PDA

View Full Version : Pick Your New Hibernian Manager

Speedway
07-11-2011, 09:55 AM
Roll up and choose your favourite for the ER hotseat who in truth, is going to make precisely no difference whatsoever...

Time for the Clarke/Stark dream ticket.

Speedway
07-11-2011, 12:10 PM
I've decided on the backroom team I want.

Manager - Jean Tigana
Assistant - Didier Deschamps
1st Team Coach - Franck Sauzee
Fitness Coach - Roger Proper
Head of Teckle - Jocky Scott

Elephant Stone
07-11-2011, 12:13 PM
Roll up and choose your favourite for the ER hotseat who in truth, is going to make precisely no difference whatsoever...

Time for the Clarke/Stark dream ticket.

:faf:

bawheid
07-11-2011, 12:15 PM
I've decided on the backroom team I want.

Manager - Jean Tigana
Assistant - Didier Deschamps
1st Team Coach - Franck Sauzee
Fitness Coach - Roger Proper
Head of Teckle - Jocky Scott

I'd take that right now!

BT58
07-11-2011, 12:17 PM
Derek adams.... Former no2,,, groomed to be CCs successor

hibiedude
07-11-2011, 12:19 PM
I went for Marydoll

With the head of Entertainment being her husband Rab :greengrin

proud_and_green
07-11-2011, 12:30 PM

Do you think he would come back after his time here?

Future17
07-11-2011, 02:09 PM
I liked your freudian slip:

Jumbo 'We've Lost All Our Pride By Consdiering You' Jeffries

pentlando
07-11-2011, 02:29 PM

After events over at Tynecastle, i'll have no grooming going on at ER:aok:

NOLA
07-11-2011, 02:30 PM
Cherie Lunghi :greengrin

southern hibby
07-11-2011, 02:47 PM
ALAN CURBISHLEY for me. But the board will not have the Backbone to sanction it. Wages and kitty will be the stumbling block.GGTTH

nickwhibs
07-11-2011, 03:16 PM
Terry Butcher?

pentlando
07-11-2011, 03:22 PM
ALAN CURBISHLEY for me. But the board will not have the Backbone to sanction it. Wages and kitty will be the stumbling block.GGTTH

There's a difference between not having the backbone to appoint someone, and not having a) the wages to offer the candidate and b) the budget he wants.

ekhibee
07-11-2011, 07:43 PM
I voted for Shteve, nothing like a new face to brighten up the doom and gloomers!!

SteveHFC
07-11-2011, 07:45 PM
John Collins

NYHibby
07-11-2011, 07:47 PM
After events over at Tynecastle, i'll have no grooming going on at ER:aok: Guess you don't want Jerry Sandusky then.

Disc O'Dave
07-11-2011, 07:50 PM
I voted for Shteve, nothing like a new face to brighten up the doom and gloomers!!

Me too....

Just to hear him trying to do an interview in a Leith accent.....

Hakim Sar
07-11-2011, 07:54 PM
Ronnie Barkey for real shamone

The_Todd
07-11-2011, 08:03 PM
We all know 'Arry Redknapp's heart op was just a ruse.

Makaveli
07-11-2011, 08:05 PM
Picked O'Neill because I know JC is impossible.

mca
07-11-2011, 08:11 PM
Going to say this as i put my coat on, Why No go down this modern route and just have a telly contest for the manager !!

We could put all candidates against each other - Krypton factor or even bloody x factor style would do.. The Best Wins a job for a couple of months !!

ok - but it would have been nice to see hibs oan the telly - one way or another ...

Jones28
07-11-2011, 08:24 PM

No, left Hibs hanging when he left last time, now looking likely for promotion with Ross County so could probably do better with them than he could with Hibs

FifeeHibee
07-11-2011, 08:28 PM
:jamboclow:jamboclow Billy Brown will get first chance. He's the cheap option so is a stick on choice if The Tache survives, BUT Shaba Goszlo (WTF was he doing there on Saturday?) is ready to come in and grind out some unmerited 1-0 wins for us, before being rifled for turning us into a bigger pile of poo than Calderwood did. Or Jumbo? :wtf: Noooooooooooooooo!! Please no, though some Hibbies would seem to welcome Jamboesque grinding, maiming, cheating, kicking and diving to get us back on track.

:notworthy: O'Neill or Collins (highly unlikely) please. AND a couple of decent (NOT CHEAP) new players! Too much to ask for? Probably!

Disco Dave
07-11-2011, 08:30 PM
Get rid of Rod, then get Collins back in with Yogi as his assistant.

FifeeHibee
07-11-2011, 08:59 PM
Get rid of Rod, then get Collins back in with Yogi as his assistant.

Get rid of Rod:agree:
Get Collins back in:agree:
Get Yogi as his assistant:shocked:

sixtwo
07-11-2011, 09:22 PM
Michael O'neill is the obvious choice as he is an ex player lookin to progress his career in management. He'll also be within budget. That said, I think Billy Davies could be great here. He has more experience than both old firm managers and I believe he could turn us into a very decent team

MotherSuperior
07-11-2011, 09:35 PM
I've been wanting Strachan involved with hibs ever since i saw him play for us (and score possibly) in a testimonial match (Hunter's i think) years ago. He was a a great professional, disciplined to stay largely tea total throughout his playing days, which helped him play at a really high level til he was 40. Maybe a few of our players could learn a wee bit from him. Managed at the top level, and would raise the profile of the club.

Jamesie
07-11-2011, 09:50 PM
Ian Murray? He has his badges I believe...

MotherSuperior
07-11-2011, 09:58 PM
Murray is way too quiet on the pitch for my liking, and i think this current crop of players could be doing with the hairdryer treatment, and i don't think Ian is that type of guy.

Hibbyradge
07-11-2011, 11:43 PM
I hear that Michael O'Neill was ruled out last time cos he was on a huge salary at Shamrock Rovers. :dunno:

huggie1875
08-11-2011, 01:41 AM
new at the time we should have went with stevie clark but
i fear that ship has long sailed

HiBremian
08-11-2011, 09:13 AM
I'd be looking for a manager with the ability to get the best out of the kind of players currently on our books - with a bit of the hairdryer treatment, getting players to actually play at their peak. That suggests MON. But I think we also need someone with the ambition to stay with the club for longer than it takes for the next EPL club to come knocking. That's a different kind of ambition, one that says "I'm gonna show what can be done by a good manager who doesn't just buy success". Someone who buys into a plan to raise the quality of the fitbae on show, to raise the gates to a level that starts to fill the new stadium. Someone driven by something beyond money. No idea if there're anyone out there that fits the bill, but I guess given his history WGS might now be inclined to think that way.

Delboy4
08-11-2011, 12:42 PM
Get Petrie out and bring in...

John Collins with Frank Sauzee as his asst manager.

Our team would be FIT and PLAYING FOOTBALL again!

Big Frank could use his french connection to bring in players.

What a thought.:thumbsup:

Then you look at the betting -
Billy Reid - No thanks.
Jimmy Calderwood - F Off
Mark McGhee - Don't let him near our club
John Hartson - Christ no!
JJ - Would it work?
Billy Davies - He'll fall out with everybody
Paul Sturrock - How Ill is the man?
Gordon Strachan - Yes, only if Petrie goes as I don't think they could work together!
Michael O'neil - Yes, How long does the fans give him as he is young and needs time in my opinion!

Anyway, onwards & upwards.

GGTTH

:flag:

CalgaryHibs
08-11-2011, 12:55 PM
I'd take that right now!

Ditto!!

bournehibby
08-11-2011, 02:24 PM
Sean O'Driscoll would be ideal. Did amazingly well at Bournemouth (playing sweet football) and again at Doncaster Rovers (again playing sweet football). Has certainly got experience at a decent level, and his package probably wouldn't scare the tache.

bh

McKenzie
08-11-2011, 03:45 PM
Gianfranco Zola and Steve Clarke - what a duo, great connections down south as well

At The Edge
08-11-2011, 03:54 PM
Sean O'Driscoll would be ideal. Did amazingly well at Bournemouth (playing sweet football) and again at Doncaster Rovers (again playing sweet football). Has certainly got experience at a decent level, and his package probably wouldn't scare the tache.

bh

:tee hee:

ooh matron! :greengrin

frazeHFC
08-11-2011, 04:57 PM
I am bewildered at the amount of people who want Collins back.

Makaveli
08-11-2011, 05:26 PM
I am bewildered at the amount of people who want Collins back.

There's something about winning trophies I quite like, can't really explain it. :confused:

The cup win can't be dismissed as "with Mowbray's team" either - TM tried and failed with "his" team, which was IMO stronger (Murray, Thomson, Riordan, O'Connor) than the 2007 side. Collins had them looking fit and hungry. He had guys like Stevenson and McCann looking like future stars. He brought out the talents of Benji and Fletch better than Mowbray had or Mixu would. People seem to forget all of this. On a good day his side played with more style than Mowbray's ever did (see 1-6 at Fir Park) and even on bad days we never capitulated like we so often did under TM (see Tynecastle too many times to mention, SC semis at Hampen 2005 + of course 2006). He's our best manager in years and objectively speaking he was as successful as anyone since Turnbull.

Why would you be bewildered people would take him back given how gash we are?

His signings? Fair enough they were generally poor and a couple were awful but nobody really knows the details of his budget, all that's certain is that he wasn't properly backed with the money his transfer sales brought in. Some of Craig's advice evidently wasn't the best... Alan O'Brien anyone... and IMO JC's biggest mistake was listening to it. Petrie telling him we didn't need to replace our best left back in 30 years because Hanlon was breaking through hardly helped the cause.

frazeHFC
08-11-2011, 05:47 PM
Bar the cup win i am pretty sure that it was abysmal like the rest of the managers of late. If you think Collins will come in and win trophies then fair enough, but i sure as hell don't.

NOLA
08-11-2011, 05:47 PM
John Sitton - definatley capable of the hairdryer treatment :greengrin

nortonhibby
08-11-2011, 05:51 PM
Terry Butcher?

Compo reqiured so it wont happen, more like BB To be in chatrfe till end of season.

GreenCastle
08-11-2011, 05:51 PM
Where is Jim Gannon....

alfieboi75
08-11-2011, 05:55 PM
Darren Ferguson.....now there is a name that could be ideal for the job......he comes with experience, knowledge and contacts plus shrewd deals in the past which always appeals to a chairperson.....

Realistically.....I don't think Hibs shall be in a hurry....they are going to give BB a opportunity to prove his worth, who I think will be trying his hardest, and hopefully it will all work out....I do hope BB shall revamp the coaching staff....and there is a new chairperson in place to work with.....

I'm actually looking forward to the 19th November, and I hope the game shall be well worth attending....

P.S - Its time for BB Green White army now......:aok:

Franck Stanton
08-11-2011, 06:11 PM

bh

Good shout mate, if we dont want/cant get Michael O'Neil then O'Driscoll would be equally as good an appointment. If only the Board see sense and do the right thing.
If we, as fans, can see who/what is needed, surely they can get something right [for once].

