PDA

View Full Version : the way forward

mcfly
08-11-2011, 10:18 PM
The AGM is over, the fans have let the board know their concerns, the board are fully aware of the concerns and they know they MUST get the right man this time for the manager.

Id like to see no more demonstrations, full backing for the team at the next home game and get the win we desperately need.

As ive seen on other threads the players appear nervous at home to make mistakes in case they get grief from us, we must get behind them and encourage them the whole 90 mins.

The board are fully aware we need to improve, i am certain new and better players will arrive in jan.

Lets have a big home attendance for the next game and get right behind the team.

Bad Martini
09-11-2011, 12:58 AM
I take it the vicious circle irony is lost here?

The very reason folk ARE so pissed off and getting on players backs is because of hearing the need to follow this same, boring, repetitive cyclic ritual of doing our bit. The problem doesnt lie in the stands, it stands on the park, sits in the dugout and haunts the boardroom. It takes two to tango and some overpaid players and HFC staff need a boot up the arse and remember they are paid far more than the average fan is (who ironically pays THEIR wages for them to serve up the pish situation we're in now).

The problem will never lie in the stands...its a contradition in terms. Even knowing full well how sheite we are and how pish our fitba is, most of us go along in the vein hope something will change. It rarely does but the whole transitional period pish and getting blind faith behind the team is wearing thin on many. Hence gates being down, income being down and Hibs fans being down with Hibs.

Nobody WANTS to be down and pissed off with our club...or at least, the sane amoungst us dont.

This said, we'll all be the first to give the next manager a chance and the board and the team a chance. But they NEED to repay that, and fast as the ball is squarely in their court and right now, the punters need something in return ... the only constant since 1875 has been the punters pitching up to follow and support the team, regardless.

In my, most humble and considered opinion mind....

rossi
09-11-2011, 03:08 AM
Hibs are famous for the fans being ready to get on the players backs. If we were third in the league at present a large section of the "support" would still find something to be disgruntled about. I've always thought that's why a lot of people come to ER. The Hamilton manager said last season how much they liked coming to ER because if hibs weren't 3 up by half time the home fans turned on the home team which is always great for the away team.
I know this last year has been terrible, but let's not try to pretend that the Hibs crowd, usually positive and supportive, have been driven to boo and abuse the players and coaching staff by these poor performances. When things were going well under Mcleish and Mowbray there were plenty of people always ready to be negative and get on the case of whoever the current scapegoat was.