PDA

View Full Version : AGM and Protest/Updates

Pages : [1] 2 3

Baldy
07-11-2011, 05:13 PM
has anyone else heard about a planned protest against Petrie and the board taking place outside the Famous Five tomorrow night whilst the AGM is taking place?

Jack
07-11-2011, 05:28 PM
Nope.

18/03/07
07-11-2011, 05:31 PM
Nope.
nope

Diclonius
07-11-2011, 05:35 PM
Nope.

NYHibby
07-11-2011, 06:16 PM
#occupyeasterroad ?

Petrie and the board are the 1%?

Viva_Palmeiras
07-11-2011, 06:23 PM
#occupyeasterroad ?

Petrie and the board are the 1%?

That was yamonomics as all good hibees know RP alone is 10%

mca
07-11-2011, 06:59 PM
#occupyeasterroad ?

Quality - rod could maybe claim to have filled the stadium for once !!!

Twiglet
07-11-2011, 07:37 PM
A friend has just shared a link to a "sack the board" protest on Facebook. 7-10 tomorrow night at ER.

SteveHFC
07-11-2011, 07:42 PM
http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=217642271637553

ozzie
07-11-2011, 07:43 PM
owh my god we're turning into jambos.

Captain Trips
07-11-2011, 07:48 PM
Anyone making an effigy?

iwasthere1972
07-11-2011, 07:54 PM
http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=217642271637553

I would :faf: my :asshole: off if only 2 or 3 :******: turned up. Gave it ten minutes and jumped in a :taxi when they couldn't stand the cold any longer.

Protest my :asshole:

FifeeHibee
07-11-2011, 08:54 PM
Can we please give the board a break!They've tried to do well by us!...

Calderwood- Solid record in England
Hughes- Fans' (cheap) choice, mistake. The fact that he couldn't string two words together should have been a clue!!
Mixu- Had done ok. Popular (cheap) choice. mistake.
Collins- Potentially fantastic. What went wrong?
Mowbray- INSPIRATIONAL.
Williamson- Supposedly solid....ahem! Board mistake.
Sauzee- Who wouldn't have taken him on?
McLeish- Strong appointment. Best available.
Duffy- The only obvious blank!
Miller- Yaaaaaaaawn. Board was too loyal for too long.
Blackley- Who wouldn't have taken him on?
Stanton- Who wouldn't have taken him on?
Auld- Could have done better! But a high class pedigree.
Ormond- Who else to follow Turnbull? Who wouldn't have taken him on?
Turnbull- The magician.

That is one good set of appointments. They didn't all work out. Unfortunately the recent good ones pissed off pretty quick! Money talks!

Now tell the board they suck!!

EasterRoad4Ever
07-11-2011, 10:22 PM
Can we please give the board a break!They've tried to do well by us!...

Calderwood- Solid record in England
Hughes- Fans' (cheap) choice, mistake. The fact that he couldn't string two words together should have been a clue!!
Mixu- Had done ok. Popular (cheap) choice. mistake.
Collins- Potentially fantastic. What went wrong?
Mowbray- INSPIRATIONAL.
Williamson- Supposedly solid....ahem! Board mistake.
Sauzee- Who wouldn't have taken him on?
McLeish- Strong appointment. Best available.
Duffy- The only obvious blank!
Miller- Yaaaaaaaawn. Board was too loyal for too long.
Blackley- Who wouldn't have taken him on?
Stanton- Who wouldn't have taken him on?
Auld- Could have done better! But a high class pedigree.
Ormond- Who else to follow Turnbull? Who wouldn't have taken him on?
Turnbull- The magician.

That is one good set of appointments. They didn't all work out. Unfortunately the recent good ones pissed off pretty quick! Money talks!

Now tell the board they suck!!

No one can deny that Hibernian FC has seriously under performed for a club of its size over the last 30 years. Apart from the odd League Cup win we have won zip and punched well below our weight. And don;t get me started on how bad our Derby record has been - in a 2 horse race. A few of the appointments have been ok - Turnbull (genius), McLeish (pretty good) and Mowbray (inspired) were all great appointments and brought Hibs fans moments to remember. The rest were basically failures - some of them spectacular.

Boards are not there to be popular, make the obvious choice, act as lay people or fans. They are there to make the right decisions for the club and on the whole they have failed when it has come to picking a successful manager. In fact their record is so bad, sticking a pin in a list of candidates would probably have given us a better return. From top to bottom, the club looks stale bereft of ambition, self-belief and drive. You can only blame one group for that - the Hibs Board.

1875 NO 1
08-11-2011, 06:10 AM
A friend has just shared a link to a "sack the board" protest on Facebook. 7-10 tomorrow night at ER.

I was reading 6-45pm start and the shareholders join the meeting at 7pm and the other fans protest outside. AGM last 90 mins. Protest wont be anything like 3 hours.

It is another way for fans to get the message over to the board and STF. We have had enough.

Newhaven
08-11-2011, 06:19 AM
I got a text saying that Albion Hibs will be at Easter Road from 6.30 to boo every single shareholder and supporter that goes in as it's their fault that were in the state we are NOT the board or Calderwood.

hibsbollah
08-11-2011, 06:24 AM
Pitchforks going cheap.

Kaiser1962
08-11-2011, 06:50 AM
I was reading 6-45pm start and the shareholders join the meeting at 7pm and the other fans protest outside. AGM last 90 mins. Protest wont be anything like 3 hours.

It is another way for fans to get the message over to the board and STF. We have had enough.

What a load of cack. What do you expect to achieve and how will it be done?

PS Dont come within three feet of me :wink:

Phil D. Rolls
08-11-2011, 09:27 AM

Funnily enough, I found myself admiring a yellow cardigan the last time I was at Ocean Terminal. :shocked:

greenlex
08-11-2011, 09:31 AM
I'm gonna take a box of fake mousers down so the protesters can kick them up and down St Clair street.

erin go bragh
08-11-2011, 09:38 AM
No one can deny that Hibernian FC has seriously under performed for a club of its size over the last 30 years. Apart from the odd League Cup win we have won zip and punched well below our weight. And don;t get me started on how bad our Derby record has been - in a 2 horse race. A few of the appointments have been ok - Turnbull (genius), McLeish (pretty good) and Mowbray (inspired) were all great appointments and brought Hibs fans moments to remember. The rest were basically failures - some of them spectacular.

Boards are not there to be popular, make the obvious choice, act as lay people or fans. They are there to make the right decisions for the club and on the whole they have failed when it has come to picking a successful manager. In fact their record is so bad, sticking a pin in a list of candidates would probably have given us a better return. From top to bottom, the club looks stale bereft of ambition, self-belief and drive. You can only blame one group for that - the Hibs Board.

Collins a failure :rolleyes:

ggtth

Kojock
08-11-2011, 09:41 AM
has anyone else heard about a planned protest against Petrie and the board taking place outside the Famous Five tomorrow night whilst the AGM is taking place?

Was speakingto a G4S official after the match on Saturday and they were saying they had got wind of a protest and that they would be stewarding it accordingly.

green glory
08-11-2011, 09:56 AM
Anyone making an effigy?

I've got an old puppet of Sprocket from Fraggle Rock. Put a wee suit on it and we're sorted.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20060108205652/muppet/images/thumb/e/e1/Sprocket.jpg/300px-Sprocket.jpg

Phil MaGlass
08-11-2011, 09:59 AM

Again Hibs fans putting the boot in, the guys are trying to get the message across that enough is enough, nowt wrong with that, Petrie needs to get the message. If I was back in Edinburgh I would support it aswell. Weve turned into toothless fans. Why do we find it necessary to rip into the ones who are making a stand for the club they love??

KeithTheHibby
08-11-2011, 10:42 AM
I got a text saying that Albion Hibs will be at Easter Road from 6.30 to boo every single shareholder and supporter that goes in as it's their fault that were in the state we are NOT the board or Calderwood.

Well if that is the case I look forward to him booing me then. What a prize plum.

1875 NO 1
08-11-2011, 11:12 AM

true rubbish idea. we should praise petrie for loosing 1000s of season tick holders, running up millions in operating losses in last few years, no more family silver to sell, product on the park being dire, more managers than hot dinners.

look forward to hearing from you at the AGM praising Rod.

Perhaps the punters that cant take anymore of our club falling apart in front of our eyes want to remind STF and the board they have had enough.

frazeHFC
08-11-2011, 05:38 PM
My dad is at ER for the AGM and says there is a protest underway. Banners and chants.

Westie1875
08-11-2011, 05:42 PM
My dad is at ER for the AGM and says there is a protest underway. Banners and chants.

I've just gone past and there are about 15-20 people there, not much of a protest unless they increase in numbers drastically.

frazeHFC
08-11-2011, 05:43 PM
I've just gone past and there are about 15-20 people there, not much of a protest unless they increase in numbers drastically.

It may be a small one, but i suppose it is still a protest. :wink:

MWHIBBIES
08-11-2011, 05:46 PM
Its on SSN now

Allant1981
08-11-2011, 05:49 PM
Must have only been about 10 folk there

Saorsa
08-11-2011, 05:50 PM
I've just gone past and there are about 15-20 people there, not much of a protest unless they increase in numbers drastically.Apathy? Much more dangerous than anger :agree:

givescotlandfreedom
08-11-2011, 05:53 PM
Can hear them chanting 'Sack the board' from my hoose.

cabbageandribs1875
08-11-2011, 05:56 PM
lots of false moustaches getting getting kicked up and down st.clair street i'm hearing

HibeeMG
08-11-2011, 05:56 PM
I believe people should have the right to protest at anything they want but in this case I have to completely disagree with those standing outside ER right now.

What an absolute embarassment to see people shouting 'sack the board' just a few paces away from the latest addition to our fantastic ground.

Are all the protesters under the age of 25? They must be because they wouldn't remember the dark days of the Mercer take-over and how far we've come since then.

Yes, for the most part, the on-the-field levels have fallen short over the last few years but to be standing there on national telly I think is wrong.

The Falcon
08-11-2011, 05:58 PM
I believe people should have the right to protest at anything they want but in this case I have to completely disagree with those standing outside ER right now.

What an absolute embarassment to see people shouting 'sack the board' just a few paces away from the latest addition to our fantastic ground.

Are all the protesters under the age of 25? They must be because they wouldn't remember the dark days of the Mercer take-over and how far we've come since then.

Yes, for the most part, the on-the-field levels have fallen short over the last few years but to be standing there on national telly I think is wrong.

Totally.

Phil D. Rolls
08-11-2011, 05:59 PM
lots of false moustaches getting getting kicked up and down st.clair street i'm hearing

:faf:

What was pitiful about the two gentlemen interviewed on Reporting Scotland was that they seem to think sacking the board will automatically bring new investors in. I'd have thought nonsense like this stunt would only put off any sane investor. I think they are misguided.

frazeHFC
08-11-2011, 06:02 PM

I can understand why people would want to protest, but know where you are coming from. On the news they said they interviewed 2 protestors and they looked a lot over 25, put it that way. :na na:

Captain Trips
08-11-2011, 06:02 PM

He cannot live on the coat-tails of the good forever, good for him he diverted a huge chunk of some transfer money we got to help stablise the club, but for me he is now doing damage to the club, for all the money that came in thanks to the scouts he has possibly just cost the club a fair bit of money.

Thanks indeed for some of the stuff done but now well passed sell by date and should leave asap.

carnoustiehibee
08-11-2011, 06:06 PM
“@BBCchrismclaug: At Easter Road for the #Hibs AGM. Could be lively. Regular updates on the way - 3G permitting.”

The Falcon
08-11-2011, 06:07 PM

What was pitiful about the two gentlemen interviewed on Reporting Scotland was that they seem to think sacking the board will automatically bring new investors in. I'd have thought nonsense like this stunt would only put off any sane investor. I think they are misguided.

No sane investor would put any money into any Scottish club. Football in Scotland is littered with the carcasses of otherwise sane, successful business men who pump millions into their local club and get treated worse than Satan himself.

Folk think theres a long queue and forget the seventies are over.

HibeeMG
08-11-2011, 06:14 PM
I can understand why people would want to protest, but know where you are coming from. On the news they said they interviewed 2 protestors and they looked a lot over 25, put it that way. :na na:

I only caught a little bit of the piece on SSN.

Let it be a lesson to a youngster like yourself that us adults can do stupid things as well. :wink:

He cannot live on the coat-tails of the good forever, good for him he diverted a huge chunk of some transfer money we got to help stablise the club, but for me he is now doing damage to the club, for all the money that came in thanks to the scouts he has possibly just cost the club a fair bit of money.

Thanks indeed for some of the stuff done but now well passed sell by date and should leave asap.

On another thread a poster asked we thought changing a manager would change anything at the club. I defended the fact that, hopefully, a new managerial team would bring the club together in a lot of different ways.

However, I would take the opposite view when it comes to changing the board. What makes people think anything would be different? Would it not be a huge gamble?

I'm glad you've acknowledged that RP has done some good at the club. What would you have liked him to do different during his tenure? What consequences would the club have faced if he'd have done those different things?

It's a little bit different when it comes to managing a football team because things are a little bit more black and white (or less grey!). Each decision will probably see an immediate improvement or deterioration. When it comes to matters of finance, I think things are a lot more long term.

I am not for one second saying that the board and RP have done everything right. I just don't think change for the sake of it is what we need right now. I also don't think that RP deserves the abuse he has been getting but that is my own opinion and I can see why people are lashing out.

Captain Trips
08-11-2011, 06:18 PM
I only caught a little bit of the piece on SSN.

Let it be a lesson to a youngster like yourself that us adults can do stupid things as well. :wink:

On another thread a poster asked we thought changing a manager would change anything at the club. I defended the fact that, hopefully, a new managerial team would bring the club together in a lot of different ways.

However, I would take the opposite view when it comes to changing the board. What makes people think anything would be different? Would it not be a huge gamble?

I'm glad you've acknowledged that RP has done some good at the club. What would you have liked him to do different during his tenure? What consequences would the club have faced if he'd have done those different things?

It's a little bit different when it comes to managing a football team because things are a little bit more black and white (or less grey!). Each decision will probably see an immediate improvement or deterioration. When it comes to matters of finance, I think things are a lot more long term.

I am not for one second saying that the board and RP have done everything right. I just don't think change for the sake of it is what we need right now. I also don't think that RP deserves the abuse he has been getting but that is my own opinion and I can see why people are lashing out.

It is not for sake of it though we simply should be doing a lot better to even slightly justify all the expense on the infrastucture, Rod Petrie IMO is found wanting on football matters, we are at the stage or should have been on football issues other than building/investing and imo failure.

Barney McGrew
08-11-2011, 06:24 PM
Jamie Marwick Finance Director: "disappointed" by near £1m bottom line loss. Highlights poor results and recessionary pressures

Barney McGrew
08-11-2011, 06:25 PM
Shareholders questioning money from TV-divvied up by league position-conveners Hibs dipping out with high number of televised home games-gate money...

Saorsa
08-11-2011, 06:25 PM
Jamie Marwick Finance Director: "disappointed" by near £1m bottom line loss. Highlights poor results and recessionary pressuresbut more the poor results and not just this season but over several.

HibeeMG
08-11-2011, 06:26 PM
It is not for sake of it though we simply should be doing a lot better to even slightly justify all the expense on the infrastucture, Rod Petrie IMO is found wanting on football matters, we are at the stage or should have been on football issues other than building/investing and imo failure.

For a club of Hibs' size, building/investing and investing in the football side is a balancing act. Every penny is a prisoner for us.

I do think that RP has done a very good job in the main but has taken his eye of the footballing side of the business. I do not believe he should go because of it though. I think it would be a waste.

Instead of 'sacking the board' would it not be an idea to bring someone onto the board who is a 'football man'?

Anyway, I'm going to leave this thread to updates from the AGM.

Barney McGrew
08-11-2011, 06:27 PM
Petrie confirms he has received no salary this year

Petrie's Tache
08-11-2011, 06:28 PM
Maybe he gets it in a lump sum?

carnoustiehibee
08-11-2011, 06:30 PM
“@BBCchrismclaug: Rod Petrie: sorry appointment of Colin Calderwood wasnt a success * #HibsAGM”

Barney McGrew
08-11-2011, 06:31 PM
Rod Petrie says fans have made Easter Road an intimidating venue but not in the way they wanted

There are over 40 applicants for the vacant managers job as of 5pm tonight

Future17
Apathy? Much more dangerous than anger :agree:

"Apathy is the glove into which evil slips its hand." :agree:

For those protesting - you only need to look as far as Gorgie to see you should be careful what you wish for.

TheEastTerrace
RP: over 40 application for the job. Manager's budget in his and his alone - no board interference.

This is paraphrase from journos there.

Westie1875
08-11-2011, 06:32 PM
Chris McLaughlin on Twitter
RP: there is never interference from the board. The manager's budget is his and his alone

Rod is telling porkies IMO

Hibtastic
08-11-2011, 06:33 PM
Petrie confirms he has received no salary this year

...taking a leaf out of Romanovs book!!

TheEastTerrace
08-11-2011, 06:34 PM
RP clearly against Hearts stadium idea, particularly when money spent on players

Barney McGrew
There is never interference from the board. The manager's budget is his and his alone

RP: Edinburgh city council crazy to look at building stadium for Hearts when they chose to spend on players rather than stadium :top marks

R'Albin
RP: Edinburgh city council crazy to look at building stadium for #Hearts (http://www.hibs.net/#!/search?q=%23Hearts) when they chose to spend on players rather than stadium #HibsAGM (http://www.hibs.net/#!/search?q=%23HibsAGM)

Barney McGrew
08-11-2011, 06:35 PM
Board knows lack of excitement affects crowds. Running costs bigger due to EM & bigger stadium.

RP: the SPL now looking at ways of making league of 12 better. No desire for league of 10 or 14

RP: club is ready for challenges ahead under my chairmanship

TheEastTerrace
08-11-2011, 06:36 PM
RP stating CEC never helped our club with the stadium

TheEastTerrace
08-11-2011, 06:37 PM
Big statement from RP - club is ready for challenges under my chairmanship

frazeHFC
08-11-2011, 06:37 PM
RP: Edinburgh city council crazy to look at building stadium for #Hearts (http://www.hibs.net/#!/search?q=%23Hearts) when they chose to spend on players rather than stadium #HibsAGM (http://www.hibs.net/#!/search?q=%23HibsAGM)

Was that meant for twitter? :dunno: :greengrin

R'Albin
08-11-2011, 06:38 PM
Was that meant for twitter? :dunno: :greengrin

I actually lifted it from Twitter but didn't add in the boy's name:wink:

Barney McGrew
08-11-2011, 06:38 PM
Edinburgh already has a 20,000 seater UEFA compliant stadium... Easter Road

:greengrin:top marks

Petrie makes way for managing director Fyfe Hyland to the light applause of the shareholders

Saorsa
08-11-2011, 06:39 PM
Big statement from RP - club is ready for challenges under my chairmanshipis that the same as stepping back?

frazeHFC
08-11-2011, 06:40 PM
is that the same as stepping back?

:tee hee:

TheEastTerrace
08-11-2011, 06:40 PM

Wouldn't seem so, think this could be considered a direct response to Saturday's and tonight's call for RP to go

TheEastTerrace
08-11-2011, 06:41 PM
Retail sales down by 18% but commercial revenues up thanks to Russell Smith - Hyland

nortonhibby
08-11-2011, 06:43 PM

ITS OVER RP GO NOW:taxi

Saorsa
08-11-2011, 06:43 PM
Retail sales down by 18% but commercial revenues up thanks to Russell Smith - HylandCannae be me, I've bought 4 strips

well done Russell :aok: good lad tae have on board :agree:

TheEastTerrace
08-11-2011, 06:44 PM
Hyland: We need to provide reasons to believe & that stems from product on pitch. We know we have to regain your trust.

Hyland: Board is v accessible to fans; we've nothing to hide.We ARE stronger together.We need to know how you want to be involved

greenlex
08-11-2011, 06:44 PM
Appreciating the updates but by having thus on a public forum we are just making tge journalists job so much easier IMO

Barney McGrew
08-11-2011, 06:45 PM
Hyland: "Board is v accessible to fans; we've nothing to hide. We ARE stronger together. We need to know how you want to be involved"

leither17
08-11-2011, 06:46 PM
Appreciating the updates but by having thus on a public forum we are just making tge journalists job so much easier IMO

folk are lifting some of this from twitter of the journos they follow mate

nortonhibby
08-11-2011, 06:46 PM

SO WHAT WE ALL HAVE ONE GOAL RP :taxi

HibeeMG
08-11-2011, 06:48 PM
ITS OVER RP GO NOW:taxi

SO WHAT WE ALL HAVE ONE GOAL RP :taxi

I think you've made your point with the taxi's.

TheEastTerrace

Should have said these are the updates from the journos who are there mate.

Barney McGrew
We are just making the journalists job so much easier IMO

The updates are mainly coming via journos that are there Lex so that everyone on here can see what's being said :aok:

Hyland: "We don't operate in an ivory tower, we operate from the ground up."

carnoustiehibee
08-11-2011, 06:49 PM

Even though it's the journalists updating us through twitter

Barney McGrew
08-11-2011, 06:50 PM
A fan asks Sir Tom Farmer if he would let Kwik Fit be run the same way as Hibs :greengrin

Hyland: "must learn from our mistakes but not look backwards"

RP: There was interest in Calderwood in summer. We need to learn lessons from decisions made then. Easy in hindsight

Saorsa
08-11-2011, 06:51 PM
A fan asks Sir Tom Farmer if he would let Kwik Fit be run the same way as Hibs :greengrin:thumbsup:

HibeeMG
08-11-2011, 06:52 PM
A fan asks Sir Tom Farmer if he would let Kwik Fit be run the same way as Hibs :greengrin

What a waste of a question! He gets the chance to ask a pertinent, probing question and that's what he come up with. I despair!

R'Albin
08-11-2011, 06:52 PM
BBCchrismclaug (http://www.hibs.net/#!/BBCchrismclaug)Chris McLaughlin

RP: we thought it was in best interests of club to back CC in summer #HibsAGM (http://www.hibs.net/#!/search?q=%23HibsAGM)

32 seconds ago (http://www.hibs.net/#!/BBCchrismclaug/status/133995217878654977)Favorite (http://www.hibs.net/#)Retweet (http://www.hibs.net/#)Reply (http://www.hibs.net/#)
»

BBCchrismclaug (http://www.hibs.net/#!/BBCchrismclaug)Chris McLaughlin

RP: was interest in Calderwood in summer. We need to learn lessons from decisions made then. Easy in hindsight #HibsAGM (http://www.hibs.net/#!/search?q=%23HibsAGM)

Barney McGrew
08-11-2011, 06:53 PM
RP: we thought it was in best interests of club to back CC in summer

nortonhibby

RP: There was interest in Calderwood in summer. We need to learn lessons from decisions made then. Easy in hindsight

he sold Kwik Fit for a fortune.

TheEastTerrace
Concern raised over links with Jeffries and Lazlo

Cropley10
Rod Petrie says fans have made Easter Road an intimidating venue but not in the way they wanted

There are over 40 applicants for the vacant managers job as of 5pm tonight

It's the fan's fault :agree: our fault the previous incumbent's team played football to make yet eyes bleed.

Barney McGrew
shareholder Raises concern over reports Jefferies or Laszlo may be considered for the managers post

Saorsa
08-11-2011, 06:54 PM
What a waste of a question! He gets the chance to ask a pertinent, probing question and that's what he come up with. I despair!seems like a fair question tae me.

TheEastTerrace
Jim Spence - Steven Brockie of Hibs supporters association says he has no confidence in the board to turn things round.

stokesmessiah
shareholder Raises concern over reports Jefferies or Laszlo may be considered for the managers post

Response???

TheEastTerrace
Petrie: Summer offers for Calderwood weren't acceptable. Notts Forest offered less than Hibs offered Newcastle

The Falcon

Does he still own Kwik Fit?

Saorsa
RP: we thought it was in best interests of club to back CC in summerwrong again then?

R'Albin
08-11-2011, 06:55 PM
he sold Kwik Fit for a fortune.

:applause::applause:

carnoustiehibee
“@bbcjimspence: Steven Brockie of Hibs supporters association says he has no confidence in the board to turn things round.”

TheEastTerrace
Does he still own Kwik Fit?

Sold it donkeys ago

1two

Even if they were under 25, what's your point??

No doubting we've had 25 years of progress but there comes a time for change. Our time was about 3 seasons ago.

If you need you need change in the world then you need the youth to drive it. If that's what it takes at hibs then so be it.

I'd argue the older generation of fans have been accepting the same old ***** for too long and just can't be arsed to do the right thing!

It's our club, not petries or farmers. If we want change then we can make it happen.

GGTTH

Barney McGrew
Petrie on interest in calderwood in the summer - 1 club wanted less for him than was paid to NUFC other sent mixed messages over desire for him as #2

Shareholder making point about supporters' disgust at players in media for all the wrong reasons. Lots of 'hear hears' from crowd.

Fans weren't consulted over Friday night football because "it's an experiment to see what benefit there is"

HibeeMG
seems like a fair question tae me.

For one, they're two completely different types of business so it's an easy one to get out of and therefore we learn nothing.

For two, what did the questioner expect STF to say?

nortonhibby
:thumbsup:

Dodged a bullit again RP is like the guy in the Matrix RP has to go NOW We are being patted on the head like a we dug.

TheEastTerrace
08-11-2011, 06:56 PM
Shareholder making point about supporters' disgust at players in media for all the wrong reasons. Lots of 'hear hears' from crowd.

frazeHFC
Concern raised over links with Jeffries and Lazlo

Good. Don't want them, no way.

Pretty Boy
Usual good and positive noises coming from the board, now to follow it up with a swift, decent managerial appointment.

More importantly though was there a scrap in the car park.between a couple of fat bassas at the protest, that's a big team protest!!

1two

No, in fact the exact opposite!

Yams have been bending over and recieving romanovs fat one (I have no proof he has a fat one) for a good 5-6 years now.
Apart from the open letters signed on kickback and the odd hat getting kicked about theyve just accepted it

On the other hand year after year after year the hibs board have asked us to accept their apologies for yet another failure (does nobody else think its strange that we have sacked another manager just days before the AGM?)
Some hibs fans have had enough and they're trying to do something about it, others are like yams and just accept it, roll over and take it!

matty_f
08-11-2011, 06:57 PM
Dodged a bullit again RP is like the guy in the Matrix RP has to go NOW We are being patted on the head like a we dug.

It would be just terrific if you could make every single one of your posts about RP. Maybe chuck a few taxis and that in now and again as well. Thanks.

nortonhibby
08-11-2011, 06:59 PM
wrong again then?

Wrong again how many times 100k a year he earns from our club to admit he got it wrong:taxi

Peevemor
08-11-2011, 06:59 PM
It would be just terrific if you could make every single one of your posts about RP. Maybe chuck a few taxis and that in now and again as well. Thanks.

:greengrin

HibeeMG
08-11-2011, 07:00 PM
Even if they were under 25, what's your point??

No doubting we've had 25 years of progress but there comes a time for change. Our time was about 3 seasons ago.

If you need you need change in the world then you need the youth to drive it. If that's what it takes at hibs then so be it.

I'd argue the older generation of fans have been accepting the same old ***** for too long and just can't be arsed to do the right thing!

It's our club, not petries or farmers. If we want change then we can make it happen.

GGTTH

But who decides that 'we' want change. I accept that the 'sack the board' brigade have some valid points just as I would hope that they would see some validity in mine. Who gets the deciding vote then because it isn't black and white is it? You cannot guarantee me that things will improve or even that they won't get worse by changing the board.

Oh, and I'm only 35 so I'm neither the older generation or the youth! :greengrin

carnoustiehibee
More posts on this than there was for the game on sat

TheEastTerrace
Wrong again how many times 100k a year he earns from our club to admit he got it wrong:taxi

RP took no salary from Hibs last year

Hibtastic

OK Yogi, we know its you!!!!

degenerated

I'm fairly sure Petrie must have pumped his missus or something as this appears to be his raison d'être :agree:

Pretty Boy
08-11-2011, 07:01 PM

Did you not remember the wee taxi this time?

R'Albin

:hilarious

Nuitdelune

Lets have an AGM every Saturday

dirtydirk
Good to see Paul dalgliesh still takes a keen interest in hibs. Asked on twitter for hibs fans to keep him updated with the agm

At The Edge
08-11-2011, 07:02 PM
Any reply on the Jeffries or Shabby question?

iwasthere1972

Much more excitement as well and it's warm.

Barney McGrew

It would save us having to watch the pish on the park :greengrin

HibeeMG

Would than not be an SGM then? :wink:

TheEastTerrace
Fan asks about board considering their position due to losing fans. SL justifies building of new East to best adv. Fan asks question again, SL says wages/structure have been reconsidered

TheEastTerrace
08-11-2011, 07:03 PM
Hibs chief exec Scott Lindsay: top of criteria list for new manager is - leadership

Barney McGrew
08-11-2011, 07:04 PM
Scott Lindsay: top of criteria list for new manager is - leadership

Saorsa
Fan asks about board considering their position due to losing fans. SL justifies building of new East to best adv. Fan asks question again, SL says wages/structure have been reconsideredwhat about the lost fans though :greengrin

Sergey
I think we have a winner, folks...

http://www.hibs.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=5956&d=1270370616

1two
But who decides that 'we' want change. I accept that the 'sack the board' brigade have some valid points just as I would hope that they would see some validity in mine. Who gets the deciding vote then because it isn't black and white is it? You cannot guarantee me that things will improve or even that they won't get worse by changing the board.

Oh, and I'm only 35 so I'm neither the older generation or the youth! :greengrin

That's down to opinions. What I should have said is that
"if the majority want change they can make it happen"
and to me it looks like its slowly turning into a majority.
I'll include myself in that.

35? Hmmm, again that's down to opinions :greengrin:

TheEastTerrace
Ewan Murray from Guardian - Joking aside, hope the Hibs shareholders see thru the annual 'we're in a fine state' dross. Bad management has many forms.

H18sry
08-11-2011, 07:05 PM
BBCchrismclaug Chris McLaughlin
Hibs chief exec Scott Lindsay: top of criteria list for new manager is - leadership #HibsAGM
1 minute ago Favorite Retweet

TheEastTerrace
08-11-2011, 07:06 PM
Q: Will Sir Tom Farmer let someone with financial clout invest in players. SL: It's about how team plays but also about leadership and inspiring both the supporters and the players.

frazeHFC
08-11-2011, 07:06 PM
Ewan Murray from Guardian - Joking aside, hope the Hibs shareholders see thru the annual 'we're in a fine state' dross. Bad management has many forms.

This is my thoughts. They are not going to come out all negative. They can sound positive which is great, but we need to see the changes, mostly results wise.

TheEastTerrace
08-11-2011, 07:07 PM
Jim Spence - One fan tells rod Petrie you have to look at your position as chairman given your record of managerial appointments

Rod Petrie says board meet tomorrow to discuss candidates for hibs managers job

zlatan
This does just sound like some fine management speak in places.

Barney McGrew
Fan makes point that Mowbray's team increased fans but won nothing.

Petrie: We have been in top 6 in past 6 out of 7 seasons, with cup win & Europe. But we take responsibility, it's a board decision.

RP: not just looking at managers out of work. We are prepared to go for man already in employment

HibeeMG
That's down to opinions. What I should have said is that
"if the majority want change they can make it happen"
and to me it looks like its slowly turning into a majority.
I'll include myself in that.

35? Hmmm, again that's down to opinions :greengrin:

At last look the wee 'should RP go' poll was around 50/50 so no clear majority there then.

I think this next managerial appointment and how the rest of this season goes is massive for the board. Like I say, I am for backing them at the moment but can see merit in what the opposers say.

Oh, and ye'r a cheeky bassa! :na na:

TheEastTerrace
08-11-2011, 07:08 PM
Petrie: We have been in top 6 in past 6 out of 7 seasons, with cup win & Europe. But we take responsibility, it's a board decision.

nortonhibby
OK Yogi, we know its you!!!!

Yogi got the blame fur all the loss it wisnae his fault he got us into a 4th place and Europe if hed been given mare time Yogi wid have turned it round he wis turned on by Petrie and Aye am no happy about it.
Yogi is a pal oh mine so what.

mixu got done over as well so did JC.

And Nae Taxi.:flag:

TheEastTerrace
what about the lost fans though :greengrin

Indeed :greengrin

hibiedude
Again Hibs fans putting the boot in, the guys are trying to get the message across that enough is enough, nowt wrong with that, Petrie needs to get the message. If I was back in Edinburgh I would support it aswell. Weve turned into toothless fans. Why do we find it necessary to rip into the ones who are making a stand for the club they love??

The fans that protest have every right to do so after all they protested after the Game on Saturday and come Sunday Calderwood was gone.

Petrie should walk but from what im hearing some muppets are are hanging on to his every word. I wish some fans would get a back bone

TheEastTerrace
08-11-2011, 07:09 PM
Ewan Murray - Hibs as a club need fresh energy, reinvigoration from the top down. Punters can see it, hence their crowds. 'Oh but we have a nice ground..'

The Falcon
08-11-2011, 07:10 PM

givescotlandfreedom
There is never interference from the board. The manager's budget is his and his alone

Easy to say that with no manager there!

grunt
Petrie should walk but from what im hearing some muppets are are hanging on to his every word. I wish some fans would get a back boneI expect that not every fan blames RP for this or wants him to go. Would you rather have Vlad?

Saorsa
:faf:I thought you were at the AGM Rod

HibeeMG
08-11-2011, 07:11 PM
The fans that protest have every right to do so after all they protested after the Game on Saturday and come Sunday Calderwood was gone.

Petrie should walk but from what im hearing some muppets are are hanging on to his every word. I wish some fans would get a back bone

I'm definitely not hanging off his every word but I wish that some fans would come up with viable solutions and back them up with reasons and consequences.

The Falcon
08-11-2011, 07:11 PM
Usual good and positive noises coming from the board, now to follow it up with a swift, decent managerial appointment.

More importantly though was there a scrap in the car park.between a couple of fat bassas at the protest, that's a big team protest!!

There were a lot of people who thought the last four were decent. Thats the hard bit.

Westie1875
08-11-2011, 07:12 PM
Ewan Murray - Hibs as a club need fresh energy, reinvigoration from the top down. Punters can see it, hence their crowds. 'Oh but we have a nice ground..'

Ewan Murray is a Hearts fan, and it is showing in his tweets from the AGM IMO, just digs at the club and no facts about what is actually being said.

grunt
There were a lot of people who thought the last four were decent. Thats the hard bit.Agreed.

Barney McGrew
Langham: Hibs same as Fulham/Villa were in that 'no football man' on board, but like Hibs, consulted widely before decisions made

Viva_Palmeiras
Any reply on the Jeffries or Shabby question?

Shabby was again supping a latte in Costa...

Saorsa
08-11-2011, 07:13 PM
Ewan Murray is a Hearts fan, and it is showing in his tweets from the AGM IMO, just digs at the club and no facts about what is actually being said.He's got this right though even if he is a ****

Hibs as a club need fresh energy, reinvigoration from the top down

TheEastTerrace
08-11-2011, 07:14 PM
Ewan Murray is a Hearts fan, and it is showing in his tweets from the AGM IMO, just digs at the club and no facts about what is actually being said.

He is a Jambo, but find him to pretty objective in his journalism. Don't think he has been out of line

grunt
Ewan Murray is a Hearts fan, and it is showing in his tweets from the AGM IMO, just digs at the club and no facts about what is actually being said.Agreed - I'm sure this is a welcome diversion from worrying about how long his beloved Hearts have left.

SkintHibby
Somebody please answer FFS - What was the response when asked about Jumbo Jefferies being considered for the managers job?

hibsbollah
I expect that not every fan blames RP for this or wants him to go. Would you rather have Vlad?

Are Rod and Vlad the only options we're allowed?

bighairyfaeleith
08-11-2011, 07:15 PM

maybe they just have a different opinion from you:rolleyes:

1two
At last look the wee 'should RP go' poll was around 50/50 so no clear majority there then.

I think this next managerial appointment and how the rest of this season goes is massive for the board. Like I say, I am for backing them at the moment but can see merit in what the opposers say.

Oh, and ye'r a cheeky bassa! :na na:

We were in a similar position last season. The difference was we had X amount o players out of contract at the end of that season. We had just completed the stadium and if the correct appointment was made we could have progressed. We're worse off now than last year yet some fans are wanting another let's wait and see season.

And if Petrie is stating that he hasn't received a salary this season can someone ask if he has received any pay out from hibs in any way this year and if so, then how much?

TheEastTerrace
Somebody please answer FFS - What was the response when asked about Jumbo Jefferies being considered for the managers job?

The board are meeting to discuss options tomorrow - no direct response I figure, otherwise would have been reported

grunt
08-11-2011, 07:16 PM
Somebody please answer FFS - What was the response when asked about Jumbo Jefferies being considered for the managers job?We don't know. This thread is based on tweets from the AGM and if it ain't been tweeted, we don't know it.

tamig

Funny. I've noticed that too. norton has an obsession with taxis.

hibiedude
I expect that not every fan blames RP for this or wants him to go. Would you rather have Vlad?

Is that the only option ?

SkintHibby
08-11-2011, 07:17 PM
The board are meeting to discuss options tomorrow - no direct response I figure, otherwise would have been reported

Cheers!
:aok:

Cropley10
There were a lot of people who thought the last four were decent. Thats the hard bit.

And an awful lot who didn't want Yogi or Mixu.

Jonnyboy
Funny. I've noticed that too. norton has an obsession with taxis.

Maybe Yogi's taken to driving one?

Pretty Boy

No argument from me there. With the exception of Hughes I was a fan of the almost all the appointments this board have made, as were a majority of fans. A fact often overlooked when the knives are out for Rod and Co.

TheEastTerrace
Ewan Murray - Hibs should be a major Scottish club. If the present incumbents aren't taken to task now for this ongoing malaise, they never will be.

grunt
Are Rod and Vlad the only options we're allowed?Clearly not. I was just offering an alternative in order to make a point. Which is more than most folk who want RP to go.

TheEastTerrace
08-11-2011, 07:19 PM
RP: cant fault time CC spent in Edinburgh. He was thoroughly professional. Would like new man to be based in Edinburgh tho

grunt
Hibs should be a major Scottish club. If the present incumbents aren't taken to task now for this ongoing malaise, they never will beHmm, no bias there then.

Barney McGrew
RP: Ideal if new manager lives in Edinburgh, but can't fault Colin Calderwood's presence at training/East Mains etc.

RP: Colin Calderwood was thoroughly professional during tenure.

TheEastTerrace
08-11-2011, 07:20 PM
Interesting debate on 5Live just now and Scottish football malaise - Leckie getting stuck into Petrie,.....and mad Vlad for that matter

stokesmessiah
Hmm, no bias there then.

There is some truth in it though ?

Hibeescott

I wish some fans would stop talking utter rubbish and thinking they are talking for the majority!

In this financial climate the main criteria for a chairman should be someone who can run the club well and keep us on a sound financial footing. That for me, for now, is Petrie.

Yes the recent appointments haven't been as we hoped, but it baffles me how so called professional managers can be so inept tactically as the ones we have had.

The Falcon
08-11-2011, 07:21 PM
I thought you were at the AGM Rod

Babysitting my 2yo grandaughter Dan (who has thankfully run out of petrol and is now lying face down three feet away) :agree:

grunt
08-11-2011, 07:22 PM
There is some truth in it though ?Tbh I'm struggling to see what the current Board have done wrong. They've made what looked at the time like good managerial appointments, they've funded them and backed the managers, and the team continues to perform badly.

The Falcon
08-11-2011, 07:23 PM
Are Rod and Vlad the only options we're allowed?

Is there a queue?

HibeeMG
I wish some fans would stop talking utter rubbish and thinking they are talking for the majority!

In this financial climate the main criteria for a chairman should be someone who can run the club well and keep us on a sound financial footing. That for me, for now, is Petrie.

Yes the recent appointments haven't been as we hoped, but it baffles me how so called professional managers can be so inept tactically as the ones we have had.

Exactly what I've been saying. Maybe we're not in a minority!

thekaratekid
Hmm, no bias there then.

I find that to be a perfectly reasonable statement.

He may be a jambo but he's pretty objective when it comes to football writing. He's written some damning pieces on Hearts of late.

hibsbollah
Clearly not. I was just offering an alternative in order to make a point. Which is more than most folk who want RP to go.

So to paraphrase;

Q-Would you like a boot in the baws?
A-Naw, you're OK, thanks for asking.
Q-You ungrateful bassa, would you rather get a poke in the eye?
A- I just came in here for a ****ing skinny latte and a biscotti and then you give me two totally unconnected and irrelevant options FFS. I'll take my custom elsewhere.

hibiedude
08-11-2011, 07:24 PM
Clearly not. I was just offering an alternative in order to make a point. Which is more than most folk who want RP to go.

So would I like Pertie over mad vlad so its 30 Million debt against 6 million- GOD that a hard question to answer :wink:

TheEastTerrace

He may be a jambo but he's pretty objective when it comes to football writing. He's written some damning pieces on Hearts of late.

:agree:

silverhibee
Maybe Yogi's taken to driving one?

Can you imagine sitting in the back of his cab and him slavering tom kite to you, you would get out and walk.:greengrin

Barney McGrew
Petrie chokes when referring to Garry O'Connor coming home. Says club are 'looking after him'

SL: We punish in-house. Palsson incident was investigated but paper reports wrong. This is why club doesn't react to every story

SL: Regarding Victor Palsson incident' yes he misbehaved, but nightclub's story v different to what papers reported.

SL: Each manager I've worked with has had a different attitude to player misbehaviour

Greentinted
08-11-2011, 07:25 PM
Interesting debate on 5Live just now and Scottish football malaise - Leckie getting stuck into Petrie,.....and mad Vlad for that matter

And getting tore into the bigots being "all that's wrong with Scottish football".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/bbc_radio_five_live

The Falcon
08-11-2011, 07:26 PM
And an awful lot who didn't want Yogi or Mixu.

But equally there was a substantial amount that did.

Celtic thought they picked a winner with Mowbray. It dosent appear to be an exact science.

TheEastTerrace
08-11-2011, 07:26 PM
And getting tore into the bigots being "all that's wrong with Scottish football".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/bbc_radio_five_live

He is indeed

grunt
08-11-2011, 07:27 PM

He may be a jambo but he's pretty objective when it comes to football writing. He's written some damning pieces on Hearts of late.Perhaps "bias" was the wrong word. I was trying to say that it's a bit rich him accusing the Hibs board of presiding over a malaise when his own club's Board is madder than a box of frogs.

Barney McGrew
08-11-2011, 07:28 PM
SL: Board hasn't authorised player leave over int'l period. Says manager's decision, not board's so no interference

SL: Head of performance okayed player leave over int'l break. Fan reckons player culture is 'broken.' SL seems to agree with fans.

stokesmessiah
08-11-2011, 07:28 PM
Tbh I'm struggling to see what the current Board have done wrong. They've made what looked at the time like good managerial appointments, they've funded them and backed the managers, and the team continues to perform badly.

To an extent i do agree with you but at some point we have to question why its just going wrong so often?

Golden Bear
08-11-2011, 07:29 PM

Yes the recent appointments haven't been as we hoSped, but it baffles me how so called professional managers can be so inept tactically as the ones we have had.

Absolutely spot on.

TheEastTerrace
08-11-2011, 07:29 PM
SL referring to Head of Performance in regards to player leave - anyone know who this is?

grunt
08-11-2011, 07:30 PM
p_mcpartlin (http://www.hibs.net/#!/p_mcpartlin)Patrick McPartlin.

SL: Head of performance okayed player leave over int'l break. Fan reckons player culture is 'broken.' SL seems to agree with fans.

TheEastTerrace
Jim Spence - Tom Farmer speaking now says Rod Petrie finest chairman we could have

Jonnyboy
Can you imagine sitting in the back of his cab and him slavering tom kite to you, you would get out and walk.:greengrin

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=ear+plugs&hl=en&biw=1272&bih=825&gbv=2&tbm=isch&tbnid=qXac_PAmnn1a0M:&imgrefurl=http://www.hearingbalance.com.au/hearing-tests-earplugs/&docid=VMYkzFwhteqYwM&imgurl=http://www.hearingbalance.com.au/storage/E031.jpg%253F__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION%253D128510 6755629&w=264&h=256&ei=XZG5TrqiFITH8gPov9nGBw&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=528&vpy=330&dur=43&hovh=204&hovw=211&tx=145&ty=116&sig=107232263895233833641&page=1&tbnh=137&tbnw=147&start=0&ndsp=24&ved=1t:429,r:8,s:0

Barney McGrew
Petrie responds "as a club we don't condone actions of some of the players but we deal with it privately as a club"

Saorsa
08-11-2011, 07:31 PM

He may be a jambo but he's pretty objective when it comes to football writing. He's written some damning pieces on Hearts of late.:agree:

stokesmessiah
Perhaps "bias" was the wrong word. I was trying to say that it's a bit rich him accusing the Hibs board of presiding over a malaise when his own club's Board is madder than a box of frogs.

:agree:

Now that i do agree with !

Barney McGrew
Farmer: RP is the finest chairman we could have. Petrie has a passion for this club thats rarely recognised.

RP suggesting he would welcome the return of the reserve league.

Sir Tom Farmer: I would consider fresh investment if it was for the benefit of the club.

TheEastTerrace
Farmer: Petrie has a passion for this club thats rarely recognised

Why not speak to the media more often then? Demonstrate this passion!

Hibeescott
08-11-2011, 07:32 PM
Exactly what I've been saying. Maybe we're not in a minority!

I cant even keep reading this now cause I am so fed up hearing all the drivel tonight.

RPs comment (posted by someone on here tonight) that ER has become intimidating but not in the way they had intended, is bang on! I am not saying that RP is blameless here, but for me a group of our own supporters (a fair sized group going on tonight) are creating an atmosphere of crisis around the club that the media are jumping on and making worse!

grunt
08-11-2011, 07:33 PM
Sir Tom Farmer: I would consider fresh investment if it was for the benefit of the club

Viva_Palmeiras
SL referring to Head of Performance in regards to player leave - anyone know who this is?
I thought SL was sporting performance!

TheEastTerrace
Sir Tom Farmer: I would consider fresh investment if it was for the benefit of the club.

Barney McGrew
08-11-2011, 07:34 PM
Farmer: we want a manager with the eye of the tiger

:take that

grunt
Farmer: we want a manager with the eye of the tiger (?)

TheEastTerrace
I thought SL was sporting performance!

me too :confused:

SkintHibby
Jim Spence - Tom Farmer speaking now says Rod Petrie finest chairman we could have

Oh sheit - this I did not want to hear!

hibiedude

We have spent millions on a new stand and new training ground but encase you missed the news we are 1000s down each week and its getting worse so what financial footing are you talking about opps and we are one point of the bottom but lets all get into a group hug because Rod knows what he's doing. The product on the field is the only thing that attacts fans.

Mind you all this might be rubbish and ive just made it all up.

IWasThere2016
RP took no salary from Hibs last year

Perks? Merc? Bonus? Pension? Interest paid to Holding Co - may mean salary taken from there :wink:

Sure RP knows many ways to skin a cat ..

Barney McGrew
08-11-2011, 07:35 PM
STF: Everyone has to be united and give the board their support

Westie1875
08-11-2011, 07:35 PM

Great, get the cheque book out in January and sign us a couple of no nonsense centre halfs please.

TheEastTerrace
08-11-2011, 07:36 PM
Farmer calling for us all to stand together and support the board

grunt
STF: We must communicate with fans. Let's be united in seeing Hibs as a winning team. We all want the same at the end of the day

TheEastTerrace
STF: We must communicate with fans. Let's be united in seeing Hibs as a winning team. We all want the same at the end of the day

Barney McGrew
08-11-2011, 07:37 PM
STF: We must communicate with fans. Let's be united in seeing Hibs as a winning team. We all want the same at the end of the day.

nortonhibby

Well that about it sums it up he got rid of Yogi and got in CC Aye he is the best Yogi got us intae Europe in ah.
Yogi didnae deserve the treatment he got fi petrie

stokesmessiah
Well that about it sums it up he got rid of Yogi and got in CC Aye he is the best Yogi got us intae Europe in ah.

U better get him a taxi !!!

Russdoorsfan71
08-11-2011, 07:38 PM
Farmer: we want a manager with the eye of the tiger:take that Apollo Creed in the running then? Nice!

TheEastTerrace
Done and dusted folks

zlatan
Perks? Merc? Bonus? Pension? Interest paid to Holding Co - may mean salary taken from there :wink:

Sure RP knows many ways to skin a cat ..

If only you'd gone along to probe that instead of telling us during the AGM itself.

Barney McGrew
And that's it all over.

Hopefully the updates have been helpful to everyone.

Now the dissection of the evening begins :greengrin

grunt
08-11-2011, 07:39 PM
Yogi didnae deserve the treatment he got fi petrieYou ARE Yogi !!:wink:

Barney McGrew
08-11-2011, 07:39 PM
If only you'd gone along to probe that instead of telling us during the AGM itself.

That would only happen if the AGM is held in a Tannadeechie hospitality box

:duck:

Hibtastic
08-11-2011, 07:40 PM
You ARE Yogi !!:wink:

Im certain of it!!

bighairyfaeleith
08-11-2011, 07:41 PM

has petrie tickled your missus with his tache or what?

Argylehibby
08-11-2011, 07:42 PM

You are getting really boring now,

Hermit Crab
Jim Spence - Steven Brockie of Hibs supporters association says he has no confidence in the board to turn things round.

Hes quite right IMO :agree:

GordonHFC
Why did STF say he would consider further investment if it was for the benefit of the club. Surely any investment would be a benefit, how would it not be ?

Hibeescott
We have spent millions on a new stand and new training ground but encase you missed the news we are 1000s down each week and its getting worse so what financial footing are you talking about opps and we are one point of the bottom but lets all get into a group hug because Rod knows what he's doing. The product on the field is the only thing that attacts fans.

Mind you all this might be rubbish and ive just made it all up.

I am talking about the financial footing that has taken us from what.....£20 million in debt........to £6 million in debt with a payment plan to pay that off. I am talking about the kind of financial footing that also has our assests worth a lot more now.

I get your point about the product on the park, but two things.
1. the wage to turnover ratio is higher than its been for a long time, and business wise shouldnt go any higher!
2. even when we had the product on the park, we still have half our support that only come out for cup finals. If they all came to ER then think of the money we could spend.

BSEJVT
Farmer calling for us all to stand together and support the board

Frankly whether we like it or not , we have no choice

RP will leave Hibs at a time of his and only his choosing.

Now there is a school of thought that says lets make life so uncomfortable for him that time will come sooner rather than later.

I dont hold with that at all

Hibs needs to be run as a business to ensure we are always here

That means that there is always going to be a tension between what the business needs to do and what the fans want to happen

That wont change whether RP is Chairman, or anyone else

These though are really dangerous times for Hibs in particular and Scottish Football in general

Relegation is absolutely unthinkable, but a real possibility

We need to unite behind the team, the board and each other

Viva_Palmeiras
08-11-2011, 07:44 PM
Thanks to each and every contributor from the AGM a fine service to hibees worldwide and a fee interlopers I imagine ;)
I think I feel numb over the piece. Some interesting teasers in there from STF acknowledgement of frustrations with discipline. In otherways unremarkable. Seems
Like they took some steps to diffuse things the extent to which hard to guage

IWasThere2016
08-11-2011, 07:44 PM

Did plan to, and arranged proxy, but meeting I'd hoped to schedule with bank/financial advisers didn't come off.

Barney McGrew
08-11-2011, 07:45 PM
Thanks to each and every contributor from the AGM a fine service to hibees worldwide and a fee interlopers I imagine ;)
I think I feel numb over the piece. Some interesting teasers in there from STF acknowledgement of frustrations with discipline. In otherways unremarkable. Seems

I'm sure we'll get a more in depth report from others who were there once they get back home and logged on.

Purehibee_MYB
08-11-2011, 07:45 PM

Now there is a school of thought that says lets make life so uncomfortable for him that time will come sooner rather than later.

That means that there is always going to be a tension between what the business needs to do and what the fans want to happen

These though are really dangerous times for Hibs in particular and Scottish Football in general

Agreed :agree:

jabis
08-11-2011, 07:46 PM

this muppet disagrees with you,infact I think you are spineless,due to your obvious inability to grasp some major facts,and your ability to lash out at anyone who does'nt agree with you.

TheEastTerrace
08-11-2011, 07:47 PM

A lot of the credit to the journos for Tweeting from ER. The wonders of social media!

Hopefully read some more in-depth stuff from those who were there later

Viva_Palmeiras
08-11-2011, 07:48 PM
Why did STF say he would consider further investment if it was for the benefit of the club. Surely any investment would be a benefit, how would it not be ?

We need players that are hungry for success and prepared to work not just ones prepared to pick up a high salary even sit in reserves. Also need to spend wisely.
Do we buy fish or a fishing rod?

HibbyAndy
08-11-2011, 07:48 PM
Cheers for the update guys much appreciated :aok:

bighairyfaeleith
08-11-2011, 07:49 PM

any investment would need to be paid back at some point, so just wasting a million on some dud players really wouldn't be helpful. However if we get a good manager who can trade wisely in the transfer market then it might be a good investment and a good time to make it.

Beefster
08-11-2011, 07:49 PM
Good to see Paul dalgliesh still takes a keen interest in hibs. Asked on twitter for hibs fans to keep him updated with the agm

Applied for the job? :hmmm:

Jim Spence - One fan tells rod Petrie you have to look at your position as chairman given your record of managerial appointments

Rod Petrie says board meet tomorrow to discuss candidates for hibs managers job

That's like asking someone their name and them saying "five past ten". Answer has no relation to the question.

I cant even keep reading this now cause I am so fed up hearing all the drivel tonight.

RPs comment (posted by someone on here tonight) that ER has become intimidating but not in the way they had intended, is bang on! I am not saying that RP is blameless here, but for me a group of our own supporters (a fair sized group going on tonight) are creating an atmosphere of crisis around the club that the media are jumping on and making worse!

To be fair, I'm fed up hearing the folk paying for Hibs being slagged off by the club and other supporters. Would everyone prefer that supporters don't bother turning up, if their presence isn't appreciated?

zlatan
08-11-2011, 07:51 PM
So to summarise

Nae fights
More of the same from the same board for years to come
Usual cliches
We're all in it together
Together we are stronger, together we are Santan...emm Hibernian

Part/Time Supporter
08-11-2011, 07:52 PM

If Yogi is such a brilliant manager, why is he still out of work?

****s sake, Calderwood's arse is barely out of the door and he is already being linked with a job.

SkintHibby
08-11-2011, 07:54 PM
Well what a crock of sheit that AGM was!:rolleyes:

Cropley10
08-11-2011, 07:54 PM

Hear Hear

Iain G
08-11-2011, 07:55 PM

Yogi, you can give Norton his keyboard back now... :wink:

IWasThere2016
08-11-2011, 07:55 PM
any investment would need to be paid back at some point, so just wasting a million on some dud players really wouldn't be helpful. However if we get a good manager who can trade wisely in the transfer market then it might be a good investment and a good time to make it.

The investment would be for a share of ownership - namely it would need to be at a price to satisfy STF and RP.

Cropley10
08-11-2011, 07:57 PM
That's like asking someone their name and them saying "five past ten". Answer has no relation to the question.

Nae flies on the Tache eh.

Hibeescott
Applied for the job? :hmmm:

To be fair, I'm fed up hearing the folk paying for Hibs being slagged off by the club and other supporters. Would everyone prefer that supporters don't bother turning up, if their presence isn't appreciated?

Their presence is appreciated, if they actually SUPPORT the team. The players are scared of playing at ER the moment! I dont want to turn on the tv tonight and see us headline news because we have a protest going on against Petrie. We need to get rid of this crisis atmosphere round the club, a new manager will help unite everyone I hope. But at the moment the media are having a field day jumping on the crisis at hibs bandwagon.

H18sry
Well what a crock of sheit that AGM was!:rolleyes:

:confused: What did you expect?

TheEastTerrace
08-11-2011, 07:58 PM
Yogi, you can give Norton his keyboard back now... :wink:

Taxi for Yogi :taxi