PDA

View Full Version : Jim Jeffries poll

Sweep
07-11-2011, 01:24 AM
Simple yes or no

Sean1875
07-11-2011, 01:46 AM
Wouldn't be happy with the appointment but would still support my team. Im a Hibernian FC fan and no fat jambo will ever stop me going along to support them.

Hermit Crab
07-11-2011, 02:07 AM
Yes I would still go. I go to watch Hibs not the manager in the dugout.

cabbageandribs1875
07-11-2011, 02:17 AM
14 votes cast, split down the middle 50% each way.........see how the mere suggestion of FJK even being near the home dugout at ER has split the fans :wink:

steakbake
07-11-2011, 06:03 AM
I don't know. It's a tricky one. Have to say if JJ gets the job, I'd think the board has lost the plot.

Darth Hibbie
07-11-2011, 06:09 AM
Wouldn't be happy with the appointment but would still support my team. Im a Hibernian FC fan and no fat jambo will ever stop me going along to support them.

:agree:

It would be a massive risk. If it worked then I am sure everybody would be happy. How long would he get though if things did not turn around straight away. not more than a few games would be my guess and the support would quickly turn on him.

calumb
07-11-2011, 06:11 AM
difficult one, in a lot of ways he is exactly what we need as he knows the game, he knows the spl and he would know instantly what needs to be done at Hibs BUT he is always going to be a fat jambo b so i would say no way.

Septimus
07-11-2011, 06:27 AM
Absolutely not. I admire him for being a Hearts diehard but the qualities required to be that have nothing to do with what we require at Easter Road.

hibiedude
07-11-2011, 06:48 AM
Simple yes or no

If Jim Jeffries got the job and started WINNING are some people really saying they still wouldn't go back to Easter Road.

How daft is that

flash
07-11-2011, 06:58 AM
It would be the final straw for me. How much humiliation can one set of fans be take?

calumb
07-11-2011, 07:09 AM
If Jim Jeffries got the job and started WINNING are some people really saying they still wouldn't go back to Easter Road.

How daft is that

I didnae really read the question, i thought it was just about jumbo becoming the manager not whether i would go back to
easter road if he did. so i would probably change my answer to yes

Booked4Being-Ugly
07-11-2011, 07:43 AM
If our ambition was JJ then no i wouldn't go back.

What's he ever won anyway - a penalty shootout against Gretna? :greengrin

hibiedude
07-11-2011, 07:49 AM

I'll give you a clue we have been trying to win it for over a 100 years and 98 he won it by beating Rangers :wink:

Barney McGrew
07-11-2011, 07:57 AM
I wouldn't be particularly pleased by it, but it wouldn't stop me going.

Hibbyradge
07-11-2011, 08:00 AM
I won't be at Easter Road if he's the manager.

AgentDaleCooper
07-11-2011, 08:01 AM
Simple yes or no

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3z-a5hy7QO8

happiehibbie
07-11-2011, 08:26 AM
Its about a profesional person doing a profestional job JJ is the best available at the moment

PeterboroHibee
07-11-2011, 08:29 AM
If JJ was appointed and was a success, Im sure those saying they wont be back would be sooner or later.

If he is appointed, all the fans need to get behind him as we are struggling, the manager and the team need all the support they can get.

Sexton
07-11-2011, 08:30 AM
i didn't read that right. I picked no, but I meant I wouldn't be happy but would still support the team.

Beefster
07-11-2011, 08:34 AM
I won't be at Easter Road if he's the manager.

I was under the impression from your previous comments that you don't go when he's not the manager either?

Hibbyradge
07-11-2011, 08:40 AM
If JJ was appointed and was a success, Im sure those saying they wont be back would be sooner or later.

If he is appointed, all the fans need to get behind him as we are struggling, the manager and the team need all the support they can get.

Well as sure as you are, you're wrong. I'm not finding it too taxing missing games at the moment and I most certainly wouldn't put my hand in my pocket to watch a Jefferies team at Easter Road.

Jeffereies is a Jambo, through and through.

He still hankers after revenge for the 0 - 7 game not to mention the 6 - 2.

It would be like appointing McCoist at Celtic or Lennon at Ibrox.

Ability has nothing to do with it. It's a matter of principle.

Hibbyradge
07-11-2011, 08:44 AM
I was under the impression from your previous comments that you don't go when he's not the manager either?

This is the first time that I haven't has a season ticket for 20 years.

I haven't ruled out the possibility of going back regularly if things at Hibs, and in the SPL generally, improve.

But I won't if Jeferries is there.

Green_one
07-11-2011, 08:44 AM
There must be other alternatives:confused:

For me the deciding factor is the 40% against. Many will be strongly opposed. You cannot function for long with that proportion of the fans dead against you.

Just not viable to have JJ.

ALF TUPPER
07-11-2011, 08:47 AM
Okay . So finally we appoint a manager who has been successful , an old head, knows the game, knows Scottish football. Might just be able to bring us the success we want. But some Hibbys dont want him because he is Jim Jeffries! Give me a break.
I dont care where he played, who he managed - if he can do a job for us lets have him in there. He can bring in Billy -B & Gary Locke too if he wants. If he turns that shambles into a successful team that'll do for me.
I've know doubt some Hibs.netters will be chokin on their honey nut loops reading this.
After reading some comments so far - how ironic would it be if he was appointed and steered us to winning the holy grail. I guess that would make him a legend!
Whatever happens i will still support the team i love. Glory Glory.

Phil D. Rolls
07-11-2011, 09:16 AM

It would be a massive risk. If it worked then I am sure everybody would be happy. How long would he get though if things did not turn around straight away. not more than a few games would be my guess and the support would quickly turn on him.

I think that's the heart of the matter. It's going to take time to get back on track, and any manager is going to find it hard to meet expectations. I think an experienced manager doesn't want the hassle that goes with building a team from nothing with no money to work on.

greenlex
07-11-2011, 09:23 AM

I haven't ruled out the possibility of going back regularly if things at Hibs, and in the SPL generally, improve.

I don't believe you.
4-0 up against Barcelona in the semi final of the champions league after the first leg in Spain. The only way to get a ticket for the final is to be at the second leg at ER. Your principals woud be out the window pronto. Just saying likes.:greengrin

Judas Iscariot
07-11-2011, 09:33 AM
if our ambition was jj then no i wouldn't go back.

What's he ever won anyway - a penalty shootout against gretna? :greengrin

fail

Riordans Boots
07-11-2011, 09:34 AM
No :Ummm:

iwasthere1972
07-11-2011, 09:44 AM
Wouldn't be over the moon if he was appointed (and was doing well) but would it stop me going to Easter Road? No way.

What's more important? Getting a manager that we all like or having a team on the pitch which can win games and get the feel good factor back to the club. The latter for me. It's the team I go to watch for 90 odd minutes not the manager.

YehButNoBut
07-11-2011, 09:47 AM
If George Graham can go to Spurs then JJ can turn up at ER. Having said that I voted no because there are better options out there e.g.

O'Neill
Strachan
Davies
Smith

PeterboroHibee
07-11-2011, 09:47 AM
Well as sure as you are, you're wrong. I'm not finding it too taxing missing games at the moment and I most certainly wouldn't put my hand in my pocket to watch a Jefferies team at Easter Road.

Jeffereies is a Jambo, through and through.

He still hankers after revenge for the 0 - 7 game not to mention the 6 - 2.

It would be like appointing McCoist at Celtic or Lennon at Ibrox.

Ability has nothing to do with it. It's a matter of principle.

What a lot of rubbish. Whilst hypothetical, as someone else has said, if JJ did get the job and was on the verge of leading us to either cup (especially the Scottish cup), you wouldnt go? Yeah, right...

You arent having problems missing games because we are so poor at the moment, if we start doing well again that would quickly change, and if it was with JJ as manager, his Hearts connections would quickly be forgotten.

Beefster
07-11-2011, 09:48 AM

Fair dos. If things don't improve, I'll be joining you in doing something else on a Saturday from next season. If things do improve and I start enjoying the football again, who was in charge wouldn't really be a consideration for me.

Hibbyradge
07-11-2011, 10:16 AM
What a lot of rubbish. Whilst hypothetical, as someone else has said, if JJ did get the job and was on the verge of leading us to either cup (especially the Scottish cup), you wouldnt go? Yeah, right...

You arent having problems missing games because we are so poor at the moment, if we start doing well again that would quickly change, and if it was with JJ as manager, his Hearts connections would quickly be forgotten.

Who are you to rubbish my principles?

You may not have any scruples and you can believe what you choose to, but I can assure you that I won't go back to Easter Road if they appoint Jumbo as manager. I regard him as an arch enemy, the worst kind of Jambo. I'm already uncomfortable with Billy Brown there and he's supposed to have been a Hibs supporter as a boy.

If Hibs got the the SC final, of course I'd be tempted to abandon my principles and become a glory hunter for the day, but that's how extreme it would have to be.

Anyway, to split hairs, as far as I know that game is usually played at Hampden.

Hibbyradge
07-11-2011, 10:19 AM
Okay . So finally we appoint a manager who has been successful , an old head, knows the game, knows Scottish football. Might just be able to bring us the success we want. But some Hibbys dont want him because he is Jim Jeffries! Give me a break.
I dont care where he played, who he managed - if he can do a job for us lets have him in there. He can bring in Billy -B & Gary Locke too if he wants. If he turns that shambles into a successful team that'll do for me.
I've know doubt some Hibs.netters will be chokin on their honey nut loops reading this.
After reading some comments so far - how ironic would it be if he was appointed and steered us to winning the holy grail. I guess that would make him a legend!
Whatever happens i will still support the team i love. Glory Glory.

That's exactly the same attitude that had the Yams defending the likes of Graeme Rix and Craig Thomson.

Where would you draw the line? Or wouldn't you?

Robinho08
07-11-2011, 10:19 AM
I would back Jefferies if he got the job.

PISTOL1875
07-11-2011, 10:21 AM
I would back Jefferies if he got the job.

Spot on Boab.. I would as well.. You see the post I put on your FB page ??? :wink:

ALF TUPPER
07-11-2011, 11:36 AM
[QUOTE=Hibbyradge;2975816]That's exactly the same attitude that had the Yams defending the likes of Graeme Rix and Craig Thomson.

Where would you draw the line? Or wouldn't you?[/

Do you read your postings before you submit them? Do you engage your brain before you write them?
What a crass sad pathetic and immature view you have. You think that my view on bringing JJ , and his backroom team can be compared to the yams trying to justify employing convicted sex offenders!
Away and have a lie down.
My view is MY VIEW. You should try to learn to read postings / viewpoints and respond ( if you really feel the need ) without being insulting.

francobaresi
07-11-2011, 12:03 PM
This thread is beginning to lose the plot. Some of the attitudes beggars belief and while I respect everyone's point of view some of you need to give yourself a shake as I'm assuming we are all adults...? Ok, most of us then...

To be fair, we are getting all Leeds about nothing, JJ won't be at ER so cool your jets people...

And for what it's worth, I would support him if he was manager...

Jamesie
07-11-2011, 12:21 PM
Before voting "No" in this poll, ask yourself whether you would have stopped going to Easter Road after Willie McCartney was appointed Hibs manager having been in charge at Tynecastle for sixteen years - a lot longer than Jim Jefferies. Bear in mind that McCartney was responsible for the seeds that grew to become the Famous Five. I'm not saying Jim Jefferies will do likewise, but a little perspective here please.

What I suspect may happen here is Jefferies takes the job til the end of the season, or at most an eighteen month contract. I understand the only reason he went back to Hearts was to supplement his pension and likewise I'd be surprised if, say, a three or four year deal was agreed with Hibs.

proud_and_green
07-11-2011, 12:26 PM
I would still go but that is not the same as do i want him as manager. If that was the question the answer would be NO!

allmodcons
07-11-2011, 12:30 PM
Aboslute no for me!
Has everybody forgotten the underhand manner in which he picked up the Hearts job (happened to be in the area!!).
Downright dishonest, sneaky and disrespectful. I have zero respect for JJ and anyway his managerial record is (at best) mediocre.

Jamesie
07-11-2011, 12:39 PM
Aboslute no for me!
Has everybody forgotten the underhand manner in which he picked up the Hearts job (happened to be in the area!!).
Downright dishonest, sneaky and disrespectful. I have zero respect for JJ and anyway his managerial record is (at best) mediocre.

I think you're taking that all a bit too seriously to be honest!

BurghHibby
07-11-2011, 12:52 PM
No, no, no, no no, no, no and a million times NO!
​He's a fat hertz goat.

allmodcons
07-11-2011, 12:55 PM
I think you're taking that all a bit too seriously to be honest!

Not so J. There's truth in that story.
JJ basically couldnae wait to take the job. Completely disregarded his own 'managerial code'. (i.e. - heard him once talk about
managers being respectful to each other but when push came to shove he didnae gove a toss for the guy he was to replace).
Anyway, fact is his 'record' isnae that good and he'd be a disaster from a PR point of view.

ahibby
07-11-2011, 12:56 PM
No no no no no no no. Nothing to do with him being a Jambo but his days have come and gone. No

Hamish
07-11-2011, 12:56 PM
​He's a fat hertz goat.

God almighty man, come off the fence.

flash
07-11-2011, 01:11 PM
​He's a fat hertz goat.

That covers all the angles and should be released by Hibs as an official statement on the subject.

euro Hibby
07-11-2011, 01:18 PM
I would vote no ! Not because he is a hearts man but simply because I think we should get something better..........

HibsMax
07-11-2011, 01:43 PM
The results of this poll show that a large chunk of our support are less interested in the talents of the manager than his history. If JJ is the right man for the job, why wouldn't we want him? Sounds like cutting off your nose despite your face.

bawheid
07-11-2011, 01:52 PM
The results of this poll show that a large chunk of our support are less interested in the talents of the manager than his history. If JJ is the right man for the job, why wouldn't we want him? Sounds like cutting off your nose despite your face.

He's not the right man for the job though!!

If Jose Mourinho was a rampant merrick and was being touted for the job I could understand the dilema.

It's Jim ****ing Jefferies people!!!!!

HibsMax
07-11-2011, 01:59 PM

If Jose Mourinho was a rampant merrick and was being touted for the job I could understand the dilema.

So who is the right guy? I've yet to see a poll where everyone agrees.

bawheid
07-11-2011, 02:01 PM
So who is the right guy? I've yet to see a poll where everyone agrees.

I have no idea, but I can spot the wrong guy a mile away. He wears maroon and was on the receiving end of a 0-7, a 6-2 and a 5-1.

HibsMax
07-11-2011, 02:03 PM
I have no idea, but I can spot the wrong guy a mile away. He wears maroon and was on the receiving end of a 0-7, a 6-2 and a 5-1.

Ok so it's a process of elimination. List all the candidates, remove the "wrong" ones and see who we're left with.

Future17
07-11-2011, 02:03 PM
I don't want him as manager but I think it wouldn't stop me supporting the Club.

Having said that, it might be enough to convince me not to renew my season ticket.

Edit: I should add that, not wanting him has nothing to do with him being an ex-Jambo. I just don't think he's the man we need.

Big Frank
07-11-2011, 02:06 PM

:top marks

HibsMax
07-11-2011, 02:14 PM
Just to be clear, I am not saying I want JJ at Hibs, I'm saying that I could forget the past IF he has what it takes to turn things around. I'm more concerned about the future of Hibs than our manager's past.

Hibbyradge
07-11-2011, 04:44 PM
[QUOTE=Hibbyradge;2975816]That's exactly the same attitude that had the Yams defending the likes of Graeme Rix and Craig Thomson.

Where would you draw the line? Or wouldn't you?[/

Do you read your postings before you submit them? Do you engage your brain before you write them?
What a crass sad pathetic and immature view you have. You think that my view on bringing JJ , and his backroom team can be compared to the yams trying to justify employing convicted sex offenders!
Away and have a lie down.
My view is MY VIEW. You should try to learn to read postings / viewpoints and respond ( if you really feel the need ) without being insulting.

Oh dear, I seem to have hit a nerve and I think it's you who needs the lie down!

You also need to read posts before replying to them.

I wasn't comparing the possible appointment of JJ to the employment of sex criminals. I was questioning your "I'll support my club whatever happens" attitude.

You didn't answer.

And what was insulting about my post?

I didn't call you "crass sad pathetic and immature".

frazeHFC
07-11-2011, 04:45 PM
I will never stop going to games, but i sure as hell won't be singing his name.

Cropley10
07-11-2011, 05:05 PM

What talents?????

Killie and Hearts fans were glad to see the back of him. His teams don't play decent football and he was shown to have absolutely no plan B once Kyle got crocked.

He's a dinosaur. Let's stop this now.

Cropley10
07-11-2011, 05:07 PM
Lex - hun. Blobby - hun. This is any better than jumbo??

Nope.

FWIW, we will toil to find a dyed in the wool Hibby Manager. The closest we come to that was Collins and even he got frickin pelters and when he DID bring home a trophy, our FIRST trophy in a great number of years, he still got no respect and we only heard how it was St Tony's Team (St Tony, by the way, who couldnae win with "his" team, I might add).

Baws.

The man for the joab is the man who can get us winning games, up the league, playing some fitba and getting the players on side. By the way, the Great Gordon Smith was a Hearts supporter and had wanted to play for Hearts. He didnt turn out too badly now did he?....

Dont get me wrong, Id prefer we didnt get jumbo but only because I'd like us to stretch the boundaries of our managerial net and budget and get the absolute best we can afford. THEE most important position at the club is the Manager...get that right, and a lot more will fall into place, automagically.

ENDOF

PS jumbo's still a big yam bam but, he gets the job and we start winning, Im no gonna complain. :thumbsup:

Well if he gets the team winning etc then every single option out there would be fine.

HibsMax
07-11-2011, 05:11 PM
What talents?????

Killie and Hearts fans were glad to see the back of him. His teams don't play decent football and he was shown to have absolutely no plan B once Kyle got crocked.

My point was that I would not rule out any manager because of teams he may have played for or managed before. Not specifically JJ but any manager. I should have been clearer about that.

Dropkick Murphy
07-11-2011, 05:17 PM
The poll is misleading, I answered the question in the original post without reading the question on the poll. I thought it was: do you want him? NO. But i would have voted yes to the actual question.

Hibbyradge
07-11-2011, 05:28 PM
My point was that I would not rule out any manager because of teams he may have played for or managed before. Not specifically JJ but any manager. I should have been clearer about that.

I don't oppose Jefferies just because he was a Hearts manager. I'd have accepted John Robertson when he was interested and I wouldn't be too unhappy with Laszlo although I realise many would be.

I oppose FKJ because he is an extreme Jambo and as far as I know, he hates Hibs.

Whatever next? Gary Mackay and Alan Preston as youth team coaches? Maybe give George Foulkes and Steve Cardownie a seat on the board?

Then, when we get rid of that lot as we undoubtedly would, we can give Craig Levein the manager's job cos he'll be unemployed by then.

OK, I've taken that too far.

George Foulkes would need 2 seats.

HibsMax
07-11-2011, 05:38 PM
I don't oppose Jefferies just because he was a Hearts manager. I'd have accepted John Robertson when he was interested and I wouldn't be too unhappy with Laszlo although I realise many would be.

I oppose FKJ because he is an extreme Jambo and as far as I know, he hates Hibs.

Whatever next? Gary Mackay and Alan Preston as youth team coaches? Maybe give George Foulkes and Steve Cardowniea a seat on the board?

Then, when we get rid of that lot as we undoubtedly would, we can give Craig Levein the manager's job cos he'll be unemployed by then.

OK, I've taken that too far.

George Foulkes would need 2 seats.

If FJK truly hates Hibs then you have nothing to worry about. :wink:

Franck Stanton
07-11-2011, 05:39 PM

Correct, my thoughts exactly. Any manager is temporary, I, [and others] am a Hibby till I die.

Having said that, do I want him as a manager ? Hell no, lots of reasons, yes him being an Ex hertz manager is one, he is a hertz SUPPORTER being another, but the most important , [to me anyway], is I honestly dont think he is that good a manager and certainly don't like his brand/style of football ie - hump it up to the big guy up the front. But , if he was appointed, I would still attend the games.

Monkey Harris
07-11-2011, 06:44 PM
Jambo at my work almost in tears over fat Jim becoming our manager. Hire that fat man:-)

The_Todd
07-11-2011, 06:47 PM

1998 Hearts win Scottish Cup v Rangers, JJ is in charge.

2006 Hearts win the Scottish Cup v Gretna, JJ is Killie manager.

Oops.

The_Todd
07-11-2011, 06:49 PM
If FJK truly hates Hibs then you have nothing to worry about. :wink:

Indeed. If he hates us as much as it's claimed he wouldn't take the job on. If he did take the job on, I assume it means he's professional enough to do his best for our club for as long as he remains in our employment.

Either way, it's all pub talk. Nobody knows who the board have in mind.

Booked4Being-Ugly
07-11-2011, 06:55 PM
1998 Hearts win Scottish Cup v Rangers, JJ is in charge.

2006 Hearts win the Scottish Cup v Gretna, JJ is Killie manager.

Oops.I've already been corrected on my Yam history ages ago - hopefully it was just a temporary brain fart and it wont happen again. :worried:

The_Todd
07-11-2011, 06:58 PM
I've already been corrected on my Yam history ages ago - hopefully it was just a temporary brain fart and it wont happen again. :worried:

I'll let you off this time. Next time, the big dunces hat gets dusted off!

killie-hibby
07-11-2011, 07:11 PM
Pat Stanton on Sportsound tonight said he would have no objection to JJ as Hibs manager.

erin go bragh
07-11-2011, 07:11 PM
Wouldnt stop me going, but i would not be happy about it , and it would not be the appointment to get the fans back that have been lost under cc reign .

GGTTH

HibsMax
07-11-2011, 07:38 PM
Wouldnt stop me going, but i would not be happy about it , and it would not be the appointment to get the fans back that have been lost under cc reign .

GGTTH

that's OK as it's already been stated several times before that it's performances and results that will get the fans back. Even if the eventual appointment is not a fan's favourite, if results improve the fans will come back. Or at least most of them will. I think.

Green Knight
07-11-2011, 07:41 PM
Just think how much Jambos would be annoyed by JJ at Easter Road!!! Given the relegation threat we need an experienced manager with a good knowledge of the SPL and a good track record - I don't see anyone better around. We can't risk a novice.

Musselbound
07-11-2011, 07:48 PM
Yes. I don't get a chance to go much nowadays but it has always seemed absurd to me to stop supporting a club because you don't like one individual. I don't particularly want Jefferies as manager but I think we could do a lot worse. Mark McGhee for instance is a guy I have no time for whatsoever but again I'd back him in the hope he could do a good job for the club. Far too much importance is given to personal dislike of individual managers, be they Jambos or whatever.

Musselbound
07-11-2011, 07:51 PM
GGTTH

I do think that point is more important than ever at the moment and that's why I think it's better to leave Jefferies alone. We need to see an ER that is over half full for the new manager for starters.

Sammy7nil
07-11-2011, 08:44 PM
The poll name should be changed to -

Should Hibs Ever consider letting A Fat, Red Faced, Wheezing Arrogant Jambo Manage Our Great club ?

Thats a No from me then.

:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

Captain Trips
07-11-2011, 08:57 PM
JJ is a better manager than CC ever was or will be IMO.

PeterboroHibee
07-11-2011, 09:25 PM
What talents?????

Hibs dont play good football so we would have that in common :wink:.

YehButNoBut
07-11-2011, 10:03 PM
Pat Stanton on Sportsound tonight said he would have no objection to JJ as Hibs manager.

On BBC website

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15628207.stm

Stanton believes Hibs fans shouldn't rule out a former Jambo taking up the managerial reins permanently."You hear people talking about Jim Jefferies as well. We know Jim's connections with Hearts but you can't be too parochial about the whole thing," he said.

"If you can get a man to come in and do the job then it doesn't matter to me. His background doesn't matter at all and he's proved himself that he can do things in this league. If that's the case then I don't see the problem.

"Some Hibs supporters will, but I don't. I'd rather see the job given to a man who's capable and experienced rather than a newcomer."

smurf
07-11-2011, 10:30 PM
Of course I would. Getting him in until the summer isn't the most ridiculous idea.

Sir David Gray
07-11-2011, 11:57 PM
Out of the serious names that have been bandied about so far on here and other places, Jim Jefferies is one of the better choices we could make.

I would have no problem with him taking the job and if he was appointed, of course I would still go to matches. However I strongly suspect that if he was to be approached, he would decline the offer so those who are opposed to the idea shouldn't have to worry.

huggie1875
08-11-2011, 01:44 AM
It would be the final straw for me. How much humiliation can one set of fans be take?

dunno ask a jambo:faf:

flash
08-11-2011, 07:42 AM
It terrifies me that the board may read this forum and think he would be acceptable to the majority.
He is HMFC to the core- is there no pride left at this club?

Steve20
08-11-2011, 07:45 AM
It won't be Jefferies. No chance. Surely they want to get attendances back up again and hiring Jefferies will certainly not do that.

I still think Billy Brown is going to get the job.

bawheid
08-11-2011, 08:35 AM
It terrifies me that the board may read this forum and think he would be acceptable to the majority.

I'm with you flash. Some of the responses on this thread are giving me the boak.

down the slope
08-11-2011, 08:36 AM
Please no, his Killie team only escaped relegation by the skin of their teeth a season or so ago, his record just after the new year with the yams was awful . His appointment would split the fans down the middle and if you think CC was getting it tight after a bad performance just imagine what it would be like for fat Jim ?. Michael O'neil for me, did you see how his team performed against Spurs ?.

BEEJ
08-11-2011, 09:23 AM

I'm with you flash. Some of the responses on this thread are giving me the boak.

Completely agree!

Houchy
08-11-2011, 09:24 AM
It's a no for me. Yes his teams are organised and had good placings in the league but look at the size of the squad he had and budget to go alongside it. It could be argued that results and achievements should have been higher. What size budget would he have at ER???

I only have what i've read on t'internet but it's Michael O' Neill for me. Yes, I know, ex players never work but I really do have a feeling he could turn this pile of wasters round.

Edit: I'm not dead against JJ. I just think there are better options. I'd even take Tangoman until the end of the season to secure us... AGAIN!!! (It's like last season all over again... security, this is pathetic for a team the size of us when we have teams like Dunfermline, ICT, Aberdeen, UTD, St Mirren, Killie (need I go on?) We should NEVER be looking below us in this league.

The Voice Of Reason
08-11-2011, 10:11 AM
I think Jim Jeffries would be a very good appointment :-

1. He is well liked in the game (by players and other managers) unlike John Collins for example!
2. Proven track record in the SPL, I think he is a decent manager
3. His long time no 2 Brown is already at the club
4. No compensation (money does come into it, like it or lump it!)
5. Lives locally
6. It would really p*ss the hearts fans off, especially if when JJ & BB mastermind a long awaited Derby Win !!!! (Ok, that part wasn't mature!)

Jim Jeffries would have my 100% backing and I would applaud the board for taking a brave decision if they do appoint him :agree:

Hibs Till I Die.

P.S McCleish has done pretty well at Villa, despite the fans reservations !!!

bawheid
08-11-2011, 10:16 AM
The Voice of Reason, right enough....

flash
08-11-2011, 10:22 AM
Aye lives locally- that should clinch it.

The Voice Of Reason
08-11-2011, 10:26 AM

A well considered and mature response, right enough :aok:

cabbageandribs1875
08-11-2011, 10:29 AM

:agree: i'm stumped why some on here would take a fat jambo grunt, a fat jambo grunt that has shown nothing but contempt for our teams over the years, i can only think that some are that desperate for a win, ANY win, that they would even contemplate the horrible idea of jefferies boaking in the changing room having to put a green tracksuit on :agree:

FJK= GTF, fer the luv o god :bitchy:

bawheid
08-11-2011, 10:33 AM
A well considered and mature response, right enough :aok:

I barely knew where to begin. I'll give it a go then...

I think Jim Jeffries would be a very good appointment :-

1. He is well liked in the game (by players and other managers) unlike John Collins for example!
2. Proven track record in the SPL, I think he is a decent manager
3. His long time no 2 Brown is already at the club
4. No compensation (money does come into it, like it or lump it!)
5. Lives locally
6. It would really p*ss the hearts fans off, especially if when JJ & BB mastermind a long awaited Derby Win !!!! (Ok, that part wasn't mature!)

Jim Jeffries would have my 100% backing and I would applaud the board for taking a brave decision if they do appoint him :agree:

Hibs Till I Die.

P.S McCleish has done pretty well at Villa, despite the fans reservations !!!

1. He is well liked in the game? So are John Hughes and Bobby Williamson. Shall we get them back?
2. A proven track record of bumping around the bottom six with Kilmarnock or underachieving with over-spending Hearts. He won you lot the cup in '98 and has done zilch since then.
3. That's not a real reason, surely? Why don't we appoint Tam McCourt's wife? Her husband is already at the club.
4. Plenty managers out there who we wouldn't have to pay compensation for.
5. :faf:
6. The Hearts fans would be pissed alright. They'd be pissing themselves laughing that we'd taken one of their fat, wheezing old legends as our manager.

There is no comparison with the McLeish to Villa situation.

Hainan Hibs
08-11-2011, 10:39 AM
I don't think I could go back to Easter Road if that classless trumpet got the gig.

I've always prided myself on supporting a club with class. While the Hearts dugout would traipse out with their JJB tracksuits on (tucked into the socks), we would have the likes of JC glide out in their fitted suits.

Please Hibs, for the love of god do not take us from the je ne sais quoi of bilingual Collins to the "ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......was in the changing rooms....ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" of FJK in a matter of a few seasons.

It goes against everything the club stands for.

DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hibbyradge
08-11-2011, 10:41 AM
Terry Butcher, ex-Rangers captain and ex-England captain would be a million times more preferable to FJK.

EVENTUALLY
08-11-2011, 10:45 AM
As Eddie Turnbull said ...there is class, 1st class and then Hibs class.

JJ is never Hibs class in the true meaning of the word in a million years.

Never.

Hainan Hibs
08-11-2011, 10:51 AM
Just to visualise my earlier point on the difference of class,

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/45174000/jpg/_45174904_franck_sauzee_sns300.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/01/jefferies1701_228x167.jpg

Just say no Hibs, just say no....

brog
08-11-2011, 10:52 AM
With apologies to the OP who I'm sure meant well, we should be careful with the wording when posting polls on this forum. If this was a straight, JJ yes or no, I'm sure it would be about 90% against. The other poll asking for our preferred candidate supports this.
Unfortunately, by saying " would you go back to ER if JJ was manager " & over 50% say yes to date, this allows the rag that is the DR to claim support for JJ is at 50/50. The Scotsman also makes mention of this but at least mentions the other poll where support for JJ is at 5%!!
FWIW I can't see Petrie being so dumb as to sanction this option. Our crowds are already significantly down, we can't afford to alienate a large percentage of our dwindling support.

lapsedhibee
08-11-2011, 12:27 PM
I will never stop going to games, but i sure as hell won't be singing his name.

:tsk tsk: Might have to adapt some of the lyrics, but if things didn't go well then a lusty rendition of the Monkees tune would be well in order. :singing: fat jambo bustard :singing:

blackpoolhibs
08-11-2011, 12:44 PM
I'm with radge on this, FJK is just too much jambo to ever take the managers job at easter road. Folk can quote McCartney as someone who has done it in the past, but that was in a different era, the hatred was just not there in those days.

If he was appointed, we have going by this poll alienated at least 40% of the support. He's never been an manager who plays football the Hibs way, and i suppose a winning team would attract fans back, maybe not all but some.

My question is, why would we appoint a manager who from day 1 would split the support? Its getting those back on board whats needed, along of course with the right man. Jeffries is not that man.

The Voice Of Reason
08-11-2011, 01:04 PM
I'm with radge on this, FJK is just too much jambo to ever take the managers job at easter road. Folk can quote McCartney as someone who has done it in the past, but that was in a different era, the hatred was just not there in those days.

If he was appointed, we have going by this poll alienated at least 40% of the support. He's never been an manager who plays football the Hibs way, and i suppose a winning team would attract fans back, maybe not all but some.

My question is, why would we appoint a manager who from day 1 would split the support? Its getting those back on board whats needed, along of course with the right man. Jeffries is not that man.

I have to admit that I am being unusually mature on this one!

If Jeffries and Brown got the team winning (which I think they can) then surey the fans would get behind them and the team ? No ?!?

SquashedFrogg
08-11-2011, 01:17 PM
I don't know. It's a tricky one. Have to say if JJ gets the job, I'd think the board has lost the plot.

All this, "he's a jambo" stuff doesn't really bother me in the slightest.

Experienced manager within the spl.
BB already had time to assess the club so already has a 'heads up' on what's wrong.
Good motivator of average players.
Big point to prove against previous employers.
Even bigger point to prove to Hibs fans.

Considering what we've had to endure over the last few years I genuinely think he's what we need right now.

I'd take him, no problem at all, if he got us winning matches and contending for cups.

Cabbage East
08-11-2011, 01:19 PM
I really wonder about some of the people on here. This board is not representative of the Hibs support at all. People actually wanting Jim Jeffries to manage our club? Jim Jeffries? Mr Hearts? Really? I despair.

SquashedFrogg
08-11-2011, 01:27 PM
I really wonder about some of the people on here. This board is not representative of the Hibs support at all. People actually wanting Jim Jeffries to manage our club? Jim Jeffries? Mr Hearts? Really? I despair.

Judging by the mixed opinions I've read on this board that this is exactly representative of the Hibs support. :confused:

What makes me despair, is not who's in the dugout and his previous positions, but of what the 11 players on the field are producing for my hard earned cash. And lets be honest, we've been gash for quite some time now.

I wouldn't care if it was the ghost of Wallace Mercer sitting in the dugout if it meant we were winning most weeks at the top end of the table and getting to cup finals.

Rightly, or wrongly I firmly believe that someone like JJ would be an excellent appointment for our club at this time IMHO of course.

bawheid
08-11-2011, 01:28 PM

This is an ideal opportunity to identify and exterminate undercover Merricks.

SquashedFrogg
08-11-2011, 01:31 PM

This is an ideal opportunity to identify and exterminate undercover Merricks.

Not sure going undercover would get rid of their pungent smell though. :wink:

cabbageandribs1875
08-11-2011, 01:35 PM
make another poll, only this time make it public :wink: then we could discount the yamboids that have voted :gun:

Joe
08-11-2011, 01:37 PM
I don't have any reservations about Jeffries with regards to his past, if Walter Smith or Martin O'Neil applied for the Hibs job I wouldn't care about their links to other clubs I don't like. What concerns me is that his record as a manager is hardly amazing. Good at Hearts, won the cup when he had a lot to spend, moves to Bradford, nothing really, then Killie and does ok before a second stint with Hearts where he does well with a lot of money. Hardly fills me with joy. Also theirs the style of play. We expect Hibs to play a certain way, we expect entertaining, passing football not lumping the ball up to a Kyle or Stevenson. With Jeffries in charge we will get hustle and bustle but it will be ugly.

Tha Cabbage Kid
08-11-2011, 01:38 PM
for me this is mad. has it got this bad we are actually considering Jim?

why dont we go the whole hog and get george foulks in as charman and bring Merser back from the dead.

Im sure jim jeff would be asking for about a similar about of wages as some other guys being touted for the job. i.e. billy davies, gordon strachan, martin jol and darren fersgson. no? and all with good experience.

Keith_M
08-11-2011, 01:43 PM
That's exactly the same attitude that had the Yams defending the likes of Graeme Rix and Craig Thomson.

Where would you draw the line? Or wouldn't you?

Just BEING Jim Jefferies is on the same level as being a paedophile? Are you from another planet????

Keith_M
08-11-2011, 01:48 PM
Some people seem REALLY confused about what the question was.

It WASN'T "Do you WANT Jim Jefferies to be boss", it was "Would you STOP GOING to ER if he was made boss".

Apparently, in the opinion of some, keeping supporting the club would make me a Yam. Maybe you geniuses could explain to me the logic behind that because it really escapes me.

Unless of course your logic is based purely on "You disagree with me so you're a Yam".

hibiedude
08-11-2011, 01:55 PM
Some people seem REALLY confused about what the question was.

It WASN'T "Do you WANT Jim Jefferies to be boss", it was "Would you STOP GOING to ER if he was made boss".

Apparently, in the opinion of some, keeping supporting the club would make me a Yam. Maybe you geniuses could explain to me the logic behind that because it really escapes me.

Unless of course your logic is based purely on "You disagree with me so you're a Yam".

I'm not sure if this will help their mood

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/hibs_fans_open_to_hearts_stalwart_jim_jefferies_st epping_in_at_easter_road_1_1953072

lapsedhibee
08-11-2011, 02:02 PM
Just BEING Jim Jefferies is on the same level as being a paedophile? Are you from another planet????

:tsk tsk: It was a logical point that Mr Radge was making, that somewhere there must be a cut-off in what you're prepared to accept at your club. He wasn't equating beasting with being a fat red-faced *******.

BEEJ
08-11-2011, 02:07 PM
The Voice of Treason, surely? :greengrin

:tsk tsk: Might have to adapt some of the lyrics, but if things didn't go well then a lusty rendition of the Monkees tune would be well in order. :singing: fat jambo bustard :singing:
Or imagine how the Yams might take the song and adpt it for their own purposes:

Bad luck Jimmy Jefferies,
Oh what can it mean
To a great Jambo legend
With a ........

You know the rest. :rolleyes:

All this, "he's a jambo" stuff doesn't really bother me in the slightest.

Experienced manager within the spl.
BB already had time to assess the club so already has a 'heads up' on what's wrong.
Good motivator of average players.
Big point to prove against previous employers.
Even bigger point to prove to Hibs fans.

Considering what we've had to endure over the last few years I genuinely think he's what we need right now.

I'd take him, no problem at all, if he got us winning matches and contending for cups.
Why does BB being here already somehow make JJ a shoe-in for the post? That plus the fact that as he is unattached currently there will be no fee to pay. Marvellous!

If JJ waits long enough there will be plenty of football management opportunities in the UK that come up for grabs for someone with his experience. So ask yourself this. What would possibly be his motivation for taking the job at ER?

If it's just to get a wage to see him through to next summer, how bothered would he be if it never really worked at ER? Not that he wouldn't try; just that if it all goes wrong he has the safety net of knowing that failure at Hibs would make him even more of a cult hero over yonder.

Just, no!

The_Todd
08-11-2011, 02:19 PM
Its time for a reality check. The Easter Road hotseat ain't too hot at the moment. We'll almost certainly be looking for someone unemployed or currently employed as an assistant at best, and someone who knows the SPL. Like it or lump it FJK sits in that category. We're not going to lure an EPL or Championship manager to ER, possibly not an SPL manager either, we're in a dire situation, or options are limited and we need someone in now, not at the end of the season. Our SPL status depends on it.

Just don't expect Rod to be tapping up Kenny Dalgleish, that's all I'm saying.

SquashedFrogg
08-11-2011, 02:20 PM
The Voice of Treason, surely? :greengrin

Or imagine how the Yams might take the song and adpt it for their own purposes:

Bad luck Jimmy Jefferies,
Oh what can it mean
To a great Jambo legend
With a ........

You know the rest. :rolleyes:

Why does BB being here already somehow make JJ a shoe-in for the post? That plus the fact that as he is unattached currently there will be no fee to pay. Marvellous!

If JJ waits long enough there will be plenty of football management opportunities in the UK that come up for grabs for someone with his experience. So ask yourself this. What would possibly be his motivation for taking the job at ER?

If it's just to get a wage to see him through to next summer, how bothered would he be if it never really worked at ER? Not that he wouldn't try; just that if it all goes wrong he has the safety net of knowing that failure at Hibs would make him even more of a cult hero over yonder.

Just, no!

BB being at the club doesn't make him a shoe-in. I suggested that it would be handy for a new manager coming in if he had someone already at the club who could give him a clear picture of what is happening within the club(good or bad)

Possible motivation for taking the job?

Big club
Close to home
Good working environment
Previous assistant already in place

Unless you suspect he just come in, sabotage, destroy, then leave whilst giving us the middle finger in a Hearts top?

The mans in his 60's and a professional football manager. Not some wee yam ned from Broomhouse looking to get one over on us.

So far on here I've heard Strachan, Souness, OGS, Michael O'Neill, Billy Davies.

I'd be far more concerned if any of those got the job. :agree:

SquashedFrogg
08-11-2011, 02:21 PM
Its time for a reality check. The Easter Road hotseat ain't too hot at the moment. We'll almost certainly be looking for someone unemployed or currently employed as an assistant at best, and someone who knows the SPL. Like it or lump it FJK sits in that category. We're not going to lure an EPL or Championship manager to ER, possibly not an SPL manager either, we're in a dire situation, or options are limited and we need someone in now, not at the end of the season. Our SPL status depends on it.

Just don't expect Rod to be tapping up Kenny Dalgleish, that's all I'm saying.

Hurrah! A bit of realism at last on here.

:top marks

hibiedude
08-11-2011, 02:29 PM
BB being at the club doesn't make him a shoe-in. I suggested that it would be handy for a new manager coming in if he had someone already at the club who could give him a clear picture of what is happening within the club(good or bad)

Big club
Close to home
Good working environment

Unless you suspect he just come in, sabotage, destroy, then leave whilst giving us the middle finger in a Hearts top?

The mans in his 60's and a professional football manager. Not some wee yam ned from Broomhouse looking to get one over on us.

So far on here I've heard Strachan, Souness, OGS, Michael O'Neill, Billy Davies.

:faf: :faf: :faf:

Great reply

Keith_M
08-11-2011, 02:49 PM
:tsk tsk: It was a logical point that Mr Radge was making, that somewhere there must be a cut-off in what you're prepared to accept at your club. He wasn't equating beasting with being a fat red-faced *******.

The only examples he gave were of two paeodphiles and said we had to draw the line somewhere. The question related only to Jefferies suitability as Hibs' manager, so I stand by my objections to the examples he gave.

To make my position clear on this: I voted that I wouldn't stop going to ER if JJ was appointed manager, however, I personally would much prefer someone else to be offered the job. I'd imagine, going by both the polls, that's the view of many Hibs supporters. According to some, that makes us Yams :rolleyes:

BEEJ
08-11-2011, 02:54 PM

Big club
Close to home
Good working environment
Plus a decent wage, of course. So all very convenient for JJ. No commuting to speak of. Terrific!

Is it a move that will develop his career? No. Is it a post he's long sought after and a club for which he has previously declared respect and admiration? Not a chance.

What I'm suggesting is that the pain of possible failure at ER would not be felt very keenly by someone whose playing and management career is smothered in the maroon of the gorgie mob.

Glad you're not making the decision then. :aok:

bawheid
08-11-2011, 04:10 PM

Big club
Close to home
Good working environment

Dreadful.

Close to home? Previous assistant in place?? What exactly is our criteria here?

I made the point earlier: why don't we appoint Tam McCourt's wife? She no doubt lives in the area, and her husband is already at the club. Surely she should be a stick-on?

The man's record is average at best. He's one of the most Jamboist Jambos in the Jamboverse. Yet you'd have him over Strachan (league titles, CL last 16), Souness (trophies at home and abroad), OGS (tipped for the top by Sir Alex), O'Neill (got further in his first shot at Europe than Jefferies ever did) and Davies (check out his Championship record compared to your man's).

You're at the wind up my amphibian friend.

Dashing Bob S
08-11-2011, 04:43 PM
Jeffries is a fat loser who bankrupted the Pieman to win a Scottish Cup, then couldn't buy a win with Romanov's squandering millions behind him. To have the wage bill he enjoyed at HoMFC and have his closing abysmal management record at Tynecastle dwarfs any level of incompetence shown by either Hughes or Calderwood.

His teams are dull to watch, and he's a poor man's east coast Blobby Williamson, who achieved the same in the game as FJK, but on a relative shoestring.

Having a moaning pus when Hibs put the ball in the net at 7-0, 6-2 and 5-1 does not attest to your competence as a future Hibs manager, nor does a string of drab 1-0 derby wins against players on half the wages make him a superman.

Moreover, if you think there is disquiet with the support now, wait till you see people if Jeffries takes over. He would never be given a chance by a large element of the support - nor should he- and we would be more divided and fractious than ever. The only way Jeffries could get past all that is to display Pep Guardiola-like management qualities, which this failure at Bradford and mediocrity at Killie clearly doesn't have.

When he got the Hearts job, Jeffries said something like "this will do me for a couple of years until I retire." If that's how passionate he feels about a club he reputedly loves, then god knows how he'll be at ER.

No, it's time this dinosaur was put to grass where can sit at home and watch videos of 7-0, 6-2 and 5-1 till his hearts content, just not our grass.

I'd go as far to say that if anybody is seriously considering this, they are either consciously or inadvertently trying to destroy our club.

lapsedhibee
08-11-2011, 04:47 PM
why don't we appoint Tam McCourt's wife? She no doubt lives in the area, and her husband is already at the club. Surely she should be a stick-on?

Get a grip. How can you seriously want her for the job, when none of us have any clue whether she's a get-the-ball-down-and-pass-it-because-it's-round sort of wumman or a hoof-it-up-the-park-to-the-lump-at-the-other-end type, like FJK? :panic:

PatHead
08-11-2011, 04:53 PM
Jeffries is a fat loser who bankrupted the Pieman to win a Scottish Cup, then couldn't buy a win with Romanov's squandering millions behind him. To have the wage bill like he had at HoMFC and have his closing abysmal management record at Tynecastle dwarfs any level of incompetence shown by either Hughes or Calderwood.

His teams are dull to watch, and he's a poor man's east coast Blobby Williamson, who achieved the same in the game as FJK, but on a relative shoestring.

Having a moaning pus when Hibs put the ball in the net at 7-0, 6-2 and 5-1 does not attest to your competence as a future Hibs manager, nor does a string of drab 1-0 derby wins against players on half the wages make him a superman.

Moreover, if you think there is disquiet with the support now, wait till you see people if Jeffries takes over. He would never be given a chance by a large element of the support - nor should he- and we would be more divided and fractious than ever. The only way Jeffries could get past all that is to display Pep Guardiola-like management qualities, which this failure at Bradford and mediocrity at Killie clearly doesn't have.

When he got the Hearts job, Jeffries said something like "this will do me for a couple of years until I retire." If that's how passionate he feels about a club he reputedly loves, then god knows how he'll be at ER.

No, it's time this dinosaur was put to grass where can sit at home and watch videos of 7-0, 6-2 and 5-1 till his hearts content, just not our grass.

I'd go as far to say that if anybody is seriously considering this, they are either consciously or inadvertently trying to destroy our club.

You will be against his appointment then?

cabbageandribs1875
08-11-2011, 04:56 PM

OMG something else has been squashed :faf: lets just leave it at that jim eh

Dashing Bob S
08-11-2011, 04:57 PM
You will be against his appointment then?

Hey! I never said that! Stop putting words into my mouth!

SquashedFrogg
08-11-2011, 05:44 PM
Dreadful.

Close to home? Previous assistant in place?? What exactly is our criteria here?

I made the point earlier: why don't we appoint Tam McCourt's wife? She no doubt lives in the area, and her husband is already at the club. Surely she should be a stick-on?

The man's record is average at best. He's one of the most Jamboist Jambos in the Jamboverse. Yet you'd have him over Strachan (league titles, CL last 16), Souness (trophies at home and abroad), OGS (tipped for the top by Sir Alex), O'Neill (got further in his first shot at Europe than Jefferies ever did) and Davies (check out his Championship record compared to your man's).

You're at the wind up my amphibian friend.

Tam McCourt's wife isn't a football manager though :confused:

The question was asked as to why he'd want to manage our club and I merely gave a couple of obvious reasons as to why he'd probably be interested in the job.

Strachan's record is below average and I've posted his stats on here before. At Celtic he had a far bigger budget than every other team in the league outwith Rangers.

Souness - again had shacks of cash at his disposal at the huns. Below average manager at every other club he was at. Ask Liverpool fans how good he was. Or Southampton, Or Torino, or....

OGS wins amateur league title in Norway. Must be a genius then?

O'Neil - Potentially decent manager in the future but we've taken too many risks in 'potential' in recent years for my liking.

Davies - Actually quite like this choice but don't see him as a realistic target.

Off to play with my tadpoles and see if there's any female toads in the pond :na na:

SquashedFrogg
08-11-2011, 05:53 PM
Get a grip. How can you seriously want her for the job, when none of us have any clue whether she's a get-the-ball-down-and-pass-it-because-it's-round sort of wumman or a hoof-it-up-the-park-to-the-lump-at-the-other-end type, like FJK? :panic:

No one even knows if she's even actually a 'wumman'

Golden Bear
08-11-2011, 05:56 PM
The man himself will be on BBC Radio Scotland Medium wave at 6:10pm giving us his thoughts on the Hibs job. A previous Hibs Director wil also be on the show.

SquashedFrogg
08-11-2011, 05:59 PM
The man himself will be on BBC Radio Scotland Medium wave at 6:10pm giving us his thoughts on the Hibs job. A previous Hibs Director wil also be on the show.

Let not all jump to conclusions if he's speaking via his mobile in the changing room of the club shop

Cropley10
08-11-2011, 06:16 PM
Let not all jump to conclusions if he's speaking via his mobile in the changing room of the club shop

Doubt Jumbo Jambo Jim the fat Hearts bassa would ever be anywhere near our shop.

SquashedFrogg
08-11-2011, 06:20 PM
Doubt Jumbo Jambo Jim the fat Hearts bassa would ever be anywhere near our shop.

Does he not sweep up and turn the lights off at night?

The_Todd
08-11-2011, 06:23 PM
I don't think anybody's saying "please let it be FJK", I think people just recognise that FJK is in amongst the pool of available potential employees out there. The SPL seems to recycle the same old names time and again, and if any SPL vacancy arises the same names are always linked. The SPL is a small league in a small country, that's the nature of the beast.

I don't think labelling fellow Hibs supporters as "Yams" just because they don't screech "Oh God no! How could that ever possibly be?" is very productive or helpful tbh.

SquashedFrogg
08-11-2011, 06:24 PM
I don't think anybody's saying "please let it be FJK", I think people just recognise that FJK is in amongst the pool of available potential employees out there. The SPL seems to recycle the same old names time and again, and if any SPL vacancy arises the same names are always linked. The SPL is a small league in a small country, that's the nature of the beast.<br><br>I don't think labelling fellow Hibs supporters as "Yams" just because they don't screech "oh God no how could that ever possibly be?" is very productive or helpful tbh.

Well said The_Todd :agree:

Golden Bear
08-11-2011, 06:26 PM
JUmbo Jim was being at his diplomatic self and said a lot complimentary things about the Club, the Training Centre and its status in Scottish football.

However he would not be drawn on the question of whether or not he would accept the post. "Out of respect" to the Club he would not make any comment until such time a direct approach was made. (if ever it did come)

He came across very well to be honest.

Baader
08-11-2011, 07:00 PM
All I would care about is could he do a job for us. I've no doubt he probably could.

Don't see it happening though as the board need an appointment that will pull everyone together and not cause divisions. The last thing they will want to do right now is split the fans and face the potential of less people wanting to attend ER - regardless of JJ's capabilities...

davey 2 good
08-11-2011, 07:03 PM
I will not be back to the holy ground if he's appointed manager will go to support spartans

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=55.975194,-3.242469

brog
09-11-2011, 12:02 PM
Jeffries is a fat loser who bankrupted the Pieman to win a Scottish Cup, then couldn't buy a win with Romanov's squandering millions behind him. To have the wage bill he enjoyed at HoMFC and have his closing abysmal management record at Tynecastle dwarfs any level of incompetence shown by either Hughes or Calderwood.

:top marks As I stated in a prior post our gates are already rapidly diminishing. If 40% plus on this poll state they won't return to ER if FJK is appointed then there's no way RP ( & it will be him! ) can give him the job. Personally I'm p----d off with all this nonsense in our rags & which is given credence by this forum.