PDA

View Full Version : chris hughton to land target

deek1875
08-11-2011, 01:56 PM
Brfc (forums) website. No shock there then. Your welcome to him

smurf
08-11-2011, 01:58 PM
Great news if true. Much less compensation to be paid out...

Billy Whizz
08-11-2011, 02:00 PM
Why didn't we go down this road in the summer

Greentinted
08-11-2011, 02:07 PM
Very difficult to establish conclusively but it would be more than disappointing if he has deliberately engineered this move by abusing us.

Beefster
08-11-2011, 02:10 PM
Very difficult to establish conclusively but it would be more than disappointing if he has deliberately engineered this move by abusing us.

Abusing us how? Were the players in on it? If he had wanted to go, Hibs wouldn't have held onto him in the summer.

Delboy4
08-11-2011, 02:12 PM

Agree...the Q I have to ask is why has Chris Hughton not brought on board another Asst manager in all this time?

Maybe CC couldn't believe he has been given all this time at Hibs! :rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
08-11-2011, 02:15 PM
If this saves us money, then hurry up and sign ya clueless trumpet.

Greentinted
08-11-2011, 02:22 PM
Abusing us how? Were the players in on it? If he had wanted to go, Hibs wouldn't have held onto him in the summer.

Abusing us in the sense of not really giving a toss and going through the motions. We all speculate about what goes on behind the scenes but a team manager/first team coach should at the very least have a notion as to his strongest starting eleven (with positions and tactics and stuff).

Prawn Sandwich
08-11-2011, 02:26 PM
http://www.birminghammail.net/birmingham-sport/birmingham-city-fc/birmingham-city-fc-news/2011/11/08/birmingham-city-ready-to-land-chris-hughton-target-97319-29737651/

Beefster
08-11-2011, 02:26 PM
Abusing us in the sense of not really giving a toss and going through the motions. We all speculate about what goes on behind the scenes but a team manager/first team coach should at the very least have a notion as to his strongest starting eleven (with positions and tactics and stuff).

Calderwood might not be a very good tactician but I'm fairly sure that he wasn't trying to get sacked. You don't win cup games, bring in a decent assistant, get away wins and draws in Glasgow if you're trying to get binned. Like I said, if he had said the word in the summer, Hibs would have let him go.

Jim44
08-11-2011, 02:27 PM
Birmingham must think their birthday and Christmas have arrived at the same time. Three months ago they couldn't/wouldn't pay for his appointment but now they get him gift wrapped on a free platter. Whether he is able to do a job for them is another matter but Hughton doesn't appear to have been deterred by Calderwood's abysmal performance with us. A shocking piece of business by our over-rated Chairman ( or whatever his present title may be).

iwasthere1972
08-11-2011, 02:31 PM
http://www.birminghammail.net/birmingham-sport/birmingham-city-fc/birmingham-city-fc-news/2011/11/08/birmingham-city-ready-to-land-chris-hughton-target-97319-29737651/

He left to take over as Hibernian manager in October 2010, guiding them to tenth in the SPL.

Read More http://www.birminghammail.net/birmingham-sport/birmingham-city-fc/birmingham-city-fc-news/2011/11/08/birmingham-city-ready-to-land-chris-hughton-target-97319-29737651/#ixzz1d7lci79C

They make it sound like he did a decent job. Guiding us to 10th.

If it means that Hibs don't have to fork out any money to CC then good news.

Greentinted
08-11-2011, 02:35 PM
Calderwood might not be a very good tactician but I'm fairly sure that he wasn't trying to get sacked. You don't win cup games, bring in a decent assistant, get away wins and draws in Glasgow if you're trying to get binned. Like I said, if he had said the word in the summer, Hibs would have let him go.

Aye, I'm pretty much in concurrance with that (I did say 'if') but he just seemed to be helluva lacklustre and lackadaisical during his tenure with us, particularly since this season started proper. Maybe if the guys on the park had got together and said "sod this, lets play in our favoured positions and 'give it a right good go' "- (c) J Hughes - they may have salvaged CC's stewardship. But if he (CC) had a insidious agenda, perhaps not.
We'll never know for sure.

It does appear a tad iffy though, being lined up for a job less than 24 hours after being presented with his jotters. Particularly a job he refused to rule out 4 months ago during sweetiegate.

Cabbage East
08-11-2011, 02:36 PM
Guiding us to 10th :faf:

iwasthere1972
08-11-2011, 02:38 PM

Stevie Wonder and David Blunkett could've guided us to 10th. Maybe even higher.

Dan Sarf
08-11-2011, 02:41 PM
Sorry to disagree with those who think he didn't care - or even that he was trying to get the sack. If you saw the desperate, momentary hope in his eyes when we scored the opening goal against Celtc in the cup, you would know how much he wanted to succeed. I think he is a passionate and determined man. But, like many Scots, not too hot at showing it.

GreenPJ
08-11-2011, 02:55 PM
Sorry to disagree with those who think he didn't care - or even that he was trying to get the sack. If you saw the desperate, momentary hope in his eyes when we scored the opening goal against Celtc in the cup, you would know how much he wanted to succeed. I think he is a passionate and determined man. But, like many Scots, not too hot at showing it.

:agree:

The Sea-gull
08-11-2011, 02:57 PM

I am quite sure he wanted to go but do not think he was trying to get the sack. He just wasn't that bothered about getting the sack while he knew there was a job he wanted more there for him.

I think it is a fair assumption that if Hibs had accepted the compo offer in the summer then he would have been away. He probably only stayed because Hibs made it difficult for him to leave and he didn't want to resign as it may have had financial/legal impclications for him.

His comments in the summer did little to inspire belief that he did not want to go back down south to one of the clubs who showed an interest.

Stubborness on the part of our board has done us out of 300k and I, along with many others, find it difficult to believe anything else.

Will rank up there as Petrie's worst decision as a senior figure at Hibs.

Baader
08-11-2011, 03:17 PM
Calderwood didn't even have to try to mess things up and get sacked. It came as second nature to him as a totally inept manager.

Petrie has to answer for knocking back any approach in the summer. Ridiculous decision.

ballengeich
08-11-2011, 04:03 PM

Such a long way from where he found us:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
08-11-2011, 04:10 PM

10th is the new 4th.

HibsMax
08-11-2011, 05:16 PM

They probably think that there are 20 teams in the SPL. LOL.

Jonnyboy
08-11-2011, 07:23 PM

They probably think our Premier League has 22 clubs like the Premiership. Actually he guided us to falling attendances, dismal performances and desperation to get rid :greengrin

lucky
08-11-2011, 07:31 PM
It looks like Rodders has got of lightly again. no compo and rid of CC. He clearly is rated as a coach by some pity he failed miserably at Hibernian.

Hakim Sar
08-11-2011, 07:36 PM
Kevin Calderwood

Bostonhibby
08-11-2011, 07:40 PM
Stevie Wonder and David Blunkett could've guided us to 10th. Maybe even higher.

:greengrin who knows how far he could have continued to "guide" us if only we'd waited 10th?, 12th?.............

lapsedhibee
08-11-2011, 08:41 PM
They probably think our Premier League has 22 clubs like the Premiership.
:hmmm:

HibsMax
08-11-2011, 08:44 PM
It looks like Rodders has got of lightly again. no compo and rid of CC. He clearly is rated as a coach by some pity he failed miserably at Hibernian.

Maybe he didn't get off lightly with anything, maybe this is just the way he planned for things to go should things end up this way? Saying he got off lightly implies that he was lucky. Is that he case?