PDA

View Full Version : Home Crowd for next game?

DJ HIBBY
06-11-2011, 05:32 PM
Be interesting to see the attendance for the next home game, will it be much improved?

Bob Box Fish
06-11-2011, 05:47 PM
Depends who gets it.

Cropley10
06-11-2011, 05:49 PM
If JJ or Csaba get it then you can count me out.

Cocaine&Caviar
06-11-2011, 05:50 PM

Mangers who BOTH got Hearts to 3rd place in their last full seasons in charge?

Billy Whizz
06-11-2011, 05:50 PM

and me and around 5,000 others

Elephant Stone
06-11-2011, 05:55 PM
and me and around 5,000 others

I'd hope there aren't 5000 others who hate Hearts more than they love Hibs. Your priorities are all wrong.

fife hfc
06-11-2011, 06:05 PM
I will be back:agree: I lost interest last season and did not renew my season ticket and after Hibs start and the fact Calderwood never looked like he wanted to be here made me vow not to return until he was sacked. Now lets get behind the new manager whoever it is and I for one would be happy with jeffries.

Billy Whizz
06-11-2011, 06:08 PM
I'd hope there aren't 5000 others who hate Hearts more than they love Hibs. Your priorities are all wrong.

I go to every game home and away and I don't want Jefferies anywhere near ER

Elephant Stone
06-11-2011, 06:11 PM
I go to every game home and away and I don't want Jefferies anywhere near ER

All the more reason to stick around, why let your feelings for them keep you away? If he's capable of doing a good job, which he probably is, then you'd be missing out aswell.

Billy Whizz
06-11-2011, 06:12 PM
All the more reason to stick around, why let your feelings for them keep you away? If he's capable of doing a good job, which he probably is, then you'd be missing out aswell.

Are you on the wind up?

Elephant Stone
06-11-2011, 06:14 PM
Are you on the wind up?

If anyone's on the windup here it's got to be you. You go to every Hibs game, home and away, and would let the fact that our manager used to manage Hearts keep you away from all that? You really hate Hearts that much?

Billy Whizz
06-11-2011, 06:18 PM
I presume you'll want him to bring Gary Mackay and Gary Locke along with him

Kaiser1962
06-11-2011, 06:21 PM
Be interesting to see the attendance for the next home game, will it be much improved?

All the folk who said they would never be back till CC was gone should now return. Get there early as it should be a bumper crowd.

Elephant Stone
06-11-2011, 06:21 PM
I presume you'll want him to bring Gary Mackay and Gary Locke along with him

Then you're wrong.

Kaiser1962
06-11-2011, 06:22 PM

Now that would be a tester.

northgreen24
06-11-2011, 06:22 PM
Mangers who BOTH got Hearts to 3rd place in their last full seasons in charge?
JH got us to 4th but that dosent make him a good manager

hailhail22
06-11-2011, 06:33 PM
If anyone's on the windup here it's got to be you. You go to every Hibs game, home and away, and would let the fact that our manager used to manage Hearts keep you away from all that? You really hate Hearts that much?

:top marks I hate hearts but couldnt care if JJ is next manager, I cant believe theres some people who would give up watching there football club because of somthing like that, If weve got a winning team on the park I couldnt care where the manager has come from if hes doing the job for us then great, Fair enough everyone is entitled to there own opinion and act on there feelings but that to me is crazy.

blackpoolhibs
06-11-2011, 06:36 PM
If they get the right man, crowds will rise. Appoint JJ and we will see crowds dip even further, call it cutting your nose off to spite your face if you want, but thats the facts as i see it.

We need a man who will galvanise the club, not split it further.

Hibercelona
06-11-2011, 06:39 PM
We've just sacked a manager that wasn't fully devoted to the club. How devoted do people think JJ would be if he came here?

He'd be about as devoted to us as John Hughes would be if he went to Hearts!

Feed McGraw
06-11-2011, 06:53 PM

Come on mate get real, this is football rivalry we are talking about here, with a lot of history involved . Did you see the commotion down in Birmingham when McLeish was appointed Villa manager, when his ONLY connection to their rivals was to have managed them ?

Jefferies has/does support Hearts, played for, captained and managed them TWICE ! He bleeds maroon and good luck to him, that`s his club. Even he`ll know he can`t manage Hibs and how anyone with Hibs and a knowledge of the game in their system can think he can is totally beyond me.

Elephant Stone
06-11-2011, 06:56 PM
Come on mate get real, this is football rivalry we are talking about here, with a lot of history involved . Did you see the commotion down in Birmingham when McLeish was appointed Villa manager, when his ONLY connection to their rivals was to have managed them ?

Jefferies has/does support Hearts, played for, captained and managed them TWICE ! He bleeds maroon and good luck to him, that`s his club. Even he`ll know he can`t manage Hibs and how anyone with Hibs and a knowledge of the game in their system can think he can is totally beyond me.

If I thought that would compromise his ability to do the job then I wouldn't be as keen but at the moment what we need is s tried and tested set of hands and JJ fits the bill. He's not my first choice but this hysteria is well over the top, his Hearts affinity is definitely off putting initially but if he was able to have us performing-and I think he is able- then I honestly couldn't care.

GreenPJ
06-11-2011, 06:58 PM

What are Villa fans saying about McLeish now. You support a club for who they are, as soon as the hatred of another team overtakes the support of your club its all gone wrong. Am not saying I want JJ but if he was appointed he would be doing everything in his power to win every game I have no doubt. That is surely shared with every Hibs supporter.

calumhibee1
06-11-2011, 07:05 PM
I'd be happy with Bin Laden as manager as long as we were playing good football and winning games.

Feed McGraw
06-11-2011, 07:13 PM
What are Villa fans saying about McLeish now. You support a club for who they are, as soon as the hatred of another team overtakes the support of your club its all gone wrong. Am not saying I want JJ but if he was appointed he would be doing everything in his power to win every game I have no doubt. That is surely shared with every Hibs supporter.

It`s not hatred in the true sense of the word but in a football sense IMHO it`s that "hatred" that makes the game what it is.
With your argument we could have the whole Hearts backroom staff, maybe even change the colour of the strips, doesn`t matter as long as we are still called Hibs.

Anyway, apart from all of that, is there not dozens, if not hundreds, of better candidates out there ? Why should the already multi- stressed Hibs support have to come to terms with him at the helm , he`s nothing special anyway and is surely thinking about retirement now he`s in his sixties`.

iwasthere1972
06-11-2011, 07:23 PM
I'd be happy with Bin Laden as manager as long as we were playing good football and winning games.

Bookies stopped accepting bets on him being manager about 6 months ago. :wink:

I couldn't care who manages the club next whether it by FJK, Walter Smith, Ally McCoist, Neil Lennon or the tooth fairy. What's important is that we start to see vast improvements on the pitch and our attendances getting back to what they were a few years ago.

Rougier45
06-11-2011, 07:39 PM
If JJ was a certain to be successful fine - give him the job

But the fat jambo ain't a certain to be winning and if he failed the anti board sentiment would go through the roof

We can't afford any more mistakes. - Gordon Strachan is my name for the job and if he fails RP won't get the blame

It's his job if he wants it - 5time will tell

Elephant Stone
06-11-2011, 07:45 PM
If JJ was a certain to be successful fine - give him the job

But the fat jambo ain't a certain to be winning and if he failed the anti board sentiment would go through the roof

We can't afford any more mistakes. - Gordon Strachan is my name for the job and if he fails RP won't get the blame

It's his job if he wants it - 5time will tell

Why? What's he done other than at Celtic, where let's face it, it's not that difficult to win most of your games.

LeithBoozy
06-11-2011, 07:48 PM
JJ, The Hearts have not long kicked his erse out the door, because he did not have a clue and that was with him having a budget 10 times ours.

Northernhibee
06-11-2011, 07:59 PM
Some of the names being thrown around really concern me.

John Hartson - yes, good player, but we want a good manager.

FFS, PLEASE for once let the board show a bit of ambition. I only see crowds decreasing if we don't.

SquashedFrogg
06-11-2011, 08:00 PM

21,000? :agree:

SquashedFrogg
06-11-2011, 08:01 PM
Some of the names being thrown around really concern me.

John Hartson - yes, good player, but we want a good manager.

FFS, PLEASE for once let the board show a bit of ambition. I only see crowds decreasing if we don't.

TM wasn't a manager when we appointed him?
Edit: Neither was Collins?

Tricla
06-11-2011, 08:08 PM

:top marks

Fat Hertz ****

Tricla
06-11-2011, 08:12 PM
JJ, The Hearts have not long kicked his erse out the door, because he did not have a clue and that was with him having a budget 10 times ours.

Why the sudden love in for the tubby Yam bint?

Tricla
06-11-2011, 08:23 PM

No idea but they've won the same amount of games as us this season so I can't imagine the Villa faithful being too elated following his appointment from their biggest rivals.

Albion Hibs
06-11-2011, 08:29 PM
It will be interesting to see. Plenty on here claimed they would not be back till CC was gone, lets see if they keep there word, if they do then we should notice an increase in the crowd for the killie game. I would imagine others will wait till we are winning every game or of course get to a final.

Interesting to see that some have already laid down what managers they wont come back to see.

SquashedFrogg
06-11-2011, 08:32 PM

Fat Hertz ****

Doof?

Question? Where have we been in the last 10 years?

Maybe I'm getting old but we have to stop fantasising about this 'fictitious' manager who hasn't played for, managed, watched, talked about, heard of' any other team other than us.

In my lifetime an ex hun and an ex tim have won us a trophy. Why can't an ex yam do the same?

Honestly, people want to get a grip...

I'd quite happily have a fat Hertz **** win us a trophy :agree:

SquashedFrogg
06-11-2011, 08:39 PM

Why the sudden love in for the tubby Yam bint?

Dude, I know what you're saying here but we never beat them under cc?

SquashedFrogg
06-11-2011, 08:40 PM
No idea but they've won the same amount of games as us this season so I can't imagine the Villa faithful being too elated following his appointment from their biggest rivals.

Obviously you have no idea? Just out of curiosity, how long have you been watching Hibs? Or football for that matter?

SquashedFrogg
06-11-2011, 08:45 PM
It will be interesting to see. Plenty on here claimed they would not be back till CC was gone, lets see if they keep there word, if they do then we should notice an increase in the crowd for the killie game. I would imagine others will wait till we are winning every game or of course get to a final.

Interesting to see that some have already laid down what managers they wont come back to see.

:agree:

I'd expect 35,000 or 5,000

or somewhere in between?

It's either Pep, Jose, Micky Weir or Gandhi?

Tricla
06-11-2011, 08:58 PM
Doof?

Question? Where have we been in the last 10 years?

Maybe I'm getting old but we have to stop fantasising about this 'fictitious' manager who hasn't played for, managed, watched, talked about, heard of' any other team other than us.

In my lifetime an ex hun and an ex tim have won us a trophy. Why can't an ex yam do the same?

Honestly, people want to get a grip...

I'd quite happily have a fat Hertz **** win us a trophy :agree:

Not fantasizing about a fictitious manager at all mate. Neither am I getting a boner about a 60+ year old ex Hertz twunt who HATES our club to it's core.

Dude, I know what you're saying here but we never beat them under cc?

And Jeffries will be champing at the bit to sort this will he?

Obviously you have no idea? Just out of curiosity, how long have you been watching Hibs? Or football for that matter?

Not answering this.

:agree:

I'd expect 35,000 or 5,000

or somewhere in between?

It's either Pep, Jose, Micky Weir or Gandhi?

Nor this as it doesn't make sense.

flash
07-11-2011, 07:41 AM
Maybe Michael Stewart back as captain too.
Are there no depths of embarassment too deep for us when it comes to Hertz?
We shouldnt even be discussing jumbo as the slightest possibility.