PDA

View Full Version : Timing of CC's sacking

Bob Box Fish
06-11-2011, 07:12 PM
Despite being utter guff we are still only 6 pts off fourth.

Whoever comes in could still give us a decent finish .....

blackpoolhibs
06-11-2011, 07:13 PM

I remember this was said last time after punting Hughes.

nortonhibby
06-11-2011, 07:15 PM
I remember this was said last time after punting Hughes.

And so does RP.and he selected him.

Bishop Hibee
06-11-2011, 07:15 PM

Can I have a pint of what you're drinking! I'll settle for a comfortable 8th by Easter with that average bunch.

Hamish
06-11-2011, 07:18 PM
Can I have a pint of what you're drinking! I'll settle for a comfortable 8th by Easter with that average bunch.

But I think this is what the OP is getting at. Compared to the majority of teams in a poor SPL, we have better players in most positions and for some reason or reasons, the past incumbent wasn't getting anything like the best out of them.

HibeeMG
06-11-2011, 07:19 PM
I agree with the OP in a sense.

I'd much rather the decision to sack CC was taken now so that the new man has the best part of a couple of months to work with the squad until the transfer window.

I know all that's been said before and it didn't work out but it still doesn't make it wrong. At least this way there is a small chance that the season won't be a complete failure.

blackpoolhibs
06-11-2011, 07:21 PM
I have no doubt this has been done now, to try and take some of the heat from Petrie and dumb and dumber.

Beefster
06-11-2011, 07:22 PM
But I think this is what the OP is getting at. Compared to the majority of teams in a poor SPL, we have better players in most positions and for some reason or reasons, the past incumbent wasn't getting anything like the best out of them.

I think that's a myth, tbh. There aren't many of them that are better than lower-half SPL quality, as they are proving.

Hibees07
06-11-2011, 07:25 PM
My guess would be that CC was given a target of achieving so many points from the last few games and failed to meet that target.

Listening to his interview after the game on Saturday I got the impression he knew he was going. :agree:

Hamish
06-11-2011, 07:27 PM
I think that's a myth, tbh. There aren't many of them that are better than lower-half SPL quality, as they are proving.

All about opinions, but I think we have some major underperformers in the squad.

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-11-2011, 07:38 PM
Petrie just trying to cover himself before the AGM, I get the feeling he has underestimated just how much the fans think there should be more responsibility for the club in generals shortcomings landing on his shoulders.

JimBHibees
06-11-2011, 07:59 PM

I agree I dont think we are remotely close to decent teams like Motherwell and Utd. Saw Motherwell on tv today and thought they were terrific in terms of moving the ball, passing and as importantly pressing the other team and their commitment, lights years ahead of us IMO.

CentreLine
06-11-2011, 08:11 PM
Petrie just trying to cover himself before the AGM, I get the feeling he has underestimated just how much the fans think there should be more responsibility for the club in generals shortcomings landing on his shoulders.

I don't really think it has anything to do with the timing of the AGM. More to do with the International break allowing time for a replacement to be found and perhaps even for the replacement to have some time with the players prior to the next game

3pm
06-11-2011, 08:20 PM
Anybody half decent who comes in should make us more solid. Should.

Anybody who is half decent will get more out the current bunch - Sproule and Palsson are the first 2 who spring to mind. They may also have an idea how to help guys like Wotherspoon, Hanlon and Stevenson rather than the pish they have had to work with so far.