Monkey Harris
08-11-2011, 06:13 PM
There's something about winning trophies I quite like, can't really explain it. :confused:The cup win can't be dismissed as "with Mowbray's team" either - TM tried and failed with "his" team, which was IMO stronger (Murray, Thomson, Riordan, O'Connor) than the 2007 side. Collins had them looking fit and hungry. He had guys like Stevenson and McCann looking like future stars. He brought out the talents of Benji and Fletch better than Mowbray had or Mixu would. People seem to forget all of this. On a good day his side played with more style than Mowbray's ever did (see 1-6 at Fir Park) and even on bad days we never capitulated like we so often did under TM (see Tynecastle too many times to mention, SC semis at Hampen 2005 + of course 2006). He's our best manager in years and objectively speaking he was as successful as anyone since Turnbull.Why would you be bewildered people would take him back given how gash we are?His signings? Fair enough they were generally poor and a couple were awful but nobody really knows the details of his budget, all that's certain is that he wasn't properly backed with the money his transfer sales brought in. Some of Craig's advice evidently wasn't the best... Alan O'Brien anyone... and IMO JC's biggest mistake was listening to it. Petrie telling him we didn't need to replace our best left back in 30 years because Hanlon was breaking through hardly helped the cause.Collins win loss record was no where near as good as Mowbray. His signings were piss poor. Yes he won a cup with Mowbray's team. But unlike Mowbray who took over a poor team from Blobby. Collins took over a good side and left a poorer side behind. Collins couldnae manage players, those lack of people skill are his biggest failing.

The_Todd
08-11-2011, 06:14 PM
Darren Ferguson.....now there is a name that could be ideal for the job......he comes with experience, knowledge and contacts plus shrewd deals in the past which always appeals to a chairperson.....

Realistically.....I don't think Hibs shall be in a hurry....they are going to give BB a opportunity to prove his worth, who I think will be trying his hardest, and hopefully it will all work out....I do hope BB shall revamp the coaching staff....and there is a new chairperson in place to work with.....

I'm actually looking forward to the 19th November, and I hope the game shall be well worth attending....

I hope they are in a hurry. We're 1 point off the bottom, now isn't the time for dithering.

LincolnshireHib
08-11-2011, 06:49 PM
Billy Dodds and his partner up at Dundee from the 10/11 season, are they not available? Or could they not be poached? They did a great job under mitigating circumstances to say the least and have the experience of nuturing young talent (Leigh Griffiths) through to first team level as well.

Sorry if I missed something, was just surprised it hadn't already been suggested.

O'Driscoll is a good shout - he did play great football at Donny and it still baffles me as to why they sacked him - it's not as if they were chucking money at him over the border in Yorkshire.

I agree that Billy Davies would fall out with everyone but I think he has his heart set on taking a team back up to the Premeirship and having another stab at that after his bad luck with Derby County.

LincolnshireHib
08-11-2011, 06:50 PM
Where is Jim Gannon....

Stockport have just sacked Hamman. Gannon is a big favourite over in Cheshire after his previous spell there - wouldn't be surprised to see him going back in that direction.

LincolnshireHib
08-11-2011, 06:53 PM

I can't see Fergie Jnr leaving Peterborough. They have a pretty ambitious chairman and they are (in relative terms) flying high in the Championship this season. Plus, there were over 12,000 at Peterborough the other week, that's more than you can expect to see at Easter Road in recent months!

frazeHFC
08-11-2011, 06:55 PM
Absolutely no chance of Darren Ferguson.

snooky
08-11-2011, 06:58 PM
The top 3 in the poll should be eliminated by the board given that we the fans endorsed and kinda picked Franck, JC, Yogi, Mixu, etc.
Whoever they pick, let's hope he/she (:wink:) can shake our club out of the doldrums of the last two years.
GGTTH

Makaveli
08-11-2011, 07:16 PM
Collins win loss record was no where near as good as Mowbray. His signings were piss poor. Yes he won a cup with Mowbray's team. But unlike Mowbray who took over a poor team from Blobby. Collins took over a good side and left a poorer side behind. Collins couldnae manage players, those lack of people skill are his biggest failing.

Along with the £10m+ we got for it.

In your world, where transfer money seems to be irrelevant, is Mancini a genius for strengthening City's squad?

frazeHFC
08-11-2011, 07:20 PM
Along with the £10m+ we got for it.

In your world, where transfer money seems to be irrelevant, is Mancini a genius for strengthening City's squad?

He has signed the right players and they are playing great, so he deserves credit, but with so much money it has been significantly easier! :wink: