PDA

View Full Version : If you were offered the Hibernian managers job what would you like to do?

Chibs
08-11-2011, 02:10 PM
First of all you are on a limited budget, so no signing 30 20 10 5 1 million pound players.

For me this season is a write off and we may as well blood as many youngsters as possible and try to

avoid relegation.

Basically a clear out of the duds that wear famous Hibs strip with no passion skill or honour.

PS Under no circumstence can the fatjambo basta be quoted for this job.

blackpoolhibs
08-11-2011, 02:14 PM
I'd ban one fan, just to really annoy him. :na na:

smurf
First of all make sure I actually am the manager.

matty_f
I'd blame Rod Petrie.

matty_f
08-11-2011, 02:18 PM
First of all make sure I actually am the manager.

Who would you ask, like?

In my head, this is the conversation:

Smurf - Eh, Rod, am I actually gaffer.

Rod - Aye. Why.

Smurf - Just checking. First thing I do when I take a managerial role is check I am the manager.

Rod - What do you mean by that?

Smurf - Well, I might not be the manager.

Rod - What are you not managing?

Smurf - The whole club.

Rod - Do you think you could manage to run this baby on your own, likes?

Smurf - RESPECT MA AUTHOURITAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Scouse Hibee
08-11-2011, 02:18 PM

What! Surely you would appoint him as your number two and then sit back with feet up and watch it all come together under his expert guidance.

Golden Bear
08-11-2011, 02:21 PM
Install pride, increase fitness levels and introduce a strict code of conduct.

And oh aye --- ball retention from our own throw ins.

Steve20
08-11-2011, 02:27 PM
I'd bring back Konte. :greengrin

steakbake
08-11-2011, 02:31 PM
One thing would be to set up a clear code of conduct for playing staff effective for the season.

SquashedFrogg
08-11-2011, 02:35 PM
Introduce the players to each other.

SquashedFrogg
08-11-2011, 02:37 PM
Offer £2m for Naismith

SquashedFrogg
08-11-2011, 02:39 PM
Check the date of next years agm

blackpoolhibs
08-11-2011, 02:43 PM

:faf::faf::faf::top marks

Hibbyradge
08-11-2011, 02:47 PM
Get rid of Palsson and buy at least 2 dependable central defenders. One of them possibly from Hearts. :wink:

Hibbyradge
08-11-2011, 02:48 PM

Nice one!

iwasthere1972
08-11-2011, 02:54 PM
I'd sack Tam McCourt as he obviously hasn't been pulling his weight for he past few years and must now be a Hibs jinx. The fact that he stills owes me a gobstopper from 1966 when he lived next door to me has nothing to do with it.

Keith_M
08-11-2011, 02:54 PM

For me this season is a write off

Copyright Hibernian FC, 2007 - 20??

PISTOL1875
08-11-2011, 02:55 PM
First of all , I would start playing players in there right positions....

GreenCastle
08-11-2011, 03:02 PM

:greengrin

I would assess the club from grassroots to the top - the problem is though above the players in the board room which as a manager I can't change.

I would put in a structure where everyone is on the same page and working towards the same goals.

Code of conduct would be strict and that would include our so called big time players setting an example.

I would interact with the community more getting the fans back on side.

I would talk sense to the media and not rubbish like our last two have.

I would work on the basics at East Mains including organisation and how to play the game on the ground.

Finally in January I would add some leaders and players who are hungry - and build a team which is first hard to beat.

.Sean.
08-11-2011, 03:03 PM
I'd first check my other poke of sweeties, then i'd make sure with Rodders that if I secured 4th place and a European berth I wouldn't be hounded out the door.

LeithBoozy
08-11-2011, 03:06 PM
I would stand behind the goal at East Mains with a red-hot branding iron and every time a cross came in and Stack remained static, well you know the rest.:rolleyes:

smurf
08-11-2011, 03:07 PM
Who would you ask, like?

In my head, this is the conversation:

Smurf - Eh, Rod, am I actually gaffer.

Rod - Aye. Why.

Smurf - Just checking. First thing I do when I take a managerial role is check I am the manager.

Rod - What do you mean by that?

Smurf - Well, I might not be the manager.

Rod - What are you not managing?

Smurf - The whole club.

Rod - Do you think you could manage to run this baby on your own, likes?

Smurf - RESPECT MA AUTHOURITAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Unless the manager is in full control he's not in control.

matty_f
08-11-2011, 03:07 PM
I'd first check my other poke of sweeties, then i'd make sure with Rodders that if I secured 4th place and a European berth I wouldn't be hounded out the door. It was the fans that hounded yogi out the door based not on his league finish, but on the pish form for the preceding however many months.

matty_f
08-11-2011, 03:08 PM
Unless the manager is in full control he's not in control.Sounds good but actually that's just nonsense.

truehibernian
08-11-2011, 03:09 PM
Play players in their preferred (and correct) positions, letting them enjoy their football. I often felt that under Hughes and CC, certain players were already a little dejected when played in positions they were not used to, which at this high level, or me is bizarre. I am all for a bit of versatility, but that should only be when the needs arises (injury, suspension, etc).

The captaincy needs addressed IMHO, as this is a crucial position in the club. The link between team, manager and director needs to be there and it needs to be a trusted, valued, but committed player. The arm band is important despite others thinking it's not. It's who the rest of the squad should be looking up to, fearing, wanting to aspire to be, someone who has 'worn the old Terry Butcher blooded bandage'. Think about every great side of recent times......you always remember their captain, doesn't matter what team !

Code of conduct off the field has to be addressed - far too many players are letting themselves and the club down. Card schools, counselling, court cases.......discipline is woeful.

A Director of Football, again for me, is crucial for Hibernian at this time. The football network, from senior team to youth levels, needs to be overseen properly and it has to be structured and managed with a greater degree of care. Scouting needs examined and improved - I say at this time because in the past I have never been a fan of the DOF position. But Hibs are for me in a bad way and have been for a number of years regards this constant flow of managers, players and youth players.

Rod, as great a job as he has done (and he has IMHO), now needs to step aside, relinquish his control, and watch from a distance. It is now quite venomous and bitter, which means that this entrenched view that all things wrong are down to him, infects the whole club top to toe (albeit many of the problems caused are for other reasons).

And on a lighter note, none of these lilac, mint and silly coloured strips. We are Hibernian...we play in green and white. Put away strip colours to the vote of the fans. Believe it or not, players seem to put a great deal of importance on how they look on the pitch. I wouldn't want to look like a human parmaviolet or a the inside of a mint aero......so get that sorted too :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
08-11-2011, 03:09 PM
It was the fans that hounded yogi out the door based not on his league finish, but on the pish form for the preceding however many months.

I'm not sure how pish form is calculated these days Matty, it seems to have changed over the last few months? :confused:

smurf
08-11-2011, 03:16 PM
Sounds good but actually that's just nonsense.

In your opinion.

Any Manager employed today at Easter Road is a manager in less control than in years gone by...

In areas such as contractual matters probably no bad thing. In others I'm not so sure...

SteveHFC
08-11-2011, 03:18 PM
Bring through Caldwell and Handling from Under 19s to first team give them a chance.

Sell Players. Find some Bargains abroad (Belarus, Slovenia etc)

J-C
08-11-2011, 03:20 PM
I'd personally kick a good few butt's and get these lazy good for nothing players fit and healthy as a pro should be, if they winge and moan, drop them until their attitude changes. We need players who are here for Hibs and not just the money as many seem to have been this past 3-4 years.

matty_f
08-11-2011, 03:25 PM
I'm not sure how pish form is calculated these days Matty, it seems to have changed over the last few months? :confused:

Dunno about that, Calderwood's form over the last few months was pish, and it wasn't that different from Yogi's. Ultimately, they both got the heeve-ho.

In your opinion.

Any Manager employed today at Easter Road is a manager in less control than in years gone by...

In areas such as contractual matters probably no bad thing. In others I'm not so sure...

So would you want to do the contractual matters, and if not, in relinquishing control are you then not the manager (in answer to your first post on the thread, and using the definition that unless you're in full control you're not in control.)?

aussie_hibee
08-11-2011, 03:30 PM
I'd start by having them train twice a day. With the early session heavily focused on fitness and the late session intense small sided games and possession. Each day would finish with body work. Press ups, sit ups, core work. Every Monday there would be an additional 90 minutes where they would sit and watch the weekends game, highlighting the good and bad points. Bring in a code of conduct for both on and off the field. Any breaches would see them with the youth for a week minimum and not playing that week, therefore costing them their appearance fee. Poor performances as a team or poor attitude in a game would have them in at 7am on Sunday morning getting run in to the ground. Injured players will still attend for recovery / treatment. No appearance on the Sunday - see above re: training with youth.

Thecat23
08-11-2011, 03:30 PM
If we lose a game then players will be asked to come in the Sunday to watch the video on what went wrong. A ban on going out if we lose a game. If caught then fined £6 weeks wages.

Back to basics... If players aren't responding in games to training then the whole team will train on a puplic park. That way all the boys will pull in the right direction.

Tell the players to go out and play the game they were brough up to love no matter who we are playing. The ball is there to be used, so use it well and look for it when you don't have it. Support each player and understand every players role at the club and respect it.

silverhibee
08-11-2011, 03:36 PM

:tee hee:

GreenCastle
08-11-2011, 03:39 PM
If we lose a game then players will be asked to come in the Sunday to watch the video on what went wrong. A ban on going out if we lose a game. If caught then fined £6 weeks wages.

Back to basics... If players aren't responding in games to training then the whole team will train on a puplic park. That way all the boys will pull in the right direction.

Tell the players to go out and play the game they were brough up to love no matter who we are playing. The ball is there to be used, so use it well and look for it when you don't have it. Support each player and understand every players role at the club and respect it.

6 quid :wink: But agree with what you say.

An open training session - when was the last time Hibs did one of these ? That wasn't just keep ball - I know in certain countries fans can watch -but obviously the more tactical sessions have to be closed doors.

smurf
08-11-2011, 03:40 PM
Dunno about that, Calderwood's form over the last few months was pish, and it wasn't that different from Yogi's. Ultimately, they both got the heeve-ho.

So would you want to do the contractual matters, and if not, in relinquishing control are you then not the manager (in answer to your first post on the thread, and using the definition that unless you're in full control you're not in control.)?

If I said black was white you would say its grey.... supporters like me that have suggested things stink at our club are asked to pinpoint just what exactly it is. If they don't (because actually nobody can!) then their point of view is shouted down.

You spent all summer defending the board and indeed the guy they appointed and fought to retain.

And yet again we find our club struggling.

We are again changing the manager. We will again change players in huge numbers. With any confidence it will be different from after Mixu, Hughes or CC?

So is it that stupid to challenge and question aspects of our set up? What are the duties and responsibilities of our manager? How does that compare to that of managers at other clubs.

Being in office is one thing. Being in power another...

SquashedFrogg
08-11-2011, 03:54 PM
6 quid :wink: But agree with what you say.

An open training session - when was the last time Hibs did one of these ? That wasn't just keep ball - I know in certain countries fans can watch -but obviously the more tactical sessions have to be closed doors.

I'd make it a tenner but then again I am quite a ruthless kind of guy :agree:

matty_f
08-11-2011, 03:57 PM
If I said black was white you would say its grey.... supporters like me that have suggested things stink at our club are asked to pinpoint just what exactly it is. If they don't (because actually nobody can!) then their point of view is shouted down.

You spent all summer defending the board and indeed the guy they appointed and fought to retain.

And yet again we find our club struggling.

We are again changing the manager. We will again change players in huge numbers. With any confidence it will be different from after Mixu, Hughes or CC?

So is it that stupid to challenge and question aspects of our set up? What are the duties and responsibilities of our manager? How does that compare to that of managers at other clubs.

Being in office is one thing. Being in power another...

You're wrong, I think there needs to be change at the top. I think the board have done a great job in providing a platform for the club to be successful but I do not think they have the skills to realise that success. I think I have been fair both when I criticised and when I defended the board and Calderwood. I'd like to see any posts where I haven't been, or at least haven't been able to back up my point with a tangible reason behind it.

I've also said that things at the club should be challenged, that criticism is healthy even when things are going well but particularly so when they're not. So it's certainly not stupid.

I don't know what the duties and responsibilities of the manager are, which is why I'm loathe to shout my mouth off about who's doing what wrong at the club. I certainly have no idea how those responsibilities rack up against the managers at other clubs. I'd expect that the manager at East Fife, for example, has far more to do with the club than our manager or that of other SPL sides that can afford to employ people to ease the burden and in doing so allow the manager to concentrate on his main priority which is the first team.

Again, you finish with hyperbole which is pretty meaningless in this debate, and I note that you didn't answer the question I raised.

FWIW, I think there are problems at the club, I've said as much and that is why I think there should be change. That said, the board have also recognised and publicly acknowledged that the set up was wrong and so set about a change in strategy and set up that has been communicated with the fans. It is too early, IMHO, for those changes to have had much in the way of impact, so while I think that a change would be good, I also think that an argument can be made to allow those changes to work and in doing so give the board more time.

EasterRoad4Ever
08-11-2011, 03:58 PM
Make the most of all the rich resources we have at Hibs, punch at our weight, and compete effectively for the Cups and Derby matches. That's it.

PatHead
08-11-2011, 03:58 PM
I'd start by having them train twice a day. With the early session heavily focused on fitness and the late session intense small sided games and possession. Each day would finish with body work. Press ups, sit ups, core work. Every Monday there would be an additional 90 minutes where they would sit and watch the weekends game, highlighting the good and bad points. Bring in a code of conduct for both on and off the field. Any breaches would see them with the youth for a week minimum and not playing that week, therefore costing them their appearance fee. Poor performances as a team or poor attitude in a game would have them in at 7am on Sunday morning getting run in to the ground. Injured players will still attend for recovery / treatment. No appearance on the Sunday - see above re: training with youth.

What about the extra training required to keep possession from a throw in, free kick and to actually score from the odd corner!!!!!!!!!!!

smurf
08-11-2011, 04:02 PM
You're wrong, I think there needs to be change at the top. I think the board have done a great job in providing a platform for the club to be successful but I do not think they have the skills to realise that success. I think I have been fair both when I criticised and when I defended the board and Calderwood. I'd like to see any posts where I haven't been, or at least haven't been able to back up my point with a tangible reason behind it.

I've also said that things at the club should be challenged, that criticism is healthy even when things are going well but particularly so when they're not. So it's certainly not stupid.

I don't know what the duties and responsibilities of the manager are, which is why I'm loathe to shout my mouth off about who's doing what wrong at the club. I certainly have no idea how those responsibilities rack up against the managers at other clubs. I'd expect that the manager at East Fife, for example, has far more to do with the club than our manager or that of other SPL sides that can afford to employ people to ease the burden and in doing so allow the manager to concentrate on his main priority which is the first team.

Again, you finish with hyperbole which is pretty meaningless in this debate, and I note that you didn't answer the question I raised.

FWIW, I think there are problems at the club, I've said as much and that is why I think there should be change. That said, the board have also recognised and publicly acknowledged that the set up was wrong and so set about a change in strategy and set up that has been communicated with the fans. It is too early, IMHO, for those changes to have had much in the way of impact, so while I think that a change would be good, I also think that an argument can be made to allow those changes to work and in doing so give the board more time.

Hyperbole is what I'm accused of but I would accuse you of not being specific.

You say that you want change at the top. What change?

matty_f
08-11-2011, 04:15 PM
Hyperbole is what I'm accused of but I would accuse you of not being specific.

You say that you want change at the top. What change?

As I mentioned in my post, there has already been change and I welcome that.

However if you want a specific then I would say that I want to see Petrie step down and be replaced by someone who can spearhead the club by being a bit more bullish in the demands. We're too coy, too nice, and too vague about our targets. Top half finishes and European football, with cup runs is what we're told are the targets - well let's get someone in that has a vision beyond that. Third place finish as the minimum target, with the actual target being the league title. Unrealistic? Maybe, but nobody ever achieved anything in life by aiming for fourth. The Scottish Cup should be a named objective.

The club needs galvanised. We are stale and mediocre, and to use hyperbole myself, familiarity has bred contempt - contempt from the players and from the fans. Nobody at the club looks at all like they want to be successful. That's something that someone inspirational and talented can rectify at the very top of the club.

That's what I would ask for.

blackpoolhibs
08-11-2011, 04:25 PM

I'd say they have been pish since he arrived.

smurf
08-11-2011, 04:28 PM

However if you want a specific then I would say that I want to see Petrie step down and be replaced by someone who can spearhead the club by being a bit more bullish in the demands. We're too coy, too nice, and too vague about our targets. Top half finishes and European football, with cup runs is what we're told are the targets - well let's get someone in that has a vision beyond that. Third place finish as the minimum target, with the actual target being the league title. Unrealistic? Maybe, but nobody ever achieved anything in life by aiming for fourth. The Scottish Cup should be a named objective.

The club needs galvanised. We are stale and mediocre, and to use hyperbole myself, familiarity has bred contempt - contempt from the players and from the fans. Nobody at the club looks at all like they want to be successful. That's something that someone inspirational and talented can rectify at the very top of the club.

Agreed. As I've long said we are a club without leadership.

GreenPJ
08-11-2011, 04:32 PM

That comes at a price so vision is all well and good but if as a board you won't or can't meet that investment to reach that vision you are already setting the manager to fail.

matty_f
08-11-2011, 04:34 PM
Agreed. As I've long said we are a club without leadership.

I think that's the case now, but I don't think that's always been the case. The board have had (IMHO) a clear vision of how they want the club to look. Petrie and co have led the club through hard times and through unpopular decisions to arrive at the point where the infrastructure could be described as complete, and the club has the look and feel of a top SPL side.

The leadership that is lacking is recent, and it's in being able to lead the team to realise the success that the platform they've built should bring.

Hamish
08-11-2011, 04:37 PM

Let it go JC. You had your chance.:greengrin

hibsbollah
08-11-2011, 04:38 PM
I'd bring back Konte. :greengrin

That would guarantee to bring the entertainment back to ER :flag:

matty_f
08-11-2011, 04:48 PM
That comes at a price so vision is all well and good but if as a board you won't or can't meet that investment to reach that vision you are already setting the manager to fail.

I disagree. 1st place isn't impossible, neither is 2nd, and certainly not third. Nor is a cup win, or European football, or even entertaining football. The board have to find a manager with the qualities, and the confidence in his own abilities, to be able to over-achieve with the squad of players that he has. He has to be able to instill a belief in the players that they are good enough to win the league and he has to be tactically astute enough to give them a platform to do it.

It's difficult, but not impossible. If it was simply about finance we wouldn't be in 10th place and we'd never lose at home to Dunfermline. Michael O'Neill has a far inferior budget to either of the Old Firm, but there he is with his unfancied Irish team, in the group stages of the Europa League - a feat neither of the Old Firm managed.

Gordon Strachan took his Celtc side to consecutive last 16 of the Champions League placings, at the expense of teams with significantly higher budgets.

It's all possible but it needs the right blend of skills, talent, desire, ambition, and luck.

The problem we have (and this is exactly why I think we need to address the vision from the top) is that we look for managers that aim to be 'best of the rest'. To reach semi-finals and the qualifying stages of European competition. In essence, we're average because our ambitions are not ambitious, they're expectations. When you fall short of an ambition you might still meet your expectation. When you fall short of your expectations, you find yourself a point off the bottom of the league.

down the slope
08-11-2011, 04:49 PM
I don't know what hyperbole means !!

Hamish
08-11-2011, 04:54 PM

It's a posh word for exaggeration

GreenPJ
08-11-2011, 04:59 PM
I disagree. 1st place isn't impossible, neither is 2nd, and certainly not third. Nor is a cup win, or European football, or even entertaining football. The board have to find a manager with the qualities, and the confidence in his own abilities, to be able to over-achieve with the squad of players that he has. He has to be able to instill a belief in the players that they are good enough to win the league and he has to be tactically astute enough to give them a platform to do it.

It's difficult, but not impossible. If it was simply about finance we wouldn't be in 10th place and we'd never lose at home to Dunfermline. Michael O'Neill has a far inferior budget to either of the Old Firm, but there he is with his unfancied Irish team, in the group stages of the Europa League - a feat neither of the Old Firm managed.

Gordon Strachan took his Celtc side to consecutive last 16 of the Champions League placings, at the expense of teams with significantly higher budgets.

It's all possible but it needs the right blend of skills, talent, desire, ambition, and luck.

The problem we have (and this is exactly why I think we need to address the vision from the top) is that we look for managers that aim to be 'best of the rest'. To reach semi-finals and the qualifying stages of European competition. In essence, we're average because our ambitions are not ambitious, they're expectations. When you fall short of an ambition you might still meet your expectation. When you fall short of your expectations, you find yourself a point off the bottom of the league.

