PDA

View Full Version : 8 Managers in 10 Years Can't Be Wrong

Phil D. Rolls
08-11-2011, 05:26 PM
Just saw this banner on Scotland Today. So there was nothing wrong with the managers then, is that what they are saying. And if there was nothing wrong with the managers then what's the problem with Petrie?

You worry when people like this take it on themselves to speak for the fans. Surely their banner would have been better saying "8 managers in 10 years can't be right". Still their anoraks were quite smart.

We are getting like the Yams.

Captain Trips
08-11-2011, 05:30 PM
I think it is a bit of both, some of the managers where not that good and RP isnt up to much when the talk is of football and not selling. RP has to go so not involved with next manager.

NOLA
08-11-2011, 05:31 PM
the sack the board chant was a bit offkey :wink:

Hibercelona
08-11-2011, 05:33 PM
We've had more managers in 10 years that there are protesters outside Easter Road. :agree:

Phil D. Rolls
08-11-2011, 05:55 PM
We've had more managers in 10 years that there are protesters outside Easter Road. :agree:

:faf:

And ironically that appears to be the average age of the demonstrators.

FitbaFolkKen
08-11-2011, 05:56 PM
All this focus on get Petrie out seems totally misguided to me.....the club seem to have been doing everything possible to play down Rod's role in the club and yet a vast majority still see him as the most important person. Now either the club are telling fibs or these folk don't understand the hierarchy, probably a mixture :wink:.

To be honest I don't care who is on the board, the most important thing is to get the right man in charge of team affairs.

Hibercelona
08-11-2011, 05:59 PM
:faf:

And ironically that appears to be the average age of the demonstrators.

:agree:

A complimentary 5 quid off the next Hibs strip and a pat on the back and they'll be off home...

sesoim
08-11-2011, 06:06 PM
All this focus on get Petrie out seems totally misguided to me.....the club seem to have been doing everything possible to play down Rod's role in the club and yet a vast majority still see him as the most important person. Now either the club are telling fibs or these folk don't understand the hierarchy, probably a mixture :wink:.

To be honest I don't care who is on the board, the most important thing is to get the right man in charge of team affairs.

I agree, but unfortunately it is the board that makes the appointments, and if they keep on getting it wrong....

The Falcon
08-11-2011, 06:13 PM
I think it is a bit of both, some of the managers where not that good and RP isnt up to much when the talk is of football and not selling. RP has to go so not involved with next manager.

In the SPL only two managers have been at their club more than two years. Seven of the clubs have had a manager in place less than a year. I am not sure its just us, although it feels like it.

FitbaFolkKen
08-11-2011, 06:29 PM
I agree, but unfortunately it is the board that makes the appointments, and if they keep on getting it wrong....

To be honest though every appointment has been greeted with a bit of excitement and expectation. The last 3 all looked as though they could do a decent job, 2 of them with Hibs connections. The support in general welcomed them and yet they all did a poor job, financially they have been backed above what was achieved, with the exception of Hughes who hit 4th.

On the surface they don't look like wrong appointments but clearly they have not worked out.

Phil D. Rolls
08-11-2011, 07:52 PM
To be honest though every appointment has been greeted with a bit of excitement and expectation. The last 3 all looked as though they could do a decent job, 2 of them with Hibs connections. The support in general welcomed them and yet they all did a poor job, financially they have been backed above what was achieved, with the exception of Hughes who hit 4th.

On the surface they don't look like wrong appointments but clearly they have not worked out.

So the supporters judgement isn't that great either? In which case, perhaps they should think twice before telling the club they are useless.

FitbaFolkKen
08-11-2011, 07:58 PM
So the supporters judgement isn't that great either? In which case, perhaps they should think twice before telling the club they are useless.

Yup I would agree, I don't think the board deserved to be villified. We could be under far worse stewardship.

Phil D. Rolls
08-11-2011, 08:07 PM
Yup I would agree, I don't think the board deserved to be villified. We could be under far worse stewardship.

tbh I'm not commenting on the board - just how poor this protest is. The Yams know how to do these things right, and you wouldn't see them farting about with a plastic banner. It would be tanks and a campaign planned with military efficiency. These fuds haven't even told people what they are going to do in an open letter first.

Looks like we've learned nothing from our big neighbours. Sadly our chances of emulating their Champions League success don't look like they are going to happen.