PDA

View Full Version : What about Evans, Stevenson and Thompson?

KiddA
06-11-2011, 08:24 PM
Surly they also play a part in how bad we are, after all they are on the bench too and apparently have a big say on team matters too. Billy Brown is exempt from this as he has not been here that long. I would clear them all out apart from Brown and let whoever comes in pick his own staff :agree:

Its easy to blame CC but these guys for me are a big part of it too and should follow him out the door :agree:

HibeeMG
06-11-2011, 08:31 PM
Surly they also play a part in how bad we are, after all they are on the bench too and apparently have a big say on team matters too. Billy Brown is exempt from this as he has not been here that long. I would clear them all out apart from Brown and let whoever comes in pick his own staff :agree:

Its easy to blame CC but these guys for me are a big part of it too and should follow him out the door :agree:

A very good point.

Unfortunately it's not practicable to get rid of them at the moment as the team will still need putting through their paces in training (or whatever they do).

I would hope, though, that the new man would bring in a whole new backroom staff.

Zazu62
06-11-2011, 08:34 PM
Get them tae ****.

We need a clean out and and a whole new coaching staff IMHO

KiddA
06-11-2011, 08:34 PM
A very good point.

Unfortunately it's not practicable to get rid of them at the moment as the team will still need putting through their paces in training (or whatever they do).

I would hope, though, that the new man would bring in a whole new backroom staff.

Yeah I hope so too, it makes sense that he bring in people that he knows not guys who have been part of the problem.

stubru59
06-11-2011, 08:42 PM

Its easy to blame CC but these guys for me are a big part of it too and should follow him out the door :agree:Using that logic - and i happen to agree with you - members of the board would need to follow. Compensation packages will determine who amongst the coaching staff get's the heave.

bighairyfaeleith
06-11-2011, 08:43 PM
Trouble is we won't pay compo for a whole coaching staff and how many unemployed managers have a coach, youth coach etc all unemployed at the same time.

I agree though that we do need a clear out of personnel but the youth team are still doing well so I would leave them alone.

nortonhibby
06-11-2011, 08:44 PM

they are toast gone with CC Its a fresh piece of paper.

bighairyfaeleith
06-11-2011, 09:43 PM
they are toast gone with CC Its a fresh piece of paper.

is that true?

mcfly
06-11-2011, 09:46 PM

total clearout reqd imo

Hillsidehibby
06-11-2011, 09:48 PM
Whoever the new guy is one thing for sure is BB is doon the Jobcentre.

SteveHFC
06-11-2011, 09:49 PM
Whoever the new guy is one thing for sure is BB is doon the Jobcentre.

Unless Jeffries is appointed :wink:

Robinho08
06-11-2011, 09:50 PM
Agreed, complete clearout, minus BB.

Franck Stanton
06-11-2011, 10:05 PM
Unless Jeffries is appointed :wink:

I'm staking out the Hibs shop tomorrow , just to see if fat Jim is there waiting for a call on his mobile.

ScottB
06-11-2011, 10:17 PM

Yup, we are way past the point these guys should have been cleared out.

We are continually unfit and making basic mistakes, and have been through several managers. These guys are working with them on a day to day basis. It's time for a total change.

silverhibee
06-11-2011, 10:37 PM
Yup, we are way past the point these guys should have been cleared out.

We are continually unfit and making basic mistakes, and have been through several managers. These guys are working with them on a day to day basis. It's time for a total change.

:top marks

smurf
06-11-2011, 11:52 PM
Agreed, complete clearout, minus BB.

Agreed. But the new guy must have complete control of all footballing matters and should he not want BB he should go too...

18/03/07
07-11-2011, 09:36 AM
Stevenson and Evans should go back and work with the 17's and 19's IMO

Beefster
07-11-2011, 09:45 AM
I've never really understood why Evans, in particular, has survived Collins, Mixu, Hughes and probably Calderwood going. As sad as it is to see folk lose their jobs, there are a few folk at ER who should be worrying about their job security.

ronaldo7
07-11-2011, 09:53 AM
Stevenson and Evans should go back and work with the 17's and 19's IMO

James McDonaugh is doing well enough with the 19's. We should be starting with the guys who are with the first team imo. Guys like Evans(too soft), Stevenson(not good enough for the first team), and Jim Henry (head of performance), my erse. That should make space for a full team to come in and change things.

KiddA
24-11-2011, 08:07 PM
Does anyone know if PF will be allowed to bring in his own staff? I really hope so, so these guys can move on.

Billy Whizz
24-11-2011, 08:13 PM
Does anyone know if PF will be allowed to bring in his own staff? I really hope so, so these guys can move on.

You can't empty the whole club. You need some continuity

heretoday
24-11-2011, 08:17 PM
I think Hibs' policy in future should be to avoid appointing former "legends" to staff positions.

Pedantic_Hibee
24-11-2011, 08:20 PM
Get rid of them (save for BB).

Whilst not at the helm, they too have watched, coached and to an extent man-managed a succession of groups and individuals over the past 4+ years and must take a not inconsiderable amount of blame for the absolute shambles of a culture that has run rife through Hibernian Football Club and made an absolute mockery of the very word "professionalism".

To the Board, if you're avid readers of my diatribes, this is your chance to introduce a new broom, a fresh sweep and an opportunity to preside over a brand new era of change and progress. New manager, new coaches, new ideas, new rules. New team.

Saorsa
24-11-2011, 08:31 PM
Agreed. But the new guy must have complete control of all footballing matters and should he not want BB he should go too...:top marks

You can't empty the whole club. You need some continuityPetrie and this group players are still here, that's more than enough continuity considering how bad we are. The job has tae be started somewhere and as we're stuck with the above for the forseeable future the coaching staff would seem a good place tae start now.

Reaper
24-11-2011, 08:39 PM
I've heard that Evans is a problem behind the scenes and has been seen by Yogi and CC to be Petries mole in a way. He apparently reports everything that happens back to the board and undermines the manager and No.2 on numerous occasions. He's also been told on one or two occasions to watch his step with one or two senior players.

I'll not name my source other than it's a current 1st team player.

deek1875
24-11-2011, 08:44 PM
Dinnae forget aboot tam mcourt
Oi

Petrie and this group players are still here, that's more than enough continuity considering how bad we are.m

Saorsa
24-11-2011, 08:51 PM
Dinnae forget aboot tam mcourtIf he has his own kit man he wants tae bring then yes :agree:

deek1875
24-11-2011, 08:55 PM
Dinnae forget aboot tam mcourt
Oi

Petrie and this group players are still here, that's more than enough continuity considering how bad we are.m

ancient hibee
24-11-2011, 08:56 PM
I've heard that Evans is a problem behind the scenes and has been seen by Yogi and CC to be Petries mole in a way. He apparently reports everything that happens back to the board and undermines the manager and No.2 on numerous occasions. He's also been told on one or two occasions to watch his step with one or two senior players.

Don't believe a word of it.Why does Petrie need a mole when Scot Lindsay is sitting down there every day of the week.

Saorsa
24-11-2011, 08:56 PM
Dinnae forget aboot tam mcourtmaye we've coverd him in the 2 posts above :wink:

ScottB
24-11-2011, 08:58 PM
Been saying this for awhile now.

Since Collins left our sides have been increasingly unfit and error prone. This has to be down to their day to day training.

Time to turf these guys out for me.

alfieboi75
24-11-2011, 09:00 PM

Does your source have a personality problem with Evans?

Billy Whizz
24-11-2011, 09:02 PM
Is Evans not an employee of Hibs rather than a fixed contract person like the Manager etc?

offshorehibby
24-11-2011, 09:19 PM
Been saying this for awhile now.

Since Collins left our sides have been increasingly unfit and error prone. This has to be down to their day to day training.

Time to turf these guys out for me.

In theory the manager should be setting the training and 1st team coaches should be there to carry out the managers routines.

scoopyboy
24-11-2011, 10:12 PM
Is Evans not an employee of Hibs rather than a fixed contract person like the Manager etc?

Not sure about Evans. Stevenson is employed by Hibernian Training Centre (or something similar) but not by Hibernian Football Club if that makes any sense.

Basically he is ring fenced from being sacked because of failures of first team coaching staff.

PeterboroHibee
25-11-2011, 08:33 AM
You can't empty the whole club. You need some continuity

Financially it wouldnt be great to pay off an entire backroom staff, but these guys have been here for a while, maybe they are part of the problem?

Think we should stick by Thomson however, he helped develop quite a few brilliant keepers at United and the mistakes are starting to dry up with our keepers, Stack is playing out of his skin nearly every week!

Also dont think Brown should be forced upon the new manager (whether Fenlon or someone else), if they want their own man in then so be it. I do like BB but really dont think we can afford another managerial failure.