Am not suggesting 1st or 2nd is impossible, however, can you hand on heart saying that even with a manager who could get 120% out of players that the squads we have had for the last 2-3 seasons would have been able to achieve that goal.

Hibby70
08-11-2011, 05:05 PM
I'd spit on Stack's back then blame Rod Petrie

matty_f
08-11-2011, 05:12 PM
Am not suggesting 1st or 2nd is impossible, however, can you hand on heart saying that even with a manager who could get 120% out of players that the squads we have had for the last 2-3 seasons would have been able to achieve that goal.

Yogi got 4th place with barely a win past February, and up until then we'd been competing right at the top of the table so it's not that far a jump in imagination to suggest that a better manager could have sustained that level of performance for long enough to challenge.

The problem is we'll never know. Challenging for the title was never an ambition though - the circumstances I outlined above were never present so we can't say with any certainty if we could have.

Tell you one thing though, that manager would have likely seen us get past Ayr, or Ross County and closer to a cup win, and they'd have skooshed third if they were getting 100% (120% isn't possible :greengrin) out of that pool of players regularly. So even if we'd fallen short of a league win I think everyone to a man would have been happy with the season we'd had.

hibee81
09-11-2011, 09:43 AM
I would ensure the players are football fit, its all good and well being fit, but it needs to be football specific. Ensure they know how to retain the ball, and if given away, make sure they are aware that they need to get it back (football specific fitness would again come into this)Make them play football the way football is meant to be played, not punt and chase or hope they manage to retrieve it. If football was meant to be played in the air then that would be a specticle in its self.A decent footballer can be changed to be a good footballer purely by working on there weaknesses day in day out (find out what they percieve to be their weaknesses), this doesnt seem to be happening imo at hibs and the team are just hoping it all comes good on match days. ensure the team are comfertable playing the way i want, if not open for suggestions and work on them, its not hard!!!!!!Again as said before a code of conduct needs to be in place, if broken they will never do it again ( might seem harsh but thats the way it goes, take it or leave it).these are just basic things that i think would change what is happening at easter road, it might already be happening but from what ive seen it doesnt look like it.

Hainan Hibs
09-11-2011, 09:58 AM
As well as other things mentioned in the thread, I would install TV screens around ER and East Mains with "Hibernian FC : The team that wouldn't die" on continuous play. If that doesn't install a bit of passion and respect for the club I don't know what will.

IWasThere2016
09-11-2011, 10:02 AM

:faf: :top marks

TrickyNicky
09-11-2011, 10:38 AM
I would bring my desk from home into my office.
I would have players names as well as numbers printed on their shirts.
I would make Wednesdays " Vegetarian Meals Day " at East Mains.
I would give out " my son was player of the week " stickers for players parents cars.
i would put my desk up on a platform like a pharmacist .
I would invite Mr and Mrs Petrie over for dinner and I would cook.
I would invite one fan per week to sit in the dugout with me.
I would have GPS chips installed in all of the players.
I would rob Yogi's house.
I would ask Fyfe Hyland if that is his real name.
I would wear a top hat and tails on match day.
I would have Recarro racing seats in the dugout.
I would make all players participate in Movember.
I would do a Hibs topless models calendar and there would be a signing.
I would bring back " The Sway ".
I would have two assistants and they would both be Sammy Lee.
I would only train indoors.
I would make players wear football boots as if they were normal shoes.
i would ask my friend Sir Elton John to do a gig at Easter Road to raise funds for my transfer kitty.
I would have a team bonding session where we stole all of Jim Jeffries' washing off the line and the following morning scold the players for bringing the club into disrepute and have them personally return all items of clothing to him within three working days.
i would win 5 matches in a row, then two draws and a loss and then 5 more in a row - I only work on financial quarters.

basehibby
09-11-2011, 11:47 AM
I would impose a ban on ANY Hibs player going out for a drink either the night before any game or the night after any game they had failed to win - would back that up by hiring a PI and would impose a fine of 1 week's wages for anyone caught with no exceptions.

Captain Trips
09-11-2011, 11:52 AM

We have disagreed on a fair few things but I agree with most of that, I think Petrie has got to step aside, his and those about him have made to many bad calls over last 18mths really to suggest they are what is needed to go forward, those bad calls have lost us money at gates and set us back in time.

Hibercelona
09-11-2011, 12:10 PM
I'd bring in more wage thieving dross and tell you lot to go to the cinema. :na na:

cwilliamson85
09-11-2011, 12:14 PM
If I was manager of Hibs I would make sure every player put the all into it every day / game. If they didn’t a strict rule of average player ratings from press and club officials would mean docking wages and given to charity.
If they don’t like it they can get released from there contract and told to jog on out the door and be a waste of time somewhere else.

If any players / staff break the rules of conduct and cannot give a reason why they have broken these they can again go somewhere else.

Give the fans the opportunity to watch training sessions for free. Works well in Spain and gives the players and fans a bit of togetherness.

Offer free tickets to local charities / schools to get bums on seats. Yes it’s a free ticket but once they are there they will spend on food drink and merchandise.

greenlex
09-11-2011, 12:15 PM
I would call for STF to immediately fire everyone involved in the selection process.

Phil MaGlass
09-11-2011, 12:21 PM
Trickynicky
"I would bring back " The Sway ".

absolutely...

I would also bring back 70,s tracksuits for myself and the subs, with trackie bottoms tucked intae white socks (like what they still have at hertz).
Id tell the players just who is boss, in no uncertain terms, its my way or the f,n highway, and if its the highway yir erse will be personally booted oot the door by masel.

Bostonhibby
09-11-2011, 10:35 PM
One thing would be to set up a clear code of conduct for playing staff effective for the season.

:agree: And switch training to Gullane for 5 days a week, fitness is not good compared to some of the sides we are up against, Use EM for car boots or turn it into a cinema where we get some measurable benefit :wink:

Bostonhibby
09-11-2011, 10:41 PM

:confused: I thought it was an Eastern European manager or a giant bowl.

I would like the players to be alert, we are in so much ****** at the moment we need every Lert we can get.

ginger_rice
09-11-2011, 10:43 PM
I'd bring in an immediate pudding ban, and remove Rods home address and mobile number from all player accessible areas.

yekimevol
10-11-2011, 12:10 PM
actually analyse the squad.

under the last to managers they have brought in players but not the players the squad need. i.e. no full backs, no left midfielders.

play basic football

4-4-2 short passing full backs willing to go past the wide midfielders (crossing from the line). one attack minded cm one defensive and a big and tall partnership up top i.e. gazza and leigh.
defence - just clear the ball dont try and play it out from the back but when you clear it attempt to hit the tall striker or put it out of play away from danger.

east mains
players have breakfast and lunch together. with a nutritionist working on good meals.
if we play once a week on a Saturday this schedule
monday - morning the physical training - afternoon analyse
tuesday - more of the physical training - afternoon working on technique, positioning set pieces
wednesday - off
thursday - more of the the physical training - afternoon working on technique, positioning and set pieces
friday - match prep - look at opponents highlights work on areas that the opponents are good at and we are weak on.

If you look at the likes of motherwell, ICT (last season), killie and st mirrien this season to an extent they have spent the same as us or well on players but have done all of these things well more so the analyzing the squad and making it better than say signing liam miller when we had other positions the cm that were needing players. or the goalkeeping school or at one point hughes had 6 strikers in

AgentDaleCooper
10-11-2011, 04:07 PM
Bring through Caldwell and Handling from Under 19s to first team give them a chance.

Sell Players. Find some Bargains abroad (Belarus, Slovenia etc)

buy kim kallstrom, stefan selakovic and tijjani babangida, they usually go pretty cheap but you need to get in before the bigger clubs do. also, you can get total bargains from shakhtar, okoronkwo is a machine!

Dashing Bob S
10-11-2011, 04:22 PM
1. Show the players who is boss by demonstrating my six-pack and showing them I could still do more push-ups than them.

2. Go into a depressed funk and dream of reindeers.

3. Shout loudly at the players and berate them in public, while slavering to the media about what great guys they are and explaining how I always wear my heart on my sleeve.

4. Sit daydreaming of the Engerlish Midderlands.

Combine all those qualities and you'll have the perfect manager. And the thing is, I can do them all. (Well, maybe not the push-ups.)

PISTOL1875
10-11-2011, 04:40 PM
actually analyse the squad.

under the last to managers they have brought in players but not the players the squad need. i.e. no full backs, no left midfielders.

play basic football

4-4-2 short passing full backs willing to go past the wide midfielders (crossing from the line). one attack minded cm one defensive and a big and tall partnership up top i.e. gazza and leigh.
defence - just clear the ball dont try and play it out from the back but when you clear it attempt to hit the tall striker or put it out of play away from danger.

east mains
players have breakfast and lunch together. with a nutritionist working on good meals.
if we play once a week on a Saturday this schedule
monday - morning the physical training - afternoon analyse
tuesday - more of the physical training - afternoon working on technique, positioning set pieces
wednesday - off
thursday - more of the the physical training - afternoon working on technique, positioning and set pieces
friday - match prep - look at opponents highlights work on areas that the opponents are good at and we are weak on.

If you look at the likes of motherwell, ICT (last season), killie and st mirrien this season to an extent they have spent the same as us or well on players but have done all of these things well more so the analyzing the squad and making it better than say signing liam miller when we had other positions the cm that were needing players. or the goalkeeping school or at one point hughes had 6 strikers in

Championship manager is a totally fantastic game isn't it Mikey ??? :top marks:top marks

PISTOL1875
10-11-2011, 04:42 PM
buy kim kallstrom, stefan selakovic and tijjani babangida, they usually go pretty cheap but you need to get in before the bigger clubs do. also, you can get total bargains from shakhtar, okoronkwo is a machine!

What version of Champ Man does that come from ??

If it is 01/02 then you go for Shane Tolley at Peterborough.. Get him for around £1m and goes onto be amazing...

edinburghhibee
10-11-2011, 05:02 PM
Firstly like many on here have stated I would install a strict code of conduct for everyone at the club, from players to staff and thereafter inform them that if they weren't happy with the new rules january's window is only a few months away so better get your form up so teams recognise you. Then employ a fitness coach to come in two days a week, defensive coach, midfield coach and and attacking coach who work with the boys day in day out and are singing of the same page.

Secondly double training sessions until the form picks up or the performances improve, TM wouldn't tell the players what they were coming in for when they turned up, whether it be fitness, organisation, team building... this seemed to work well and the players enjoyed this, so I'd do this also.

First thing in january get some decent seasoned defenders even if they are only gonna be here a season or so that would give me a year to find a replacement first on the list would be Corrigan/Wright both very rarely put a foot wrong for motherwell or st johnstone/kilmarnock. Sign some full backs Hammel/McCann both solid no nonsense full backs. We need to be harder to score against we make it so easy for any team who do there homework.

Next organisation everyone knows we are shocking at defending crosses yet we constantly allow teams to do it to us, it would be great to see the stats on how many goals we have lost this season to balls comming in from wide areas. Like Budgie said in his book push the players into the centre and let then shoot from long range or play through you, I believe Stack/Brown will save 9/10, and i don't believe many teams in the spl have the ability to play through each other.

Throw-ins why are we persisting with throwing the ball right up the line everytime? I was taught that at primary school!! we need to begin working together, two run towards the thrower and spin off another drops into the space recieves the ball and gives the thrower the ball back to feet its simple stuff.

I could go on all night but i'm sure you've all got my point everything at this great club needs changed from top to bottom. Keep the head up though this manager will be the one!

:flag::aok::flag:

yekimevol
10-11-2011, 06:06 PM
Championship manager is a totally fantastic game isn't it Mikey ??? :top marks:top marks

nope its a bloody awful game :P

i mean we go out there and sign players every window. But the squad has not been balanced in a long time probably mogga or collins. we have not had a proper left back since murphy left, now we have a kid who could be even better in booth but yet we go and sign more center midfielders in that period of time than fat jim has had pies. were is the basic logic.

i dont care if we play long ball football or short just get me something that works, both do with the right squads and we have had managers that have never attempted to even bring in average spl players to the weakened areas of the team.

as for the east mains bit - when Steven Fletcher left he said hibs trained for 3 hours a day and that was that. but at burnley they would do that + 2 hours of technique and Tactical work. fare enough Fletcher went to a higher league with more pay but ours gets enough pay to act like professionals