PDA

View Full Version : Who Do You THINK Will Get The Job?

Mikey
06-11-2011, 05:49 PM
Not who you want. Who you think.

I reckon it'll be Billy Brown.

bingo70
06-11-2011, 05:50 PM
michael o'neill or strachan

Kaiser1962
06-11-2011, 05:51 PM
michael o'neill or strachan

Thankfully we cant afford Strachan. And I am not so sure about MON. (Michael not Martin)

Sammy7nil
06-11-2011, 05:58 PM
Who ever the cheapest option is :wink:

hibsfan7
06-11-2011, 06:01 PM
John collins i hope

Hamish
06-11-2011, 06:03 PM
If BB wants the job I would think he will be offered it.

He might also want to bring in someone like Colin Cameron as assistant, who is doing a great job at Central Park.

Would that be more acceptable to people on here than having JJ as boss?

HNA6
06-11-2011, 06:06 PM
Mixu ..

BEEJ
06-11-2011, 06:07 PM

He might also want to bring in someone like Colin Cameron as assistant, who is doing a great job at Central Park.

ANYTHING would be better than that particular management scenario.

Even bringing Yogi back would be preferable to that - and, believe me when I say, I thought there would never be any set of circumstances in which I would type those words. :Ummm:

Well now I've found one.

NORTHERNHIBBY
06-11-2011, 06:07 PM
I think it will be offered to Jim Jefferies. For money reasons he ticks all the boxes. Not sure football reasons, nor the opinions of the supporters matter.

Barney McGrew
06-11-2011, 06:08 PM
I think it will be offered to Jim Jefferies. For money reasons he ticks all the boxes. Not sure football reasons, nor the opinions of the supporters matter.

I think you're right. There will at least have been contact made with him to sound out if he'd be interested.

silverhibee
06-11-2011, 06:11 PM
I think you're right. There will at least have been contact made with him to sound out if he'd be interested.

:agree:

nortonhibby
06-11-2011, 06:11 PM

Its not rocket science why was CL The ex pbs manager in the directors box at the game, lets think in RP World.

1. No Compo.
2. Cheap Option.
3. No Compo.
4. A Yes Man.
5. No Compo.

He ticks all RPs boxes, till the day before the next AGM 1 year from now.:taxi for RP

pentlando
06-11-2011, 06:13 PM
Billy Stark, was on the shortlist last time iirc, and is doing a good solid job with the u21's, bringing through a lot of young guys to the senior side recently

Hiber-nation
06-11-2011, 06:13 PM

I cannot understand why we would be going cap in hand to someone who's hated Hibs for all his life! Surely to God he won't take it anyway.

Barney McGrew
06-11-2011, 06:14 PM
Its not rocket science why was CL The ex pbs manager in the directors box at the game, lets think in RP World.

1. No Compo.
2. Cheap Option.
3. No Compo.
4. A Yes Man.
5. No Compo.

He ticks all RPs boxes, till the day before the next AGM 1 year from now.:taxi for RP

So were the last two managrers the cheap option when we paid compensation to appoint them?

I'm all for laying blame where it's due, but this 'cheapskate' stuff is just pure fantasy.

Beefster
06-11-2011, 06:18 PM
Billy Stark, was on the shortlist last time iirc, and is doing a good solid job with the u21's, bringing through a lot of young guys to the senior side recently

Billy Stark has done nothing in management and any youngster moving into the senior squad is more down to the development at their club and their ability. Unless we can blame Stark for the halt in the development of Hanlon and Wotherspoon.....

allezsauzee
06-11-2011, 06:23 PM
Jefferies would do a good job for us but you would probably be hard pushed to find less acceptable appointment for Hibs supporters. Harry Potter being the possible exception. I think it might be Paul Cook

HibeeMG

Why don't we go the whole hog and get Gary Locke as fitness coach, Gary MacKay as PR officer and Stevie Fulton to model the new strips! :jamboak:

Hibercelona
I cannot understand why we would be going cap in hand to someone who's hated Hibs for all his life! Surely to God he won't take it anyway.

In all fairness though, how often has somebody who has apparently "loved Hibs all their life" actually done something worth while at the club?

I'd hate to see JJ in the home dugout at ER, but could having somebody at the club who doesn't have a love-in for Hibs possibley make the kind of impact we're looking for?

Green and white
06-11-2011, 06:26 PM
If JJ gets the job then I'm away to support Largs Thistle.

Billy Whizz
06-11-2011, 06:29 PM

I honestly don't think Petrie is even that daft

Hibee87
06-11-2011, 06:30 PM

well from what i heard 2 weeks ago its Billy Brown, im actually surprised it has taken so long to sack ccas i thought it would have happened when i know for fact that the board were talking about his departure before the motherwell game.

not saying im over the moon with this but the only way that BB wont get the job is if he says no.

Hiber-nation
06-11-2011, 06:32 PM
In all fairness though, how often has somebody who has apparently "loved Hibs all their life" actually done something worth while at the club?

I'd hate to see JJ in the home dugout at ER, but could having somebody at the club who doesn't have a love-in for Hibs possibley make the kind of impact we're looking for?

Yeah but I'm not bothered about how "Hibs-minded" the new manager is - I don't think it really matters whether or not its an ex-player or fan. CC's record was awful and he had no Hibs connections. I object to the appointment of someone who's been hearts through and through all their life and doesn't appear to have any reasonable credentials other than being recommended by Billy Brown. JJ isn't just any old ex-hearts manager.

SRHibs
06-11-2011, 06:33 PM

****ing hope not. How about we get a manager that isn't untested, and has a half decent track record. Would make a nice change.

Think Michael O'Neill is the most likely candidate. He was in the running for the St Johnstone job was he not? Maybe he knew a better opportunity was going to arise imminently, and he never went for that job as a result...

Scorrie
06-11-2011, 06:35 PM
The odds are up on Paddy Power website:

Michael O Neill 2/1
JJ 4/1
Stark 6/1
Billy Davies 8/1

Other interesting odds:

Hartley 14/1
Jimmy Calderwood 16/1
Steve Clark 16/1
John Collins 20/1
Henrik Larsson 20/1

Jim Gannon 33/1
Yogi 66/1

West Upper
06-11-2011, 06:39 PM
I think it will be Michael O'Neill.

nortonhibby
06-11-2011, 06:40 PM
The odds are up on Paddy Power website:

Michael O Neill 2/1
JJ 4/1
Stark 6/1
Billy Davies 8/1

Other interesting odds:

Hartley 14/1
Jimmy Calderwood 16/1
Steve Clark 16/1
John Collins 20/1
Henrik Larsson 20/1

Jim Gannon 33/1
Yogi 66/1

Yogi is no working so no compo worth a quid bet ? no MO looks a stick on fur me.:flag:

Hibby D
06-11-2011, 06:40 PM

I'm with you. Let's car share :taxi

I won't be disappointed if BB is given a few weeks to show what he can do with total autonomy.

It will also give the RP some breathing space to decide whether he should fall on his sword

edwards
06-11-2011, 06:42 PM
Micheal O'Neill

Out of contract and hasn't signed a new one with Shamrock yet simples

nortonhibby
06-11-2011, 06:42 PM
well from what i heard 2 weeks ago its Billy Brown, im actually surprised it has taken so long to sack ccas i thought it would have happened when i know for fact that the board were talking about his departure before the motherwell game.

not saying im over the moon with this but the only way that BB wont get the job is if he says no.

he ticks boxes, he is cheap, no compo, experienced, yip this could be RPs call.

edwards
06-11-2011, 06:44 PM
he ticks boxes, he is cheap, no compo, experienced, yip this could be RPs call.

You are startin to think like petrie get a grip and think outside the box no danger will Billy Brown get the job.

GreenPJ
06-11-2011, 06:53 PM

Money and football reasons and opinions of the supporters are all linked. Do you honestly believe that the board would genuinely only appoint someone on costs grounds but with no consideration of footballing ability? If we appointed another dud its only more money down the drain so how is that in the interests of the board.

mister cheeky
06-11-2011, 06:54 PM
Would Michael o'neill be the answer? The Hibs connection as a player hasn't worked in recent appointments

hailhail22
06-11-2011, 07:01 PM
Why don't we go the whole hog and get Gary Locke as fitness coach, Gary MacKay as PR officer and Stevie Fulton to model the new strips! :jamboak:

Fulton to model the new strips hahahahahahaha

DH1875
06-11-2011, 09:25 PM
Say Fat Jim took the job. Would it not be the main worry that he ducked off back to the Yams the minute they came calling for him? Sure fire if he had us winning games every weeks and making cup semis, finals they would.

connerg
06-11-2011, 09:29 PM
I cannot understand why we would be going cap in hand to someone who's hated Hibs for all his life! Surely to God he won't take it anyway. :top marksI would be crapping myself at the first derby!