PDA

View Full Version : BB till the end of the season?

green glory
08-11-2011, 08:50 AM
By all accounts, it looks like Billy Brown will be getting the chance to prove himself in the short term at least, maybe till the end of the season. I suppose it can't be any worse than it is now. FWIW I think without CC in the way he might do a job for us. No doubting his motivational skills. Maybe without CC's 'tactics' of playing players out of position/zonal marking etc. we might actually see an immediate improvement. For all of CC's faults I think he brought some decent players in.

:flag:

hibiedude
08-11-2011, 08:59 AM
By all accounts, it looks like Billy Brown will be getting the chance to prove himself in the short term at least, maybe till the end of the season. I suppose it can't be any worse than it is now. FWIW I think without CC in the way he might do a job for us. No doubting his motivational skills. Maybe without CC's 'tactics' of playing players out of position/zonal marking etc. we might actually see an immediate improvement. For all of CC's faults I think he brought some decent players in.

And that's what failed Calderwood his lack of knowledge and players not playing in thier correct postion dropping a Goalie on form to give Brown a run in the cup game made no sence.

I bet you Calderwood couldnt name his strongest side.

Time will Tell if Billy Brown has it to be good Manager.

AlbertK86
08-11-2011, 09:39 AM
And that's what failed Calderwood his lack of knowledge and players not playing in thier correct postion dropping a Goalie on form to give Brown a run in the cup game made no sence.

I bet you Calderwood couldnt name his strongest side.

Time will Tell if Billy Brown has it to be good Manager.

Don't think many of us could pick our strongest team the way the players have been performing.

Over the last 40 years I've always had in my head what I believed was our strongest 11. The last 18 months I have had no idea as they have performed so poorly. Not one of them has been consistant over that period. Whether that is just lack of ability, lack of motivation or poor coaching I don't know. Probably a bit of each.

Golden Bear
08-11-2011, 09:47 AM

The search for a new Manager is already underway and it remains to be seen whether BB will put his name into the hat. Right now, it's difficult to know whether he has what he takes to be a successful Manager in his own right, but as you say, he couldn't do any worse.

PeterboroHibee
08-11-2011, 09:48 AM
Don't think many of us could pick our strongest team the way the players have been performing.

Over the last 40 years I've always had in my head what I believed was our strongest 11. The last 18 months I have had no idea as they have performed so poorly. Not one of them has been consistant over that period. Whether that is just lack of ability, lack of motivation or poor coaching I don't know. Probably a bit of each.

The players arent blameless but they really did seem to struggle with the tactics, and constantly getting played out of position didnt help things...

Hibbyradge
08-11-2011, 09:49 AM
I think we'll have a new manager in time for our next game and it won't be Billy Brown.

scoopyboy
08-11-2011, 09:55 AM
I think we'll have a new manager in time for our next game and it won't be Billy Brown.

I'm the opposite.

If Petrie (never mind the smokescreen of Scott and Fyfe, rodders will decide) thinks Brown would keep us up then he will get the gig until the end of the season.

That way no extra money needs to be found to pay a new manager and that will go to CCs severance payment.

AlbertK86
08-11-2011, 10:00 AM
I would think BB will be interested but from the look of despair on his face at times over the weeks he has been there he will be frustrated at the lack of quality he has to work with.

Hopefully he has seen enough in them that he thinks he can get more commitment out of them, play them in their natural positions and maybe stabilise us until he can get his own players in

greenlex
08-11-2011, 10:43 AM
I can see JJ in till the end ofthe season. If he's successful ( and I mean top end ofthe able challenging for Europe) he will be offered a longer contract if not we will have been on the hunt for a replacement for several months.

Beefster
08-11-2011, 10:45 AM

So do I.

Makaveli
08-11-2011, 10:58 AM

Seriously, what accounts are these? We'll have a new manager by the end of the month and most likely by our next game.

Judas Iscariot
08-11-2011, 11:01 AM
So do I.
Any inkling on who?

Billy Whizz
08-11-2011, 11:19 AM

Hopefully in by next Monday which will give a good build up to the Killie game