PDA

View Full Version : Yams "I haven't lost my interest in the club but I have for football."

Hibbyradge
07-11-2011, 05:02 PM
Some awesome nonsense from the mad one again. I've highlighted some of the gems, but it all reads well! :rolleyes:

Hearts has received assurances from the major shareholder that he will continue to support the club with all outstanding player salaries having been paid into players' accounts last week.

Mr Romanov has confirmed to club officials that he will stand by the club and continue to support it to the extent it remains reasonable as he continues to fight against what he and an increasing number of club supporters and associates are seeing as an orchestrated campaign against him personally and, by association, the club.

The position of the shareholder in relation to the football in Scotland, in which he has invested more than any other individual in the last six years, is unsatisfactory. Hearts must therefore prepare to reduce investment in the playing squad to match the income in the coming season and turn to the Academy for its new additions while also improving revenue streams, including working on a new stadium in order to achieve this as soon as possible.

It is important to stress that Hearts at the moment is strongly dependant on the funding from the major shareholder and the attempts of the media to undermine the position of the club and Mr Romanov pose a direct threat to the immediate future of the club.

Hearts also strongly denies any suggestion in the media about a 'fire sale' of players.

A club spokesperson said: "The club has some of the best players in the country and no player will be transferred for a penny less than their true value. Hearts will address squad efficiency over the coming months as a normal course of business. We will continue to pursue our policy of focusing on youth development and it is likely that Hearts supporters will have an opportunity in the forthcoming season to also see some of the best young players in the country competing for a place in Hearts first team."

Mr Romanov remains adamant however that, despite its weight, he will not be defeated by such a system and continues to share the supporters' desire to make Hearts a successful club despite such a degenerative environment.

Speaking exclusively to Hearts supporters through Hearts News this afternoon, Mr Romanov stated: "For seven years I keep hoping that in the country that is the cradle of football they will start respecting the game and stop taking the mickey out of the game itself and the people who are trying to fight for it, but it's like asking the mafia for remorse.

"There is only one solution left - to turn our attention to the products of our football academy in the hope that this situation will at some point and somehow improve by itself. Finally, the powers that be have begun discussing a new stadium - it seems like the politicians have developed some sort of responsibility to their own citizens, or maybe their human side has been awoken.

"And still Shakespeare's question lingers on - to be or not to be - for football to change, or will it keep on developing as a show under the media blanket and we are finally overtaken by Lithuania and Gabon.

"I haven't lost my interest in the club but I have for football. By the law of the 'free world' it is not enough to do good deeds - you have to also pay to advertise them in the press and then it's possible to carry out crimes without any consequences.

"The problem is that I refuse to pay the monkeys for the advertisement as someone has to resist their domination in sport and in culture, the economy and history. That's why I now have to consider finding a partner or selling the club.

"Perhaps I should make my first offer to Mr Murdoch for his merits."

Mixu62
07-11-2011, 07:08 PM
:faf:

grunt
07-11-2011, 07:20 PM
It is important to stress that Hearts at the moment is strongly dependant on the funding from the major shareholder...I particularly liked this half sentence. "At the moment" - as if it's just a temporary problem and very very soon they will be in the financial pink again. It is a fact that they have been financially dependent (with an "e") on the majority shareholder for the last six tears, and they have no hope in hell of trading their way out of the current mire in the future.

Andy74
07-11-2011, 08:06 PM
Oh well. Game over pretending to be a big club. Normal wages in line with turnover and possibly some proper competition for players and third place. Once we get ourselves sorted we might be in that fight!

greenginger
07-11-2011, 08:12 PM
Read in one of the rags this morning Vlad was more interested in his basketball club, Kaunus Zalgris ,

Log on to the basketball clubs web site and see the fantastic Green and White strips they wear and their crowd going mental with green flags everywhere.

He must think he is back at Easter Road when we had a team ! :flag::flag::flag: