PDA

View Full Version : Billy Reid

soproni1
08-11-2011, 10:47 AM
Not sure if he has been mentioned already (assuming he has) but has been backed in from 16/1 to 10/1 today and was touted for the job last time around. Don't really have any opinions on him or his style of pla due to Hamilton being pretty ineffectual in the SPL but he managed to keep them up for a while and brought through a few decent players - McCarthy, McCarthur, Easton all went down south for decent fees.

Assuming this is the kind of guy the board will be looking at - not a bad record and cheap. Anyone know a bit more about him?

AlbertK86
08-11-2011, 11:04 AM
Not sure if he has been mentioned already (assuming he has) but has been backed in from 16/1 to 10/1 today and was touted for the job last time around. Don't really have any opinions on him or his style of pla due to Hamilton being pretty ineffectual in the SPL but he managed to keep them up for a while and brought through a few decent players - McCarthy, McCarthur, Easton all went down south for decent fees.

Assuming this is the kind of guy the board will be looking at - not a bad record and cheap. Anyone know a bit more about him?

I know a few season ticket holders at hamilton who have been going for years. They view him as steady but unspectacular. They believe it was more to do with McCarthy and McArthur that they got in SPL and stayed there a few seasons

cabbageandribs1875
08-11-2011, 11:20 AM
i cant believe anyone is checking odds at a bookies for an indication as to who will get the job lol:greengrin

Thecat23
08-11-2011, 11:22 AM
He'd be the worst of the lot IMO.

Can't look a player in the eye when leaving him out the team, his man to man management is not great. Don't rate him either to be honest.

jdships
08-11-2011, 11:51 AM
He'd be the worst of the lot IMO.

Can't look a player in the eye when leaving him out the team, his man to man management is not great. Don't rate him either to be honest.

Interesting !
Spoke with a Hamilton youth player a wee while back and he felt Reid found it difficult to talk to players one to one and preferred doing same in groups .
Not a good situation where personal matters/decisions are involved .

soproni1
08-11-2011, 11:54 AM
i cant believe anyone is checking odds at a bookies for an indication as to who will get the job lol:greengrin

only noticed it whilst having a bet on BB

Jack
08-11-2011, 11:56 AM
Uninspiring – as you say he did a decent job keeping a dull Hamilton in the SPL. It makes him sound like YogiII and Falkirk.

cabbageandribs1875
08-11-2011, 11:58 AM
only noticed it whilst having a bet on BB

i'l rephrase what i meant, i dont think anyone should take any notice of 'bookies odds', they tend to be wrong when it comes down to who RP picks in the end :greengrin

soproni1
08-11-2011, 12:16 PM
i'l rephrase what i meant, i dont think anyone should take any notice of 'bookies odds', they tend to be wrong when it comes down to who RP picks in the end :greengrin

Not sure that's necessarily true - not that I'm disagreeing with your point, but i would assume Yogi, Mixu and JC were all among the favourites for the job, Hughes certainly was from the moment it was available. Although Mowbray and CC did come from left field. So recent history would say they tend to be right more than wrong no?