PDA

View Full Version : Junior Agogo...

Jamesie
07-11-2011, 09:48 PM
...has surely played his last game for Hibs you would hope. A classic case of a manager remembering what a player did for him five years ago then finding out that time has moved on but being too stubborn to acknowledge it.

tamig
07-11-2011, 09:54 PM
...has surely played his last game for Hibs you would hope. A classic case of a manager remembering what a player did for him five years ago then finding out that time has moved on but being too stubborn to acknowledge it.

I disagree old bean. Agogo has been one of our better players of late. I don't think he's a midfielder and I'm keen to see him back up front with GOC as they were looking really good together. He put Agogo back to midfield to accommodate Griffiths. Agogo was poor on Saturday - but so were quite a few others.

grunt
07-11-2011, 09:54 PM
I thought he played quite well against Motherwell...

Jamesie
07-11-2011, 09:55 PM
What a load of pish that is imo. Agogo has been one of our better players of late. I don't think he's a midfielder and I'm keen to see him back up front with GOC as they were looking really good together. He put Agogo back to midfield to accommodate Griffiths. Agogo was poor on Saturday - but so were quite a few others.

He's a divisive character, that's for sure - same arguments going on around me in the East on Saturday. For a striker he has the weakest, most unthreatening shot I've seen in a long time.

Andy74
07-11-2011, 09:57 PM
What a load of pish that is imo. Agogo has been one of our better players of late. I don't think he's a midfielder and I'm keen to see him back up front with GOC as they were looking really good together. He put Agogo back to midfield to accommodate Griffiths. Agogo was poor on Saturday - but so were quite a few others.

Yep. I think he has been pretty good after a poor start. Not sure midfield is his thing though.

DarrenSQH
07-11-2011, 09:58 PM
Makes konte look like a football genius. Up there with the tank for how bad he is. Hope he has played his last.

Scouse Hibee
07-11-2011, 10:06 PM

Has improved after a slow start IMO

Scouse Hibee
07-11-2011, 10:07 PM
Makes konte look like a football genius. Up there with the tank for how bad he is. Hope he has played his last.

You're having a laugh surely? Konte couldn't lace his boots!

smurf
07-11-2011, 10:18 PM
Signed to score goals. Failed thus far.

Not hard to look ok in that midfield...

David@EasterRoad
07-11-2011, 10:25 PM
People were raging on here at the prospect of signing Tade from Raith, Agogo hasn't done much so far to suggest he is a better player. Maybe a new manager will get the best out of him?

Jamesie
07-11-2011, 10:26 PM
Personally I would have taken a chance on Hasselbaink from Hamilton before signing Agogo.

edwards
07-11-2011, 10:33 PM
Agogo is an out and out forward and another case of CC playing him in the wrong position,

Would now like to see Griffiths wide left o midfield and Agogo through the centre wi O'Connor as his fitness is a bit better unfortunately his passin ain't.

Think BB will give Sodje a game and use him as a target man with O'Connor.

sleeping giant
07-11-2011, 10:36 PM
I still feel he could get a few goals in this league. Needs to start racking them up soon though.

Sodje_18
07-11-2011, 10:50 PM
Personally I would have taken a chance on Hasselbaink from Hamilton before signing Agogo.
He went to St Midden. I don't think Agogo is as bad as everyone is suggesting, been one of our better players so far but has already been deemed a scapegoat of this season.

Hibercelona
07-11-2011, 11:11 PM
I've only seen him play in a handfull of games, but he's been dreadful in all of them.

From what i've seen... he's incredibly slow, doesn't make a tackle, backs off from opposition players and can't even hold the ball up well.

Not quite as bad as a Konte or Kerr, but we need better.

Hermit Crab
07-11-2011, 11:16 PM

Personally I disagree with your post regarding Agogo I feel over the last few games he's been ok. I would have signed hasselbaink instead of Sproule.

Albion Hibs
07-11-2011, 11:48 PM

I think this is more of a case of someone that has clearly not watched hibs this season, yet feels fit to comment. Agogo has performed consistantly well since he came in for us, and back from injury. A few stray passes at the weekend, but thats because he was actually dropping deep and not passing backwards or 5 yards sideways.

I dont think CC could be considered to be stubborn, was more than happy to hook Thornhill, Palsson, and Sproule when playing poorly.

Dont agree with anything that you have said.

Disco Dave
07-11-2011, 11:52 PM
I thought he's done quite well, has good control, holds the ball up well and can pick a pass. He also isn't scared to track back.

Jones28
08-11-2011, 12:21 AM
Have never understood why Sodje is missing out to Agogo. He is faster, a better goalscorer and looks a lot harder to get the better of in a 50-50.

Would much rather see an attacking 4 of Griffiths/Galbraith in the left, O'Connor and Sodje through the middle and Sproule on the right. Thornhill and Osbourne as sitting mid-fielders.

SteveHFC
08-11-2011, 12:23 AM

:agree:

basehibby
08-11-2011, 01:33 AM
I thought he's done quite well, has good control, holds the ball up well and can pick a pass. He also isn't scared to track back.

:agree: He's taken a while to get up to fitness but has started to look a useful player - Calderwood was using him as a deep striker/attacking midfielder in recent weeks and he's looked pretty good there IMO with his creativity making a difference (although I wasn't there vs the Pars so can't comment on that game).

He could do with adding a few more goals to his account but I wouldn't be writting off his Hibs career just yet.

The_Horde
08-11-2011, 01:55 AM
Did anybody who says they prefer sodje actually see his performance when he came on against dunfermline? Didn't win one header.

Agogo and GOC were forming a good partnership and CC decided to chuck griffiths in there and drop Agogo to midfield. Why I will never know.

MotherSuperior
08-11-2011, 02:22 AM
Agogo has been consistently above average for a fair few games now. Get off his back! He's by no means a huddy.

Albion Hibs
08-11-2011, 12:53 PM
;2977594']Did anybody who says they prefer sodje actually see his performance when he came on against dunfermline? Didn't win one header.

Agogo and GOC were forming a good partnership and CC decided to chuck griffiths in there and drop Agogo to midfield. Why I will never know.

Agree with the bit in bold, and I would add St Mirren away, especially to the one above who claims he goal scoring ability is better...based on what exactly?

Franck is God
08-11-2011, 01:04 PM
The only stubbornness from CC was trying to shoehorn forwards into his starting line up weakening the midfield, always thought that was the biggest problem that both Hughes and Mixu did too.

I've always thought that you pick your best two and support them as well as you can and if you are going to play three up top then you need players that are very quick to play right and left.

Agogo looked to be forming a good partnership with O'Connor then for some reason CC messed about with it, hopefully the new guy will not make the same mistakes.

soproni1
08-11-2011, 02:01 PM
The only stubbornness from CC was trying to shoehorn forwards into his starting line up weakening the midfield, always thought that was the biggest problem that both Hughes and Mixu did too.

I've always thought that you pick your best two and support them as well as you can and if you are going to play three up top then you need players that are very quick to play right and left.

Agogo looked to be forming a good partnership with O'Connor then for some reason CC messed about with it, hopefully the new guy will not make the same mistakes.

The Dundee Utd game and especially the St J game Agogo looked like the player which had persuaded CC to sign him. A big threat when fit and played in his best position - as a proper Centre Forward!!!

Kerrplunk
08-11-2011, 02:12 PM
Only seen him play a couple of times but find it hard to believe how much stick he seems to get.
Against St Johnstone he was outstanding.

Beefster
08-11-2011, 02:14 PM
If our ambitions are one point from the bottom, Agogo's the man for the job. He plays like Emile Heskey will in about 35 years.

blackpoolhibs
08-11-2011, 02:18 PM
I feel he has got better, and you can see flashes of what he must have been like a few years ago. I do think he might be better further up the park, with someone playing off him.

J-C
08-11-2011, 03:17 PM

This statement could be made of many players, Riordan/Murray/Sproule and that's just from Hibs.

Jones28
08-11-2011, 03:59 PM
Agree with the bit in bold, and I would add St Mirren away, especially to the one above who claims he goal scoring ability is better...based on what exactly?

Maybe the goals he scored last season that got Hibs out of the *****?

Judas Iscariot
08-11-2011, 04:18 PM
If our ambitions are one point from the bottom, Agogo's the man for the job. He plays like Emile Heskey will in about 35 years.

:agree:

This statement could be made of many players, Riordan/Murray/Sproule and that's just from Hibs.

Riordan scored goals throughout both his spells at Hibs though, not like this no-hoper :taxi

GreenPJ
08-11-2011, 04:25 PM
Gie it a rest with the Riordan nonsense - he was murder for at least the last 6 months he was here. No one is doubting he scored goals previously but he was nowhere near them in the last 6 months of his time here.

Agogo is not going to score a lot of goals up here and don't see him being here next season but he is being asked to play deeper because he does work hard and has some creativity about him which is sadly lacking everywhere else at the moment.

Judas Iscariot
08-11-2011, 04:27 PM
Gie it a rest with the Riordan nonsense - he was murder for at least the last 6 months he was here. No one is doubting he scored goals previously but he was nowhere near them in the last 6 months of his time here.

Agogo is not going to score a lot of goals up here and don't see him being here next season but he is being asked to play deeper because he does work hard and has some creativity about him which is sadly lacking everywhere else at the moment.

How many has Agogo scored in what, almost 3 months?

hibsbollah
08-11-2011, 04:31 PM
Im almost speechless. Everyones entitled to their opinion but it would be sensible if some folk actually watched a game of football at some point before commentating on the merits of football players.

DH1875
08-11-2011, 04:33 PM
Have never understood why Sodje is missing out to Agogo. He is faster, a better goalscorer and looks a lot harder to get the better of in a 50-50.

Spot on :top marks.

Albion Hibs
08-11-2011, 09:15 PM
Maybe the goals he scored last season that got Hibs out of the *****?

He did score important goals, but why are you comparing last season, you do realise Agogo was not at Hibs then?

Agogo has scored and set up goals this season, I have seen him play each game he has featured in and I would have him in the team every time. I am not knocking sodje, but the question was about agogo, I think he is a good player, and if the question is between him and sodje, I would say agogo, no question.

hibee
08-11-2011, 09:23 PM
Agogo has been one of the better players this season and appears fitter than most of the team, doesn't stop running and putting in the effort for the whole game.

AndyB_70
08-11-2011, 09:49 PM
I think this is more of a case of someone that has clearly not watched hibs this season, yet feels fit to comment. Agogo has performed consistantly well since he came in for us, and back from injury. A few stray passes at the weekend, but thats because he was actually dropping deep and not passing backwards or 5 yards sideways.

I dont think CC could be considered to be stubborn, was more than happy to hook Thornhill, Palsson, and Sproule when playing poorly.

Dont agree with anything that you have said.

If he has not been to games this season then I've been sitting next to his double for the last umpteen seasons. You are the classic case of someone not allowing someone else to have a different opinion to your own.
I agree with James and think he its murder. Doesn't chase, doesn't tackle, can't pass and can't shoot. Apart from that he is fantastic. How he got picked for every game is a mystery.

hulk
08-11-2011, 09:50 PM
Agogo had a poor game at the weekend but that aside has been improving. There is certainly a few in the east who don't like him - slagging him off after 5 mins and for the whole game - out of order. Personally think there is a decent player in there

Jamesie
08-11-2011, 09:57 PM
I think this is more of a case of someone that has clearly not watched hibs this season, yet feels fit to comment.

The only games I've missed this season are Motherwell away in the CIS Cup, Dundee United at home and Aberdeen at home. Mind you, it seems that Agogo may have played his best game for us against United from what I've heard.

Albion Hibs
08-11-2011, 11:03 PM
If he has not been to games this season then I've been sitting next to his double for the last umpteen seasons. You are the classic case of someone not allowing someone else to have a different opinion to your own.
I agree with James and think he its murder. Doesn't chase, doesn't tackle, can't pass and can't shoot. Apart from that he is fantastic. How he got picked for every game is a mystery.

Maybe you should spend less time gazing into each others eyes and watch the football then.

I think you will find I stated pretty clearly, in fact 100% clearly, at the end of my post that I disagreed. If you can show be the bit in my post were I told him to retract his statement that would be helpful.

Albion Hibs
08-11-2011, 11:06 PM
The only games I've missed this season are Motherwell away in the CIS Cup, Dundee United at home and Aberdeen at home. Mind you, it seems that Agogo may have played his best game for us against United from what I've heard.

Well he did score 1 and set up one from memory, not bad really. He was very good against Motherwell in the cup and I thought he played well against celtic away.

Out of interest how many games has he started this season, it can only be 6 or 7.

Jones28
09-11-2011, 02:08 AM
He did score important goals, but why are you comparing last season, you do realise Agogo was not at Hibs then?

Agogo has scored and set up goals this season, I have seen him play each game he has featured in and I would have him in the team every time. I am not knocking sodje, but the question was about agogo, I think he is a good player, and if the question is between him and sodje, I would say agogo, no question.

Funnily enough yes I do know Agogo was not at Hibs :rolleyes:

The question was about Agogo, I think I made it pretty clear that I would rather have Sodje for the reasons stated previously. They are both physical strikers, ie same postion. So a comparison between the 2 of them is obvious surely? I appreciate that Agogo has been being played out of position though, so is perhaps not showing how good he can be. He played well against Utd and St Johnstone and scored 1 goal1 and 1 assist IIRC, but apart from that he hasn't done much else.

Sodje scored 6 in 13 starts, Agogo has scored 1 in 13 appearances, mostly starts.

CmoantheHibs
09-11-2011, 05:05 AM
Personally, from what I have seen of him, he looks like he could be a cracking player.Like some people have said previously his partnership with GOC seemed to be develloping well.GOC would make intelligent runs and Junior was clever enough to know what these runs were and try to feed him in.Their link up play showed a good understanding of each others game.Not sure why he was changed from playing up top to a deeper role.I would like to see the new manager play them both up top again and concentrate on getting whats behind them playing more as a unit.

lucky
09-11-2011, 07:46 AM
I actually like the guy. He has been playing well. I would play him up front before Griffiths. As for Sodje, he's a big honest pro but is extremely limited as a footballer. But I still think he can contribute to the worst Hibs team in 15 years.

Northernhibee
09-11-2011, 02:47 PM
I like him, he puts in a good shift and has a little creativity.