PDA

View Full Version : Whoever the new man is.

blackpoolhibs
07-11-2011, 08:17 AM
Has a terrible squad, much worse than the squad calderclown took over. He has a huge job trying to get this lot safe from relegation. Petrie, this is what you call a shambles, and you along with the clown you appointed are responsible.

Do the right thing and walk away tomorrow night.

This is a *** unworkable legacy.

Elephant Stone
07-11-2011, 08:23 AM
No way is the squad much worse than when Calderwood took over, it might be performing just as bad but if you compare who's gone and who's come in no way is it a much worse squad. Miller and Riordan were the only concerning departures but they weren't even playing well, give me O'Connor and Griffiths over them any day of the week.

bingo70
07-11-2011, 08:24 AM
I hope we don't give the manager any funds to improve the squad, whoever comes in, their remit should be to work with the squad we've got and get them organised, fit, motivated and improve the culture at the club, these managers having to go out and buy 5-6 players every window is a cop out.

PeterboroHibee
07-11-2011, 08:26 AM
Has a terrible squad, much worse than the squad calderclown took over. He has a huge job trying to get this lot safe from relegation. Petrie, this is what you call a shambles, and you along with the clown you appointed are responsible.

I dont think our squad is that bad. We have a very good keeper and when on form (which admitedly they havent been recently), a brilliant strike force. We have good enough players in midfield as well imo, just dont think Calderwood used them properly, and apart from Stevenson the other day, they really seemed to struggle with the concept of sitting and helping out the back 4. The defence is the main concern and we are very short in numbers, especially at CB. The new manager needs to try and build from the back, to try and make us harder to beat as a leaky defence is costing us every single week.

Danderhall Hibs
07-11-2011, 08:29 AM

Disagree. The players this year are underperforming whereas last year they just weren't good enough.

Beefster
07-11-2011, 08:30 AM
I hope we don't give the manager any funds to improve the squad, whoever comes in, their remit should be to work with the squad we've got and get them organised, fit, motivated and improve the culture at the club, these managers having to go out and buy 5-6 players every window is a cop out.

That should be a part of any manager's job but you can't tie his hands by withholding available funds.

I don't understand those that think the squad is good enough. If they were good enough, we wouldn't be a point from bottom. If they were good enough but just not performing, they should be binned anyway.

Danderhall Hibs
07-11-2011, 08:39 AM
That should be a part of any manager's job but you can't tie his hands by withholding available funds.

I don't understand those that think the squad is good enough. If they were good enough, we wouldn't be a point from bottom. If they were good enough but just not performing, they should be binned anyway.

Agree to an extent but hopefully the new manager can do what Calderwood and to an extent Billy Brown didn't manage to do and motivate them.

hibiedude
07-11-2011, 08:40 AM
The New Manager will have his own ideas about the players he needs- he would have seen guys he's worked with or seen.

I remember players like Rob Jones, Sol Bamba, and David Murphy coming to the club and think what the *** but they turned out to be good professionals.

You can’t tie the new managers hands and say that’s it here’s your team.

The Sea-gull
07-11-2011, 08:42 AM
Granted we are not in the best of states but i don't think it is anything that cannot be sorted with the right man in charge.

We have decent keepers in Stack and Brown (ironically the best we have had for years when other areas of the team are the weakest in years) and decent options going forward through the middle in G O'C, Griffiths, even Agogo and Sodje are ok as back up/alternatives. Sproule, Wotherspoon, Booth and Galbraith offer good options in the wide areas.

We badly require at least one centre half and one or even two full backs.

In midfield, we need a bit of creativity and a bit of bite. Probably could do with two or three new players in the middle.

If possible, the new man has to come in steady the ship, build a bit of confidence and then hopefully if he can move a few on and bring in a couple of quality defenders and midfielders in January things might start to pick up.

IWasThere2016
07-11-2011, 08:51 AM

I think the squad is a good bit better .. but Petrie HAS to go :bye: