PDA

View Full Version : AGM and Protest/Updates

Pages : 1 [2] 3

matty_f
08-11-2011, 07:58 PM
Perks? Merc? Bonus? Pension? Interest paid to Holding Co - may mean salary taken from there :wink:Sure RP knows many ways to skin a cat ..And the award for the most straws clutched at in a single post goes to....

hibsbollah
08-11-2011, 07:58 PM
:taxi:

Future17
08-11-2011, 07:59 PM
So to summarise

Nae fights
More of the same from the same board for years to come
Usual cliches
We're all in it together
Together we are stronger, together we are Santan...emm Hibernian

NOT TRUE!

There was a fight in the car park.

The Falcon
08-11-2011, 08:00 PM
That's like asking someone their name and them saying "five past ten". Answer has no relation to the question.

Or he's saying that its not a one man process. Which it isnt.

TheEastTerrace
08-11-2011, 08:01 PM
They might have at least said something about communicating with the fans.......

Think STF said something about communication with the supporters. Nothing extensive though

nortonhibby
08-11-2011, 08:03 PM
Am no argin wi yis cos am a Hibby aye i have got my opinions but i have got the club and the results 1st a ken i go a wee bit over the top but i am no happy wi the rusults yi ken.
mon the Hibees:flag::flag::flag:

Peevemor
08-11-2011, 08:05 PM
You are getting really boring now,

Not at all. He's been really boring since day 1.

Argylehibby
08-11-2011, 08:06 PM
I cant even keep reading this now cause I am so fed up hearing all the drivel tonight.

RPs comment (posted by someone on here tonight) that ER has become intimidating but not in the way they had intended, is bang on! I am not saying that RP is blameless here, but for me a group of our own supporters (a fair sized group going on tonight) are creating an atmosphere of crisis around the club that the media are jumping on and making worse!

Our football away from Easter Road is far better than at home these days and the main reason for that IMHO is that our players are intimidated at home. They are scared to make a mistake because as soon as they do the fans are on their back.

Beefster
08-11-2011, 08:07 PM
Or he's saying that its not a one man process. Which it isnt.

I know what he was saying but that's not what he was asked.

Beefster
08-11-2011, 08:10 PM
Our football away from Easter Road is far better than at home these days and the main reason for that IMHO is that our players are intimidated at home. They are scared to make a mistake because as soon as they do the fans are on their back.

Some fans are on their back.

Mikeystewart
08-11-2011, 08:12 PM
Farmer: we want a manager with the eye of the tiger

:take that

This guy fits the criteria

http://img2.ranker.com/user_node_img/60/706472/300/charlie-sheen-actors-award-nominee-award-winner-film-actor-people-in-film-people-in-tv-person-tv-actor-photo-u4.jpg

oh no wait......... :bevvied!:

Jamesie
08-11-2011, 08:13 PM
I thought SL was sporting performance!

Did he not mention a guy called Jim Hendry?

The Falcon
08-11-2011, 08:13 PM
I know what he was saying but that's not what he was asked.

Very true. But the answer made the question irrelevant. I think.

jabis
08-11-2011, 08:14 PM
awww diddums......did the nasty hibs fan dissagree :aok:you can stick that thumb up your smillie

R'Albin
08-11-2011, 08:14 PM
Am no argin wi yis cos am a Hibby aye i have got my opinions but i have got the club and the results 1st a ken i go a wee bit over the top but i am no happy wi the rusults yi ken.

I'm actually beginning to think you are just trolling, your posts are so ridiculously stupid.

IWasThere2016
08-11-2011, 08:15 PM
And the award for the most straws clutched at in a single post goes to....

:faf: Aye he's been living on air ..

Mikeystewart
08-11-2011, 08:19 PM

Starting to beleive the rumours :wink:

edwards
08-11-2011, 08:19 PM

Their scared WHAT if they are scared then they shouldn't be in hibs colours in the first place.
They only have themselves to blame as their constant inconsistent football has been atrocious at times.
How can you possibly be intimidated at your home ground they wouldn't have to be scared if they didn't balls up and could actually pass to each other.
It's time for afternoon training to come into play until they get the basics right.

Baldy
08-11-2011, 08:20 PM
Farmer: we want a manager with the eye of the tiger

:take that

Graham Stack?

Jamesie
Petrie's emotional response to questions regarding O'Connor was for me the highlight of the evening. It showed a side to Rod that I think few will have ever seen and it was either a carefully managed piece of theatre (if so, well played David Forsyth) or something real and from the heart.

Maybe I'm naive Having witnessed it myself I'm more inclined to believe the latter. This to me displayed an underlying understanding of the whole ethos and ethics of Hibernian Football Club - going back right to 1875 - that I didn't think existed. :thumbsup:

R'Albin
Graham Stack?

:tee hee:

Twa Cairpets
08-11-2011, 08:21 PM

But one who apparently from a previous thread stopped going ages ago and doesnt really care.

Gies peace. You're either a yam at the wind up or you've forfeited your right to bitch.

The Falcon
08-11-2011, 08:21 PM

Is he not a director in a few of Farmer's companies now? He wont starve.

Corstorphine Hibby
08-11-2011, 08:24 PM

Is there a 'special needs' forum that this can be moved to ?

frazeHFC
08-11-2011, 08:24 PM
My dad was there and just text me. It is nothing new to what we already know, but here is what he said briefly:

Board say they don't interfere with player discussions.
We must get the right manager this time round.
Everyone clapped when someone said they do not want JJ or Laslo
Sir Tom Farmer gave a passionate speech at the end.

Not the most in-depth info as it was just a brief text, but just posting it up anyway. :wink:

Peevemor
08-11-2011, 08:27 PM
Is there a 'special needs' forum that this can be moved to ?

:greengrin

IWasThere2016
08-11-2011, 08:27 PM
The board are meeting to discuss options tomorrow - no direct response I figure, otherwise would have been reported

That RP was allowing SL and FH to lead!

No danger RP is taking a back seat - especially after STF gushing about him also.

tamig
08-11-2011, 08:29 PM

Absolutely. I have noticed a real increase in the number of mouthpieces who spout absolute pish at the games and it's been that way since the old East went. I don't know if they've always been there but just in other bits of the ground, but the new East is full of pockets of these folk. They really get on my goat. It's almost like they can't wait to have a go. Sad days.

Hermit Crab
08-11-2011, 08:30 PM
Graham Stack?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXxChycLh3k

:take that dont mess with the Stack or you will be............:dead:

HNA6
08-11-2011, 08:31 PM
Wrong again how many times 100k a year he earns from our club to admit he got it wrong:taxiNext time you put a stupid bloody taxi up YOU will be in one !!!

tamig
Petrie's emotional response to questions regarding O'Connor was for me the highlight of the evening. It showed a side to Rod that I think few will have ever seen and it was either a carefully managed piece of theatre (if so, well played David Forsyth) or something real and from the heart.

Maybe I'm naive Having witnessed it myself I'm more inclined to believe the latter. This to me displayed an underlying understanding of the whole ethos and ethics of Hibernian Football Club - going back right to 1875 - that I didn't think existed. :thumbsup:

It's from the heart. Guaranteed.

Dirkster23
Perks? Merc? Bonus? Pension? Interest paid to Holding Co - may mean salary taken from there :wink:

Sure RP knows many ways to skin a cat ..

So all guess work on your part TQM :agree:

Sylar
Maybe the more "detailed posts" from those who were there will alter my initial reaction, which at the moment is "lip service".

I didn't really expect anything else, mind you.

jabis
Their scared WHAT if they are scared then they shouldn't be in hibs colours in the first place.
They only have themselves to blame as their constant inconsistent football has been atrocious at times.
How can you possibly be intimidated at your home ground they wouldn't have to be scared if they didn't balls up and could actually pass to each other.
It's time for afternoon training to come into play until they get the basics right.

can I please come to your work, and hurl vile abuse at you for two hours.

then ask your boss if your performance was up to scratch ?

infact I'll get 500 mates to come along aswell,should add to the atmosphere :flag:

iwasthere1972
08-11-2011, 08:33 PM
Absolutely. I have noticed a real increase in the number of mouthpieces who spout absolute pish at the games and it's been that way since the old East went. I don't know if they've always been there but just in other bits of the ground, but the new East is full of pockets of these folk. They really get on my goat. It's almost like they can't wait to have a go. Sad days.

:agree: It's what makes their day. Witnessed it far too often and some do go OTT. Fans have the right to show their disapproval but there is surely a limit to the amount of abuse that the team can take.

Beefster
08-11-2011, 08:37 PM
can I please come to your work, and hurl vile abuse at you for two hours.

then ask your boss if your performance was up to scratch ?

infact I'll get 500 mates to come along aswell,should add to the atmosphere :flag:

Part of the perks of being a well-paid 'entertainer'. Comedians, musicians, sportsmen, theatre actors and more are all subject to verbal 'criticism'.

Spike Mandela
08-11-2011, 08:41 PM
:confused: What did you expect?

Like the team nae passion on display whatsoever. Dull board, dull team dull agm.

So much for Petrie getting a rough ride:rolleyes:

jabis
08-11-2011, 08:43 PM
Part of the perks of being a well-paid 'entertainer'. Comedians, musicians, sportsmen, theatre actors and more are all subject to verbal 'criticism'.

you forgot to add that they can't reply.....and if they do,the wee *****hawks run to the polis.

"he said a nasty word to me "

tossers,the lot of them !

silverhibee
08-11-2011, 08:44 PM

They weren't looking after him on Friday night.

Billie Jo
08-11-2011, 08:47 PM

How wat happend?

Hiber-nation
08-11-2011, 08:47 PM
Like the team nae passion on display whatsoever. Dull board, dull team dull agm.

:agree:

This new manager will have to have a magic wand I think cos its all down to him. Nothing else seems to be changing.

jabis
08-11-2011, 08:50 PM

dull fan.

The Voice Of Reason
08-11-2011, 08:51 PM

With respect SH, this is no time for riddles ! What do you mean ?

Hiber-nation
08-11-2011, 08:51 PM
A few well kent fans just been interviewed on Sky Sports News.

Mikey
08-11-2011, 08:52 PM
I've taken notes of the Q and A that I'll start posting up just now. I didn't take any notes from the speeches made by Jamie Marwick, Rod Petrie, Fife Hyland or Tom Farmer as they will make their way on here anyway.

One thing's for sure, STF knows how to make a speech!

Notes to follow................

Spike Mandela
08-11-2011, 08:54 PM
dull fan.

Dull post.

iwasthere1972
08-11-2011, 08:55 PM
A few well kent fans just been interviewed on Sky Sports News.

:agree: Saw that and the banner saying "Eight Managers in 10 years etc etc which displayed a website on it "www.hibsforchangeeasterroad.co.uk. Had a look but nothing on it.

Hiber-nation
08-11-2011, 08:57 PM
:agree: Saw that and the banner saying "Eight Managers in 10 years etc etc which displayed a website on it "www.hibsforchangeeasterroad.co.uk. Had a look but nothing on it.

Who's the first guy with the glasses? Seen him hunners of times but can't put a name to the face.

jabis
08-11-2011, 08:58 PM

nochangetherethen.com

iwasthere1972
08-11-2011, 09:00 PM
Who's the first guy with the glasses? Seen him hunners of times but can't put a name to the face.

The beauty of Sky+. Just had a look but no idea. Was the second guy Brockie? Whoever it was came out the meeting not convinced by the board and thinks they will get the managerial decision wrong again. The woman appeared to be happy enough with the way the meeting went. Perhaps Rod tweeked his moustache and :wink: at her. :wink:

I think it was Brockie. Looked like the same guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnb1shBrA8s

:hilarious

iwasthere1972
08-11-2011, 09:01 PM
nochangetherethen.com

That's what I thought. Business as usual.

Jamesie
08-11-2011, 09:02 PM
The woman appeared to be happy enough with the way the meeting went.

If it's the woman I saw being interviewed then she'll be on here shortly :wink:

iwasthere1972
08-11-2011, 09:05 PM

I think you could be right. :wink:

Hiber-nation
08-11-2011, 09:07 PM
I think you could be right. :wink:

Don't know her personally but I think it was a quite happy Hibby D...?

Tyler Durden
08-11-2011, 09:08 PM

What's their excuse for being garbage away from home aswell?

matty_f
08-11-2011, 09:09 PM

:faf: Go on, TQM - you must have hated seeing that statement!! You reckon Petrie's got nowt stashed away for a rainy year that he couldn't have comfortably gone without the salary? Seriously? The man lauded as the tightest man this side of Ebeneezer Scrooge?

You make me laugh, so you do!

Are you going to hammer Petrie for working for the club for nowt for the last year, and moan that he got to drive a car?? Brilliant!:thumbsup:

jabis
08-11-2011, 09:10 PM

stop calling him shortly.......we can't all be over 5'2" :agree::agree:

ronaldo7
08-11-2011, 09:10 PM
SL referring to Head of Performance in regards to player leave - anyone know who this is?

I thought SL was sporting performance!

Head of Performance on the coaching staff is Jim Henry. Full Coaching team here.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/CoachingStaff/0,,10290,00.html

IWasThere2016
08-11-2011, 09:12 PM
So all guess work on your part TQM :agree:

You don't know otherwise :wink:

I'll wager my post is closer to the mark than RP taking no drawings.

iwasthere1972
08-11-2011, 09:14 PM
Don't know her personally but I think it was a quite happy Hibby D...?

I don't know her either but that was my guess.

Westie1875
08-11-2011, 09:15 PM
Head of Performance on the coaching staff is Jim Henry. Full Coaching team here.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/CoachingStaff/0,,10290,00.html

Did CC bring him in, and is "Head of Performance" a fancy title for a fitness coach?

God Petrie
08-11-2011, 09:16 PM
As someone who was at the AGM this thread is a load of complete tom kite and doesn't accurately reflect much of what was said during the AGM.

Convenient that the fact RP was almost crying talking about GOC and his court case was left out by journalists.

Mikey
08-11-2011, 09:18 PM
Questions raised with Jamie Marwick, Finance Director...........

Q - There's nothing in the accounts to suggest that John Hughes received a pay off. Does that mean he's still on the payroll?
A - No, to use an accounting term he was "disposed of" and that's with in the staff figures in the accounts.

Q - How will the board turn this year's operating loss of around £2m into a profit this year given that there seem to be no players of any value to sell?
A - The club would dispute that there will be an operating loss of £2m in this tax year.

Q - As per P16 in the accounts, is the net debt £13m?
A - No.

Q - Why hasn't the loan of £1.25m been paid back?
A - It hadn't been paid back as at year end but that doesn't mean to say that it hasn't been paid back now. {There was nothing more to suggest that it had or hadn't been}

Q - The turnover figure of £7.1m isn't easy for shareholders to understand. Can it be split up next year so that we can see how it's made up?
A - That can be looked into for next year.

Q - On Page 11, Directors Renumeration shows a bonus of £5000 but that obviously wasn't performance related!
A - Directors salaries actually reduced and have fallen again to around £300k for this tax year. Rod Petrie is now taking no salary from the club.

Q - There is £24,000 rental paid to the holding company. What is that for?
A - The ticket office and ???? {I missed that, can someone confirm and I'll amend}

Q - How is TV money allocated?
A - Each club gets 4% at the start of the season and after that it's split up based on league placings.

Q - We're being harmed by awkward kick off times resulting in lower crowds.
A - Hibs, and other clubs, have raised this as an issue.

Q - The highest paid director received £88k which is a £13k rise. Who received that rise?
A - There was no direct answer to this question and there was a fair bit of dissent from the floor with people demanding a straight answer. At that point Rod took over from Jamie. Rod answered the question by saying that he had been the highest paid director and that his salary had then dropped to £75k and is now at nil. The total director's pay in this tax year will be around £300k. {I'm not sure that made sense but that's what we got}

Q - Staff had had no pay rise for 3 years. Why have the directors had a pay rise?
A - No directors have had a pay rise.

Q - How will the recent Sky judgement affect Hibs and the SPL?
A - Although the publican won the right to screen matches, in a separate ruling at the same time the Greek TV station were told that they couldn't broadcast to the rest of Europe without permission (which they wouldn't get).

More to follow............

God Petrie
08-11-2011, 09:18 PM
Also convenient the journalists missed out the board stating categorically that half of what was said about Palsson was complete nonsense.

SL personally went to the nightclub and VP never pissed anywhere.

grunt
08-11-2011, 09:19 PM
Convenient that the fact RP was almost crying talking about GOC and his court case was left out by journalists.p_mcpartlin (http://www.hibs.net/#!/p_mcpartlin)Patrick McPartlin.

Petrie chokes when referring to Garry O'Connor coming home. Says club are 'looking after him.' #hibsAGM (http://www.hibs.net/#!/search?q=%23hibsAGM)

Dirkster23
08-11-2011, 09:19 PM

So as i said, just guess work.

If you prove me wrong, i'll give you a tenner the next time your at ER :faf:

bawheid
08-11-2011, 09:22 PM

What's clear from tonight TQM, is that Rod Petrie is going nowhere. The club's owner has given a passionate speech in which he asks everyone to get behind the club. You have two options:

1) Get yourself along to Easter Road and support Hibernian Football Club.

2) Continue to whine, moan and bitch on here; making stuff up when it suits your agenda; attending Hibs matches only when offered hospitality by one of the Tayside clubs.

You had your chance to attend tonight, look your nemesis in the eye and ask him the questions that could have made or broken your endless speculation and supposition on here. You bottled it.

tamig
08-11-2011, 09:26 PM
What's clear from tonight TQM, is that Rod Petrie is going nowhere. The club's owner has given a passionate speech in which he asks everyone to get behind the club. You have two options:

1) Get yourself along to Easter Road and support Hibernian Football Club.

2) Continue to whine, moan and bitch on here; making stuff up when it suits your agenda; attending Hibs matches only when offered hospitality by one of the Tayside clubs.

You had your chance to attend tonight, look your nemesis in the eye and ask him the questions that could have made or broken your endless speculation and supposition on here. You bottled it.
Well said. :applause:

ronaldo7
08-11-2011, 09:26 PM
Did CC bring him in, and is "Head of Performance" a fancy title for a fitness coach?

I think he was here when CC arrived but can't be sure. He looks at all the stats on the players performance on things such as prozone etc. Decisions are then made about what to do with individual players.

ronaldo7
08-11-2011, 09:28 PM
So as i said, just guess work.

If you prove me wrong, i'll give you a tenner the next time your at ER :faf:

It could be worth at least £12 by the time this bets settled:greengrin

Bostonhibby
08-11-2011, 09:33 PM
Funny. I've noticed that too. norton has an obsession with taxis.

Don't we have any buses? they are cheaper.

Mikey
08-11-2011, 09:36 PM
General Q&A Session............

Qa - Turnover is down and attendances are down. Jim Jefferies and Czaba Laszlo MUST NOT be appointed manager of Hibs or more fans will turn their back on the club (That got a good round of applause). We have a ridiculous scenario where the club turned down compensation money for CC in the summer and now he has been sacked. The players are unfit.
Qb - Separate question to STF. Would he put up with the same performance from a Kwik Fit board?

Aa - There was interest in CC (it seemed to be Nottingham Forest) but they offered less in compensation than we paid to Newcastle to get CC. It was obvious that the manager's comments resulted in him losing a section of the support at that time. It was in the best interests of the club to back CC but we didn't get off to a good start in the season and it went downhill from there.
Ab - STF spoke at the end and covered this question at that point.

Q - Fans are being taken for granted with awkward kick off times and ticket prices are too high.
A - Rod - Friday night games are an experiment that the clubs are happy to try. Fife - The pricing structure is always under review. Dropping ticket prices simply results in dropping income, not the same or better income with higher attendances. A winning team will bring fans back.

Q - As a season ticket holder, if you miss 2 games in a season it's cheaper to be a walk up fan.
A - A season ticket is always the best value when it comes to watching the team.

Q - The support is haemorrhaging and the board needs to recognise that it's not working. What would it take for the board to consider their own positions?
A - This was firstly pushed towards being an "East Stand" question by David Forsyth. The answer given by Scott Lindsay covered the building of the stand and the opportunity to do it when they did. (This clearly wasn't the question asked so the question was asked again by the same person). The answer to that was that board salaries have been reviewed and the amount paid to the board has reduced. {Once again it was pretty heated at this point}

More to follow..............

Capt Mainwaring
08-11-2011, 09:41 PM

Q - There's nothing in the accounts to suggest that John Hughes received a pay off. Does that mean he's still on the payroll?
A - No, to use an accounting term he was "disposed of" and that's with in the staff figures in the accounts.

Q - How will the board turn this year's operating loss of around £2m into a profit this year given that there seem to be no players of any value to sell?
A - The club would dispute that there will be an operating loss of £2m in this tax year.

Q - As per P16 in the accounts, is the net debt £13m?
A - No.

Q - Why hasn't the loan of £1.25m been paid back?
A - It hadn't been paid back as at year end but that doesn't mean to say that it hasn't been paid back now. {There was nothing more to suggest that it had or hadn't been}

Q - The turnover figure of £7.1m isn't easy for shareholders to understand. Can it be split up next year so that we can see how it's made up?
A - That can be looked into for next year.

Q - On Page 11, Directors Renumeration shows a bonus of £5000 but that obviously wasn't performance related!
A - Directors salaries actually reduced and have fallen again to around £300k for this tax year. Rod Petrie is now taking no salary from the club.

Q - There is £24,000 rental paid to the holding company. What is that for?
A - The ticket office and ???? {I missed that, can someone confirm and I'll amend}Q - How is TV money allocated?
A - Each club gets 4% at the start of the season and after that it's split up based on league placings.

Q - We're being harmed by awkward kick off times resulting in lower crowds.
A - Hibs, and other clubs, have raised this as an issue.

Q - The highest paid director received £88k which is a £13k rise. Who received that rise?
A - There was no direct answer to this question and there was a fair bit of dissent from the floor with people demanding a straight answer. At that point Rod took over from Jamie. Rod answered the question by saying that he had been the highest paid director and that his salary had then dropped to £75k and is now at nil. The total director's pay in this tax year will be around £300k. {I'm not sure that made sense but that's what we got}

Q - Staff had had no pay rise for 3 years. Why have the directors had a pay rise?

Q - How will the recent Sky judgement affect Hibs and the SPL?
A - Although the publican won the right to screen matches, in a separate ruling at the same time the Greek TV station were told that they couldn't broadcast to the rest of Europe without permission (which they wouldn't get).

He referred to the building housing the Ticket office and the Finance Team

Hibs90
08-11-2011, 09:43 PM
Cheers Mikey.

To me from reading through this thread the board are just taking the mick. Couple of interesting points regarding Petrie no longer taking a salary (getting a decent wad from the SFA?) and STF saying he would invest more if there was a benefit for Hibs.

Hibby D
08-11-2011, 09:50 PM
The fans that protest have every right to do so after all they protested after the Game on Saturday and come Sunday Calderwood was gone.

Petrie should walk but from what im hearing some muppets are are hanging on to his every word. I wish some fans would get a back bone

So disrespectful to your fellow fans. Opinions differ! Learn to appreciate and accept it and maybe your opinion will be given the same courtesy.

I cant even keep reading this now cause I am so fed up hearing all the drivel tonight.

RPs comment (posted by someone on here tonight) that ER has become intimidating but not in the way they had intended, is bang on! I am not saying that RP is blameless here, but for me a group of our own supporters (a fair sized group going on tonight) are creating an atmosphere of crisis around the club that the media are jumping on and making worse!

I agree. A few journos are visibly desperate for there to be something more controversial to our latest manager's departure than mere bad luck or dare I say it, "crap management". Jimmy Calderwood even alluded to something sinister going on. I'll assume if he really believes that then he won't have applied for the job.

One fan stood up tonight with a written list of allegations against RP - accusing him of undermining "every" manager he appoints. The example he chose to use backfired because it only served to highlight that RP doesn't always get what he wants. The bottom line is, despite all this supposed "undermining" and "interfering" no-one, not a player, or a manager, or a fan, can put up any proof of this behaviour RP is accused of.

I'm a sucker for a sob story normally but Petrie's justification for continuing to support Garry O was genuine.

I wanted to ask way more than I did tonight and if afforded the opportunity I'm sure everyone there could have gone on all night asking questions of the board. I have taken away some concerns, serious concerns, but they can't be answered by anyone on here, so I'm going to take up Fife's open invitation and write to the club.

Overall was I happy with the way things went this evening? Not entirely, but the board gave assurances that their aims and desires were to deliver what every fan wanted, which is a successful team on the park. I'm prepared to continue to give them my support.

I hope they realise they are in a very privileged position.

Mikey
08-11-2011, 09:51 PM
The next question came in 3 parts and as it was answered separately I'll break it up........

Q - CC was an embarrassment to have as a manager. Why wasn't he sacked for his "sweeties" comment?
A - There was no direct answer to that as it was stated that it been been covered earlier.

Q - Mowbray was the best recent manager and we don't want dull dross to watch.
A - "Spot on", it's not just about style of football it's about what the manager says too. he must show leadership.

Q - Will the club seek outside investment?
A - That was answered by STF at the end.

Q - It's about the product on the pitch, not prices. The board has been good but it has made poor choices with managers. That's Rod's fault and it has cost the club {at his estimate} £500k. Rod should be standing down as Chairman over that.
A - Rod - The last 2 years have not been acceptable and the recruitment process will be reviewed. They will make use of their extensive contact to find the right man. It will be a board appointment. Bruce Langham - Would have said exactly what Rod said. He also went on to say that he's read frequently that we don't have a "football man" on the board. He referred to the English Premiership and pointed out that only Manchester United (with Bobby Charlton) have a football man on the board. Every other club operates in the same way that Hibs do.

Q - Question directed to Fife - Is he serious about being open to fans?
A - Yes {There then followed allegations that he isn't and he's trying to control the fans by trying to stop some fans from speaking out. After a short bout of "aye you are", "no I'm not", David Forsyth stepped in as it wasn't going to be resolved}

More to follow..........

Sammy7nil
08-11-2011, 09:54 PM
Thanks Mikey and Hibby D

Riordans Boots
08-11-2011, 09:55 PM
So disrespectful to your fellow fans. Opinions differ! Learn to appreciate and accept it and maybe your opinion will be given the same courtesy.

I agree. A few journos are visibly desperate for there to be something more controversial to our latest manager's departure than mere bad luck or dare I say it, "crap management". Jimmy Calderwood even alluded to something sinister going on. I'll assume if he really believes that then he won't have applied for the job.

One fan stood up tonight with a written list of allegations against RP - accusing him of undermining "every" manager he appoints. The example he chose to use backfired because it only served to highlight that RP doesn't always get what he wants. The bottom line is, despite all this supposed "undermining" and "interfering" no-one, not a player, or a manager, or a fan, can put up any proof of this behaviour RP is accused of.

I'm a sucker for a sob story normally but Petrie's justification for continuing to support Garry O was genuine.

I wanted to ask way more than I did tonight and if afforded the opportunity I'm sure everyone there could have gone on all night asking questions of the board. I have taken away some concerns, serious concerns, but they can't be answered by anyone on here, so I'm going to take up Fife's open invitation and write to the club.

Overall was I happy with the way things went this evening? Not entirely, but the board gave assurances that their aims and desires were to deliver what every fan wanted, which is a successful team on the park. I'm prepared to continue to give them my support.

Well done you :thumbsup::thumbsup:x

iwasthere1972
08-11-2011, 09:56 PM

:not worth At a time like this we need to remain calm and level headed. Far too much second guessing by some folk at the moment.

Hope the board pick the right manager this time around. I got no reason to think that they won't.

P.S. How much is that signed framed photo of Rod that you were clutching in your interview going for on ebay? I might put in a wee cheeky bid.

degenerated
08-11-2011, 09:56 PM
I think he was here when CC arrived but can't be sure. He looks at all the stats on the players performance on things such as prozone etc. Decisions are then made about what to do with individual players.

I could tell them what tae do with most of our players without the need for prozone. In fact I could even do it during a lunch hour and save them on this jim hendry characters salary :greengrin

IWasThere2016
08-11-2011, 09:57 PM

The accounts in note 5 on page 11 clearly state the highest paid diirector was paid a salary of £88k - the previous year's highest paid was £75k. How is that not a rise???

Even if its not the same person it means someone has gone from less than £75k to £88k

The first point will be noted for later reference.

Mikey
08-11-2011, 09:57 PM
The next question came in several parts and got pretty heated so I'm going to give it a post of it's own and break it up as I have it noted down..........

Q - It wouldn't matter which manager was in charge as Rod Petrie interferes. Who is responsible for employing the chief scout?
A - Players weren't sold unless the manager agreed. The chief scout can be changed if the manager chooses. The current chief scout was employed by John Hughes.

Q - Why was the goalkeeping coach sacked while John Hughes was on holiday?
A - The board were a bit puzzled by this and we didn't really get an answer to it.

Q - RP will undermine the manager's targets by offering an amount that is so low that the players he (RP) doesn't want to sign won't sign.
A - Not so.

More to follow...........

IWasThere2016
08-11-2011, 10:00 PM
:faf: Go on, TQM - you must have hated seeing that statement!! You reckon Petrie's got nowt stashed away for a rainy year that he couldn't have comfortably gone without the salary? Seriously? The man lauded as the tightest man this side of Ebeneezer Scrooge?

You make me laugh, so you do!

Are you going to hammer Petrie for working for the club for nowt for the last year, and moan that he got to drive a car?? Brilliant!:thumbsup:

Prove to me he worked for nowt, and I'll make it very worth your while.

PaulSmith
08-11-2011, 10:01 PM
The next question came in several parts and got pretty heated so I'm going to give it a post of it's own and break it up as I have it noted down..........

Q - It wouldn't matter which manager was in charge as Rod Petrie interferes. Who is responsible for employing the chief scout?
A - Players weren't sold unless the manager agreed. The chief scout can be changed if the manager chooses. The current chief scout was employed by John Hughes.

A - The board were a bit puzzled by this and we didn't really get an answer to it.

Q - RP will undermine the manager's targets by offering an amount that is so low that the players he (RP) doesn't want to sign won't sign.
A - Not so.

I'm sure I read these questions on here earlier today!

Beefster
08-11-2011, 10:07 PM

A - Not so.

Thanks for the updates, Mikey. Good to get the detail.

7Hero
08-11-2011, 10:07 PM
Cheers Mikey.

To me from reading through this thread the board are just taking the mick. Couple of interesting points regarding Petrie no longer taking a salary (getting a decent wad from the SFA?) and STF saying he would invest more if there was a benefit for Hibs.

can't be hard to be a benefit if more cash comes in, odds of him doing it though ??

Part/Time Supporter
08-11-2011, 10:09 PM
http://www.football365.com/hibernian/7299537/Hibs-chief-hailed-by-owner

Part/Time Supporter
08-11-2011, 10:10 PM
can't be hard to be a benefit if more cash comes in, odds of him doing it though ??

Almost certain if the attendance remains below 10,000.

Hibbyradge

:faf: :aok:

I'm not comfortable with any of our employees working for no remuneration, as I'm sure you're not.

Will you join me in a campaign to get RP a salary?

Or do you think Hibs have lied about this at the AGM?

Mikey
Q - 2 clauses should be put in the new manager's contract. His family should move to Edinburgh and anything other than a top 6 finish should be grounds for dismissal.
A - Rod understands the problem re the manager travelling. It's much more common in England than it is here. Rod couldn't fault CC's commitment to the club despite the travelling. He never felt there was a time when CC should have been here and he wasn't.

Q - The board doesn't communicate enough. Players that break the rules and end up in the papers should be publicly condemned by the board. We should be told of the disciplinary measures taken.
A - The club does not condone the player's bad behaviour and any disciplinary action is taken privately. SL went on to say that he had personally gone to the nightclub involved when Victor Palsson was in the papers recently and he confirmed with the nightclub manager that the story in the papers wasn't true {in other words, VP hadn't pee'd in a plant pot}.

Q - The players did not interact with the fans at the last calendar signing. Most were either chatting among themselves or texting, rather than interacting with the kids.
A - That was noted and they'll make sure it doesn't happen this time.

Q - Disappointed by constant player problems caused by lack of leadership.
A - SL deals with disciplinary matters but what's in the papers is often not correct. {The VP episode being an example}

More to follow..........

The Falcon
08-11-2011, 10:11 PM

Depends on what you are looking for. Unlikely to be players as it's not his style.

frazeHFC
08-11-2011, 10:12 PM
Thanks a lot Mikey :thumbsup:

You must right bloody quick to get it all written down. :na na:

The Falcon

I'm not comfortable with any of our employees working for no remuneration, as I'm sure you're not.

I think company rules forbid it.

Although I do not think there is a requirement for them to have the type of AGM that they have any longer either.

Hibby D

RP publicly stated his salary has dropped from £75k to zero. None of his fellow directors contradicted this so I'm going to plump for this being a true statement rather than believe some half hearted accusation from someone whose biggest financial contribution to Hibs is his £10 a year private membership to hibs.net :greengrin

I think the burden of proof is on you since you're the one calling RP a liar :wink:

Bayern Bru
08-11-2011, 10:14 PM
As someone who was at the AGM this thread is a load of complete tom kite and doesn't accurately reflect much of what was said during the AGM.

Convenient that the fact RP was almost crying talking about GOC and his court case was left out by journalists.

This was, in fact, picked up by quite a few journos on Twitter, including reps from STV, BBC, Herald & the Scotsman. I'd imagine it'll be revisited in some form of media soon enough.

Also convenient the journalists missed out the board stating categorically that half of what was said about Palsson was complete nonsense.

SL personally went to the nightclub and VP never pissed anywhere.

This was also quite clearly reported by several journos from the aforementioned companies/papers, again, on Twitter - and copied onto this very thread!

Gosh, and they say the media make things up without checking their facts! :wink:

IWasThere2016

I'm not disputing the no salary .. I'm disputing the working for nothing :wink:

And besides, there some strange things said .. See previous post quoting Mikey about the no rise that was :wink:

Peevemor
q - the players did not interact with the fans at the last calendar signing. Most were either chatting among themselves or texting, rather than interacting with the kids.

thread! Thread! Thread! Thread! ...

Hibbyradge
08-11-2011, 10:15 PM
RP publicly stated his salary has dropped from £75k to zero. None of his fellow directors contradicted this so I'm going to plump for this being a true statement rather than believe some half hearted accusation from someone whose biggest financial contribution to Hibs is his £10 a year private membership to hibs.net :greengrin

I think the burden of proof is on you since you're the one calling RP aliar :wink:

You're on fire tonight, Diane.

Peevemor
08-11-2011, 10:18 PM
http://www.football365.com/hibernian/7299537/Hibs-chief-hailed-by-owner

Before the AGM, 'Hibsforchange' organiser Keith Sands said: "It is a new protest group that we have set up yesterday.

"I have the backing of several ex-players and so far have the backing of two or three hundred fans. We want Rod Petrie to step down and away from the club altogether.
"Tom Farmer has to put some money into the club or he has to leave as well. The fans have had enough. We want to see a better class of player on the park.

What a ridiculous thing to say.

Very credible. :fibber:

Hibbyradge
I'm not disputing the no salary .. I'm disputing the working for nothing :wink:

And besides, there some strange things said .. See previous post quoting Mikey about the no rise that was :wink:

:wink:

You're such a slaver, Garry. :wink:

Not a good night for you so I'll take it easy. :wink:

Sammy7nil
You're on fire tonight, Diane.

Call 999 or get someone to hose her down :greengrin

Mikey
Q - Is the manager's appointment restricted by the salary on offer?
A - The salary offered is competitive within the SPL. Hibs are one of the better payers.

Q - The player culture is broken at ER. Are the players on a break until Thursday despite the recent run of poor results? Other clubs are using the time to get in extra training.
A - The break was the manager's decision. If the board was to insist that the players stayed and trained then that would be interference with the manager and they won't do that. Hibs have one of the top Head of Performance guys and the decision is taken between him and the manager. The decision would have been taken prior to CC's departure.

Q - Regarding East Mains - What are the long term uses and are we losing out by not having a reserve league?
A - I don't really think that point one was answered. On point two it was pointed out that 8 out of 12 clubs voted to scrap the reserve league to cut costs but Hibs weren't one of them.

That's it folks. If I've got anything wrong I'm sure it'll be pointed out :greengrin

Hibbyradge
08-11-2011, 10:19 PM
Anything about Hearts and the CEC?

Dashing Bob S
08-11-2011, 10:20 PM

I think the burden of proof is on you since you're the one calling RP a liar :wink:

I know he's not personally taking a salary, but if you read the small print under the club expenditure columns, his moustache is categorized as a separate entity and it's wages have gone up from 75K to 900 K.

IWasThere2016
08-11-2011, 10:22 PM

You must show me where I said RP is a liar.

FTAOD, I am disputing the statement that he worked for nothing :wink:

And did you see my reply to Mikey re the director's rise that wasn't .. Your take on that Mrs Petrie? :greengrin

Peevemor
08-11-2011, 10:22 PM
Call 999 or get someone to hose her down :greengrin

Victor Palsson? :dunno:

Aubenas
08-11-2011, 10:23 PM
My thoughts on the AGM, after some reflection.
There's a difference between being financially astute and being able to face a crowd at an AGM. It was a wee bit embarrassing when Jamie Marwick had to be rescued by RP - maybe better preparation needed.

In terms of presentation, for what it's worth, I thought Scott L and Bruce Langham came across as measured and on the ball. FH less so.

RP was in a difficult situation and handled it as well as could be expected. There's no doubt his emotion when talking of G O'C was genuine - and unexpected. I'm not sure he'll be pleased at it, but it does reflect the man's feelings for the club I believe.

Again STF always comes over as a bit too folksy, but that's actually how he is. I think he was being truthful when he said, whatever he feels about football, 20 years with Hibs have taught him how much the club means to families and how much they want to pass on a winning club to their grandchildren.

I thought there were hints of frustration about CC - especially how he communicated with the fans and a lack of leadership, though the board wouldn't be unprofessional enough to slag him off openly.

I think the board - or at least RP and SL - showed signs of understanding the support's concerns and realising they need to do things differently.

I'm still confused about how things run at East Mains: if the coaching staff are in control, why does SL have to have an office there? And I felt I'd like the new guy to bring in a raft of backroom appointments that he can trust and have experience.

To be honest, I think some fan reaction has been a little hysterical. Yes times have been hard for the last 3 seasons, but given a choice between being Killie and us, or even Hearts and us, I know who are in the better position. The club do need to get things right - for financial reasons as much as footballing success reasons - and I don't think STF would tolerate poor people in post. There are a right group of shysters and no marks on the boards of fellow SPL teams; I don't know where the 'sack the board' crew would find better replacements.

I was heartened by the fact that the vast majority of the shareholders agreed that off field nonsense brings shame on the team and weakens our standing and our performances. It was a riposte to the 'don't care what they do as long as they score goals' brigade.

LIke most HIbbies I'm very down about our current position but am unable to identify any personnel who could do better than the current board and I do feel they will make progress.

Finally, I wish they would not use David Forsyth. His manner with the support is at best unfortunate and at worst downright unpleasant. I don't know how good his PR firm is (though judging by Hibs publicity not too hot) but he is never an MC for a Q and A session, never has been. He's either crap at it or, if he's been told to deflect awkward questions, doesn't know how to do it. He just riles people and makes them feel patronised. If I spoke to groups of people in my work like that, and I have to deal with similar situations, I'd be sacked. Civility, as they say, costs nothing.

Ultimately, this is the position: all things considered, we are lucky to be in a stable situation as a business. We do need a good manager to match our results to our stature but nobody has come up with suggestions as to who is going to invest more money or who is going to run the club more effectively. AS supporters we have a simple choice - back the team and the board, or continue to make ER such a miserable place to play at that visiting teams take heart and Hibs players dread running out. Simples.

I'll be supporting the team.

Mikey
08-11-2011, 10:24 PM
I didn't take any notes other than the Q&A sessions but it's worth commenting on STF's input.

That man knows how to make a speech and anyone there would have had to take at least some inspiration from it, even the most downhearted Hibby. That was as rousing a speech as you'll hear anywhere.

The bottom line was that our club needs all of us to start pulling in the same direction again.

Sammy7nil
08-11-2011, 10:24 PM
Victor Palsson? :dunno:

:tee hee::tee hee::tee hee:

Bayern Bru
08-11-2011, 10:25 PM
Anything about Hearts and the CEC?

Petrie said he felt it was crazy that CEC had chosen to back Hearts for a new stadium when they had spent all their money on players. Said that they hadn't got involved with redevelopment of Easter Road, or any other possible developments, e.g. Hunter's Hill and one other - Butterfly something?

Someone else might be able to confirm.

andrew70
08-11-2011, 10:25 PM
In apologies in advance for long winded post:

Hibernian Football Club
Annual General Meeting – 08/11/11

Rod Petrie, ashen faced, opened the AGM attended by a full house in the Forthview Suite of the Famous Five Stand. Introducing the board of directors one by one and going through the evening’s agenda. The planned protest preceding the AGM passed peacefully with around 25/30 people making their voices heard.

First and Foremost the financial results were scrutinised and passed in the hands of Finance director Jamie Marwick. Marwick spoke unimpressively, looking nervous and at times quietly.

Marwick was disappointed to report the financial loss and put this down to lower player trading and lack of sufficient revenue. Despite this the revenue generated did cover operating costs. The loss was more down to the lack of player trading. The staff costs remained steady at £4.8m.

The player trading which did occur have all subsequently, after accounts were published, brought more money in to the club. The deals of Stokes, Bamba and Zemamma have all earned Hibs more money upon related clauses within the deals.

Supporters the questioned the board upon their own remuneration and it was brought the attention of all attending the Rod Petrie’s salary decreased to 75k last year and has, this year, decreased to NIL. Rod Petrie as it stands takes nothing, financial, out of the club.

Rod Petrie: ‘Directors have to lead from the front when cost cutting’

The formal part of the AGM was finalised and the accounts were passed.

Rod Petrie

Petrie spoke passionately about the club and the board’s responsibility in maintaining the support of Hibernian Football Club.
Acknowledging the disappointing dip in sporting performance he said this has cost us money. Football is a results business and that is why the board of directors ”acted decisively” and found Calderwood to no longer be the ‘right man’.
Petrie: ‘We hope the players will respond to a new manager’
He was sorry the appointment of Calderwood was not a success but was adamant in saying there is no interference whatsoever from the board. ‘The final decision is the managers.’

Choosing the new Manager

As of 5pm today (08/11/11) there were over 40 serious applicants for the post. Scott (Lindsay) and Fyfe (Hyland) will deal day to day with the applicants. This is deemed the most appropriate setup; Scott liaises daily with the team manager and will have the most contact when appointed. The club will also speak with various people with regards the position and despite not having a ‘football man’ on the board they will use a wide network of contacts and respected faces to help in the decision. Ultimately the final decision will be taken by the board, as a united group.

Lack of Success

Petrie stated his and the boards awareness that the lack of excitement and success affects everything. The infrastructure of the club is now complete its time we built a winning team and the board will do everything they can to put this in place.

Costs

We need income to maintain costs. The lack of success is disappointing and also due to the increased capacity there is less of a need to purchase a Season ticket. However Season Tickets are the ‘lifeblood to the manager’s budget.’

We all ‘need to contribute.’ “We must not rely on others”

Hearts and CEC

Petrie approached the subject of Edinburgh Council proposing to help Hearts’ stadium plans and was astonished at the council for even entertaining them. The council seem to have forgotten there is already a ‘Fully UEFA compliant stadium, bought and paid for in the city.’ The council did not help Hibs so why should they help Hearts despite them keeping spending on players and not worrying about their infrastructure. He added, in argument that the council did not proceed with a training centre, proposed by Hibs, for the community at Hunters Hall.

Duties

Last year Petrie was elected as 2nd vice president of the SFA and therefore chose to step down from positions with the East of Scotland FA and the Scottish Premier League to ensure that his club duties remained of ‘paramount importance.’

“We can build together and the club will move on under my chairmanship”

Fyfe Hyland

The board of directors share two key priorities: On field success and growth of the Hibernian brand.

There are lots of reasons to be positive despite the club shop making a loss of 18% the clubs commercial value increased by 10% and the Crabbies sponsorship, which has already been a valued success, was signed for an initial 3 year term with the possibility of a longer partnership of 6 years.

Drop in revenue, however, requires the need to be innovative. 3 for 2 across several Hibernian products is the starting point to delivering better value to the supporters and for the club.

The club will be looking to innovate across ticketing and various membership plans. Fyfe and the club plan to revisit all non-renewals and attempt to get them back. Existing ST holders are also asked to play there part in bringing back lapsed supporters.

Hyland, as with the rest of the directors, recognises though the need for a successful side because we, as supporters, need reasons to believe in the product.

Stating: ‘we must rebuild the trust of supporters…we have complete understanding of your frustrations, issues and ambitions.’

The biggest issue around the club just now is a general apathy.

The board, he says, have ‘nothing to hide’ and they will continue to ‘meet and engage with supporters.’

Surveys

2500 filled in the survey.

All surveys were “frank, honest and enlighting” but were “encouraging” due to the passion and ideas involved.

The surveys brought up some core beliefs:

Success(This is key)
Youth
Community Culture
Financial stability
Maintenance
Need to use social media effectively

Forums

1000 supporters, via the surveys, volunteered to take part in fans forums and the club intend to use the majority of volunteers in upcoming forums.
The first two forums will be discussing amongst other issues possible revenue raising ideas.
These forums will take place before the upcoming home games against Kilmarnock and Rangers.

Fyfe: “As a family we must learn from mistakes but must not look backwards…focus on positives…only through working together will we succeed…we go forward as one…”

Other Notes of Interest

Calderwood
There were mixed messages on the desire for Colin to leave (Forest offer was lower than what we paid Newcastle) – very obvious though the supporters lost confidence and we must learn from these mistakes (RP)
The Board are sorry that CC never worked out but felt at the time of his employment that they couldn’t let a “person of that experience go by” (Bruce Langham)

Friday Night Football
This is an experiment. Sorry to all affected by the change of date of the Motherwell game (RP)

Prices
Fallacy to suggest a drop in prices would increase attendance. Most important thing we can do is put a winning team on the park. (FH)

Season Tickets
Season tickets should always be the best value for supporters. This will continue to be reviewed - The payment plan will again be utilised next year. On average STs paying about £12/game. (FH)

Board of Directors
The Board continue to look at their effectiveness and remuneration. (RP)

Playing style
Style is imperative but even more important is the requirement of the new manager to be a leader. Leadership is vital to impose an inspiration and belief. (SL)

Discipline
Disciplinary issues are dealt with in house. Club will not react to newspaper stories. Scott Lindsay investigated Palsson incident personally by visiting the Nightclub and meeting with its manager and yes VP misbehaved but what was reported in the papers was nowhere near the truth. (SL)
Petrie, choked as he spoke about Garry O’Connor coming “home to be looked after by people who care.”

Sir Tom Farmer

Sir Tom spoke openly and passionately stating he found it fascinating to sit at the back of the room of so many people who share one belief, one common goal, to see Hibernian Football Club be a winning team.

Speaking about Rod Petrie, Farmer stated he was the “finest chairman we could possibly have.” He would not put up with anyone who is not 100% committed saying he would love a whole team of Petries and commended him for hours and days of dedication in his role at Hibernian. Talking about Petrie, Farmer summed it up by saying ‘we saw tonight a man who spoke with true emotion of the way he cares about this club.’

Farmer understands the disappointment saying: ‘I am one of the strongest supporters this club have and not just financially…I know how much this club means…This is an important club…’

Speaking about future investment Sir Tom admitted he would consider anyone that would benefit the club.

He said: “Criticism comes with passion, lets join together. Nobody consciously makes a mistake”

Farmer finished up by saying ‘We must employ the right manager who has all the players, staff etc looking for the “Eye of the Tiger.” ‘Communication is the be all and end all.’
Thanks for everything…Thanks for your support…I am proud…I appreciate everything the supporters do but please give your support to all the board…Good luck and Bless you all.”

silverhibee
08-11-2011, 10:26 PM
Q - Is the manager's appointment restricted by the salary on offer?
A - The salary offered is competitive within the SPL. Hibs are one of the better payers.

Q - The player culture is broken at ER. Are the players on a break until Thursday despite the recent run of poor results? Other clubs are using the time to get in extra training.
A - The break was the manager's decision. If the board was to insist that the players stayed and trained then that would be interference with the manager and they won't do that. Hibs have one of the top Head of Performance guys and the decision is taken between him and the manager. The decision would have been taken prior to CC's departure.

Q - Regarding East Mains - What are the long term uses and are we losing out by not having a reserve league?
A - I don't really think that point one was answered. On point two it was pointed out that 8 out of 12 clubs voted to scrap the reserve league to cut costs but Hibs weren't one of them.

That's it folks. If I've got anything wrong I'm sure it'll be pointed out :greengrin

Well done Mikey. :aok: :top marks

aunty joyce
08-11-2011, 10:27 PM
Originally Posted by Argylehibbyhttp://www.hibs.net/images/hibsnet/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?p=2979330#post2979330)Our football away from Easter Road is far better than at home these days and the main reason for that IMHO is that our players are intimidated at home. They are scared to make a mistake because as soon as they do the fans are on their back.

So agree, on Saturday it felt like they had spread themselves out a bit . . . what is even worse is that some of these so called fans are turning on other fans just because they are trying to encourage the players instead of abusing them.

Look at the number who have attended you demonstrations guys compared to the number of supporters we have - yes, you are a minority!!!

The Falcon
What a ridiculous thing to say.

Very credible. :fibber:

Why dosent the guy who's leading this "hibsforchange" offer STF some investment. He said tonight he's willing.

Future17
Q - The board doesn't communicate enough. Players that break the rules and end up in the papers should be publicly condemned by the board. We should be told of the disciplinary measures taken.
A - The club does not condone the player's bad behaviour and any disciplinary action is taken privately. SL went on to say that he had personally gone to the nightclub involved when Victor Palsson was in the papers recently and he confirmed with the nightclub manager that the story in the papers wasn't true {in other words, VP hadn't pee'd in a plant pot}.

Q - Disappointed by constant player problems caused by lack of leadership.
A - SL deals with disciplinary matters but what's in the papers is often not correct. {The VP episode being an example}

Cheers for the details Mikey - cracking job! :thumbsup:

With regard to the bit above, this may well be true, but the fact that we don't get a statement from the Club stating when things being reported are not correct doesn't help matters (for the Club or the player).

IWasThere2016
08-11-2011, 10:29 PM
:wink:

You're such a slaver, Garry. :wink:

Not a good night for you so I'll take it easy. :wink:

I'm a big boy .. I can take it.

The rise that never was??? :dunno:

Hibby D
08-11-2011, 10:30 PM
You must show me where I said RP is a liar.

FTAOD, I am disputing the statement that he worked for nothing :wink:

And did you see my reply to Mikey re the director's rise that wasn't .. Your take on that Mrs Petrie? :greengrin

You openly accused him of being paid by other means - as in 'payments in kind'. You insinuated, and continue to insinuate, that he, RP, is being remunerated in some other way. You say you have proof of this but won't elaborate. What drivel you post at times Garry.

You're not the only one to pick up on that - many people came away tonight with the impression that that question has not been properly addressed; I'm one of them. I plan to write to RP for further clarification.

And my name is Diane, not Mrs Petrie :wink:

Sammy7nil
08-11-2011, 10:30 PM
There's a difference between being financially astute and being able to face a crowd at an AGM. It was a wee bit embarrassing when Jamie Marwick had to be rescued by RP - maybe better preparation needed.

In terms of presentation, for what it's worth, I thought Scott L and Bruce Langham came across as measured and on the ball. FH less so.

RP was in a difficult situation and handled it as well as could be expected. There's no doubt his emotion when talking of G O'C was genuine - and unexpected. I'm not sure he'll be pleased at it, but it does reflect the man's feelings for the club I believe.

Again STF always comes over as a bit too folksy, but that's actually how he is. I think he was being truthful when he said, whatever he feels about football, 20 years with Hibs have taught him how much the club means to families and how much they want to pass on a winning club to their grandchildren.

I thought there were hints of frustration about CC - especially how he communicated with the fans and a lack of leadership, though the board wouldn't be unprofessional enough to slag him off openly.

I think the board - or at least RP and SL - showed signs of understanding the support's concerns and realising they need to do things differently.

I'm still confused about how things run at East Mains: if the coaching staff are in control, why does SL have to have an office there? And I felt I'd like the new guy to bring in a raft of backroom appointments that he can trust and have experience.

To be honest, I think some fan reaction has been a little hysterical. Yes times have been hard for the last 3 seasons, but given a choice between being Killie and us, or even Hearts and us, I know who are in the better position. The club do need to get things right - for financial reasons as much as footballing success reasons - and I don't think STF would tolerate poor people in post. There are a right group of shysters and no marks on the boards of fellow SPL teams; I don't know where the 'sack the board' crew would find better replacements.

I was heartened by the fact that the vast majority of the shareholders agreed that off field nonsense brings shame on the team and weakens our standing and our performances. It was a riposte to the 'don't care what they do as long as they score goals' brigade.

LIke most HIbbies I'm very down about our current position but am unable to identify any personnel who could do better than the current board and I do feel they will make progress.

Finally, I wish they would not use David Forsyth. His manner with the support is at best unfortunate and at worst downright unpleasant. I don't know how good his PR firm is (though judging by Hibs publicity not too hot) but he is never an MC for a Q and A session, never has been. He's either crap at it or, if he's been told to deflect awkward questions, doesn't know how to do it. He just riles people and makes them feel patronised. If I spoke to groups of people in my work like that, and I have to deal with similar situations, I'd be sacked. Civility, as they say, costs nothing.

Ultimately, this is the position: all things considered, we are lucky to be in a stable situation as a business. We do need a good manager to match our results to our stature but nobody has come up with suggestions as to who is going to invest more money or who is going to run the club more effectively. AS supporters we have a simple choice - back the team and the board, or continue to make ER such a miserable place to play at that visiting teams take heart and Hibs players dread running out. Simples.

:top marks:top marks

SteveHFC
08-11-2011, 10:31 PM
http://www.snspix.com/08_11_11_hibernian_agm/photo/69786.html (http://www.snspix.com/08_11_11_hibernian_agm/photo/69786.html)

IWasThere2016
08-11-2011, 10:32 PM
Why dosent the guy who's leading this "hibsforchange" offer STF some investment. He said tonight he's willing.

Do we know at what price he's willing?

I have never heard any public statement re this previously.

jabis
08-11-2011, 10:33 PM

nice one.

also thanks to mikey and di !

Aubenas
08-11-2011, 10:33 PM
e.g.
Hunter's Hill and one other - Butterfly something?

RP was referring to projects that could have helped HIbs. Hunter's Hall (alongside
the Jack Kane Centre in Craigmillar)was the original plan for a training complex, community faciltiy which Hibs would have built with the council. The council pulled the plug.

The Lochend Butterfly is the land behind the old east stand (shaped like a butterfly!) which Hibs holding company tried to buy to build flats to generate funds. There was a feeling that, allegedly, the bidding process had been skewed against Hibs so that they lost out on the cash. Hibs had offered as part of the deal to equip the new east stand with a sports injury clinic provision that would be available to the community.

Hibbyradge
08-11-2011, 10:34 PM
The rise that never was??? :dunno:

If I could be bothered finding a decent "clutching at straws" image, I'd post it.

IWasThere2016
08-11-2011, 10:34 PM
You openly accused him of being paid by other means - as in 'payments in kind'. You insinuated, and continue to insinuate, that he, RP, is being remunerated in some other way. You say you have proof of this but won't elaborate. What drivel you post at times Garry.

You're not the only one to pick up on that - many people came away tonight with the impression that that question has not been properly addressed; I'm one of them. I plan to write to RP for further clarification.

And my name is Diane, not Mrs Petrie :wink:

And I contribute mare than a tenner :wink:

Look forward to hearing of the reply also - so please do share it :aok:

grunt
08-11-2011, 10:35 PM
http://www.football365.com/hibernian/7299537/Hibs-chief-hailed-by-ownerSTF - "I wish I had a team of Rod Petrie's." Now where have I heard something like that before??

IWasThere2016
08-11-2011, 10:36 PM
If I could be bothered finding a decent "clutching at straws" image, I'd post it.

I don't think you're clutching at straws D - just avoiding a sensible reply :wink:

PatHead
08-11-2011, 10:36 PM
Thanks for the updates and feedback, guys.

iwasthere1972
08-11-2011, 10:38 PM
http://www.snspix.com/08_11_11_hibernian_agm/photo/69786.html

Cheers

Protesters. I've seen a bigger bus queue in Princes Street at 5am.

Rod Petrie. Thinking of getting a boxed canvas print. The question is should I get the 16" or should I do a Victor and splash out on a 20"

jabis
08-11-2011, 10:38 PM

Now THATS what I call a protest Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahaha.com

losers.

The Falcon
08-11-2011, 10:39 PM
Do we know at what price he's willing?

I have never heard any public statement re this previously.

He has always said that he is open to offers but that it has to be in the football club's best interests. From day one.

Hibbyradge
08-11-2011, 10:39 PM
I don't think you're clutching at straws D - just avoiding a sensible reply :wink:

A sensible reply to what? :faf:

You're hatred of Rod Petrie skews your ability to see things rationally.

You're happy to make things up, insinuate and repeat gossip, but you have no substance.

A few weeks ago you were telling everyone that RP was the highest paid board member in Scotland or something.

Now, when it transpires he isn't salaried, you hit the wink, I know something you don't button. :wink:

Gonny stop?

grunt
08-11-2011, 10:40 PM
Like they did with Yogi, you mean?

Hibbyradge
08-11-2011, 10:40 PM
Cheers

Rod Petrie. Thinking of getting a boxed canvas print. The question is should I get the 16" or should I do a Victor and splash out on a 20"

You're evil. :faf:

Future17
08-11-2011, 10:41 PM
Choosing the new Manager

As of 5pm today (08/11/11) there were over 40 serious applicants for the post. Scott (Lindsay) and Fyfe (Hyland) will deal day to day with the applicants. This is deemed the most appropriate setup; Scott liaises daily with the team manager and will have the most contact when appointed. The club will also speak with various people with regards the position and despite not having a ‘football man’ on the board they will use a wide network of contacts and respected faces to help in the decision. Ultimately the final decision will be taken by the board, as a united group.

Playing style
[/LIST]Style is imperative but even more important is the requirement of the new manager to be a leader. Leadership is vital to impose an inspiration and belief. (SL)

Thanks for posting mate! :thumbsup:

I find these points very interesting as I've previously raised the lack of football knowledge amongst the Board as an issue which affects the selection process for a new manager.

I wonder what SL is basing his opinion on.

Jamesie
Q - 2 clauses should be put in the new manager's contract. His family should move to Edinburgh and anything other than a top 6 finish should be grounds for dismissal.
A - Rod understands the problem re the manager travelling. It's much more common in England than it is here. Rod couldn't fault CC's commitment to the club despite the travelling. He never felt there was a time when CC should have been here and he wasn't.

RP's suggestion that we lost out on a high profile manager in 2007 who wouldn't relocate was quite interesting. Wonder who that was.

IWasThere2016
Thanks for the updates and feedback, guys.

Hear hear.

grunt
08-11-2011, 10:42 PM
There are a right group of shysters and no marks on the boards of fellow SPL teams; I don't know where the 'sack the board' crew would find better replacements.
Good point.

Sammy7nil
08-11-2011, 10:43 PM
in apologies in advance for long winded post:

Hibernian football club
annual general meeting – 08/11/11

rod petrie, ashen faced, opened the agm attended by a full house in the forthview suite of the famous five stand. Introducing the board of directors one by one and going through the evening’s agenda. The planned protest preceding the agm passed peacefully with around 25/30 people making their voices heard.

First and foremost the financial results were scrutinised and passed in the hands of finance director jamie marwick. Marwick spoke unimpressively, looking nervous and at times quietly.

Marwick was disappointed to report the financial loss and put this down to lower player trading and lack of sufficient revenue. Despite this the revenue generated did cover operating costs. The loss was more down to the lack of player trading. The staff costs remained steady at £4.8m.

The player trading which did occur have all subsequently, after accounts were published, brought more money in to the club. The deals of stokes, bamba and zemamma have all earned hibs more money upon related clauses within the deals.

Supporters the questioned the board upon their own remuneration and it was brought the attention of all attending the rod petrie’s salary decreased to 75k last year and has, this year, decreased to nil. Rod petrie as it stands takes nothing, financial, out of the club.

Rod petrie: ‘directors have to lead from the front when cost cutting’

the formal part of the agm was finalised and the accounts were passed.

rod petrie

petrie spoke passionately about the club and the board’s responsibility in maintaining the support of hibernian football club.
Acknowledging the disappointing dip in sporting performance he said this has cost us money. Football is a results business and that is why the board of directors ”acted decisively” and found calderwood to no longer be the ‘right man’.
Petrie: ‘we hope the players will respond to a new manager’
he was sorry the appointment of calderwood was not a success but was adamant in saying there is no interference whatsoever from the board. ‘the final decision is the managers.’

choosing the new manager

as of 5pm today (08/11/11) there were over 40 serious applicants for the post. Scott (lindsay) and fyfe (hyland) will deal day to day with the applicants. This is deemed the most appropriate setup; scott liaises daily with the team manager and will have the most contact when appointed. The club will also speak with various people with regards the position and despite not having a ‘football man’ on the board they will use a wide network of contacts and respected faces to help in the decision. Ultimately the final decision will be taken by the board, as a united group.

lack of success

petrie stated his and the boards awareness that the lack of excitement and success affects everything. The infrastructure of the club is now complete its time we built a winning team and the board will do everything they can to put this in place.

costs

we need income to maintain costs. The lack of success is disappointing and also due to the increased capacity there is less of a need to purchase a season ticket. However season tickets are the ‘lifeblood to the manager’s budget.’

we all ‘need to contribute.’ “we must not rely on others”

hearts and cec

petrie approached the subject of edinburgh council proposing to help hearts’ stadium plans and was astonished at the council for even entertaining them. The council seem to have forgotten there is already a ‘fully uefa compliant stadium, bought and paid for in the city.’ the council did not help hibs so why should they help hearts despite them keeping spending on players and not worrying about their infrastructure. He added, in argument that the council did not proceed with a training centre, proposed by hibs, for the community at hunters hall.

duties

last year petrie was elected as 2nd vice president of the sfa and therefore chose to step down from positions with the east of scotland fa and the scottish premier league to ensure that his club duties remained of ‘paramount importance.’

“we can build together and the club will move on under my chairmanship”

fyfe hyland

the board of directors share two key priorities: On field success and growth of the hibernian brand.

There are lots of reasons to be positive despite the club shop making a loss of 18% the clubs commercial value increased by 10% and the crabbies sponsorship, which has already been a valued success, was signed for an initial 3 year term with the possibility of a longer partnership of 6 years.

Drop in revenue, however, requires the need to be innovative. 3 for 2 across several hibernian products is the starting point to delivering better value to the supporters and for the club.

The club will be looking to innovate across ticketing and various membership plans. Fyfe and the club plan to revisit all non-renewals and attempt to get them back. Existing st holders are also asked to play there part in bringing back lapsed supporters.

Hyland, as with the rest of the directors, recognises though the need for a successful side because we, as supporters, need reasons to believe in the product.

Stating: ‘we must rebuild the trust of supporters…we have complete understanding of your frustrations, issues and ambitions.’

the biggest issue around the club just now is a general apathy.

The board, he says, have ‘nothing to hide’ and they will continue to ‘meet and engage with supporters.’

surveys

All surveys were “frank, honest and enlighting” but were “encouraging” due to the passion and ideas involved.

success(this is key)
youth
community culture
financial stability
maintenance
need to use social media effectively

forums

1000 supporters, via the surveys, volunteered to take part in fans forums and the club intend to use the majority of volunteers in upcoming forums.
The first two forums will be discussing amongst other issues possible revenue raising ideas.
These forums will take place before the upcoming home games against kilmarnock and rangers.

Fyfe: “as a family we must learn from mistakes but must not look backwards…focus on positives…only through working together will we succeed…we go forward as one…”

other notes of interest

calderwood
there were mixed messages on the desire for colin to leave (forest offer was lower than what we paid newcastle) – very obvious though the supporters lost confidence and we must learn from these mistakes (rp)
the board are sorry that cc never worked out but felt at the time of his employment that they couldn’t let a “person of that experience go by” (bruce langham)

friday night football
this is an experiment. Sorry to all affected by the change of date of the motherwell game (rp)

prices
fallacy to suggest a drop in prices would increase attendance. Most important thing we can do is put a winning team on the park. (fh)

season tickets
season tickets should always be the best value for supporters. This will continue to be reviewed - the payment plan will again be utilised next year. On average sts paying about £12/game. (fh)

board of directors
the board continue to look at their effectiveness and remuneration. (rp)

playing style
style is imperative but even more important is the requirement of the new manager to be a leader. Leadership is vital to impose an inspiration and belief. (sl)

discipline
disciplinary issues are dealt with in house. Club will not react to newspaper stories. Scott lindsay investigated palsson incident personally by visiting the nightclub and meeting with its manager and yes vp misbehaved but what was reported in the papers was nowhere near the truth. (sl)
petrie, choked as he spoke about garry o’connor coming “home to be looked after by people who care.”

sir tom farmer

sir tom spoke openly and passionately stating he found it fascinating to sit at the back of the room of so many people who share one belief, one common goal, to see hibernian football club be a winning team.

Speaking about rod petrie, farmer stated he was the “finest chairman we could possibly have.” he would not put up with anyone who is not 100% committed saying he would love a whole team of petries and commended him for hours and days of dedication in his role at hibernian. Talking about petrie, farmer summed it up by saying ‘we saw tonight a man who spoke with true emotion of the way he cares about this club.’

farmer understands the disappointment saying: ‘i am one of the strongest supporters this club have and not just financially…i know how much this club means…this is an important club…’

speaking about future investment sir tom admitted he would consider anyone that would benefit the club.

He said: “criticism comes with passion, lets join together. Nobody consciously makes a mistake”

farmer finished up by saying ‘we must employ the right manager who has all the players, staff etc looking for the “eye of the tiger.” ‘communication is the be all and end all.’
thanks for everything…thanks for your support…i am proud…i appreciate everything the supporters do but please give your support to all the board…good luck and bless you all.”

great post thanks very much

Peevemor
08-11-2011, 10:45 PM
Cheers

:thumbsup:

Newhaven
08-11-2011, 10:47 PM

Usually the Q+A for the accounts takes 20 seconds - this went on for over 20 minutes!

Marwick looked well out his depth IMO

Aubenas
08-11-2011, 10:48 PM
Like they did with Yogi, you mean?

Fair point - I meant in the context of a formal meeting like tonight - though I do believe RP's dig at Yogi was wrong - irrespective of whether it was accurate. I think silence can be very telling in these situations, daft to get involved in a slanging match. Likewise I thought RP's joke early on tonight ( ref the diving verdict - Garry was just glad to hear a not guilty verdict) was ill chosen as well - as a number of fans pointed out later.

silverhibee
08-11-2011, 10:50 PM

Looks like Rods packing under the jacket. :greengrin

grunt
08-11-2011, 10:50 PM
... though I do believe RP's dig at Yogi was wrong.I agree with you. Even if this is what he thought, he shouldn't have said it.

Mikey
08-11-2011, 10:52 PM
In apologies in advance for long winded post:..........

Not at all, cheers for that. Does that mean I get the night off next year? :greengrin

I think you might have been sitting right next to me. 3 rows from the front, pretty much dead centre?

Bad Martini
08-11-2011, 10:54 PM
All very noble.

I'm thankful to STF. He saved our club. That deserves thanks. I respect the debt being sorted by our board and Petrie. So, we're all good.

But now, we're screwed on the pitch.

This agm has not yielded answers to everything.

Bottom line; if our next manager isn't right, if we continue with utter ***** on the pitch and if we carry onmaking no progresss, Petrie and his pals won't have an investment left...

We need this sorted. Pronto. Properly.

Hot air. Empty words mean nothing and change nothing. What matters is goals and wins and points.......

ENDOF

Hibbyradge
08-11-2011, 10:54 PM
Likewise I thought RP's joke early on tonight ( ref the diving verdict - Garry was just glad to hear a not guilty verdict) was ill chosen as well - as a number of fans pointed out later.

That sounds like quite a funny quip.

Was it just the anti RP brigade that criticised him for the remark or was everyone up in arms?

Hibbyradge
08-11-2011, 10:55 PM
All very noble.

I'm thankful to STF. He saved our club. That deserves thanks. I respect the debt being sorted by our board and Petrie. So, we're all good.

Bottom line; if our next manager isn't right, if we continue with utter ***** on the pitch and if we carry onmaking no progresss, Petrie and his pals won't have an investment left...

Hot air. Empty words mean nothing and change nothing. What matters is goals and wins and points.......

ENDOF

:agree: Hot air.

jabis
08-11-2011, 11:01 PM
All very noble.

ENDOF

you were saying ?

andrew70
08-11-2011, 11:03 PM
Not at all, cheers for that. Does that mean I get the night off next year? :greengrin

I think you might have been sitting right next to me. 3 rows from the front, pretty much dead centre?

I don't mind doing it :greengrin

I was sitting right at the back though mate so not the person you are thinking of. :confused:

Hibby D
08-11-2011, 11:05 PM
That sounds like quite a funny quip.

Was it just the anti RP brigade that criticised him for the remark or was everyone up in arms?

A few people laughed when he first said it but I suspect the majority didn't actually know what to do with it as it was so unexpected. When it was pointed out that it was in bad taste there was a light round of applause, lots of head nodding and some, like myself, thinking Hmm yeah, probably shouldn't have laughed at that.

HibbingtonHibs
08-11-2011, 11:06 PM
Perks? Merc? Bonus? Pension? Interest paid to Holding Co - may mean salary taken from there :wink:

Sure RP knows many ways to skin a cat ..

Exactly. If Rod hasn't taken a bean from the club (directly or indirectly) then he's more stupid than we all thought he was already.

I don't mind what RP has done for the club, but he needs to stop meddling in football decisions and he needs to stop talking to the fans like a headmaster.

frazeHFC
08-11-2011, 11:07 PM
12 protestors, or can we include the dog :dunno:

http://www.snspix.com/image/detail_5758023.jpg

Mikey
08-11-2011, 11:08 PM
I was sitting right at the back though mate so not the person you are thinking of. :confused:

Ah, ok.

He's probably typing it up just now and when he hits "reply" he'll go "oh buggar, beaten to it" :greengrin

That was a great summary, ta very much.

Aubenas
08-11-2011, 11:08 PM

It was a kind of general feeling I'd say. As I posted, I was surprised by the strength of feeling about players misbehaving as you get a lot of comments on here along the lines of 'they're just being lads'. The mention of Rod's 'joke' came as part of that complaint in general. FWIW I think RP was just trying, awkwardly, to lighten the atmosphere. It was pretty clear by his reaction when talking about G O'C 'coming home', that he really cares about him - as I think some have hinted on here before. Sadly that doesn't fit in with the cartoon of tache the inhuman money man, which some folk would rather believe.

Dan Sarf
08-11-2011, 11:13 PM

Hibernian Football Club

Rod Petrie, ashen faced, opened the AGM attended by a full house in the Forthview Suite of the Famous Five Stand. Introducing the board of directors one by one and going through the evening’s agenda. The planned protest preceding the AGM passed peacefully with around 25/30 people making their voices heard.

First and Foremost the financial results were scrutinised and passed in the hands of Finance director Jamie Marwick. Marwick spoke unimpressively, looking nervous and at times quietly.

The player trading which did occur have all subsequently, after accounts were published, brought more money in to the club. The deals of Stokes, Bamba and Zemamma have all earned Hibs more money upon related clauses within the deals.

Supporters the questioned the board upon their own remuneration and it was brought the attention of all attending the Rod Petrie’s salary decreased to 75k last year and has, this year, decreased to NIL. Rod Petrie as it stands takes nothing, financial, out of the club.

Rod Petrie: ‘Directors have to lead from the front when cost cutting’

The formal part of the AGM was finalised and the accounts were passed.

Rod Petrie

Petrie spoke passionately about the club and the board’s responsibility in maintaining the support of Hibernian Football Club.
Acknowledging the disappointing dip in sporting performance he said this has cost us money. Football is a results business and that is why the board of directors ”acted decisively” and found Calderwood to no longer be the ‘right man’.
Petrie: ‘We hope the players will respond to a new manager’
He was sorry the appointment of Calderwood was not a success but was adamant in saying there is no interference whatsoever from the board. ‘The final decision is the managers.’

Choosing the new Manager

Lack of Success

Petrie stated his and the boards awareness that the lack of excitement and success affects everything. The infrastructure of the club is now complete its time we built a winning team and the board will do everything they can to put this in place.

Costs

We need income to maintain costs. The lack of success is disappointing and also due to the increased capacity there is less of a need to purchase a Season ticket. However Season Tickets are the ‘lifeblood to the manager’s budget.’

We all ‘need to contribute.’ “We must not rely on others”

Hearts and CEC

Petrie approached the subject of Edinburgh Council proposing to help Hearts’ stadium plans and was astonished at the council for even entertaining them. The council seem to have forgotten there is already a ‘Fully UEFA compliant stadium, bought and paid for in the city.’ The council did not help Hibs so why should they help Hearts despite them keeping spending on players and not worrying about their infrastructure. He added, in argument that the council did not proceed with a training centre, proposed by Hibs, for the community at Hunters Hall.

Duties

Last year Petrie was elected as 2nd vice president of the SFA and therefore chose to step down from positions with the East of Scotland FA and the Scottish Premier League to ensure that his club duties remained of ‘paramount importance.’

“We can build together and the club will move on under my chairmanship”

Fyfe Hyland

The board of directors share two key priorities: On field success and growth of the Hibernian brand.

There are lots of reasons to be positive despite the club shop making a loss of 18% the clubs commercial value increased by 10% and the Crabbies sponsorship, which has already been a valued success, was signed for an initial 3 year term with the possibility of a longer partnership of 6 years.

Drop in revenue, however, requires the need to be innovative. 3 for 2 across several Hibernian products is the starting point to delivering better value to the supporters and for the club.

The club will be looking to innovate across ticketing and various membership plans. Fyfe and the club plan to revisit all non-renewals and attempt to get them back. Existing ST holders are also asked to play there part in bringing back lapsed supporters.

The biggest issue around the club just now is a general apathy.

Surveys

Success(This is key)
Youth
Community Culture
Financial stability
Maintenance
Need to use social media effectively
Forums

These forums will take place before the upcoming home games against Kilmarnock and Rangers.

Fyfe: “As a family we must learn from mistakes but must not look backwards…focus on positives…only through working together will we succeed…we go forward as one…”

Other Notes of Interest

Calderwood
There were mixed messages on the desire for Colin to leave (Forest offer was lower than what we paid Newcastle) – very obvious though the supporters lost confidence and we must learn from these mistakes (RP)
The Board are sorry that CC never worked out but felt at the time of his employment that they couldn’t let a “person of that experience go by” (Bruce Langham)

Friday Night Football
This is an experiment. Sorry to all affected by the change of date of the Motherwell game (RP)

Prices
Fallacy to suggest a drop in prices would increase attendance. Most important thing we can do is put a winning team on the park. (FH)

Season Tickets
Season tickets should always be the best value for supporters. This will continue to be reviewed - The payment plan will again be utilised next year. On average STs paying about £12/game. (FH)

Board of Directors
The Board continue to look at their effectiveness and remuneration. (RP)

Playing style
Style is imperative but even more important is the requirement of the new manager to be a leader. Leadership is vital to impose an inspiration and belief. (SL)

Discipline
Disciplinary issues are dealt with in house. Club will not react to newspaper stories. Scott Lindsay investigated Palsson incident personally by visiting the Nightclub and meeting with its manager and yes VP misbehaved but what was reported in the papers was nowhere near the truth. (SL)
Petrie, choked as he spoke about Garry O’Connor coming “home to be looked after by people who care.”

Sir Tom Farmer

Sir Tom spoke openly and passionately stating he found it fascinating to sit at the back of the room of so many people who share one belief, one common goal, to see Hibernian Football Club be a winning team.

Speaking about Rod Petrie, Farmer stated he was the “finest chairman we could possibly have.” He would not put up with anyone who is not 100% committed saying he would love a whole team of Petries and commended him for hours and days of dedication in his role at Hibernian. Talking about Petrie, Farmer summed it up by saying ‘we saw tonight a man who spoke with true emotion of the way he cares about this club.’

Farmer understands the disappointment saying: ‘I am one of the strongest supporters this club have and not just financially…I know how much this club means…This is an important club…’

Speaking about future investment Sir Tom admitted he would consider anyone that would benefit the club.

He said: “Criticism comes with passion, lets join together. Nobody consciously makes a mistake”

Farmer finished up by saying ‘We must employ the right manager who has all the players, staff etc looking for the “Eye of the Tiger.” ‘Communication is the be all and end all.’
Thanks for everything…Thanks for your support…I am proud…I appreciate everything the supporters do but please give your support to all the board…Good luck and Bless you all.”

Thank you for that. Excellent report. It felt like being there.

Jones28
08-11-2011, 11:17 PM
true rubbish idea. we should praise petrie for loosing 1000s of season tick holders, running up millions in operating losses in last few years, no more family silver to sell, product on the park being dire, more managers than hot dinners.

look forward to hearing from you at the AGM praising Rod.

Perhaps the punters that cant take anymore of our club falling apart in front of our eyes want to remind STF and the board they have had enough.

I think the team on the park is more the reason for drops in the number of season ticket holders.
This is the first year in I think seven (?) that Hibs have made a loss.

In what way is it his fault that we don't have players to sell? Are you seriously suggesting that all RP is there to do is sell off good players? Not to improve the infrastructure, do as much as possible to help the club progress within its very limited means and attract supporters back to games by spending millions Hibs don't have on wages and transfer fee's? Who can I think of that has done the latter and achieved one trophy out of a possible 18 since they started doing it...

Iain G
08-11-2011, 11:23 PM
You openly accused him of being paid by other means - as in 'payments in kind'. You insinuated, and continue to insinuate, that he, RP, is being remunerated in some other way. :wink:

Do you know how much that volume of moustache wax and gold & ivory antique moustache grooming dvices costs a year, why is it not shown in the accounts!?!?! :wink:

The Harp
08-11-2011, 11:29 PM
It was a kind of general feeling I'd say. As I posted, I was surprised by the strength of feeling about players misbehaving as you get a lot of comments on here along the lines of 'they're just being lads'. The mention of Rod's 'joke' came as part of that complaint in general. FWIW I think RP was just trying, awkwardly, to lighten the atmosphere. It was pretty clear by his reaction when talking about G O'C 'coming home', that he really cares about him - as I think some have hinted on here before. Sadly that doesn't fit in with the cartoon of tache the inhuman money man, which some folk would rather believe.

I must say I'm glad I went along tonight. I couldn't see Rod when he was sitting as there was a pillar in the way but I could certainly hear his voice breaking when he spoke of Garry O'. Fair play to Rod, I thought he came out of tonight's ordeal reasonably well (bet he's glad it's over though) and showing emotion the way he did is something I haven't seen from him before.
Mind you, when it comes to emotive speeches - Sir Tom's yer man!

Jones28
08-11-2011, 11:29 PM
He cannot live on the coat-tails of the good forever, good for him he diverted a huge chunk of some transfer money we got to help stablise the club, but for me he is now doing damage to the club, for all the money that came in thanks to the scouts he has possibly just cost the club a fair bit of money.

Thanks indeed for some of the stuff done but now well passed sell by date and should leave asap.

How is he supposed to buy players with no money though?! Why don't Hibs fans get that there isn't exactly millions in transfer kitty stuffed under Petrie's desk.

Hibs made a loss due to poor performances turning season ticket holders away. £900'000 is still a fair chunk of money in any SPL clubs book.

Petrie and Hibs made sound investments in facilities and Stadia for the long term future of the club. Would most fans prefer the money was spent on players and wages, so that in 10 years time Hibs would be in the same position as we were in 2003-2004, having blown £14 million on players for no or little success?

The past few years should be a message to fans and clubs alike: if you live within your means and build stadiums and facilities first you have set the groundwork for the next 20 years or more. Hearts didn't, they spent crazy wages on SPL standard at best players and are now playing in a virtually condemned stadium.

I for one will be clamouring for the East to be the Tash Terrace and West the Sir Tom Farmer stand in 5 years when Hibs are the established third force in the SPL, head and shoulders above the rest playing great football and watching as the closest our neighbours get to playing football again is a kickabout at WOF

Thanks to Rod

Baldy Foghorn
08-11-2011, 11:32 PM
For the record here is what I said, as a poster earlier in the thread had a go for the question I asked of Sir Tom.

I said " Turnover is down, and we are losing fans at a rapid rate of knots.....Under no circumstances should either Jeffries or Laslo be considered for the managerial position, as fans would not accept it.....They had to get appointment right.....I said it was a ridiculous scenario that we knocked back compensation for CC, only to sack him just over 3 months later....I have no confidence in the board to turn things around......

Then I said the players were not working hard enough, they look unfit, and stated we were getting bad press over O'Connor, Palsson, Scott and Stack, and made reference to Rod's joke to say I did not find any of it funny.......

Finally I asked what would have happened at Qwik-Fit, if so many of their customers had voiced as many concerns as we supporters where, would Sir Tom tolerate it......."

I was angry, still am, but managed to go on SSN without cursing......

Mikey
08-11-2011, 11:37 PM
For the record here is what I said, as a poster earlier in the thread had a go for the question I asked of Sir Tom.

I said " Turnover is down, and we are losing fans at a rapid rate of knots.....Under no circumstances should either Jeffries or Laslo be considered for the managerial position, as fans would not accept it.....They had to get appointment right.....I said it was a ridiculous scenario that we knocked back compensation for CC, only to sack him just over 3 months later....I have no confidence in the board to turn things around......

Then I said the players were not working hard enough, they look unfit, and stated we were getting bad press over O'Connor, Palsson, Scott and Stack, and made reference to Rod's joke to say I did not find any of it funny.......

Finally I asked what would have happened at Qwik-Fit, if so many of their customers had voiced as many concerns as we supporters where, would Sir Tom tolerate it......."

Good on ya for saying your bit :aok:

Aubenas
08-11-2011, 11:38 PM
Damn - I hate it when i go to the AGM and when I get home I realise half of the guys on here were there and I didn't recognise any of them!:greengrin:wink:

The Harp
08-11-2011, 11:38 PM
Just noticed the post from andrew70 - absolutely superb, well done that man! :aok:
We won't need to attend next time, we can just send you along.

Mikey
08-11-2011, 11:39 PM
Damn - I hate it when i go to the AGM and when I get home I realise half of the guys on here were there and I didn't recognise any of them!:greengrin:wink:

You would recognise Baldy Foghorn. He was the Baldy Foghorn :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
08-11-2011, 11:42 PM
You would recognise Baldy Foghorn. He was the Baldy Foghorn :greengrin

:aok:

Aubenas
08-11-2011, 11:42 PM
Of Course!!!!! And you were the MiKey!!!!!
Silly me!:rolleyes::doh::greengrin

Bad Martini
08-11-2011, 11:44 PM
you were saying ?

Can you not read like?

What I was saying, Im still saying now :rolleyes:

Quite simply; the board have said their piece. Petrie has said his piece. It's all hot air, if nothing comes from it?

Simples enough???

Perhaps, translate further??? :aok:

:rolleyes:

iwasthere1972
08-11-2011, 11:48 PM

Pretty sure you said "we're bumming along"

smurf
08-11-2011, 11:54 PM
As a man Rod went up in my estimation the way he spoke about O'Connor.

Taking such a pay cut too...

HibeeMG
08-11-2011, 11:55 PM

Aye, that was me that had a go earlier.

Whether or not I totally agree with you is by the by. I didn't realise, going by the updates, that you were able to ask more than the one question.

Also the Kwik-Fit question wasn't phrased as well as you actually had put it to STF. Your question was quite a bit more direct and to the point than the vague way it came across in the updates.

Because of these, I apologise for having a go.

Baldy Foghorn
08-11-2011, 11:57 PM
Pretty sure you said "we're bumming along"

Bumbling.....:wink:

Baldy Foghorn
08-11-2011, 11:59 PM
Aye, that was me that had a go earlier.

Whether or not I totally agree with you is by the by. I didn't realise, going by the updates, that you were able to ask more than the one question.

Also the Kwik-Fit question wasn't phrased as well as you actually had put it to STF. Your question was quite a bit more direct and to the point than the vague way it came across in the updates.

Because of these, I apologise for having a go.

I said my rant and asked 1 direct question at the end, wanted all my points aired first

iwasthere1972
09-11-2011, 12:01 AM
Bumbling.....:wink:

Aye you were. :greengrin

HibeeMG
09-11-2011, 12:02 AM

I said my rant and asked 1 direct question at the end, wanted all my points aired first

If you had asked the question as it was put in the updates it would've given STF the option of saying yes or no and leaving it there.

Out of interest, what answer did he actually give you?

Baldy Foghorn
09-11-2011, 12:04 AM
If you had asked the question as it was put in the updates it would've given STF the option of saying yes or no and leaving it there.

Out of interest, what answer did he actually give you?

He left it until his speech, saying that RP was the best Chairman we could have, and how we should all unite together......

Baldy Foghorn
09-11-2011, 12:06 AM
Aye you were. :greengrin

The camera did me no favours either......:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
09-11-2011, 12:06 AM
It seems to me, nothing much was answered, there wont be much change, and its up to the new manager to pull us out of this mess?

Good on Petrie for taking no wages, you have to take your hat off to him for that.:top marks

As someone else has said, STF gave a rousing speech as did Rod. And reading what some are saying it seems to have worked, have they pulled the wool over our eyes again?

I'm fed up with words, it was the same at the last AGM.

We need action, leadership and results. Still not convinced this lot have the ability to deliver it.

matty_f
09-11-2011, 12:07 AM

Well done for making it clear that FJK is a big no-no. :aok:

blackpoolhibs
09-11-2011, 12:09 AM

They say the camera puts pounds on you, just how many cameras were there actually there brokie? :wink:

grunt
09-11-2011, 12:11 AM
We need action, leadership and results. Still not convinced this lot have the ability to deliver it.Tbf, you shouldn't expect much action at an AGM.

iwasthere1972
09-11-2011, 12:14 AM

You're so right.

blackpoolhibs
09-11-2011, 12:15 AM
Tbf, you shouldn't expect much action at an AGM.

I dont, they normally just promise you they are doing their best, and everyone is doing their utmost to bring the success we all want.

Its the same people though who are still in charge, that have us in this mess now.

iwasthere1972
09-11-2011, 12:15 AM
They say the camera puts pounds on you, just how many cameras were there actually there brokie? :wink:

:kettle:

blackpoolhibs
09-11-2011, 12:16 AM
:kettle:

:greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
09-11-2011, 12:18 AM

Just the one Gary, must have still been bloated from dinner?:wink:

Baldy Foghorn
09-11-2011, 12:18 AM
You're so right.

That was 2007 man, I look worse now.....:greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
09-11-2011, 12:20 AM
It seems to me, nothing much was answered, there wont be much change, and its up to the new manager to pull us out of this mess?

Good on Petrie for taking no wages, you have to take your hat off to him for that.:top marks

As someone else has said, STF gave a rousing speech as did Rod. And reading what some are saying it seems to have worked, have they pulled the wool over our eyes again?

We need action, leadership and results. Still not convinced this lot have the ability to deliver it.

Agree Gary, I said I had no confidence in the Board, I still don't, easy for them to give passionate statements, but we need action and results, pronto

grunt
09-11-2011, 12:30 AM
Its the same people though who are still in charge, that have us in this mess now.

Agree Gary, I said I had no confidence in the Board, I still don't, easy for them to give passionate statements, but we need action and results, prontoBut, what do you want done differently? I said it earlier, I don't see where this Board has done anything wrong. The managerial appointments they made have been mostly applauded - certainly at the time they were made. The managers have been supported. We've seen major investment in the playing staff - moreso than at our peers in the SPL. We've seen significant investment off the pitch, substantially and demonstrably more than other SPL teams. We have a Board and an owner who are clearly hurting at the poor performances.

To all those who say, change the Board, sack RP, I would ask, what or who would you replace them with? What would you have wished was done differently?

And you talk about , "easy for them to give passionate statements", well, aren't we just the same, making passionate requests to do something differently? It's just that no one seems clear what needs to be different.

Saying, "Petrie out" is easy enough. And replace him with who, exactly?

Baldy Foghorn
09-11-2011, 12:37 AM
But, what do you want done differently? I said it earlier, I don't see where this Board has done anything wrong. The managerial appointments they made have been mostly applauded - certainly at the time they were made. The managers have been supported. We've seen major investment in the playing staff - moreso than at our peers in the SPL. We've seen significant investment off the pitch, substantially and demonstrably more than other SPL teams. We have a Board and an owner who are clearly hurting at the poor performances.

To all those who say, change the Board, sack RP, I would ask, what or who would you replace them with? What would you have wished was done differently?

And you talk about , "easy for them to give passionate statements", well, aren't we just the same, making passionate requests to do something differently? It's just that no one seems clear what needs to be different.

We have gone through 8 managers in 10 years.......Our record of hiring and firing is abysmal....Last two sacked immediately prior to AGM.....

Fantastic stadium and training complex in place, but we have a record of selling our best players and replacing them with journeymen...We need to get right manager in, and invest in playing squad, or pray the next manager can turn these players into a solid, winning side.....I just dont know if we can trust this Board to get the big decisions right....

blackpoolhibs
09-11-2011, 12:38 AM
But, what do you want done differently? I said it earlier, I don't see where this Board has done anything wrong. The managerial appointments they made have been mostly applauded - certainly at the time they were made. The managers have been supported. We've seen major investment in the playing staff - moreso than at our peers in the SPL. We've seen significant investment off the pitch, substantially and demonstrably more than other SPL teams. We have a Board and an owner who are clearly hurting at the poor performances.

But in the end they were mostly wrong. They get paid decent money or used to :wink: to make the right choices as our manager, and they clearly are not doing it. It makes no difference who we the fans want, they are the ones with the challenge of doing it, not us.

Imo Petrie has been in the job too long now, his time is up. There is more and more people fed up with him, and his waffle. Again imo we need someone else to lead us, he's certainly never been the kind of person that i'd say was a leader.

IWasThere2016
09-11-2011, 05:58 AM
A sensible reply to what? :faf:

You're hatred of Rod Petrie skews your ability to see things rationally.

You're happy to make things up, insinuate and repeat gossip, but you have no substance.

A few weeks ago you were telling everyone that RP was the highest paid board member in Scotland or something.

Now, when it transpires he isn't salaried, you hit the wink, I know something you don't button. :wink:

Gonny stop?

:faf:

What a load of utter pish.

I have NEVER said RP is/was the highest paid director in Scotland - you're making things up! I look forward to seeing the post you're dreaming!

I'm looking for a sensible reply to:

How RP was paid 75k in 2009/10 - at which point he was the highest paid director at the club. In 2010/11, A N Other was paid 88k - yet no director got an increase in salary!

Looks odd to me .. Perhaps even a lie - it is certainly contradictory or mis-leading is it not? Interesting to hear Jamie Marwick couldn't answer what seems like a very simple question, and RP stepped in with an answer that doesn't seem logical. Maybe someone who doesn't 'hate RP' can enlighten us?

Iain G
09-11-2011, 06:05 AM

I have NEVER said RP is/was the highest paid director in Scotland - you're making things up! I look forward to seeing the post you're dreaming!

How RP was paid 75k in 2009/10 - at which point he was the highest paid director at the club. In 2010/11, A N Other was paid 88k - yet no director got an increase in salary!

Looks odd to me .. Perhaps even a lie - it is certainly contradictory or mis-leading is it not? Interesting to hear Jamie Marwick couldn't answer what seems like a very simple question, and RP stepped in with an answer that doesn't seem logical. Maybe someone who doesn't 'hate RP' can enlighten us?

Perhaps he did take a wage last year, but since the report was printed he has decided to not take a wage out of the club in THIS new financial year?

IWasThere2016
09-11-2011, 06:33 AM
Perhaps he did take a wage last year, but since the report was printed he has decided to not take a wage out of the club in THIS new financial year?

IF - and I doubt we are talking about FY 11/12 - who took the rise (of nearly 20% in basic) when staff lost their jobs, others took a pay freeze, on and off field results were dire?

bighairyfaeleith
09-11-2011, 06:38 AM

you do hate him though, and it does skew your thought process, it's pretty clear to see.

Iain G
09-11-2011, 06:44 AM
IF - and I doubt we are talking about FY 11/12 - who took the rise (of nearly 20% in basic) when staff lost their jobs, others took a pay freeze, on and off field results were dire?

Why would it not be now? Given the financial report was dated when!?! The reporting of RP's words suggest he is not taking a wage now, doesn't mean he wasn't last financial period.

I was trying to provide a sensible explanation to your question, just because you are looking for them doesn't mean there are consipracies at every twist and turn or lurking in the shadows of everything that is said by any member of the board you know :wink:

A number of our board changed roles last year, Fyfe and Scott getting more responsibility, perhaps it was one of them who got the wage rise that goes with that extra responsibility, that would normally happen in a business when someone gets a promotion in level.

Barney McGrew
09-11-2011, 07:03 AM

I would think it would be likely it was either Hyland or Lindsay that had the increase, particularly given that their job specs changed and they took on more responsibility during the year for areas that Petrie presumably handed over to them.

In that case, losing RP's wage of £75k and giving someone else an extra £13k can only be seen as a saving surely? So where's the problem?

IWasThere2016
09-11-2011, 07:05 AM
you do hate him though, and it does skew your thought process, it's pretty clear to see.

Never met him .. Many are confusing 'hate' and 'rate'

bighairyfaeleith
09-11-2011, 07:05 AM
I would think it would be likely it was either Hyland or Lindsay that had the increase, particularly given that their job specs changed and they took on more responsibility during the year for areas that Petrie presumably handed over to them.

In that case, losing RP's wage of £75k and giving someone else an extra £13k can only be seen as a saving surely? So where's the problem?

The problem is it doesn't suit the agenda FFS :brickwall

IWasThere2016
09-11-2011, 07:07 AM

So are we now saying there was a director(s) who had a pay increase - when it was stated otherwise, and as staff lost jobs and the on and off field results were dire?

bighairyfaeleith
09-11-2011, 07:09 AM
So are we now saying there was a director(s) who had a pay increase - when it was stated otherwise, and as staff lost jobs and the on and off field results were dire?

Captain Trips
09-11-2011, 07:09 AM

Indeed

I think was it not pretty much the same last year.

Bottom line no matter how little or much they get paid no matter whom picked/picks the managers the board have to go.

Hiring CC was mistake, in summer we are offered money but not enough so he stays, 4 months later sacked, so in summer if even offered 10p it should have been taken. To not see in summer and before that CC was not right and back him was even worse mistake than hiring him, I do not see why people are keeping jobs after this along with how bad the club has been performing is really poor.

Talk of top 6 is not acceptable I thought he said years ago challenging for Europe, well we havent been. This top 6 is seen as an ok target I do not see a top 6 I see 4th as the target. We should have been on the ball seasons ago to be taking advantage of when one OF has a mare and Hearts look like struggling but know we are still making bad decisions on managers and players.

The last 2 managers did not work out and our latest CC was just a waste of time and money and puts us in a worse off state than before his arrival or at least on a par. RP has had enough smoke blown up arse for what he did but when we talk of his good work we are going back years. IMO he has had his fair share of errors being cancelled out by previous good work but it has got to come to a point when no matter what he did before you cannot live on that and that for me has been and gone.

Barney McGrew
09-11-2011, 07:10 AM
Never met him .. Many are confusing 'hate' and 'rate'

And that's half the problem.

Like others, you're happy enough to try and pick holes in what goes on with innuendo and sly digs, without actually ever backing anything up with any real facts. Facts that you could quite easily get by rolling up to Behind the Goals at any home game, finding Rod Petrie (who always makes a point of being there IIRC) and asking him outright yourself.

Why have you never done that?

IWasThere2016
09-11-2011, 07:11 AM
Agree Gary, I said I had no confidence in the Board, I still don't, easy for them to give passionate statements, but we need action and results, pronto

:agree: There's been a downward spiral for over 4 years now and what have the board done about it?

Iain G
09-11-2011, 07:12 AM

No it's you that's saying that most certainly :greengrin

IWasThere2016
09-11-2011, 07:14 AM

Like others, you're happy enough to try and pick holes in what goes on with innuendo and sly digs, without actually ever backing anything up with any real facts. Facts that you could quite easily get by rolling up to Behind the Goals at any home game, finding Rod Petrie (who always makes a point of being there IIRC) and asking him outright yourself.

The facts are there. We are in decline.

What have the Board done to reverse this?

The one occasion I've been in BTG I didn't see RP. Only SL there on his phone and he was leaving.

I will be at the AGM next year.

Beefster
09-11-2011, 07:15 AM

While a bit irrelevant in the grand scheme of things, I think that you've a point. Rodders choked up on a question and was the master of answering without answering last night though so a lot of folk seem to be back onside and questioning Rodders is back to being taboo.

The amount of scrutiny they are subjected to is pretty poor tbh. Folk seem to think that as long as we still exist and have managed to sell a few players in that financial year then the board have done as good a job as possible.

Sergio sledge
09-11-2011, 07:16 AM
:faf: What a load of utter pish.I have NEVER said RP is/was the highest paid director in Scotland - you're making things up! I look forward to seeing the post you're dreaming!I'm looking for a sensible reply to:How RP was paid 75k in 2009/10 - at which point he was the highest paid director at the club. In 2010/11, A N Other was paid 88k - yet no director got an increase in salary!Looks odd to me .. Perhaps even a lie - it is certainly contradictory or mis-leading is it not? Interesting to hear Jamie Marwick couldn't answer what seems like a very simple question, and RP stepped in with an answer that doesn't seem logical. Maybe someone who doesn't 'hate RP' can enlighten us? The highest paid director in 2010 accounts had a salary and other renumeration taking him up to a certain level. Perhaps in 2011 accounts a different director who had a higher salary but lower bonus' etc. Became the hugest paid director without taking a salary rise or with only taking a tiny rise. (IIRC, the total package was 1k more than the previous year, a pay rise of 1% which is much lower than inflation) I'm not sure of company law, but do companies have to disclose who the highest paid director is? I know I wouldn't be comfortable discussing someone else's salary with a customer of our company, so can see how Jamie Marwick felt awkward. Anyway, RP has done what many have been calling for him to do for ages and is taking no salary. Total directors pay cut to 300k this financial year, which can only be a good thing IMHO. you yourself have been calling for this for a while and yet when it happens you're still finding something to moan about.... :wink:

Beefster
09-11-2011, 07:18 AM

Have you ever done that? In my experience, trying to get a staight answer out of Rodders in BTG is like trying to get one out of a politician.

Iain G
09-11-2011, 07:20 AM
While a bit irrelevant in the grand scheme of things, I think that you've a point. Rodders choked up on a question and was the master of answering without answering last night though so a lot of folk seem to be back onside and questioning Rodders is back to being taboo.

The amount of scrutiny they are subjected to is pretty poor tbh. Folk seem to think that as long as we still exist and have managed to sell a few players in that financial year then the board have done as good a job as possible.

Not questioning Rodders being taboo, more this endless witch hunt and persecution based on innuendo, rumour and conjecture that is unpalatable to some. :agree:

Barney McGrew
09-11-2011, 07:20 AM
Have you ever done that? In my experience, trying to get a staight answer out of Rodders in BTG is like trying to get one out of a politician.

I've had a couple of conversations with him and other board members, yes.

Although I do take your point about trying to get an answer out him :greengrin

IWasThere2016
09-11-2011, 07:21 AM

Of course I have a point - why else was JM unable to answer such a simple question? The answer given was not the correct and wholly truthful explanation IMHO - someone got a significant increase.

Anyone got Fyffe's or Scott's emails - I will ask in simple terms for a simple answer.

spike220
09-11-2011, 07:23 AM
I have been reading a lot, but not posting much lately. But after a lot of reflection I have these three points to make:

1. That so called AGM protest 'Petrie Out", was a mockery of a shambles and a shambles of mockery, never have seen such a dispassionate and sterile protest in all my life. I don’t think I agree with their sentiments either.
2. That JAMBO development package is p1ss take is it not, of Hibs, and of ECC tax payers.
3. Lets start talking about playing some football and stop whining like woman all the time. I hear people on here whining so much I was starting to think I was married to some of them.

GGTTH

Captain Trips
09-11-2011, 07:25 AM
Are our problems due to what somebody might or might not het paid? No I think they are down to the bad decisions that these people have made and continued to make into this season.

No matter how little he gets paid and how much the others get they still have a role in making the right decisions at right time, they got one of the most important decisions in picking a manager wrong, they got it wrong again in summer and now they finally act and it is part of a history of errors. Anyone at club making these descisions no matter what pay should be looking for work with CC, it was/is a fiasco of an appointment.

IWasThere2016
09-11-2011, 07:25 AM
The highest paid director in 2010 accounts had a salary and other renumeration taking him up to a certain level. Perhaps in 2011 accounts a different director who had a higher salary but lower bonus' etc. Became the hugest paid director without taking a salary rise or with only taking a tiny rise. (IIRC, the total package was 1k more than the previous year, a pay rise of 1% which is much lower than inflation) I'm not sure of company law, but do companies have to disclose who the highest paid director is? I know I wouldn't be comfortable discussing someone else's salary with a customer of our company, so can see how Jamie Marwick felt awkward. Anyway, RP has done what many have been calling for him to do for ages and is taking no salary. Total directors pay cut to 300k this financial year, which can only be a good thing IMHO. you yourself have been calling for this for a while and yet when it happens you're still finding something to moan about.... :wink:

You're confusing salary and remuneration are you not? Still means someone was earning less than RP's £75k and is now someone (not RP) is on £88k. That's a rise and - in context we are in - unacceptable IMHO.

Not questioning Rodders being taboo, more this endless witch hunt and persecution based on innuendo, rumour and conjecture that is unpalatable to some. :agree:

What I find unpalatable is that a simple question was not answered by a director, and another stepped in with another non answer - hence I'll email the club. For the the sakes of transparency, I will share the email and the answer - that's all I am looking for.

Sergio sledge
09-11-2011, 07:31 AM
You're confusing salary and remuneration are you not? Still means someone was earning less than RP's £75k and is now someone (not RP) is on £88k. That's a rise and - in context we are in - unacceptable IMHO. I don't think I am. The highest paid director is listed in terms of a full remuneration package, so isn't it possible that whilst RP was highest paid in 2010, ther was at that stage another director receiving a higher basic salary but lower total remuneration which could mean no-one got a basic salary rise in 2011.

poolman
09-11-2011, 07:32 AM
Did anyone at last night's AGM bring up the important point of whether the 60 watt bulbs in the new East are needing replaced or not

It's what big teams debate at their AGM's :agree:

Saorsa
09-11-2011, 07:35 AM

Are our problems due to what somebody might or might not het paid? No I think they are down to the bad decisions that these people have made and continued to make into this season.

No matter how little he gets paid and how much the others get they still have a role in making the right decisions at right time, they got one of the most important decisions in picking a manager wrong, they got it wrong again in summer and now they finally act and it is part of a history of errors. Anyone at club making these descisions no matter what pay should be looking for work with CC, it was/is a fiasco of an appointment.

Aye looks like Rod 'John Gotti' Petrie has gotten out of jail again despite the failure of yet another one of his appointments. Just how many mistakes is he going tae be allowed tae make before he is brought tae book? Well he's on his last legs as far as I'm concerned. There's nowt I can do about the money I've handed over this season but if the next appointment disnae improve results, performances and attitude substantially over the remainder of this current season I'll be joining those who have chosen no tae throw away £400+ on pish and renew their season tickets, until Petrie (and in fact the current board) are out the door that is.

Kaiser1962
09-11-2011, 07:36 AM
I think the team on the park is more the reason for drops in the number of season ticket holders.
This is the first year in I think seven (?) that Hibs have made a loss.

It is a factor without doubt but it's worth adding that Dundee United are showing a substantial percentage drop in ST sales. This on the back of a Scottish Cup win and their only two top four finishes since restructuring in 97-98.

Iain G
09-11-2011, 07:40 AM
You're confusing salary and remuneration are you not? Still means someone was earning less than RP's £75k and is now someone (not RP) is on £88k. That's a rise and - in context we are in - unacceptable IMHO.

What I find unpalatable is that a simple question was not answered by a director, and another stepped in with another non answer - hence I'll email the club. For the the sakes of transparency, I will share the email and the answer - that's all I am looking for.

Well would be easier to ask the club instead of having a tizzy on here :greengrin

Ray_
09-11-2011, 07:51 AM

Look at the crowds disappearing & the garbage being played & the consistent ability not to punch our weight, aren't those facts enough?!

greenlex
09-11-2011, 07:55 AM

Good luck with the e-mail G. If some random was to e-mail me asking about specific directors renumeration they would told to bolt. In the nicest possible way of course.

dwlt
09-11-2011, 08:06 AM

It seems to me the simplest way for a director to earn more without there being a pay rise is for a new appointment to be made. If they were a newly appointed director within the financial year under discussion (whether not previously employed by Hibs or receiving a promotion from within) that might explain the discrepancy without any lies or half-truths being involved. I don't know the timings of various director appointments, though.

BEEJ
09-11-2011, 08:07 AM
RP took no salary from Hibs last year
Can we just get this one absolutely straight so that we're not arguing over a misunderstanding.

RP was paid last financial year (year to 31 July 2011). However he is now taking no salary from the club - i.e as of 1 August. See below.

Thanks, Mikey.

Wrong argument - see above.

Again, see above.

Caversham Green
09-11-2011, 08:07 AM
I don't think I am. The highest paid director is listed in terms of a full remuneration package, so isn't it possible that whilst RP was highest paid in 2010, ther was at that stage another director receiving a higher basic salary but lower total remuneration which could mean no-one got a basic salary rise in 2011.

That is possible. The rules are that a company must disclose how many directors are remunerated (i.e. whole package including BIK) over £100k and a breakdown of the highest paid director's remuneration if that is over £100k. So it's possible that SL was on £88k in the previous year but his benefits etc didn't take him over the £100k, whereas this year they did.

joe breezy
09-11-2011, 08:08 AM
So did anyone raise the point that we don't have 11 players good enough to bring Hibs success and the only way to remedy that short term is a cash injection?

bingo70
09-11-2011, 08:15 AM
So did anyone raise the point that we don't have 11 players good enough to bring Hibs success and the only way to remedy that short term is a cash injection?

It's not the only way to remedy that, IMO we've got better players than our league place suggests so you can also motivate the players and organise them in such a way that we play to the best of our abilities, throwng money at the problem doesn't always fix it.

That said, i'm certain whoever gets the gig will get the usual backing even though we can't afford it.

Andy74
09-11-2011, 08:33 AM

It's not. We just are suited better to not creating. We have rode our luck away and only won a couple of games. Just seems better than watching us try to dominate games at home. Which we can't do.

IWasThere2016
09-11-2011, 08:36 AM
Good luck with the e-mail G. If some random was to e-mail me asking about specific directors renumeration they would told to bolt. In the nicest possible way of course.

Yes - my expectation level is low.

Can we just get this one absolutely straight so that we're not arguing over a misunderstanding.

RP was paid last financial year (year to 31 July 2011). However he is now taking no salary from the club - i.e as of 1 August. See below.

Wrong argument - see above.

Yes - Mikey's post is different to what others have said. Admin pr*ck! :wink: :greengrin

Makes JM's inability to answer all the more disappointing...

IWasThere2016
09-11-2011, 08:38 AM
It's not. We just are suited better to not creating. We have rode our luck away and only won a couple of games. Just seems better than watching us try to dominate games at home. Which we can't do.

Yup - too many waiting for things to happen .. rather than making it happen. Kinda like it is from top to bottom.

green glory
09-11-2011, 08:47 AM

STF was talking about investment wasn't he? How he was willing to consider investment from someone else. Well any businessman would welcome that, but did he indicate whether this was likely to happen or if he's willing to invest more.

You have to speculate to accumulate. And I'm talking about points!

BEEJ
09-11-2011, 08:50 AM

Hibernian Football Club

Thought this was very interesting! Earn-outs based on first-team appearances, presumably.

(Thanks, Andrew, for an excellent summary.)

RP's suggestion that we lost out on a high profile manager in 2007 who wouldn't relocate was quite interesting. Wonder who that was.
It's a minor point, but would that not have been 2008? The only time we were looking for a Manager in 2007 was after 20th December when JC walked. I doubt we would have made an offer within a week, and particularly over the festive season. :greengrin

As a man Rod went up in my estimation the way he spoke about O'Connor.

Taking such a pay cut too...
Did RP not get slightly emotional at last year's AGM as well, when speaking about Yogi's departure? Sure I remember reading that he had come across as being a bit choked at that part of the proceedings.

Clearly hadn't picked up on Hughes' 'legacy' by that stage. :greengrin

He left it until his speech, saying that RP was the best Chairman we could have, and how we should all unite together......
STF has done that before at AGMs. Always gives his full and unquestioning backing to RP.

That's the problem with meetings like that. The only valid proof will be when team performances and results change for the better.

bingo70
09-11-2011, 08:51 AM
STF was talking about investment wasn't he? How he was willing to consider investment from someone else. Well any businessman would welcome that, but did he indicate whether this was likely to happen or if he's willing to invest more.

You have to speculate to accumulate. And I'm talking about points!

Without being at the AGM it sounds like he was makign the point he's open for people to come in and help but folk aren't battering the door down to invest in a club in scottish football where there's almost zero chance of a return.

We have been speculating but not accumulating points so it's not as simple as just chucking money at it, if it was that simple everyone would be doing it.

Captain Trips
09-11-2011, 08:52 AM
Ok we have no money which then makes the appointment of the right manager so important this hasnt been done, then when it isnt working and you are given chance to get some money out it you again make the 2nd bad judgement call on the same manager, IMO errors you cannot and should not get away with.

blackpoolhibs
09-11-2011, 09:05 AM
What has actually changed since Monday, apart from a lot of rousing words and Rod Petrie working for nothing?:confused:

Beefster
09-11-2011, 09:11 AM
What has actually changed since Monday, apart from a lot of rousing words and Rod Petrie working for nothing?:confused:

The board have reiterated that the fans are powerless where their positions are concerned and a new protest group has been set up apparently.

blackpoolhibs
09-11-2011, 09:13 AM
The board have reiterated that the fans are powerless where their positions are concerned and a new protest group has been set up apparently.

:greengrin yip thats about it. We still have a poor team, and no manager. At least we have a few rousing words from our owner to lift our spirits. Things are looking up.:wink:

Hibbyradge
09-11-2011, 09:14 AM

It was the AGM, Gary. Nothing changes at AGMs.

The change will happen when the next manager is appointed, hopefully for the better.

blackpoolhibs
09-11-2011, 09:35 AM

The change will happen when the next manager is appointed, hopefully for the better.

Yip Dave, nothings changed. And yes you are right the manager will hopefully make those changes for the better.

The AGM every year seems like groundhog day, we have some Churchillian speeches from those in charge, which fair do's we as fans like. Then we get nothing, we get no comments from them or we get the odd youtube post now stating the bleeding obvious.

Leadership should start at the top, and while not wanting the crazy talk like we get from the other side of town, we do not appear to have any at Hibs. Our Chairman has never been one for the press, we rarely hear what he thinks apart from the AGM?

We need our club in the press telling us just what they are about, telling us their goals. Talking us up, letting folk know we are up for this fight.

Yes the new manager has to change things, and he too should also be pumping us up through the media, galvanising the club and its support, getting us all working together. Thats not the case now, before or after the AGM.

This is make or break time, although this was said the last time.

Captain Trips
09-11-2011, 09:42 AM
Yip Dave, nothings changed. And yes you are right the manager will hopefully make those changes for the better.

The AGM every year seems like groundhog day, we have some Churchillian speeches from those in charge, which fair do's we as fans like. Then we get nothing, we get no comments from them or we get the odd youtube post now stating the bleeding obvious.

Leadership should start at the top, and while not wanting the crazy talk like we get from the other side of town, we do not appear to have any at Hibs. Our Chairman has never been one for the press, we rarely hear what he thinks apart from the AGM?

We need our club in the press telling us just what they are about, telling us their goals. Talking us up, letting folk know we are up for this fight.

Yes the new manager has to change things, and he too should also be pumping us up through the media, galvanising the club and its support, getting us all working together. Thats not the case now, before or after the AGM.

I think it has passed make or break BH, they have had their chances and failed to deliver on various fronts over last few years with one 4th to boast of. I do not today have all the answers but what we have now has made to many mistakes to be allowed the chance to continue and I am dissapointed to hear STF describing RP.

Iain G
09-11-2011, 09:48 AM

As a football club the leadership has to come from the manager, he is very much the face of the club, the one man key to giving the punters what they want and the fuclrum around which a good football club should operate, he sets the ethos and feel of the place that radiates through to players, staff, supporters, media etc.

The board should mainly be there to support that man to do his job to the best of his abilities and give him as many tools to do his job well to the best of their abilities. I don't really care if we don't ever hear from Rod or Fyfe or even Sir Tom, but I do care what the manager has to say.

Calderwood, Mixu, Yogi (and in some cases Collins too, especially the apple hiding behind incident!) and certainly Blobby have never been able to galvanise the club in the way Mogga could, we need a man who can get us excited again about Hibs and also deliver more often than not on that pitch.

truehibernian
09-11-2011, 10:17 AM
There are positives and negatives to take from last night to be honest.

The positives are that there are 40 people interested in the Hibs job :greengrin This dispels this commonly used phrase amongst certain fans and pundits alike 'who would want the Hibs job'. I am certain that amongst the 40 there will be some very good candidates (unless of course 39 applications have gone in from Yogi, the other being from McGhee :faf:).

STF clearly has solid affection and indeed faith in RP. The positive I take from that is that they are not split.....the reason I say that was due to STF's message to fans that he was not against further investment. I thought that comment would have been picked up on more.....it's the first I have heard him say directly that it would never be ruled out. Is he thinking of putting more money in ?

SL seems to have come across well and has a vision of who he wishes to appoint (character wise) and where the club is going. I actually like Scott, I think he speaks well, is articulate and he does listen to fans. I am not a great fan of Fyfe sadly. I have just never taken to him (really cannot explain why.....strange).

Whilst we made a loss, we are still solid financially, there are income streams being generated, and through contracts we are getting little drip feeds of money from player sales beyond the sales. That could be crucial when the likes of Stokes goes down south, or say Leicester or Boro get promoted.

The other positive was that there was no hysteria. I had a vision that there would be frothing at the mouth and that it would descend into a big 'bun fight' and get personal. Things were calm, composed and constructive. That is the atmosphere we need right now. So well done those who attended who remained cool and were frank with their views (but constructive).

The negatives - I am not satisfied that as a club they appreciate that players off field antics are both damaging and divisive (both for the team and the fans). Yes GOC needed support, but come on, he is an adult with riches beyond most of us. Whilst it is admirable that RP was emotional and supportive, I wanted to hear RP, SL and STF (especially) say that the behaviour has been unacceptable and acknowledge that it affects the way we look at the players and the club.

Calderwood - they were as ever coy and rightly protective (of their positions), but I think more could have been said with regards his time at the club. The summer nonsense for me was brushed over. The commitment issue was so damaging I don't think they realise. Fans are intelligent, and answers were needed then. His attendance at training and the club was glossed over. The photos in hotels with McLaren. I really think that needed to be raised as an issue that fans were deeply deeply upset about (and rightly so).

RP's position - they claimed we have a chairman who cares more than we realise. Well that for me is a must for that position anyway - we as fans care the same, some more. I think that was an unneccesary 'tug of the heart strings' comment that again glossed over the cracks. The fans and Rod are divided. This was a night for Rod to step up to the plate and answer all the questions we as fans have had once and for all. Not to be dramatic, but so it could be on record. If RP is now not taking a salary, then sorry - he has his shareholding, please step aside, watch from afar as an investor, and hand the reigns over to someone else. Someone who we as fans can relate to and unite behind. As long as he is there, people will turn their backs now (sadly).

The last negative was that they seemed to justify the cost of going to games. It is still way too expensive and it truly does need looked at. Fyfe stating that it is a myth that lower prices mean greater attendances.........well if you make statements like that Fyfe, you really must come up with some empirical evidence to show it is factually correct ?? There was none. Prove it and I will shut my mouth - don't prove it, well at least try a novel way to reduce entry prices.

Anyway, my mind is always made up regardless of AGM's, managerial vacancies, defeats or wins. I love this club of ours and I will always (finances permitting) go along and support them. I do think as fans we could be more positive and supportive (not just in numbers, I mean at games). Our mindset needs refreshed as well, that's just my opinion. The younger lads especially need our positivity. We have cracking ones waiting to come through.

And in a strange wee way, it's at times like this where there is gloom and apathy that I become more in love with Hibs. It's like having kids.........they can be a right pain in the behind at times, but one wee smile, quote and laugh and you remember why you love 'em. We really are a great wee club you know :agree:

Iain G
09-11-2011, 10:26 AM

The last negative was that they seemed to justify the cost of going to games. It is still way too expensive and it truly does need looked at. Fyfe stating that it is a myth that lower prices mean greater attendances.........well if you make statements like that Fyfe, you really must come up with some empirical evidence to show it is factually correct ?? There was none. Prove it and I will shut my mouth - don't prove it, well at least try a novel way to reduce entry prices.

The oft quoted example of this is Motherwell under John Boyle, dropped ticket prices but failed to get the hike in attendances they expected by making it more affordable and lost money! Hibs may be different as we have a bigger latent fan base and it may entice some back, but perhaps not enough to make up for the shortfall in ticket revenues lost by the 7 or 8000 regular goer getting in for cheaper prices.

truehibernian
09-11-2011, 10:43 AM
The oft quoted example of this is Motherwell under John Boyle, dropped ticket prices but failed to get the hike in attendances they expected by making it more affordable and lost money! Hibs may be different as we have a bigger latent fan base and it may entice some back, but perhaps not enough to make up for the shortfall in ticket revenues lost by the 7 or 8000 regular goer getting in for cheaper prices.

Yep, very true Iain - it's the example that I would expect from Fyfe (if asked).

But in these recessionary times, I am utterly convinced that with a bit of thought, inspiration and research, Hibs could come up with novel ideas how to reduce costs and increase attendances. Fyfe and SL are bang on the money by saying that it's form on the pitch that will attact folk back. But they IMHO underestimate the power of a bigger, positive support.

hughio
09-11-2011, 10:43 AM
There are positives and negatives to take from last night to be honest.

The positives are that there are 40 people interested in the Hibs job :greengrin This dispels this commonly used phrase amongst certain fans and pundits alike 'who would want the Hibs job'. I am certain that amongst the 40 there will be some very good candidates (unless of course 39 applications have gone in from Yogi, the other being from McGhee :faf:).

STF clearly has solid affection and indeed faith in RP. The positive I take from that is that they are not split.....the reason I say that was due to STF's message to fans that he was not against further investment. I thought that comment would have been picked up on more.....it's the first I have heard him say directly that it would never be ruled out. Is he thinking of putting more money in ?

SL seems to have come across well and has a vision of who he wishes to appoint (character wise) and where the club is going. I actually like Scott, I think he speaks well, is articulate and he does listen to fans. I am not a great fan of Fyfe sadly. I have just never taken to him (really cannot explain why.....strange).

Whilst we made a loss, we are still solid financially, there are income streams being generated, and through contracts we are getting little drip feeds of money from player sales beyond the sales. That could be crucial when the likes of Stokes goes down south, or say Leicester or Boro get promoted.

The other positive was that there was no hysteria. I had a vision that there would be frothing at the mouth and that it would descend into a big 'bun fight' and get personal. Things were calm, composed and constructive. That is the atmosphere we need right now. So well done those who attended who remained cool and were frank with their views (but constructive).

The negatives - I am not satisfied that as a club they appreciate that players off field antics are both damaging and divisive (both for the team and the fans). Yes GOC needed support, but come on, he is an adult with riches beyond most of us. Whilst it is admirable that RP was emotional and supportive, I wanted to hear RP, SL and STF (especially) say that the behaviour has been unacceptable and acknowledge that it affects the way we look at the players and the club.

Calderwood - they were as ever coy and rightly protective (of their positions), but I think more could have been said with regards his time at the club. The summer nonsense for me was brushed over. The commitment issue was so damaging I don't think they realise. Fans are intelligent, and answers were needed then. His attendance at training and the club was glossed over. The photos in hotels with McLaren. I really think that needed to be raised as an issue that fans were deeply deeply upset about (and rightly so).

RP's position - they claimed we have a chairman who cares more than we realise. Well that for me is a must for that position anyway - we as fans care the same, some more. I think that was an unneccesary 'tug of the heart strings' comment that again glossed over the cracks. The fans and Rod are divided. This was a night for Rod to step up to the plate and answer all the questions we as fans have had once and for all. Not to be dramatic, but so it could be on record. If RP is now not taking a salary, then sorry - he has his shareholding, please step aside, watch from afar as an investor, and hand the reigns over to someone else. Someone who we as fans can relate to and unite behind. As long as he is there, people will turn their backs now (sadly).

Anyway, my mind is always made up regardless of AGM's, managerial vacancies, defeats or wins. I love this club of ours and I will always (finances permitting) go along and support them. I do think as fans we could be more positive and supportive (not just in numbers, I mean at games). Our mindset needs refreshed as well, that's just my opinion. The younger lads especially need our positivity. We have cracking ones waiting to come through.

And in a strange wee way, it's at times like this where there is gloom and apathy that I become more in love with Hibs. It's like having kids.........they can be a right pain in the behind at times, but one wee smile, quote and laugh and you remember why you love 'em. We really are a great wee club you know :agree:

Wow!
Great post:not worth

grunt
09-11-2011, 10:52 AM
We really are a great wee club you know :agree:Great post. Too often people lose sight of what a great club this is.

--------
09-11-2011, 11:26 AM

The $64,000 question being, will the new guy be allowed to do the job without interference?

And will we actually see forward planning rather than short-term contingency signings with no apparent long-term purpose in mind?

BSEJVT
09-11-2011, 11:33 AM

Not directed at BH this reply

Whether they do or they dont we are stuck with them

Is it too much to ask that we at least get behind them and the team for a while and see how it pans out?

or is it the case that some people's emnity for some of the individuals on the board is greater than their love of Hibs?

If that is the case, as it seems for some, then IMO they are doing themselves or more importantly Hibs no favours and should just get out of the way as they will always be a drag against what most of us want.

Spike Mandela
09-11-2011, 11:34 AM
Wow!
Great post:not worth

Not dismissing the posters heartfelt and astute post but it seems to ignore the fact this Great club is very close to relegation, losing money and losing supporters to an overwhelming apathy.

I'm getting fed up of the 'cornershop mentality' we seem to revere. Nothing wrong with thinking big and a instilling a bit of passion around the club, surely.

hibsbollah
09-11-2011, 11:39 AM
Wow!Great post:not worth Wonderful post TH. Especially the last paragraph :flag:

Captain Trips
09-11-2011, 11:41 AM
Not directed at BH this reply

Whether they do or they dont we are stuck with them

Is it too much to ask that we at least get behind them and the team for a while and see how it pans out?

or is it the case that some people's emnity for some of the individuals on the board is greater than their love of Hibs?

If that is the case, as it seems for some, then IMO they are doing themselves or more importantly Hibs no favours and should just get out of the way as they will always be a drag against what most of us want.

I think many have been doing that for long enough, RP and co have had plenty of time to have the team stable and running well, I have or had already reached my tolerance of it all, maybe they will go on to do well maybe its more the same, I am looking for change asap, some people will think it is ok but they will have a tolerence too. I do not want any more seasons wasted with dreadfull decision making like we have seen, and I have seen nothing to suggest they should continue on.