PDA

View Full Version : JJ

jiggerman
06-11-2011, 07:22 PM
I think those opposing JJ need to get real, forget his former allegiances and realise that the current situation is totally different to when Mowbray came in.

I have read some on here mention they want an 'unknown' (and whilst I understand this sentiment to some extent) a la Mowbray. Mogga was blessed with a phenomenal crop of youngsters (anyone ever wander how we weren't more successful with so many coming through at one time?).

JJ knows how to get results in this league, and is proven at motivating a team.

I would not be overly enamoured, think he would face a barrage of abuse should he not turn it around quickly, but ultimately only care for seeing the green and white of Hibernian collecting 3 points every Saturday. If JJ is in the dug out and this is achieved I couldn't care less.

Thats assuming he becomes manager!:thumbsup::greengrin

Green and white
06-11-2011, 07:27 PM
I think those opposing JJ need to get real, forget his former allegiances and realise that the current situation is totally different to when Mowbray came in.

I have read some on here mention they want an 'unknown' (and whilst I understand this sentiment to some extent) a la Mowbray. Mogga was blessed with a phenomenal crop of youngsters (anyone ever wander how we weren't more successful with so many coming through at one time?).

I would not be overly enamoured, think he would face a barrage of abuse should he not turn it around quickly, but ultimately only care for seeing the green and white of Hibernian collecting 3 points every Saturday. If JJ is in the dug out and this is achieved I couldn't care less.

op is drunk

Cropley10
06-11-2011, 07:32 PM

JJ is a Jambo and despises everything about us. It just shows how little our board know about Football to even consider bringing him in. He's proven to be all Plan A no Plan B, soon as Kyle got injured the wheels fell off.

Elephant Stone
06-11-2011, 07:33 PM
JJ is a Jambo and despises everything about us. It just shows how little our board know about Football to even consider bringing him in. He's proven to be all Plan A no Plan B, soon as Kyle got injured the wheels fell off.

Dear Christ :rolleyes:

jiggerman
06-11-2011, 07:40 PM
op is drunk

I have had a celebratory beer!:thumbsup:

That's my honest view - i'll leave the juvenile "he hates Hibs and we hate Hearts and he's played and managed Hearts" banter to the few who seem to be doing it well.

Honestly don't care about the past - we need some SPL know how, ship steadying and WINS.

Anyone who becomes manager of Hibernian FC will get my backing until I think they are taking the club backwards.

Sammy7nil
06-11-2011, 07:41 PM
Dear Christ :rolleyes:

:confused:

He is on record as saying he does not like Hibs and his fav moments are sticking it right up us.

rossf18
06-11-2011, 07:42 PM
What was JJ record like at his latest Hearts stint? Genuinely can not remember.

Springbank
06-11-2011, 07:46 PM

if it looks like YAm, and sounds like YAM, and smells like YAM, and even tastes of YAM, then it's probably YAM

Elephant Stone
06-11-2011, 07:49 PM
:confused:

He is on record as saying he does not like Hibs and his fav moments are sticking it right up us.

Player/manager says that they enjoy beating their arch rivals and they therefore despise everything about us?

fatbloke
06-11-2011, 07:52 PM
If JJ gets the job..... I know his wee brother well good Wallyford man - mibbes he can get me a wee comp now and again:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

horseflesh
06-11-2011, 08:00 PM
[QUOTE=fatbloke;2974596]If JJ gets the job..... I know his wee brother well good Wallyford man - mibbes he can get me a wee comp now and again:greengrin:greengrin:greengrinIf JJ gets the job you dont need to worry about getting comps, you can have my season ticket!

weecounty hibby
06-11-2011, 08:05 PM
Forget the fact that he is a fat Jambo prick. His record at Hearts was what got him his P45. All those folk saying he is a safe pair of hands need to look at his record in recent months.

Jim44
06-11-2011, 08:06 PM
The appointment of FJK would have been laughable a few moths ago. With BB at ER, I'm seriously nervous that he might be considered. If he doesn't get the job, I think BB will be sacked in a couple of weeks if his services are not needed. I doubt if the new man would want him hanging around.

loanheadhibby
06-11-2011, 08:09 PM

Is that the same jj that got hunted from killie cos results were so poor and then from Jan to Aug this year could not buy a win for hearts? No thanks

Cropley10
06-11-2011, 08:20 PM

Finished Third with the leagues third largest wage bill. Team struggled hugely after big Kyle got crocked.

Cropley10
06-11-2011, 08:21 PM
Is that the same jj that got hunted from killie cos results were so poor and then from Jan to Aug this year could not buy a win for hearts? No thanks

That's him. Shows how far we've sunk.

Forthview
06-11-2011, 08:27 PM
No self-respecting Hibs supporter would even consider hiring the fat clot, I wouldnt let him in Leith.
Some posters should be ashamed of themselves for considering him and must be incredibly stupid or naive.
So that's a no from me. Mon the Spartans, Ainslie Park for me if the fat clot even gets an interview.

FifeeHibee
06-11-2011, 10:19 PM
I used to work with JJ (outwith football) and he's a thoroughly decent bloke BUT he's a Jambo through and through. That's enough to rule him out...oh yeah, and his SPL record is as bad as ours!!

DH1875
06-11-2011, 10:30 PM
Said this on another thread but one of my main concerns would be that he would leave us the minute the Yams came calling for him to go back. If he had us winning games and making cup finals it's a sure bet they would.

matty_f
06-11-2011, 10:37 PM
He is about the last man I want to see at Easter Road in charge of us. If, from all of the potential managers out there in the big wide world, Fat Jim Knew is the best our board can come up with, then they need taken outside and shot.

Sir David Gray
06-11-2011, 11:44 PM

P-61
W-25

Win %-41%

That's a win percentage that we could only have dreamt about over the past two years and is up there with John Collins' percentage and we won a cup under him.

His career win percentage as a manager is 40% as well, which isn't bad when he's been in charge for almost 800 matches over 20 years.

Musselbound
07-11-2011, 12:07 AM

A lot better than CC's, that's for sure. But a significant number of fans will just not accept it and for that reason I think it's best to leave him alone. He'd be facing an uphill battle from the start.

Cropley10
07-11-2011, 02:03 PM
P-61
W-25

Win %-41%

That's a win percentage that we could only have dreamt about over the past two years and is up there with John Collins' percentage and we won a cup under him.

His career win percentage as a manager is 40% as well, which isn't bad when he's been in charge for almost 800 matches over 20 years.

41% whilst spending the third highest amount on players. What was his record at Killie? Both Clubs were glad to be shot of him IIRC.

fatbloke
07-11-2011, 02:18 PM
[QUOTE=fatbloke;2974596]If JJ gets the job..... I know his wee brother well good Wallyford man - mibbes he can get me a wee comp now and again:greengrin:greengrin:greengrinIf JJ gets the job you dont need to worry about getting comps, you can have my season ticket!

It's a deal:greengrin

yekimevol
07-11-2011, 02:41 PM
i see the situation as being similar tbh

a failed manager. good youngsters that need guidance (spoony, horner,stephens,galbraith,crawford,booth,towell,le igh,). little cash around the club and no moral. Star players leaving soon when mogga came in doumbe and danny anderson - now gazza will be leaving and leigh is only on loan.

Sir David Gray
08-11-2011, 12:11 AM
41% whilst spending the third highest amount on players. What was his record at Killie? Both Clubs were glad to be shot of him IIRC.

His win percentage at Kilmarnock, over a period of eight years, was 35%.

That's not bad either when you consider that Kilmarnock were, and still are, potless.

Jones28
08-11-2011, 12:14 AM
if it looks like YAm, and sounds like YAM, and smells like YAM, and even tastes of YAM, then it's probably YAM

Have to take your word it mate...incidently, what do Jambos taste like? :greengrin

Jones28
08-11-2011, 12:17 AM
Said this on another thread but one of my main concerns would be that he would leave us the minute the Yams came calling for him to go back. If he had us winning games and making cup finals it's a sure bet they would.

Even a die-hard supporter would not go back to a club that they had been effed over by twice, I think JJ may have a bit more pride than that