jimmy Calderwood last time but the consensus is so against him there's little point going there again.

What I will say is I've heard very few proper reasons against him. Him looking crap in a polyester jacket, having a dodgy tan, having a Rangers connection, having a funny accent etc are not proper reasons.

His SPL record is very good. Built Dunfermilne into a decent side, 4th place finish and a Scottish Cup Final. He left they went downhill. Took a honking Aberdeen side to within 3 goals of pipping Hibs to a 3 rd place finish, never out the top 6 and beyond Christmas in Europe including an away win against Dnipro, remember them? Was charged with keeping Killie in the SPL and succeded and was asked to keep Ross County out the play offs, again he done what was asked of him.

Of course all that makes no difference because people have made up their minds so that's that.

young dougie
09-11-2011, 08:00 PM
It would save money, with a wee bit of tipex the old headed note paper could be used.:wink:

erin go bragh
09-11-2011, 08:10 PM
You do realise that the end of season is still 6 months away. Rather we get the right guy in now (unless of course it's going to cost us) and give him time to sort out the playing staff this season in preparation for next. Also gives him the January transfer window to wheel and deal in.

Michael O'Neil or Billy Davies.......:aok:

Jimmy Calderwood or Jim Jeffries.......:asshole:

No thanks to Billy Davies , far too negative style of hoofball , dour wee runt to boot .

Strachan , Collins or o'neil .

ggtth

Big Frank
09-11-2011, 08:11 PM
No thanks. Nice enough guy and a decent SPL manager, but he'll bore the living *hit out of us. We need to get somebody in who is a) going to get us excited (sorry CC) b) isn't an erse (sorry Yogi) and understands human nature enough to know that he can't facilitate cultural change overnight (sorry JC).

It all points to MON, McLeish/Mowbray mark two.

:agree:

:top marks

erin go bragh
09-11-2011, 08:13 PM
I made a case for Jimmy Calderwood last time but the consensus is so against him there's little point going there again.

What I will say is I've heard very few proper reasons against him. Him looking crap in a polyester jacket, having a dodgy tan, having a Rangers connection, having a funny accent etc are not proper reasons.

His SPL record is very good. Built Dunfermilne into a decent side, 4th place finish and a Scottish Cup Final. He left they went downhill. Took a honking Aberdeen side to within 3 goals of pipping Hibs to a 3 rd place finish, never out the top 6 and beyond Christmas in Europe including an away win against Dnipro, remember them? Was charged with keeping Killie in the SPL and succeded and was asked to keep Ross County out the play offs, again he done what was asked of him.

Of course all that makes no difference because people have made up their minds so that's that.
When we appointed cc we would have been better of with tango man then but now we need a manager that gets the fans back asap , tango man is not that man .

ggtth

Pedantic_Hibee
09-11-2011, 08:18 PM
Would not be averse to Jimmy Calderwood at all, but in reference to our last managerial appointment when we built all our hopes on Steve Clarke, I think this latest round of manager-merry-go-round will be viewed the same with the majority rooting for Michael O'Neill with anything other than him being viewed as disappointment on various scales.

James70
09-11-2011, 08:19 PM
For the short term we need someone who can get us results no matter how as relegation would be disastrous.

I would not have a problem with Jimmy Calderwood getting the job on a short term contract though I concede that he would probably not be the man to take the club forward in the longer term.

Bishop Hibee
09-11-2011, 08:21 PM

Agree. Copied for future threads :greengrin

lyonhibs
09-11-2011, 08:27 PM
Fixed that for you.

One has won a major trophy (at Hibs)
The other, ahem...

This.

I'm struggling to think of anyone that's been mentioned in dispatches that I want less at my club that Tangoman - and I include Jim Jeffries in that statement.

matty_f
09-11-2011, 08:49 PM

Can't argue with any of that. He wouldn't be my choice but if you take an objective look at his record, there's no doubting that he'd do a job for us.

IWasThere2016
09-11-2011, 08:53 PM
No, jist no:loser:

Yup - he's a balloon.

BS44
09-11-2011, 09:01 PM
[QUOTE=smurf;2981068]Superb record at Aberdeen. I would be tempted if I was the board to make a 'until the end of the season' appointment and if that's the criteria he fits the profile.

Whoever we appoint will need to work with what we've got.

Your kidding, right. He took over temporarily at Kilmarnock with 21 games to go. Wins 5 losses 11 and draws 4. Kept them up with a
0-0 draw with Falkirk last game of the season. He managed to lose six on the bounce (1 cup game) and four on the bounce.

We should never entertain any manager at Easter Road who has lost seven goals to Hearts.

At The Edge
09-11-2011, 09:09 PM
Its times like these i wish our search was over and the thought of nuggets like Tango managing our club are but a distant memory, when we laugh and reminisce about our search.

No thanks

hfcpaul
09-11-2011, 09:11 PM
think he would be a good appointment . look where aberdeen were with him in charge , we need someone to steady the ship and progress , may not be the most attacking football , but they were hard to beat and finished top 4 each season he was there . think we would all be happy with that

The Falcon
09-11-2011, 09:16 PM
Would not be averse to Jimmy Calderwood at all, but in reference to our last managerial appointment when we built all our hopes on Steve Clarke, I think this latest round of manager-merry-go-round will be viewed the same with the majority rooting for Michael O'Neill with anything other than him being viewed as disappointment on various scales.

Nor would I. Not enthralled at the prospect but he has been over the course.

calumb
09-11-2011, 09:26 PM
[QUOTE=smurf;2981068]Superb record at Aberdeen. I would be tempted if I was the board to make a 'until the end of the season' appointment and if that's the criteria he fits the profile.

Whoever we appoint will need to work with what we've got.

Your kidding, right. He took over temporarily at Kilmarnock with 21 games to go. Wins 5 losses 11 and draws 4. Kept them up with a
0-0 draw with Falkirk last game of the season. He managed to lose six on the bounce (1 cup game) and four on the bounce.

We should never entertain any manager at Easter Road who has lost seven goals to Hearts.

I don't think he is the man for the job but if you look at his Aberdeen managerial record in 227 games he only lost 73, i think we would take that at the moment

smurf
09-11-2011, 09:40 PM
Yup - he's a balloon.

A balloon that delivered for the sheep we would love to have?

NORTHERNHIBBY
09-11-2011, 09:40 PM
Has he maybe no been out of the game too long to be a serious contender?

burghhibs
09-11-2011, 09:52 PM
Only job he should get is a lollypop man outside easter road. no thanks :na na:

iwasthere1972
09-11-2011, 10:21 PM
Only job he should get is a lollypop man outside easter road. no thanks :na na:

You're joking. Think of all the accidents he could cause when he tops up his tan. Drivers blinded for life.

BS44
09-11-2011, 10:32 PM
[QUOTE=More Bills;2981455]

I don't think he is the man for the job but if you look at his Aberdeen managerial record in 227 games he only lost 73, i think we would take that at the moment

I dont know his stats at Aberdeen but that is impressive.

poolman
09-11-2011, 11:26 PM

Deary bloody me

Just about everybody obviously wants Hibs to go forward ar this moment with the appointment of a new manager coming up

But why oh why are people touting ****in FJK and orange puss Calderwood:bitchy:

FFS, is this the level we have aspired to :rolleyes:

I'm speechless at the thought of either of those two in the dugout, fortnately I wouldn't be there, and before all the " support your team at any cost " get on my case

NO WAY WOULD I GO TO ER WITH ANY OF THOSE TWO AS MANAGER

Phil MaGlass
10-11-2011, 10:30 AM
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooo

brog
10-11-2011, 01:38 PM
I don't have huge confidence in the Board but I would be astonished if they're even considering any of the tired old faces such as Tango & JJ. What next - Alex Totten or Alex Smith? They used to be quoted every time a job became vacant!
They've set a pattern since Mowbray with going for a younger manager & even though results have not been good, that's probably more down to the individuals selected as opposed to the selection criteria.
I would be very surprised if MON is not our next man.

Beefster
10-11-2011, 02:00 PM

To put that in perspective, Hughes only lost 105 in 283 games at Falkirk, Mixu lost 29 in 85 as a manager before Hibs and Colin Calderwood lost 77 in 290 as a manager before Hibs.

silverhibee
10-11-2011, 02:12 PM
If he gets the job, I'll be setting up 'Occupy East Mains' until he's removed.

Anyone got a tent I could borrow?

Since its coming in to the winter Mr Beefster you can borrow my caravan, only downside is you would have to share it with me. :greengrin

Dinkydoo
10-11-2011, 02:29 PM
Jimmy Calderwood as Hibernian manager?

Oh, dear god no!

Hibernia Na Eir
10-11-2011, 02:47 PM
trouble is, I don't want jimmy calderwood !!

Lendo
10-11-2011, 02:53 PM

Lendo
10-11-2011, 02:54 PM

EasterRoad4Ever
10-11-2011, 02:56 PM

No thanks, next.

Pretty Boy
10-11-2011, 03:20 PM
To put that in perspective, Hughes only lost 105 in 283 games at Falkirk, Mixu lost 29 in 85 as a manager before Hibs and Colin Calderwood lost 77 in 290 as a manager before Hibs.

To put it another way again: Jimmy Calderwood had a win % of nearly 42% at Aberdeen. I'm pretty sure this compares well to most other candidates. Only John Collins has a better win percentage as Hibs of recent Hibs managers with 43% but that was over a far shorter time period and we were on a downward spiral when he walked.

I could also point out Calderwood has taken teams to Europe 3 times in the last 7 years, the same as Hibs have managed in just over a decade.

Hainan Hibs
10-11-2011, 05:02 PM
Don't understand why some fans are playing with themselves over the prospect of the fat jambo ******* getting the job but boaking at the prospect of Jimmy Calderwood:confused:

As mentioned before, it's enough to make you weep.

blackpoolhibs
10-11-2011, 05:25 PM
After speaking to John Collins, he knows whats wrong at Hibs. And knows the problems he'd encounter working for Petrie. And he still wants the job??????? that cant be right?:confused:

R'Albin
10-11-2011, 05:33 PM

:agree:

The sheep fans wanted rid of him because they didn't play good enough football. Bet they would bite your hand of for top 4 finishes at the expense of ***** football now.

Kaiser1962
10-11-2011, 08:57 PM
After speaking to John Collins, he knows whats wrong at Hibs. And knows the problems he'd encounter working for Petrie. And he still wants the job??????? that cant be right?:confused:

My thoughts exactly.

Makes you wonder if its as bad as all that.