PDA

View Full Version : Calderwood (NOT) on Talksport at 11.15

Chibs
07-11-2011, 09:37 AM
According to sickbag.

There is a link but unfortunatley I cannot post it as i am too dumb and old to work computers :confused:

YehButNoBut
07-11-2011, 09:38 AM
http://www.talksport.co.uk/radioplayer/live/

:thumbsup:

lapsedhibee
07-11-2011, 09:40 AM
Will he confess on air that he's been working his ticket since the summer? :dunno:

iwasthere1972
07-11-2011, 09:40 AM
According to sickbag.

There is a link but unfortunatley I cannot post it as i am too dumb and old to work computers :confused:

Thanks einstein. Any relation to Agogo?

Speedway
07-11-2011, 09:52 AM
Interviewer: We're expecting Colin Calderwood to join us on the phone any minute now, Colin, are you there?

CC: *Singing quietly* The sun has got his hat on, Hiphiphip Hooray, the boy has got his compo and the hibbies are all gay..

Int: COLIN?

CC: Oh, HELLO, how are ye doing big man?

Int: It's Sandra Bernhardt here..

CC: Aye that's whit a said.

Int: Colin, I imagine you're reeling from the events of the last 24 hours?

CC: Reelin'? I'm free wheelin'!!. Couldn't believe it took that long to get oot o'that ****hole. 23 months of severence to go with it. Whoo, with a capital, Hoo.

Int: I see, do you feel bad that it didn't work out at Hibs?

CC: nope.

Int: Ok, well, will you now be taking some time to reflect on your time at ER, weigh up your options and decide where your future lies?

CC: Will ah ****. Ah'm aff tae the Brum to join ma pal Chris. He's been trying to bust me oot o'****** road since he got the job likes.

Int: Chris Hughton will be appointing you his number two at Birmingham you say.

CC: Aye, a manager who actually gets the assistant he wanted, imagine that. Got to go, this face doesnae tan itself.

Interview ends...

Hibbyradge
07-11-2011, 09:56 AM
Interviewer: We're expecting Colin Calderwood to join us on the phone any minute now, Colin, are you there?

CC: *Singing quietly* The sun has got his hat on, Hiphiphip Hooray, the boy has got his compo and the hibbies are all gay..

CC: Reelin'? I'm free wheelin'!!. Couldn't believe it took that long to get oot o'that ****hole. 23 months of severence to go with it. Whoo, with a capital, Hoo.

Int: Ok, well, will you now be taking some time to reflect on your time at ER, weigh up your options and decide where your future lies?

CC: Will ah ****. Ah'm aff tae the Brum to join ma pal Chris. He's been trying to bust me oot o'****** road since he got the job likes.

CC: Aye, a manager who actually gets the assistant he wanted, imagine that. Got to go, this face doesnae tan itself.

Interview ends...

Belter, speedo old chum!

This face doesnae tan itself! :faf: :top marks

s.a.m
07-11-2011, 10:04 AM

Interview ends...

:thumbsup:

Funny - yet probably a shocking acccurate reflection of his current state of mind!

flash
07-11-2011, 10:04 AM
That was far too witty and articulate to sound even remotely genuine.
I expect my radio to bleed whenever CC starts one of his rambling monologues.

Mikey
07-11-2011, 10:06 AM
Interview cancelled by the lawyers!

lapsedhibee
07-11-2011, 10:06 AM
Gagged!

Rosevillehibby
07-11-2011, 10:07 AM
interview off, apparently lawyers have got involved .......

TrickyNicky
07-11-2011, 10:07 AM

Interview ends...

:top marks

I think he'll be a completely different man in the interview, It will be like " Stars in your eyes "

" Tonight Mathew ah'm goannae be the lollipop man fae Chitty Chitty Banng Bang " !!

hibee92
07-11-2011, 10:08 AM

Interview ends...

:faf::top marks

Delboy4
07-11-2011, 10:08 AM
Petrie's BLOCKED CC from talking out...! :confused:

Beefster
07-11-2011, 10:09 AM
Another ex-manager who won't be allowed to give us an accurate picture of what goes on at ER. Bravo Rodders.

Elephant Stone
07-11-2011, 10:10 AM
Whose lawyers?

TrickyNicky
07-11-2011, 10:10 AM
interview off, apparently lawyers have got involved .......

Aye, sure they did, he deposited the upfront cash fir it usin phonebankin, then turned his phone tae voicemail - the guy thought he was actually oan the other end fir 15 minutes !

J-C
07-11-2011, 10:11 AM
No matter who's lawyers, his win rate of 24% was the reason for his departure, what could he say to defend that.

TrickyNicky
07-11-2011, 10:12 AM
Another ex-manager who won't be allowed to give us an accurate picture of what goes on at ER. Bravo Rodders.

Well, they want to have their photo taken whilst ****gin a donkey in Rod's office, only thumsels tae blame !!!

Speedway
07-11-2011, 10:12 AM

Rather Vlad-ish wouldn't you say?

Elephant Stone
07-11-2011, 10:14 AM

How do you know it was Petrie?

Beefster
07-11-2011, 10:16 AM
How do you know it was Petrie?

It was obviously the club, unless you can think of anyone else's lawyers that would stop Calderwood giving an interview about getting binned by Hibs.

Chibs
07-11-2011, 10:16 AM
I can only assume it must be Petries lawyers that have stopped this interview. Why?

Danderhall Hibs
07-11-2011, 10:19 AM
Rather Vlad-ish wouldn't you say?

It is indeed. As is the number of managers we go through. We used to laugh at Hearts for sacking manager after manager – we’re not any better.

Elephant Stone
07-11-2011, 10:19 AM
It was obviously the club, unless you can think of anyone else's lawyers that would stop Calderwood giving an interview about getting binned by Hibs.

His own? He could easily say something that would prejudice any claim he wants to make against Hibs, very easily.

Chuck Rhoades
07-11-2011, 10:20 AM
Embarrasment our managers havent been allowed to speak out.

matty_f
07-11-2011, 10:31 AM
Embarrasment our managers havent been allowed to speak out.

What if it was CC's own lawyer that's advised him not to talk about it?

Chibs
07-11-2011, 11:30 AM
His own lawyers instructing him hot to speak to talksport ten minutes before broadcast mmm I suppose thats possible but I would think he would have talked to his lawyer after being dismssed and any interview
with the press would be ok.

I am not backing cc as I was as happy as when I heard he had gone but something stinks here.

everything will come out eventually and the truth will be told.

As you will have now realised I am one of these mad conspiracy theorists but hey ho back to the wine
and dream of the slow lingering demise of that bunch of crap from gorgie.

GGTTH

Andy74
07-11-2011, 11:35 AM
Perhaps he hadn't read the detail that accompanied the agreement about him still get paid for being crap at his job.

Essentially he will still be on the payroll so Hibs entitled to not have a current employee publically airing grievances.

Peevemor
07-11-2011, 11:39 AM
His own lawyers instructing him hot to speak to talksport ten minutes before broadcast mmm I suppose thats possible but I would think he would have talked to his lawyer after being dismssed and any interview
with the press would be ok.

I am not backing cc as I was as happy as when I heard he had gone but something stinks here.

everything will come out eventually and the truth will be told.

As you will have now realised I am one of these mad conspiracy theorists but hey ho back to the wine
and dream of the slow lingering demise of that bunch of crap from gorgie.

GGTTH

Except it was a Sunday. It's possible that CC was contacted for the interview yesterday, but he only ran it by his lawyer this morning.

IWasThere2016
07-11-2011, 11:40 AM
Perhaps he hadn't read the detail that accompanied the agreement about him still get paid for being crap at his job.Essentially he will still be on the payroll so Hibs entitled to not have a current employee publically airing grievances.

That hasn't stopped A N Other :cool2: :wink:

Andy74
07-11-2011, 11:44 AM
That hasn't stopped A N Other :cool2: :wink:

Give it a year, and maybe an attack in a bizarre statement from RP and we will see! :greengrin

Hibercelona
07-11-2011, 11:51 AM

Interview ends...

Brilliant!

He musn't have seen any point going through with it after you kindly posted it for us on here. :greengrin

IWasThere2016
07-11-2011, 11:55 AM
Give it a year, and maybe an attack in a bizarre statement from RPand we will see! :greengrin

Have you read the accounts? There's a few in there ..

Only statement we need from Rodders is "I'm off"

silverhibee
07-11-2011, 12:04 PM
Perhaps he hadn't read the detail that accompanied the agreement about him still get paid for being crap at his job.

Essentially he will still be on the payroll so Hibs entitled to not have a current employee publically airing grievances.

So when Hibs hire the new man, Hibs will be paying three managers. :rolleyes:

Andy74
07-11-2011, 12:07 PM
So when Hibs hire the new man, Hibs will be paying three managers. :rolleyes:

Yes, probably.

silverhibee
07-11-2011, 12:29 PM
Yes, probably.

Is that normal in the football buisness, and if they find another job do Hibs stop paying them. :aok:

hibiedude
07-11-2011, 12:34 PM
Is that normal in the football buisness, and if they find another job do Hibs stop paying them. :aok:

lets see if Birmingham City boss Chris Hughton intends to continue his pursuit of Colin Calderwood

Andy74
07-11-2011, 12:44 PM

I'd say it is and it's also normal to have some limitation that means the payments stop if they receive employment elsewhere.

I've often thoguh this is one of the reasons why some managers are quite happy not to take the step back down the ladder for a wee while. Why would they do themseleves out of a bigger wage until they have to?

Same happens with players geting contracts cancelled too.

stokesmessiah
07-11-2011, 12:46 PM

My understanding was this was only applicable in the "mutual consent" cases?

I think he was sacked and will have got a one off compo agreement but would no longer carry on being on the payroll.

WhileTheChief..
07-11-2011, 12:48 PM
It was Talksports' lawyers that cancelled it, not Hibs'.

Andy Gray and Richard Keys talked about not sure why they did it as there wasn't anything confrontational that they were going to ask CC. They then interviewed Steve Cowan instead and had a brief talk about Hibs.

Andy74
07-11-2011, 12:52 PM
My understanding was this was only applicable in the "mutual consent" cases?

I think he was sacked and will have got a one off compo agreement but would no longer carry on being on the payroll.

There's really no difference in the terms. You may occassionally get a manager who might accept less if there is a discussion but unless you are being sacked for some breach of your contract or a disciplinary matter you are due what you would have received under the contract.

It's really only an accounting matter if that's a lump sum or carry on getting paid but it's easier to implement a cut off for a new job being taken if it is ongoing payments.

One of the accounting or tax people might be able to comment!

You do hear of some reasonable people that walk away and agree that the contract is just ripped up but not often.

lapsedhibee
07-11-2011, 01:03 PM
You do hear of some reasonable people that walk away and agree that the contract is just ripped up but not often.

Gordon Strachan springs to mind. :wink:

Caversham Green
07-11-2011, 01:33 PM
There's really no difference in the terms. You may occassionally get a manager who might accept less if there is a discussion but unless you are being sacked for some breach of your contract or a disciplinary matter you are due what you would have received under the contract.

It's really only an accounting matter if that's a lump sum or carry on getting paid but it's easier to implement a cut off for a new job being taken if it is ongoing payments.

One of the accounting or tax people might be able to comment!

Something to remember is that compensation is paid for loss of income, so where the manager is taken off the payroll the amount payable would be his salary to the end of his contract net of tax and NI, probably payable as a lump sum. If he is kept on the payroll, the club would continue to pay his gross salary plus employer's NI. On the other hand if he gets another job during the term of his contract the payroll payments cease, but a lump sum payment would not be refundable. Given that CC was in demand four short months ago it seems likely that he will get another job fairly easily, so keeping him on the payroll would seem like the best idea. With hindsight, the best treatment for Yogi might have been a lump sum since he's still out of work one year on.

My guess on the relevant treatments is:

Manager resigns: (JC) No payment due

Mutual consent: (Mixu) A negotiated lump sum, less than the balance of the contract on the basis that the club no longer want the manager, but the manager no longer wants to work for the club either

Sacked (Yogi and CC) Either a lump sum equal to the balance of his contract (net of tax and NI) or continuing to pay his wages until he finds alternative employment. This might be negotiable downwards depending on the manager's attitude.

I would stress that I don't know this to be the case but it's my best guess based on what I do know about employment law in general.

DH1875
07-11-2011, 04:02 PM
Not gonna happen but does that mean Rod could phone Yogi in the morning and tell him to get his **** into ER tomorrow as were still paying his wages :confused:.

Beefster
07-11-2011, 04:43 PM
Something to remember is that compensation is paid for loss of income, so where the manager is taken off the payroll the amount payable would be his salary to the end of his contract net of tax and NI, probably payable as a lump sum. If he is kept on the payroll, the club would continue to pay his gross salary plus employer's NI. On the other hand if he gets another job during the term of his contract the payroll payments cease, but a lump sum payment would not be refundable. Given that CC was in demand four short months ago it seems likely that he will get another job fairly easily, so keeping him on the payroll would seem like the best idea. With hindsight, the best treatment for Yogi might have been a lump sum since he's still out of work one year on.

My guess on the relevant treatments is:

Manager resigns: (JC) No payment due

Mutual consent: (Mixu) A negotiated lump sum, less than the balance of the contract on the basis that the club no longer want the manager, but the manager no longer wants to work for the club either

Sacked (Yogi and CC) Either a lump sum equal to the balance of his contract (net of tax and NI) or continuing to pay his wages until he finds alternative employment. This might be negotiable downwards depending on the manager's attitude.

I would stress that I don't know this to be the case but it's my best guess based on what I do know about employment law in general.

Hughes was 'mutually consented' but is still on the payroll apparently. I'm sure that you're right with the various options though.