PDA

View Full Version : Petrie Never Backs Managers - This Is Fact

ryan cass
08-11-2011, 12:49 PM
John Collins tried desperatly to sign Jason Scotland on a Bosman from St Johnstone, Rod Petrie never even made the call Scotland's agent (FACT).

Collins again tried his hardest to sign Leon Best when he was on loan at Yeovil...Where is he now????

The fans just don't relise when he signed Courier on a free that was his 5th choice stiker in the market at that cruical time after selling the core of his squad which added to £9.5 million.

Here's just a few factual points against Rod petrie.

Fans have to wake up as Petrie DOES'T back his managers!!

John Collins also wanted new contracts for Jones, Beuzelin but they recieved offer which leads Collins, Jones and Beuzelin all leaving the club.

John Hughes fact - Signed a contract in summer 2009, went on holiday to Florida and Petrie didnt renew Gordon Marshalls contract against Hughes wish, which ment Hughes didn't even get the opportunity to take a training seesion before he was undermimed by the control freak Petrie, how controlling is this??

If this is what the term 'Backing my manger' my words are "The man lives on a different planet!!".

Who hired the Chief Scout at Easter Road? Not Hughes or Mixu but Rod Petrie himself.

In my oppion the best manager at Hibs at moment in time would Rod Petrie as he obviously is a speciallist in goalkeeping and in scouting.

SteveHFC
08-11-2011, 12:50 PM
and Breath :wink:

Judas Iscariot
08-11-2011, 12:51 PM
Grass is green - FACT

H18sry
08-11-2011, 12:54 PM
John Collins tried desperatly to sign Jason Scotland on a Bosman from St Johnstone, Rod Petrie never even made the call Scotland's agent (FACT).

Collins again tried his hardest to sign Leon Best when he was on loan at Yeovil...Where is he now????

The fans just don't relise when he signed Courier on a free that was his 5th choice stiker in the market at that cruical time after selling the core of his squad which added to £9.5 million.

John Collins also wanted new contracts for Jones, Beuzelin but they recieved offer which leads Collins, Jones and Beuzelin all leaving the club.

John Hughes fact - Signed a contract in summer 2009, went on holiday to Florida and Petrie didnt renew Gordon Marshalls contract against Hughes wish, which ment Hughes didn't even get the opportunity to take a training seesion before he was undermimed by the control freak Petrie, how controlling is this??

If this is what the term 'Backing my manger' my words are "The man lives on a different planet!!".

Who hired the Chief Scout at Easter Road? Not Hughes or Mixu but Rod Petrie himself.

In my oppion the best manager at Hibs at moment in time would Rod Petrie as he obviously is a speciallist in goalkeeping and in scouting.

Source ? Or just your opinion :wink:

TheEastTerrace
08-11-2011, 12:54 PM
'Fact' is .net word of the day - FACT

Hibercelona
08-11-2011, 12:59 PM
Be prepared to be shot down in flames. Rod Petrie is a sacred name on here. :wink:

Hibbyradge
08-11-2011, 01:00 PM
John Collins stopped getting money to spend after it became obvious he couldn't spot a player having wasted hundreds of thousands on Kerr, O'Brien and Maka, not to mention all the others.

FACT.

smurf
08-11-2011, 01:01 PM
The Gordon Marshall one always confused me as him and yogi are mates so inclined to believe that one...

Delboy4
08-11-2011, 01:01 PM
So, "Ryan Cass"...who are you?

Could you be JC or someone very close to him?

Notice you joined after JC took the job on and this is your ONE & ONLY post...!

FACT
:wink:

Beefster
08-11-2011, 01:06 PM
John Collins stopped getting money to spend after it became obvious he couldn't spot a player having wasted hundreds of thousands on Kerr, O'Brien and Maka, not to mention all the others.

FACT.

So Rodders withdrew support from a sitting Hibernian manager, yet did not sack him? If true, that's staggering.

HNA6
08-11-2011, 01:10 PM

Jeez ..took ye 4 years tae think o aw that ..

Speedway
08-11-2011, 01:12 PM

Your facts aren't facts - FACT.

The only way you'll get taken seriously is by citing facts to substantiate your facts - FACT.

Otherwise your credibility will be - FACT

BEEJ
08-11-2011, 01:13 PM

FACT.
Given that Petrie was shocked / devastated when JC resigned, he obviously expected him to stay on beyond December 2007.

So depriving his Manager of funds was surely a tactic that was destined to undermine the team rather than JC? How long would RP have continued on that road do you think?

matty_f
08-11-2011, 01:14 PM
So Rodders withdrew support from a sitting Hibernian manager, yet did not sack him? If true, that's staggering.

I don't think that it was a decision based on Collins' signings, I think it was a simple case that the budget was exhausted. I'm sure that if we could have fit Collins' targets into the budget the board would have been working hard to bring them to the club.

IIRC, though, the accounts over the last few years haven't shown a significant surplus of cash that would have been sufficient to bring the players to Hibs.

Lucius Apuleius
08-11-2011, 01:14 PM
Was Gordon Marshall not to blame for Zibby and maka and all the rest?

BEEJ
08-11-2011, 01:17 PM
I don't think that it was a decision based on Collins' signings, I think it was a simple case that the budget was exhausted. I'm sure that if we could have fit Collins' targets into the budget the board would have been working hard to bring them to the club.

IIRC, though, the accounts over the last few years haven't shown a significant surplus of cash that would have been sufficient to bring the players to Hibs.
Not budget, Matty. Money was made available in January 2008 to sign Rankin, Nish, Zarabi and a couple of others, as I recall.

Murphy left for Birmingham in that window and we struggled in the LB berth for some time thereafter.

Beefster
08-11-2011, 01:20 PM

I think that the club made a huge profit the financial year that Collins was mainly in charge for - Brown, Thomson, Sproule, CIS win etc. I could be wrong though.

matty_f
08-11-2011, 01:23 PM
Not budget, Matty. Money was made available in January 2008 to sign Rankin, Nish, Zarabi and a couple of others, as I recall.

Murphy left for Birmingham in that window and we struggled in the LB berth for some time thereafter.

I think we signed those players because we knew Murphy was going therefore had scope to make the signings at that time, whereas we didn't have that in the previous window.

I think that the club made a huge profit the financial year that Collins was mainly in charge for - Brown, Thomson, Sproule, CIS win etc. I could be wrong though.

Didn't most of that go towards money already spent (debt) and the training centre, though? In which case we couldn't spend it twice.

Beefster
08-11-2011, 01:29 PM
Didn't most of that go towards money already spent (debt) and the training centre, though? In which case we couldn't spend it twice.

I'd buy that if we hadn't signed Rankin, Nish and Murray within 6 weeks of Collins leaving. None of whom would be on sweeties.

chrisski33
08-11-2011, 01:31 PM
John Collins tried desperatly to sign Jason Scotland on a Bosman from St Johnstone, Rod Petrie never even made the call Scotland's agent (FACT).Collins again tried his hardest to sign Leon Best when he was on loan at Yeovil...Where is he now???? The fans just don't relise when he signed Courier on a free that was his 5th choice stiker in the market at that cruical time after selling the core of his squad which added to £9.5 million.Here's just a few factual points against Rod petrie.Fans have to wake up as Petrie DOES'T back his managers!! John Collins also wanted new contracts for Jones, Beuzelin but they recieved offer which leads Collins, Jones and Beuzelin all leaving the club.John Hughes fact - Signed a contract in summer 2009, went on holiday to Florida and Petrie didnt renew Gordon Marshalls contract against Hughes wish, which ment Hughes didn't even get the opportunity to take a training seesion before he was undermimed by the control freak Petrie, how controlling is this??If this is what the term 'Backing my manger' my words are "The man lives on a different planet!!".Who hired the Chief Scout at Easter Road? Not Hughes or Mixu but Rod Petrie himself.In my oppion the best manager at Hibs at moment in time would Rod Petrie as he obviously is a speciallist in goalkeeping and in scouting. In reference to.jones he was always gonna leave as he and his wife wanted to go back down south for their children to go to school there and be nearer their family

SquashedFrogg
08-11-2011, 01:42 PM

So just to be clear on this. Do you want RP as our next manager? :confused:

basehibby
08-11-2011, 01:48 PM

I'm inclined to believe the gist of this. Put it this way, I find it nigh on to impossible to believe that Collins received the backing he wanted, considering the c £12M that was brought in through transfers and the squad of freebies and never-heard-ofs he put together the next season - and Collins DID walk citing exactly the kind of tightness you're describing as a matter of FACT.

Not that I believe Petrie is some kind of arch-badie deliberately planning the downfall of Hibernian FC - he was simply acting in what he considered to be the best interests of the club. But therein lies the rub - although it has certainly yielded some positives in the shape of completed infrastructure etc, I believe this single minded frugality above all approach has contributed directly to the decline which now see Hibs flirting with relegation for the second season in succession. I'm sure that if there had been no confidentiality agreements in place when Mixu and Hughes were "mutualed", we would have heard an awful lot more stories like the one above before now.

Jack
08-11-2011, 01:53 PM

Doncha just hate it when a new boy comes along, or an old boy who doesn’t want to be associated with the post, and tells everyone in such a manner what's been going on.

FACT is the accounts show increasing spend on wages year on year despite operating losses. If its not gone on players I think we should be told. :agree:

Hibbyradge
08-11-2011, 01:53 PM
I wonder why Petrie didn't want to sign Jason Scotland on a Bosman to the extent that he didn't even make an enquiry.

Sorry, but that just doesn't ring true.

Kaiser1962
08-11-2011, 02:03 PM

Whats more staggering is that the manager apparently accepted this. I would have thought they would have walked immediately.

I have no inside info but Rob Jones wanted to be near his family, and said so many times. Boozy spent longer on the treatment table than on the park. Lovely guy though.

Kaiser1962
08-11-2011, 02:07 PM
Doncha just hate it when a new boy comes along, or an old boy who doesn’t want to be associated with the post, and tells everyone in such a manner what's been going on.

FACT is the accounts show increasing spend on wages year on year despite operating losses. If its not gone on players I think we should be told. :agree:

You know it's not? Where's it gone then?

calumb
08-11-2011, 02:11 PM
I wonder why Petrie didn't want to sign Jason Scotland on a Bosman to the extent that he didn't even make an enquiry.

doesn't sound right, was there not a story going round that collins told scotland he would get a move to the old firm by joining us so if thats true there must have been some level of contact between the club and the player.

However, Rankin and Nish were all signed by petrie as Collins is on record as saying that petrie offered them to him but he did not fancy them and when you add that Sproule, O'Connor and more than likely Griffiths were all probably forced on cc along with Adams and Brown you have to wonder who is in control of footballing maters at Easter Road.

Kaiser1962
08-11-2011, 02:19 PM
Jason Scotland moved to Swansea in May 2007 for £25k. Apparently the wages were far better than what we offered.

Jack
08-11-2011, 02:20 PM
You know it's not? Where's it gone then?

I worded it that way because, I think, I know its not. :confused:

The OP has suggested we haven’t back our managers, my point was we have – to an unsustainable level.

The figure, I think, is for all salaries and wages in the club so includes admin, directors etc.. The fact that we’ve also heard that the directors, mainly RP, have cut what they take and the number of non-playing staff have been reduced and on a pay freeze for 2 or 3 years would suggest to me that the percentage of the figures in the accounts spent of the players is higher as is the actual figure year on year. I hope everyone followed that!

Basically what I’m saying is we are spending more each year and in actual fact more than we can afford. The club is backing the manager(s) more than we can afford to do.

I think this current year (to July next year) will show a fall in wages though.

Scouse Hibee
08-11-2011, 02:21 PM

You can't spell - FACT!

Peevemor
08-11-2011, 02:21 PM
doesn't sound right, was there not a story going round that collins told scotland he would get a move to the old firm by joining us so if thats true there must have been some level of contact between the club and the player.

