PDA

View Full Version : Questions for the AGM

James70
08-11-2011, 12:07 AM
I will start off with a few.

1) Why did we appoint a manager whose family lived down south and had no intention of moving up here to join him when he got the Hibs job? It is not an ideal situation for a manager to be so far away from his family and obviously affected his committment to our club.

2) Surely a manager who was totally professional in his outlook would have wanted to bring in his own team of assistants from the start, why give to the job to someone who was happy to work with people he had not worked with previously and did not really know?

3) Following on from 2) whose idea was it to bring in Derek Adams as an assistant eventually? Likewise Billy Brown. Were these men the manager's choices or the Board's?

4) Hibs fans are well known for their taste in attractive and attacking football and they will always turn out in numbers to watch a team that can provide this even if the team are not winning most of their games. Tony Mowbray's side were good to watch but very inconsistent with their results yet attracted crowds of near double what the current side are drawing in. It was well documented that CC did not have a reputation for entertaining football so even if he had more wins under his belt the supporters were still unlikely to accept a team which won their games by the odd goal if the football was mediocre.

5) Why oh why did the Board not accept the compensation on offer during the summer when it was plainly clear that the man's heart was not in the job.

6) Will the Board learn from these mistakes when they come to appoint the next manager or are we going to be looking for yet another puppet in the days leading up to next year's AGM?

There seems to be a total lack of professionalism at all levels from the top down within our club and unless it is fixed very soon we will be playing 1st division football next year.

Bad Martini
08-11-2011, 01:01 AM
To our esteemed board:

Not a question but some free advice.

You have paid for bricks and mortar in the stand.
You have paid for astroturf, sheds and bricks and mortar in East Mains.
You have repaid a lot of our debts and have cleared our feet considerably.
You have also given "some" money to our managers.

HOWEVER;
None of that matters a flying **** when we're rooted toward the bottom of the table.

We dont pay for any of the above. We pay for a) good fitba and b) results. Ideally both.

If you continue to fail to provide one or both, YOU, as a board, have failed. Therefore do feel free to **** off and dont let the door hit your ass on the way out.

Yes, we want to be here in 100 years to come. But, we WONT be if the pish on the park is this bad. Its not just about losing money by buying expensive players on high wages. If you have **** all coming in, dear financial geniuses, you will have nitto to take out and pay the bills.

SORT IT OUT.

ENDOF

Nailrod
08-11-2011, 03:25 AM
1. Why do we need a Chairman, an Executive Director, a Managing Director, a Financial Director, a Club Secretary, and two other Directors to run a business as simple as Hibernian Football Club? What do these people as individuals actually bring to the table, apart from creating an empire for the Chairman to preside over? What do they do all day long, apart from falling over each other?

There are only four income streams of any consequence - gate receipts, television income, sponsorship, and transfers. The Directors have absolutely no influence over or involvement in the only one of these that generates any ongoing business activity.

There is only one cost stream of any consequence that generates any ongoing business activity - payroll - and it would normally be run by somebody called a payroll clerk.

2. Is Rod Petrie going to pay any compensation due to Calderwood out of his own salary? How about the 300k we lost over the summer as a result of Rod's determination to hang on to a man who had managed to win exactly one of his last ten matches, despite the fact that eight of them were against bottom six opposition (and in the course of this achieved an SPL record for the worst ever performance by a bottom six team after the split)?

GreenCastle
08-11-2011, 04:13 AM
Agree with all of the above...

Slightly off topic...but...

Why is the food crap and expensive at the stadium ?

Why are tickets so expensive to watch complete dross ? Most expensive in Scotland or close

Why were the club backing the 10 team SPL when no one wanted it ?

Tranent Hibby
08-11-2011, 05:40 AM
Does anyone know if mobiles etc are permitted during the AGM. I was wondering if Twitter / Facebook will be updated during what is looking like a very stormy AGM.

Beefster
08-11-2011, 07:07 AM
What are their plans in order to attract lapsed supporters back?

What are their plans to tempt families to ER?

What's going on with the supporter consultation and why does everything like this take months to progress?

Do they ever eat the food served from the outlets, rather than what is served up in hospitality?

Have they ever taken expert advice on how the footballing function is set up?

Will they do anything differently in the recruitment of the new manager?

Who do the scouting team, if it exists, ultimately report to?

How does the Board rate its own performance in the past couple of years?

I'd have more depending on the answers!

Jack
08-11-2011, 08:07 AM
Lets be honest about this. Anyone here could answer most of the questions posed so far and if I could do impersonations you couldn’t tell the difference between me, Rod, Fife or Scott.

Most of the answers were in the chairman’s statement about keeping CC and why; in the two (that I’ve seen) videos by Fife and Scott earlier in the season or various statements since.

The same questions around the footballing side of the club are going to illicit the same responses – the club wont be turning in that respect anytime soon.

1. What shareholders might want to consider is asking what the club is going to do for the fans in future. Each survey that is published around supporter experience seems to have us at the wrong end of the league. Everything seems to be at the very expensive end and the quality of services at the poor end – as previously mentioned the catering being probably the influential in that.

2. UEFA have said that all clubs competing in European competition must have a Supporter Liaison Officer in place. Hibs don’t, or the SLO has been very quiet? What plans are in place to recruit a SLO in the near future or have we already abandon plans to compete in Europe next year?

While most of the attention on UEFA’s new club licensing requirements focused on the “financial fair play rules”, which are to be implemented from 2012/13 and require clubs to eventually break even, other regulations within the document should be of interest to supporters too.

Under Article 35 of the new UEFA Club Licensing and Financial Fair Play Regulations clubs will have the obligation to appoint a Supporter Liaison Officer (SLO) to ensure a proper and constructive dialogue between a club and its fans. As well as communicating fans’ opinions to a club’s board, and vice-versa, SLOs also liaise with stewards, police, and counterparts at opposing clubs. The move is a direct result of good work and close cooperation between European football's governing body and our friends at Supporters Direct (SD) who provide guidance and backing to fan groups in 17 countries throughout Europe.

YehButNoBut
08-11-2011, 08:19 AM
Great article in theScottish Football Blog, says it all really

http://www.scottishfootballblog.co.uk/2011/11/hibs-calderwood-goes-but-questions.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hibs: Calderwood Goes But Questions Remain

It took 68 words for Hibs to dispatch of Colin Calderwood.

Even that seemed needlessly verbose, the gist was simple:

"Thanks. Goodbye. We live to find another boss."

A taciturn end to a joyless reign. Consider the contrast to July when Rod Petrie - hardly a prolific wordsmith - devoted 434 words and the logic of a one-eyed statistician to a celebratory love letter in support of the manager.

What changed?

Could it have been just five words? The chants of "Petrie, Petrie get tae ****" that mingled with - in my experience - unprecedented boos at the final whistle on Saturday.

Perhaps it was.

Perhaps not. Clearly a storm had been brewing.

Calderwood was unloved and struggling. A board that stakes its authority on good housekeeping had posted a loss of £900,000.

The completed stadium was consistently less than half full. The quality of the training centre was translating into incompetence on the pitch.

On Saturday Hibs lost a goal inside three minutes against Dunfermline. They spent the remainder of the 90 minutes looking beaten.

Football allows you to shelter from your own failings in the shortcomings of others. When you start losing to the teams below you the game is pretty much up.

12 wins from 49 games. One home win since February. An abject performance on Saturday.

If he's honest with himself - and I suspect that it is one of his qualities - Calderwood will not be shocked at his dismissal.

But questions remain.

Hibs proclaim their financial stability. Yet they get through managers at an unseemly rate.

Mistakes. They've made a few.

Calderwood was the wrong man for the job. He was backed - within Hibs' budgetary constraints - in two transfer windows. He was lauded by the chairman in a public show of support that has never looked anything but misguided.

And that show of support was costly. There was a chance in the summer to cash in, accept compensation from Nottingham Forest or Birmingham for Calderwood and start over.

Hibs stubbornly held on to their man. Hindsight shows that as foolhardiness.

The board are guilty in this saga. And, as guilty men, they will be under fierce scrutiny at tonight's AGM. Passions will run high inside the meeting.

A rumoured protest against Petrie and his well salaried acolytes will be held outside the Famous Five stand at the same time.

Cutting Calderwood loose hasn't been met with elation. The troubled waters are not becalmed.

Instead there's a simmering resentment that it has come to this.

That resentment is manifested in a loss of faith. There's little conviction that the people with power at Easter Road now have the ability to make the changes, and the appointment, that the club needs to come even close to meeting the expectations of fans.

Blaming Calderwood. Blaming John Hughes. Blaming the players. Blaming the fans for not standing up and being counted.

That won't work tonight. Similar ploys have been used too many times.

A mea culpa. A detailed statement of of the club's footballing ambition. A transparent guarantee that Petrie's role and influence has been reduced.

All that would begin the rebuilding process. But the breakdown in trust is huge.

The fans showed on Saturday that they can only take so much.

Mired in a malaise of their own making the board need to hold their hands up this evening and beg for mercy.

Then they need to find the right manager and work tirelessly to get things right on the pitch.

Months of misery have culminated in a crisis. They can only redeem themselves with progress on the pitch.

There are lingering doubts that they can meet those challenges. They need to prove that they can. And they need to do it quickly.

> Four steps in the right direction:

1. Rod Petrie steps back. As the only board member with a stake in the company he is guaranteed a role. But a chairman can be hands off. He can busy himself with his SFA duties. If he trusts his fellow directors enough to pay them handsome salaries he has to show a willingness to trust them to run the club without their puppet-master.

2. Scott Lindsay leaves East Mains. The Executive Director is in charge of the football side of the club. He's an accountant. He doesn't need an office at the training centre. If the board want representation that close to the action they should appoint a Director of Football with a footballing background.

3. Get the next appointment right. Easier said than done for any club. But Hibs have a lot of mistakes to learn from. A manager shouldn't just impress because he understands the club's balance sheet. He also needs to understand and connect with the fans. That doesn't mean the new man should have a history with the club. We're told the directors live and breathe Hibs. That should give them an insight into the sort of manager who can provide inspiration and stability, an eye for a bargain and an ear for the support.

4. Get the fans on board. Literally. The supporter-shareholders wield no power. But representation in the boardroom would be a clear indication that the failed autocracy of recent seasons has been consigned to history in favour of a fresh start for the whole "Hibernian family."

basehibby
08-11-2011, 08:40 AM
My question would be:

"What is the board's position regarding CEC's proposal to give an unfair advantage to our competitors, the Yams, by gifting them a stadium out of the public purse? How do they plan to opose it and how can the supporters help?!

I know there's plenty of other important matters to discuss but we can't afford to lose sight of this - allowing our sneaky neighbours to gain an unfair advantage would be unforgiveable and I'd like to see the board set out their stall on this matter ASAP - if there's one thing we can all be united on it's stopping the Yams pulling a fast one on Hibs at the expense of the taxpayer - let's pool our resources and stop this ludicrous scheme in it's tracks.

PLEASE - someone who's going to attend this meeting - don't allow it to pass without raising this crucial matter!

Speedway
08-11-2011, 09:18 AM
Any danger that Scott and Fife's interviews in the future can consist solely of answering non-vetted supporter questions from supporters in a forum setting rather than waiting 12 months to maybe get a chance to ask them?

Any danger of getting Scott and Fife on an online chat Q&A?

Thought not.

Beefster
08-11-2011, 09:31 AM
Any danger that Scott and Fife's interviews in the future can consist solely of answering non-vetted supporter questions from supporters in a forum setting rather than waiting 12 months to maybe get a chance to ask them?

Thought not.

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not but one of the biggest contributors to me not detesting everything Williamson stood for was a Daily Record Fans Forum at ER during his tenure. It gave fans the opportunity to put some difficult questions to him and there were no scripted answers in response. The only sad thing was that they insisted on also talking about 'general footballing issues' and asking questions to the rest of the panel.

A proper forum with a fair number of fans might help the club's case and ease some pressure, irrespective of how difficult the actual meeting would be.

Phil MaGlass
08-11-2011, 09:40 AM
i have to agree with the second post, every hibs supporter is hurting as a result of poor decisions being made at other levels within the club, however i hope that this AGM will prove to be an ultimately productive one where supporters can calmly and rationally put their points across and, most importantly, have them listened to. and vice versa. this cannot be allowed to fall apart at the seams and turn into a shouting match with the board or each other as this would be self destructive.
The board are collectively responsible and should be held accountable for the mess we are in, but we have to move on together.
We are a family and each member of any family has faults, strengths and weaknesses, but we ARE a family.

glory glory :Ummm:

I hope supporters will not be calm when putting across their points, poor decisions being made, time and time again, fans parting with hard earned cash, being taken for granted, time and time again. Consecutive ex managers taking swipes at the club, time and time again, (it cant all be sour grapes). How much have we paid out to sacked managers over the last few years, we could have had a damn good one for that amount, calderwood´s cost us over 500K WTF?
They need to get the message, enough is bloody well enough.

TheEastTerrace
08-11-2011, 10:31 AM
I realise that there are too many questions here, but these are the things that have been on my mind for a while now. Perhaps not all appropriate for an AGM but questions that the club really need to answer:

scouting networks, player identification, contracts

- who is responsible for scouting for new players?
- where are we looking for new players? Scotland? England? Europe-wide? World-wide?
- do we have criteria by which we identify players that are of interest to the club?
- do we identify players with potential for re-sale value?
- how do we sell the clubs to players out-with the local area?
- who undertakes the negotiations and makes the ultimate call on player recruitment i.e. transfers and contracts?
- do the players have performance based incentives in their contracts?
- do the players have too much 'power'?

player development and coaching

- who is responsible for overseeing the youth development structure?
- what performance and training programmes are in place for young players?
- how much contact time do coaches have with players fom youth to senior level?
- are the players educated on issues such as lifestyle management and nutrition? do they take this seriously?
- what qualifications do our coaches have? are they experienced enough? are they assessed? opportunities for more qualifications?
- do we have good links with schools and youth clubs for identifying players?

club management

- can the club explain why they are now on to their tenth manager since 1998?
- what criteria is an individual required to meet in the manager recruitment process?
- do we take advice or support from external sources in the manager recruitment process?
- what references do we seek?
- what financial restrictions are there?
- where do we look for new managers?
- would a director of football-type with experience of football management or running football operations not be better placed to manage the recruitment process for a new manager?
- why do we need a finance director, an executive director, a managing director, chairman, club secretary and two other directors? is this not overkill?
- is Sir Tom Farmer not concerned with the current malaise at the club? what is he going to do about it?
- are there any plans to have supporter representation on the board?
- are there plans to have a supporters consultation group?

Anyways, just my two penneth. I haven't even started on the recent financial results and the big drop in season ticket sales.

Hibbyradge
08-11-2011, 10:34 AM
My question would be:

"What is the board's position regarding CEC's proposal to give an unfair advantage to our competitors, the Yams, by gifting them a stadium out of the public purse? How do they plan to opose it and how can the supporters help?!

I know there's plenty of other important matters to discuss but we can't afford to lose sight of this - allowing our sneaky neighbours to gain an unfair advantage would be unforgiveable and I'd like to see the board set out their stall on this matter ASAP - if there's one thing we can all be united on it's stopping the Yams pulling a fast one on Hibs at the expense of the taxpayer - let's pool our resources and stop this ludicrous scheme in it's tracks.

PLEASE - someone who's going to attend this meeting - don't allow it to pass without raising this crucial matter!

I could not agree more. :agree:

E10 Rifle
08-11-2011, 10:41 AM
Q. Any chance of changing the pies and making them cheaper?

Phil D. Rolls
08-11-2011, 10:43 AM

Thought not.

Would any sane person come on here and try to argue their point?

LeithBoozy
08-11-2011, 12:12 PM
I would like someone to ask, as CC was under contract at Newcastle. Was there money changed hands ?and if so how much. I remember this question getting dodged at the time

Hermit Crab
08-11-2011, 12:36 PM
A question for the AGM?

Mr Petrie are you going to step down from your position at Hibernian Football Club? And if not why not??

smurf
08-11-2011, 12:43 PM
Great article in theScottish Football Blog, says it all really

http://www.scottishfootballblog.co.uk/2011/11/hibs-calderwood-goes-but-questions.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hibs: Calderwood Goes But Questions Remain

It took 68 words for Hibs to dispatch of Colin Calderwood.

Even that seemed needlessly verbose, the gist was simple:

"Thanks. Goodbye. We live to find another boss."

A taciturn end to a joyless reign. Consider the contrast to July when Rod Petrie - hardly a prolific wordsmith - devoted 434 words and the logic of a one-eyed statistician to a celebratory love letter in support of the manager.

What changed?

Could it have been just five words? The chants of "Petrie, Petrie get tae ****" that mingled with - in my experience - unprecedented boos at the final whistle on Saturday.

Perhaps it was.

Perhaps not. Clearly a storm had been brewing.

Calderwood was unloved and struggling. A board that stakes its authority on good housekeeping had posted a loss of £900,000.

The completed stadium was consistently less than half full. The quality of the training centre was translating into incompetence on the pitch.

On Saturday Hibs lost a goal inside three minutes against Dunfermline. They spent the remainder of the 90 minutes looking beaten.

Football allows you to shelter from your own failings in the shortcomings of others. When you start losing to the teams below you the game is pretty much up.

12 wins from 49 games. One home win since February. An abject performance on Saturday.

If he's honest with himself - and I suspect that it is one of his qualities - Calderwood will not be shocked at his dismissal.

But questions remain.

Hibs proclaim their financial stability. Yet they get through managers at an unseemly rate.

Mistakes. They've made a few.

Calderwood was the wrong man for the job. He was backed - within Hibs' budgetary constraints - in two transfer windows. He was lauded by the chairman in a public show of support that has never looked anything but misguided.

And that show of support was costly. There was a chance in the summer to cash in, accept compensation from Nottingham Forest or Birmingham for Calderwood and start over.

Hibs stubbornly held on to their man. Hindsight shows that as foolhardiness.

The board are guilty in this saga. And, as guilty men, they will be under fierce scrutiny at tonight's AGM. Passions will run high inside the meeting.

A rumoured protest against Petrie and his well salaried acolytes will be held outside the Famous Five stand at the same time.

Cutting Calderwood loose hasn't been met with elation. The troubled waters are not becalmed.

Instead there's a simmering resentment that it has come to this.

That resentment is manifested in a loss of faith. There's little conviction that the people with power at Easter Road now have the ability to make the changes, and the appointment, that the club needs to come even close to meeting the expectations of fans.

Blaming Calderwood. Blaming John Hughes. Blaming the players. Blaming the fans for not standing up and being counted.

That won't work tonight. Similar ploys have been used too many times.

A mea culpa. A detailed statement of of the club's footballing ambition. A transparent guarantee that Petrie's role and influence has been reduced.

All that would begin the rebuilding process. But the breakdown in trust is huge.

The fans showed on Saturday that they can only take so much.

Mired in a malaise of their own making the board need to hold their hands up this evening and beg for mercy.

Then they need to find the right manager and work tirelessly to get things right on the pitch.

Months of misery have culminated in a crisis. They can only redeem themselves with progress on the pitch.

There are lingering doubts that they can meet those challenges. They need to prove that they can. And they need to do it quickly.

> Four steps in the right direction:

1. Rod Petrie steps back. As the only board member with a stake in the company he is guaranteed a role. But a chairman can be hands off. He can busy himself with his SFA duties. If he trusts his fellow directors enough to pay them handsome salaries he has to show a willingness to trust them to run the club without their puppet-master.

2. Scott Lindsay leaves East Mains. The Executive Director is in charge of the football side of the club. He's an accountant. He doesn't need an office at the training centre. If the board want representation that close to the action they should appoint a Director of Football with a footballing background.

3. Get the next appointment right. Easier said than done for any club. But Hibs have a lot of mistakes to learn from. A manager shouldn't just impress because he understands the club's balance sheet. He also needs to understand and connect with the fans. That doesn't mean the new man should have a history with the club. We're told the directors live and breathe Hibs. That should give them an insight into the sort of manager who can provide inspiration and stability, an eye for a bargain and an ear for the support.

4. Get the fans on board. Literally. The supporter-shareholders wield no power. But representation in the boardroom would be a clear indication that the failed autocracy of recent seasons has been consigned to history in favour of a fresh start for the whole "Hibernian family."

Very good piece.

GreenCastle
08-11-2011, 02:19 PM
I realise that there are too many questions here, but these are the things that have been on my mind for a while now. Perhaps not all appropriate for an AGM but questions that the club really need to answer:

scouting networks, player identification, contracts

- who is responsible for scouting for new players?
- where are we looking for new players? Scotland? England? Europe-wide? World-wide?
- do we have criteria by which we identify players that are of interest to the club?
- do we identify players with potential for re-sale value?
- how do we sell the clubs to players out-with the local area?
- who undertakes the negotiations and makes the ultimate call on player recruitment i.e. transfers and contracts?
- do the players have performance based incentives in their contracts?
- do the players have too much 'power'?

player development and coaching

- who is responsible for overseeing the youth development structure?
- what performance and training programmes are in place for young players?
- how much contact time do coaches have with players fom youth to senior level?
- are the players educated on issues such as lifestyle management and nutrition? do they take this seriously?
- what qualifications do our coaches have? are they experienced enough? are they assessed? opportunities for more qualifications?
- do we have good links with schools and youth clubs for identifying players?

club management

- can the club explain why they are now on to their tenth manager since 1998?
- what criteria is an individual required to meet in the manager recruitment process?
- do we take advice or support from external sources in the manager recruitment process?
- what references do we seek?
- what financial restrictions are there?
- where do we look for new managers?
- would a director of football-type with experience of football management or running football operations not be better placed to manage the recruitment process for a new manager?
- why do we need a finance director, an executive director, a managing director, chairman, club secretary and two other directors? is this not overkill?
- is Sir Tom Farmer not concerned with the current malaise at the club? what is he going to do about it?
- are there any plans to have supporter representation on the board?
- are there plans to have a supporters consultation group?

Anyways, just my two penneth. I haven't even started on the recent financial results and the big drop in season ticket sales.

I like this - not enough clarity with the structure of the club - obviously a lot of questions to be asked but majority of them could be addressed on the club website if they wanted to try and get bridge the gap between supporters and board / club staff.

CFC
08-11-2011, 02:58 PM
The Hibs board are cowards, they sack managers just before AGMs cos they think we are mugs who will be placated.

I hope they get ripped into big time.

GreenCastle
08-11-2011, 03:00 PM
Should Hibs and Hearts merge to challenge the old firm....with both clubs in so many problems right now ? :duck::offski:

EasterRoad4Ever
08-11-2011, 03:03 PM
Why do you think you are the right people to take the club forward?
On a scale of 1-10 with 1 being terrible, how would you rate your performance as a Board over the last few years in delivering a decent product on the park ?
Why do you think Hbernian FC have under performed on the pitch for the last 30 years (relative to the SPL) and what will you be doing to improve matters. Why should the fans believe you, and what is different this time ?

Tom Hart RIP
08-11-2011, 03:05 PM
1. Why do we need a Chairman, an Executive Director, a Managing Director, a Financial Director, a Club Secretary, and two other Directors to run a business as simple as Hibernian Football Club? What do these people as individuals actually bring to the table, apart from creating an empire for the Chairman to preside over? What do they do all day long, apart from falling over each other?

There are only four income streams of any consequence - gate receipts, television income, sponsorship, and transfers. The Directors have absolutely no influence over or involvement in the only one of these that generates any ongoing business activity.

There is only one cost stream of any consequence that generates any ongoing business activity - payroll - and it would normally be run by somebody called a payroll clerk.

2. Is Rod Petrie going to pay any compensation due to Calderwood out of his own salary? How about the 300k we lost over the summer as a result of Rod's determination to hang on to a man who had managed to win exactly one of his last ten matches, despite the fact that eight of them were against bottom six opposition (and in the course of this achieved an SPL record for the worst ever performance by a bottom six team after the split)?

100% correct. The best post I have ever read on this site. Why we need so many directors is beyond me, particularly when they all seem to be paid. When did this start? Tom Hart, Kenny Waugh, Kenny McLean, Douglas Crombe and Tom Omalley never took a penny out of the club, so why do they. Is there no Hibs supporting businessmen who would do their jobs for the love of the club?

On a seperate note, at least Petrie has the balls to come into the Behind the Goals Bar every week and makes a point of stopping at several tables to speak to the fans. Hyland claims to do this, but anytime I have seen him, he looks for a friendly face, spend a couple of minutes then disappears. I emailed the board a few months ago, pointing out that my non renewal of my season ticket (after having one for 20plus years)was down to Calderwoods tactics and the attitude of many of the players. Hyland replied by saying that I was in a small minority and the vast majority of Hibs fans he spoke to were behind the manager. I certainly have no faith in him or Lindsay to make the choice. Lindsay looked like a starstruck teenager during his Hibs TV interview when he moved to East Mains. It's still on the website if anyone hasn't seen it.

PatHead
08-11-2011, 03:07 PM
Ask if the board will ask Hearts if they want to groundshare at Easter Road. (As ER is within 6 miles of Tynie it meets almost all their criteria. Were Hearts to decline the offer they would not be in a position to demand a stadium and the council could not justify building a stadium simply because Hearts didn't want ours.)

If they called our bluff we could throw them out at the first opportunity for non payment of rent.

Archie70
08-11-2011, 03:27 PM
My question would be:

100%:thumbsup:
WE have to keep on top of this.

Speedway
08-11-2011, 03:37 PM
Dear Directors,

Does the fact that no matter how heated tonight's discussion is, none of us possesses the guts nor working knowledge to be able to enact any change whatsoever; amuse you a little or greatly?