PDA

View Full Version : Hibsforchange

HibeeMG
08-11-2011, 10:23 PM
Taken from the bottom of the football365 article:

Before the AGM, 'Hibsforchange' organiser Keith Sands said: "It is a new protest group that we have set up yesterday.

"I have the backing of several ex-players and so far have the backing of two or three hundred fans. We want Rod Petrie to step down and away from the club altogether.

"Tom Farmer has to put some money into the club or he has to leave as well. The fans have had enough. We want to see a better class of player on the park.

"I think the campaign will eventually be successful, we can't keep blaming the managers, someone has to be wrong about that."

Well, let me tell you this Mr Sands, you are the one that is wrong.

You say you want Rod Petrie to step down and away from the club without giving any indication as to what you would like to see happen afterwards.

You say that if STF does not invest in the club then he can leave also. What do you foresee happening then?

I never go down the route of saying someone is a better Hibs fan than another so I won't this time. I will say that you, Mr Sands, are an embaressment to what it means to be a Hibs fan.

c31
08-11-2011, 10:26 PM
100% agree, that demo was an embarrassment. We would be up **** creak if STF was ever to leave

Pretty Boy
08-11-2011, 10:30 PM
I'm assuming the ex players he refers to are the usual rent a quotes from the papers.

As for change; STF has always maintained he would consider selling to someone who he believed had the interests of the club at heart and a plan to back it up. His interest has always been in ensuring Hibernian is still here long after he and the current.generations of fans are gone.

When someone comes along with a credible alternative, the cash, business plan and backing to carry it off then there is a decision to be made, until that time STF will do for me.

HibeeMG
08-11-2011, 11:12 PM
I forgot to add that if Keith Sands posts on Hibs.net, it would be the polite thing to identify himself as the Hibs fans who he is representing might want to have a word or two.

iwasthere1972
08-11-2011, 11:38 PM
I find it hard to believe that he has the backing of 200-300 fans. Tonight would have been the ideal time for all those people to have gathered at Easter Road and protested especially when the media (including Sky TV) were out. Instead they probably did what we did and sat in a nice cosy warm lounge with their feet up while reading the updates on their laptop.

I would be very surprised if this protesters group is heard of again until maybe next time we are looking to replace the manager.

Maybe they were just Jambos on holiday.

SteveHFC
08-11-2011, 11:42 PM
:faf:

iwasthere1972
08-11-2011, 11:44 PM
I forgot to add that if Keith Sands posts on Hibs.net, it would be the polite thing to identify himself as the Hibs fans who he is representing might want to have a word or two.

I doubt it will be just the one. I would go for it being two. :greengrin

Viva_Palmeiras
09-11-2011, 12:01 AM
So from the statement they were born yesterday ;)
That said who's to say these folks are different from other concerned fans. is this Sands bloke the guy that tried a protest previously ?
Things do need thought through it's easy enough to make demands another to really effect change.

bawheid
09-11-2011, 09:12 AM
I find it hard to believe that he has the backing of 200-300 fans.

More like 10-12 going by last night's ridiculous photograph.

I'm not going to knock Mr Sands. I'm all for free speech and the right to protest, even if you do make yourself and your group look like plums on national telly.

Beefster
09-11-2011, 09:16 AM
I find it hard to believe that he has the backing of 200-300 fans. Tonight would have been the ideal time for all those people to have gathered at Easter Road and protested especially when the media (including Sky TV) were out. Instead they probably did what we did and sat in a nice cosy warm lounge with their feet up while reading the updates on their laptop.

I would be very surprised if this protesters group is heard of again until maybe next time we are looking to replace the manager.

Maybe they were just Jambos on holiday.

If they do, it's probably people who have pressed a 'Like' or 'Join' button on Facebook.

Scouse Hibee
09-11-2011, 09:19 AM
Keith Sands.........................please allow us to share your thoughts on the alternatives or have you not got that far yet!

blackpoolhibs
09-11-2011, 09:21 AM
They looked a little stupid on the telly last night, but i suppose every protest group has to start somewhere. And if they are to grow, then that will surely happen over the next few days and weeks. If not they will fold and slip into the past, never to be remembered.

At least they had the balls to get off their ***** and do something they felt was right. Others and i include myself in this, have felt angry as they do, but have done nothing.

They need to be handled better, and any protest needs to be done better. Those who feel angry, and have a bit more savy on how to get that point across better, could do a lot worse and help those lads and lasses.

Nothings changed, they need reminding.

bingo70
09-11-2011, 09:24 AM
So from the statement they were born yesterday ;)
That said who's to say these folks are different from other concerned fans. is this Sands bloke the guy that tried a protest previously ?
Things do need thought through it's easy enough to make demands another to really effect change.

surely no him again is it, thought he was deed?????

Hopefully he's able to give a detailed explanation of what he's actually campaigning for as right now, i don't disagree there could be something wrong behind the scenes but if he thinks it's financial investment then he's barking up the wrong tree. We've backed every manager with more than we can afford so thats all we can ask for really so asking STF to invest with no possibility of a return is never going to happen and if he thinks someone out there will be willing to do then good luck to him finding that person.

There is a poster on here that every post is a dig about fans just sitting about moaning but not doing anything about it, username escapes me but i'd hazard a guess that Keith Sands does post on here but has noticed he wouldn't have much support as people don't know what they're actually campaigning for so not made a big deal on here

bawheid
09-11-2011, 09:28 AM
surely no him again is it, thought he was deed?????

:top marks

Spike Mandela
Mighty Oaks from little acorns grow!

Easy to knock someone when as already mentioned it's easy to sit in your lounge getting updates.

Maybe if more of us could be bothered to get up and protest about something we profess to care about change could actually be brought about but yet again apathy rules and I include myself in that.

Will it take us to get relegated again or come close to it to actually get out our armchairs or have we accepted this is our lot.

Hibbyradge
Rod and STF to simply walk away? :crazy:

Where does the group suggest we get the money to buy the club off Sir Tom, not to mention RP's 10%?

Hibbyradge
09-11-2011, 09:31 AM
Mighty Oaks from little acorns grow!

Easy to knock someone when as already mentioned it's easy to sit in your lounge getting updates.

Maybe if more of us could be bothered to get up and protest about something we profess to care about change could actually be brought about but yet again apathy rules and I include myself in that.

Will it take us to get relegated again or come close to it to actually get out our armchairs or have we accepted this is our lot.

Stop going to games. That's the most effective way to protest.

But folk won't make that sacrifice.

Far easier to make silly banners and shout at the board as they walk past.

Spike Mandela
09-11-2011, 09:33 AM
Stop going to games. That's the most effective way to protest.

But folk won't make that sacrifice.

Far easier to make silly banners and shout at the board as they walk past.

I would suggest several thousand fans have already made that sacrifice.

frazeHFC
09-11-2011, 09:34 AM
300 :hmmm: Nice to see they all made the effort last night! :greengrin

HibeeMG
09-11-2011, 09:40 AM
300 :hmmm: Nice to see they all made the effort last night! :greengrin

Another way to make an effort would be to actually set up the website they are promoting on their banner. :greengrin

In one sense I find them laughable, while on another, I am annoyed that they have taken this ridiculous protest in front of the TV cameras.

bingo70
09-11-2011, 09:43 AM
They looked a little stupid on the telly last night, but i suppose every protest group has to start somewhere. And if they are to grow, then that will surely happen over the next few days and weeks. If not they will fold and slip into the past, never to be remembered.

At least they had the balls to get off their ***** and do something they felt was right. Others and i include myself in this, have felt angry as they do, but have done nothing.

They need to be handled better, and any protest needs to be done better. Those who feel angry, and have a bit more savy on how to get that point across better, could do a lot worse and help those lads and lasses.

Nothings changed, they need reminding.

I don't disagree with you, good on them for doing something about 'it'.

What specifically are they protesting for though? Is it just for more money to be spent? (if so aint going to happen, we just need to spend our money better)

If it's change in the boardroom have they got what they wanted with the restructure a few months ago and RP not now taking a wage?

Is it to just to get rid of STF and RP, if so who buys them out? they own the club so can't just sack them like they're a manager.

Not against the idea of change at all but i'm not sure whats on the table here

basehibby
09-11-2011, 10:21 AM
I don't see why anyone finds this protest group embarrassing/ridiculous or tries to belittle their claims of representing a section of the support. I think it's probably fair to say that for every one of these guys who've made the effort to stand outside the stadium on a Tue night there's probably at least 10 others who share their views.

Personally I value Petrie's contribution to Hibs very highly, but that doesn't mean a vastly underperforming club which will shortly appoint it's fifth manager in five years shouldn't be looking VERY closely at it's approach and methodollogy for running the football team. Petrie has had a large part to play during this decline so it's right that his role in it should be under the microscope and the protests will go some way to ensuring that happens. But does that mean RP should be discarded along with all his experience, dedication and expertise? Not in my opinion - not unless there's a clearly capable candidate ready to take his place and I'm not aware of any such person waiting in the wings.

HibeeMG
09-11-2011, 10:33 AM
I don't see why anyone finds this protest group embarrassing/ridiculous or tries to belittle their claims of representing a section of the support. I think it's probably fair to say that for every one of these guys who've made the effort to stand outside the stadium on a Tue night there's probably at least 10 others who share their views.

Personally I value Petrie's contribution to Hibs very highly, but that doesn't mean a vastly underperforming club which will shortly appoint it's fifth manager in five years shouldn't be looking VERY closely at it's approach and methodollogy for running the football team. Petrie has had a large part to play during this decline so it's right that his role in it should be under the microscope and the protests will go some way to ensuring that happens. But does that mean RP should be discarded along with all his experience, dedication and expertise? Not in my opinion - not unless there's a clearly capable candidate ready to take his place and I'm not aware of any such person waiting in the wings.

Have you read the quotes from the article in post 1?

Petrie to go. Gone. Out the door. No hint of why things would be better. ======= embarrassing

STF to go if he doesn't open his wallet. ======= embarrassing

The ex-players quote along with an arbitrary number of fans ======== embarrassing

Having a banner made showing a website address that doesn't exist ======== embarrassing

I think you be hard pushed to find 120 people that think STF should walk away if he isn't going to put any more money into the club than he already does.

I have no problem with people trying to force change. I do think that jumping straight into an ill-conceived protest is ridiculous though. Have these people not tried other avenues first?

iwasthere1972
09-11-2011, 12:11 PM
If I had been the organiser of this so called protest I would have slipped away quietly at 7.05pm and hoped that we weren't noticed. Re-emerging when I had rallied all the troops (including the 2 ex players that were mentioned) and got in more dugs to keep wee shep occupied. I would have also made sure that the website was up and running and had more hits than Bob the Builder.

You know it makes sense.

lyonhibs
09-11-2011, 12:27 PM
I would suggest several thousand fans have already made that sacrifice.

I would furthermore suggest that due to the crushing and continuing drudgery of forking out £££ to watch Hibs defend like a bunch of schoolkids playing dodgeball, those several thousand fans don't see not turning up as a "sacrifice" at all.

In these economic times, especially for families w/ kids, Hibs are going to be low on the list people's priorities, and the board/new manager have one helluva job on their hands to reverse that.

Geo_1875
09-11-2011, 07:47 PM

I don't think you can claim that they have the support of 10 times their number unless they were all protesting at the South Stand.
Anyway, I'd take issue with their name on a couple of points. Firstly, shouldn't they be called Hibsfansforchange or even Hibeesforchange. Secondly, would it meet their requirements if Sir Tom sold of the assets, put us hugely in debt and we went down the tubes, or is it specifically positive change they are looking for?

Future17
09-11-2011, 10:20 PM
I've no problem with people protesting. However, they have to make it clear what they want to achieve and how they propose to achieve it. Otherwise it just comes across as a group of angry folk with a childlike understanding of the business-side of a football club.

500miles
10-11-2011, 05:30 AM
Just saw the protest on BBC News. Seems to have got a bit out of hand the other night.

http://www.bitbroken.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Fatther-Ted-down-with-this-sort-of-thing.jpg