However, Rankin and Nish were all signed by petrie as Collins is on record as saying that petrie offered them to him but he did not fancy them and when you add that Sproule, O'Connor and more than likely Griffiths were all probably forced on cc along with Adams and Brown you have to wonder who is in control of footballing maters at Easter Road.

Mixu delayed signing Nish because he wanted to watch him play. Nish was cup-tied as a result.

Do you think Sproule, GO'C and Griffiths were signed against CC's will?

Jack
08-11-2011, 02:22 PM

IIRC there were also issues around his international clearance on transfer.

GreenCastle
08-11-2011, 02:26 PM
Never backs managers is pretty incorrect BUT doesn't give managers must support is probably true.

I have heard stories from several sources close to the club about certain players being looked out and the board wouldn't go for them - even when on low wages.

Bottom line is STF and Petrie are the common factors in the last few years mess and they have to hold some accountability.

Kaiser1962
08-11-2011, 02:31 PM
If you'd said it went on poor players I might have understood better. :greengrin

I worded it that way because, I think, I know its not. :confused:

The OP has suggested we haven’t back our managers, my point was we have – to an unsustainable level.

The figure, I think, is for all salaries and wages in the club so includes admin, directors etc.. The fact that we’ve also heard that the directors, mainly RP, have cut what they take and the number of non-playing staff have been reduced and on a pay freeze for 2 or 3 years would suggest to me that the percentage of the figures in the accounts spent of the players is higher as is the actual figure year on year. I hope everyone followed that!

Basically what I’m saying is we are spending more each year and in actual fact more than we can afford. The club is backing the manager(s) more than we can afford to do.

I think this current year (to July next year) will show a fall in wages though.

matty_f
08-11-2011, 02:31 PM
I'd buy that if we hadn't signed Rankin, Nish and Murray within 6 weeks of Collins leaving. None of whom would be on sweeties.

But certainly not on what Robson or Naismith would have wanted given they knew the OF were in for them. I'd say we'd be lucky if Robson alone went to Celtc for less than what we paid the three named cumulatively.

I would also suggest that the board had to go above and beyond the budget (unless they knew for definite that we could accommodate those signings based on players leaving) when the new manager came in. They would have set JC a budget to operate within and he exhausted that. It would be reasonable enough to suggest that Mixu was afforded some funds that would otherwise not have been made available had JC remained having signed a fair volume of players already. If we knew Murphy was away, who's to say that JC wouldn't have got more money come the January anyway?

calumb
08-11-2011, 02:34 PM
Mixu delayed signing Nish because he wanted to watch him play. Nish was cup-tied as a result.

Do you think Sproule, GO'C and Griffiths were signed against CC's will?

No i don't think they were signed against his will but i don't reckon they were players that CC immediately thought of when he surveyed the train wreck left by Yogi.
They were players that were offered up to Hibs by agents and the Hibs board would know that they would excite the fans during the important season ticket selling time of the year.
so perhaps a little gentle persuasion was put on CC. If this was the case then they would have eaten into CC's budget for players that he did want to bring to the club.

H18sry
08-11-2011, 03:15 PM
Was Gordon Marshall not to blame for Zibby and maka and all the rest?

No, Marsh tried to talk JC out of signing Maka as he did not rate him :aok:

ScottB
08-11-2011, 03:18 PM
From now on, anybody who writes their own misguided, rambling opinion followed by 'FACT' should be banned.

Speedway
08-11-2011, 03:24 PM
From now on, anybody who writes their own misguided, rambling opinion followed by 'FACT' should be banned.

:agree: that's a FACT.

ScottB
08-11-2011, 03:27 PM
:agree: that's a FACT.

FACT :wink:

Cropley10
08-11-2011, 03:53 PM

FACT.

Proving the rule that if you keep repeating something often enough it becomes FACT.

Cropley10
08-11-2011, 03:56 PM

We've not had a LB since. But this what happens when you sell a decent player, we have to accept he will not be replaced.

Eaststand
08-11-2011, 04:01 PM
'Fact' is .net word of the day - FACT

That may well prove to be the case, and if you take the 6th, 1st, 3rd and the 20th letter of the alphabet, they spell a simple 4 letter word.............. FACT

GGTTH :na na:

basehibby
08-11-2011, 04:59 PM

Well that's me FACT then :wink:

ryan cass
08-11-2011, 06:51 PM

FACT.

Hibbyradge - Kerr - FREE Transfer, Make - FREE Transfer

Peevemor
08-11-2011, 06:59 PM

I take it they didn't get any wages either?

ryan cass
08-11-2011, 06:59 PM
Source ? Or just your opinion :wink:

all true

killie-hibby
08-11-2011, 07:12 PM
You can't spell - FACT!

Yes you can, your post has proven it can be done. I have done it many times. Indeed in my lifetime i have lost count of the number of people who can spell FACT, some of whom left school at 15yrs, others have gone to university. In fact, most people who can spell fact are unaware of the theory that you cant spell FACT.

The Falcon
08-11-2011, 07:50 PM
all true

No its not. I dont know about the other points but Rob was desperate to go the season before he did. He was persuaded to stay on by Mixu and Rod as Mixu had not been there long and was given a promise that he would be allowed to go at the end of season 2008-2009.

Source was Gary Gill.

BEEJ
08-11-2011, 08:11 PM
Whats more staggering is that the manager apparently accepted this. I would have thought they would have walked immediately.
He did walk a few months later. :confused: But that was just because he couldn't hack the job and jumped ship, apparently.

JC is thereby condemned. :rolleyes:

If we knew Murphy was away, who's to say that JC wouldn't have got more money come the January anyway?
Very probably. But not enough to secure the services of the LB from Southend who JC had identified.

Perhaps the wage costs of Rankin and Zarabi together might have enabled us to afford that one player. However, that did not seem to be an option the month before when JC decided to leave.

No i don't think they were signed against his will but i don't reckon they were players that CC immediately thought of when he surveyed the train wreck left by Yogi.

They were players that were offered up to Hibs by agents and the Hibs board would know that they would excite the fans during the important season ticket selling time of the year.
so perhaps a little gentle persuasion was put on CC. If this was the case then they would have eaten into CC's budget for players that he did want to bring to the club.
That's how I read it. :agree:

A few of our signings over the years have been initiated by the Board - certainly for what they would have believed to be sound reasons. But that takes an element of the decision-making away from the Manager and undermines his position.

Not FACT this time, mate. :greengrin Kerr was indeed a free transfer but we paid a fee to Chelsea for Maka (of the order of £250k - £300k).

Hibbyradge
08-11-2011, 09:20 PM

Not true.

Both Newcastle and Chelsea were paid fees.

God Petrie
08-11-2011, 09:22 PM
all true

Are you the guy that looked like a total plum bringing up all these points at the AGM and the board completely shot you down?

BEEJ
09-11-2011, 08:57 AM
Not true.

Both Newcastle and Chelsea were paid fees.
Newcastle were paid a fee for AO'B; not for Kerr. :wink:

poolman
09-11-2011, 09:41 AM
all true

Jeezo, are you still here :rolleyes:

brog
09-11-2011, 11:31 AM
If we can disregard some of the emotion here I believe the OP makes some pertinent points. I can quote 2 examples;
1. Rob Jones, it may certainly be true that Rob wanted to go back down South but I know both he & JC were very frustrated by RP's refusal to give RJ an improved contract ( which had been verbally agreed ). I believe Rob's form suffered as a result.
2. JC had identified Steve Hammell, the Southend full back referred to in a prior post. He did not come to Hibs because of a difference of £500 pw in wages. He would have cost us less than an extra £100k to date & we would have had an assured LB for nearly 4 years.

Before anyone shouts "source", I have no intention of revealing, it would hardly be an encouragement to receive future info.
PS, I'm not a JC apologist but both AOB & BK were identified by Tommy Craig, they worked under him at Newcastle. If JC's guilty of anything it was placing his trust in his experienced assistant's judgment.

BEEJ
09-11-2011, 12:21 PM
If we can disregard some of the emotion here I believe the OP makes some pertinent points. I can quote 2 examples;
1. Rob Jones, it may certainly be true that Rob wanted to go back down South but I know both he & JC were very frustrated by RP's refusal to give RJ an improved contract ( which had been verbally agreed ). I believe Rob's form suffered as a result.
2. JC had identified Steve Hammell, the Southend full back referred to in a prior post. He did not come to Hibs because of a difference of £500 pw in wages. He would have cost us less than an extra £100k to date & we would have had an assured LB for nearly 4 years.

Before anyone shouts "source", I have no intention of revealing, it would hardly be an encouragement to receive future info.
JC spoke publicly of both these issues in a press interview shortly after he left.

PS, I'm not a JC apologist but both AOB & BK were identified by Tommy Craig, they worked under him at Newcastle. If JC's guilty of anything it was placing his trust in his experienced assistant's judgment.
:agree:

Kaiser1962
09-11-2011, 04:00 PM
He did walk a few months later. :confused: But that was just because he couldn't hack the job and jumped ship, apparently.

JC is thereby condemned. :rolleyes:

7 months after Jason Scotland moved to Swansea? Do you seriously think JC would take that and still be there for a further seven months? I dont.

FWIW I do agree that JC placed far too much reliance on the counsel of Tommy Craig and I would have been much happier if he had been more his own man. That said JC is a good guy.

Hibbyradge
09-11-2011, 04:54 PM

I'm sorry, but £26000 p.a. is a huge difference for a club like Hibs. We just don't have that sort of money to throw away especially after Alan O'Brien got the lion's share of Collin's budget!

I'm not a JC apologist but both AOB & BK were identified by Tommy Craig, they worked under him at Newcastle. If JC's guilty of anything it was placing his trust in his experienced assistant's judgment.

Very possibly, but that I'm afraid, is unforgivable.

I wonder who identified Makalamby and Morais...

Danderhall Hibs
09-11-2011, 05:48 PM

The same guy that identified Rankin and Nish?....

clerriehibs
09-11-2011, 07:21 PM

Can you blame him? He let Collins sign AOB :rolleyes:

brog
10-11-2011, 10:34 AM
[QUOTE=Hibbyradge;2980853]I'm sorry, but £26000 p.a. is a huge difference for a club like Hibs. We just don't have that sort of money to throw away especially after Alan O'Brien got the lion's share of Collin's budget!

I'm sorry but I disagree. £26,000 is approximately an extra 1500 spectators only over a season, or about 80 for every home game. We also get end of season payouts depending on our league position & if Hammell had helped us up the league one place that alone would have paid his wages. Of course we'll never know but IMO Hammell is certainly a better player than Zarabi or almost any other LB we've had since Murphy went.

bawheid
10-11-2011, 10:35 AM

Whoever did deserves credit. The boy is a fantastic keeper.

Morais is rubbish right enough.

I'd have Collins back no problem.

greenlex
10-11-2011, 10:38 AM
Whoever did deserves credit. The boy is a fantastic keeper.

Morais is rubbish right enough.

I'd have Collins back no problem.

To be fair Morais played 45 mins as a trialst at ER and was very good. He never dd it again inthe Green and White though.

brog
10-11-2011, 10:40 AM
[QUOTE=BEEJ;2980467]JC spoke publicly of both these issues in a press interview shortly after he left.

Thanks, I live in London & travelled extensively at that time so I sometimes missed out on news & I was unaware of that. My info came from separate sources & before JC went. I also know that JC almost had to tie RP to a chair to get him to agree a new contract for Fletch. Without that extended contract we would have received sweeties for our best asset at the time.

Keith_M
10-11-2011, 10:56 AM
I only logged on to see if the OP has been launched yet.

Very disappointed he's still here.

:hnetinq:

basehibby
10-11-2011, 11:34 AM
I only logged on to see if the OP has been launched yet.

Very disappointed he's still here.

:confused: Why? Don't you like debate??? I thought that was what forums were for - and with the current clamour in some circles for Petrie's head, surely this is exactly the sort of stuff that needs debating.

My personal take on it is that Petrie has been very good for Hibs looking at the big picture - but he's made mistakes - the biggest one being a tendency to mind the pennies TOO much on occasion.

There's a saying that if you look after the pennies the pounds will look after themselves and I think that saying is never far from Petrie's thoughts. Fair enough, but there's another saying that says if you don't but a ticket you'll never win the lottery. I think that on occasion RP has refused to splash out a few extra pennies to back managers in purchasing "lotto tickets" with very short odds in terms of improving the team and moving the club forward. That reticence has held the club back on occasion IMO - the Steve Hammel wages fiasco being as good an example as you could ask for.

Mickey Edwards
10-11-2011, 11:46 AM
To be fair Morais played 45 mins as a trialst at ER and was very good. He never dd it again inthe Green and White though.

ripped the fullbacks a few times and played a blinder at Ibrox when we won to go top of the league

147lothian
10-11-2011, 10:35 PM
its not 1991 any more. Its time to say thank you to farmer and petrie, now leave so that we can concentrate on funding the team on the park. Petrie does have far too much say in team selection and signings.

I am going to back the new manager whoever it is because what chance does he have without funds? diddly squat. Its time for petrie to go! farmer as well

Peevemor
10-11-2011, 10:38 PM
its not 1991 any more. Its time to say thank you to farmer and petrie, now leave so that we can concentrate on funding the team on the park.

What, now that the hard bit's done in terms of infrastructure?

Petrie does have far too much say in team selection and signings.

:rolleyes:

I am going to back the new manager whoever it is because what chance does he have without funds? diddly squat. Its time for petrie to go! farmer as well

So where's all this money coming from then?

oldbutdim
10-11-2011, 11:00 PM
It was clearly stated at the AGM that the current chief scout was appointed by Yogi.
Pretty stupid lie?

Kaiser1962
11-11-2011, 06:52 AM
It was clearly stated at the AGM that the current chief scout was appointed by Yogi.
Pretty stupid lie?

Was it a lie?

oldbutdim
11-11-2011, 06:57 AM
Was it a lie?

According to the OP it must have been.

Kaiser1962
11-11-2011, 07:00 AM
According to the OP it must have been.

I'm not sure the OP is entirely accurate.

If it is a lie its a pretty easy one to prove though.

oldbutdim
11-11-2011, 07:04 AM
I'm not sure the OP is entirely accurate.

If it is a lie its a pretty easy one to prove though.

Yes.

That was sorta my original point.

Badly made obviously.

Kaiser1962
11-11-2011, 07:06 AM
Yes.

That was sorta my original point.

Badly made obviously.

Its early.

And I've been punched on the head a lot.

bawheid
11-11-2011, 07:54 AM
Pretty stupid lie?

That can't be right. :confused:

We've been reliably informed on this very website by those in the know that Petrie meddles in these things and doesn't let the scouting team speak to the manager without his permission.

Hibbyradge
11-11-2011, 08:42 AM
its not 1991 any more. Its time to say thank you to farmer and petrie, now leave so that we can concentrate on funding the team on the park. Petrie does have far too much say in team selection and signings.

Would you replace them? If so, with whom?

Jack
11-11-2011, 08:57 AM

I find it incredible you managed to get so much crap into only 71 words. You are indeed a true genius :not worth

poolman
11-11-2011, 10:18 AM

Words fail me

jdships
11-11-2011, 11:01 AM
Your facts aren't facts - FACT.

The only way you'll get taken seriously is by citing facts to substantiate your facts - FACT.

Otherwise your credibility will be - FACT

:top marks
Remember th academics explanation of fact :greengrin:wink:
Fact may also indicate findings derived through a process of evaluation, including review of testimony, direct observation, or otherwise; as distinguishable from matters of inference or speculation.[
For me Fact is like Legend they are both wirds used to easily !!

:rolleyes: