PDA

View Full Version : O'Neill/Sven/Hartson/Strachan/Jeffries /Kano/Weir/Redknap/Souness/Martinez & more

Pages : [1] 2

God Petrie
06-11-2011, 06:05 PM
Hope the phone call has already been made.

MotherSuperior
06-11-2011, 06:08 PM
Is anyone knowledgeable to what style Michael O'Neil likes his team's to play?

jodjam
06-11-2011, 06:09 PM
i've met MO'N on a couple occasions and done my first coaching bagde with him. He stil owns property in Haymarket and Morningside and mentioned that his wife would love to settle in Edinburgh. This was about this time last year he said this and i wonder if his career is now on to much of an upward curve to consider Hibs.

Billy Whizz
06-11-2011, 06:10 PM
Hopefully with the skill and aggression he had as a player.
He also had a nasty streak

HIBERNIAN-0762
06-11-2011, 06:11 PM
No thanks!, has no experience in management in Scottish football, Strachan please!

SneakersO'Toole
06-11-2011, 06:12 PM
Would defintely take him.

Stew the Hibee
06-11-2011, 06:13 PM
No thanks!, has no experience in management in Scottish football, Strachan please!

Ironic really, considering our best managers in the past 10 years have had no experience of management in Scottish Football

bingo70
06-11-2011, 06:13 PM

yes he does

hibiedude
06-11-2011, 06:14 PM

Hope Not

Dashing Bob S
06-11-2011, 06:15 PM
Is anyone knowledgeable to what style Michael O'Neil likes his team's to play?

Attack-minded, but hard working and competitive in the midfield and well organized defensively. He's a good motivator, planner and likes to give young players a chance to shine. He had Rovers playing nice football but they also had a much higher work rate than the other LOI clubs. He seems to get players wanting to play for him. My only concern would be how he would be accepted/handle seasoned pros.

I'd say more McLeish than Mowbray.

I seriously doubt he'd come here as he's enough on his CV to wait till January and get a post in England, but he may see it as the next step.

truehibernian
06-11-2011, 06:16 PM
Lovely guy, met him a few years ago when he was with Mixu of all people.

I'd love to see a Pressley, Brown and Boozy dream team, with Nid taking on coaching duties too.

Sunny1875
06-11-2011, 06:16 PM
He likes his team to play a winning style

go to Shamrocks page and you can see video's of their games

MotherSuperior
06-11-2011, 06:17 PM
Attack-minded, but hard working and competitive in the midfield and well organized defensively. He's a good motivator, planner and likes to give young players a chance to shine. He had Rovers playing nice football but they also had a much higher work rate than the other LOI clubs. He seems to get players wanting to play for him. My only concern would be how he would be accepted/handle seasoned pros.

I seriously doubt he'd come here as he's enough on his CV to wait till January and get a post in England, but he may see it as the next step.

Cheers mate!!

Sammy7nil
06-11-2011, 06:20 PM

That is a wind up right ?
seasoned pro's we have none we have a team of jokers

Dashing Bob S
06-11-2011, 06:24 PM
That is a wind up right ?
seasoned pro's we have none we have a team of jokers

:faf: Yes, we have Hibs specialities: a load of deluded nutters who think they are far better than they are.

Making the point that Rovers are/were quite a young team.

lucky
06-11-2011, 06:31 PM
Not my first choice but certainly better opition than FJK

Thecat23
06-11-2011, 06:32 PM
I posted this today on the private message board. JJ will be getting offered the job according to someone within the club. Not saying he will take it and I didnt want to post on here till CC was gone. But the guy who told me was 100% genuine and believes a deal may be done soon.

I want Davies for the record, but would take JJ.

Captain Trips
06-11-2011, 06:34 PM
I think we need a manager whom firstly on paper has a good record and we should make sure he is well paid due to his previous work, if Gordon Strachan was appointed that would meet the criteria I feel is needed if it didnt work I would not blame board for that appointment.

SteveHFC
06-11-2011, 06:34 PM
I said this on PM forum earlier. I don't care who the manager is as long as we start winning games.

God Petrie
06-11-2011, 06:35 PM
NO

MartinfaePorty
06-11-2011, 06:36 PM
Can't imagine they would offer him the job if they thought there was any way he would turn it down. If he did the club would look even more ridiculous, if that's possible. For what it's worth, it's a no from me.

Northernhibee
06-11-2011, 06:36 PM
I'm desperate enough for Hibs to become a winning team again that I'd take Fat Jim as gaffer.

Andy74
06-11-2011, 06:37 PM
He'd probably do okay but at this time we need someone to get behind and pull everyone together. We don't need another Bobby W who will just about do the job but drive more people away.

Dashing Bob S
06-11-2011, 06:38 PM
I don't want him anywhere near ER.

Elephant Stone
06-11-2011, 06:39 PM
I said this on PM forum earlier. I don't care who manager the is as long as we start winning games.

:agree:

Are the folk who are so heavily opposed worried about Jefferies' record or just the fact that he has played for and managed the pink team?

blackpoolhibs
06-11-2011, 06:40 PM
He cant get the job, would the smellies appoint Ally McCoist?

Bad Martini
06-11-2011, 06:40 PM
Said it before the useless arse was given the job that he was no good. I was right.

Also suggested someone like Jeffries would do a job as would have, someone like Brewster.

If we can take previous Huns I'm sure an ex yam with a point to prove could do a job.

**** popularity. We need a manager who can actually MANAGE. A string of failed ex-players has failed except John Collins has not worked.

Fat jim is not the worst name I've heard. Ex yam or not.

Roy Aitken . No thanks. Other ex players...no thanks.

GET SOMEONE WHO CAN MANAGE A FITBA TEAM PROPERLY AND NOT JUST THE CHEAP OR POPULAR OPTION PETRIE...OTHERWISE **** OFF AND LET SOMEONE ELSE RUN THE CLUB.

ENDOF

Green&White
06-11-2011, 06:41 PM
I was told by a very reliable ex employee of hearts that he was told on wed by Gary Locke that JJ was going to be new boss. Didn't beleve it at time coz Gary locke is a fanny but more believable now I'm afriad to say

Saorsa
That fat h****s **** better get naewhere near the Hibs managers job.

Elephant Stone

Since when did Celtc lead the way in setting standards?

Thecat23
I think JJ would do alright. But one defeat against the yams the fans would be coming out with all sorts of rubbish. He wouldn't get any time either.

Sammy7nil

:top marks:top marks:top marks

Westie1875
06-11-2011, 06:42 PM

Ditto

Hibees07
06-11-2011, 06:43 PM
I don't have a problem getting JJ in short term to see if he can steady the ship.

All I care about is a manager who can get a winning team on the park and if that person is JJ then so be it.

If JJ does come in I am sure he will be determined to put one over Mr Romanov and prove he made a mistake turfing him. :agree:

DaveF
I think this is nothing more than a wind up - no offence to the OP - as giving him the job would tear apart an already volatile support.

So no, I cannot see this one happening.

blackpoolhibs
Since when did Celtc lead the way in setting standards?

I never said they did, but some people just cant manage some clubs, and he's one. He'd split the support more than it is now FFS.

The Falcon
06-11-2011, 06:45 PM
I'm not so sure this is correct.

I am prepared for the "FJK was offered the job but didnt/wouldnt take it and thats another slap in the face for Petrie" thread starting. Would also be a handy get for those saying he's about to offered the job and prove they are still ITK.

On the other hand if he does get offered it and does take it it will really be the end of my belief that any of them (players or managers) had one iota of loyalty left in their mercenary bodies.

Covering my bases as well :greengrin

Elephant Stone
06-11-2011, 06:46 PM
I never said they did, but some people just cant manage some clubs, and he's one. He'd split the support more than it is now FFS.

If he got the team winning then people would come round very quickly. If we're going to start dismissing prospective managers based on how much we disliked their old employers rather than merit we're even more of a joke of a club than we currently seem. He's not my first choice but this hysteria about him being ex- Hearts is bloody pathetic.

Northernhibee
06-11-2011, 06:47 PM
I don't have a problem getting JJ in short term to see if he can steady the ship.

All I care about is a manager who can get a winning team on the park and if that person is JJ then so be it.

If JJ does come in I am sure he will be determined to put one over Mr Romanov and prove he made a mistake turfing him. :agree:

I always thought that JJ and BB did an incredible job getting any kind of performance on the pitch considering the antics of Mad Vlad - all I want is a Hibernian team to win football matches at a better ratio than one in four.

I didn't think I'd ever say this, but if it's a choice of Michael O'Neill, Roy ****ing Aitken or JJ, I'd take fat Jim with a point to prove.

Sean1875
Jesus no. Dont want that man anywhere near my club.

Sammy7nil
I think this is nothing more than a wind up - no offence to the OP - as giving him the job would tear apart an already volatile support.

:top marks:top marks:top marks

Kaiser1962
06-11-2011, 06:48 PM

Totally agree with you. Nothing whatsoever to do with his ability.

500miles
06-11-2011, 06:48 PM
Willie McCartney was the man behind us putting together the famous five. That was after a 16 year stewardship at Hearts.

If JJ get's the job, some folk really need to get over themselves.

johnrebus
06-11-2011, 06:49 PM
I posted this today on the private message board. JJ will be getting offered the job according to someone within the club. Not saying he will take it and I didnt want to post on here till CC was gone. But the guy who told me was 100% genuine and believes a deal may be done soon.

Why not JJ?

We have already lost 40% of our support. Maybe Petrie wants to finish us off completely?

Craig_in_Prague
The fact we've already got BB, I would not be surprised if they now offered JJ.

Dashing Bob would need to surely create more BB diaries :agree: :thumbsup:

In all seriousness I'd rather we went for M O'Neil, Strachan or Davies.
But I could see JJ getting the side more organised and harder working, but he'd need results pretty quickly.

SquashedFrogg
Said it before the useless arse was given the job that he was no good. I was right.

Also suggested someone like Jeffries would do a job as would have, someone like Brewster.

If we can take previous Huns I'm sure an ex yam with a point to prove could do a job.

**** popularity. We need a manager who can actually MANAGE. A string of failed ex-players has failed except John Collins has not worked.

GET SOMEONE WHO CAN MANAGE A FITBA TEAM PROPERLY AND NOT JUST THE CHEAP OR POPULAR OPTION PETRIE...OTHERWISE **** OFF AND LET SOMEONE ELSE RUN THE CLUB.

ENDOF

Agree. I really don't think we can go down the same old route we always do as fans by ruling everyone out if they've played for the huns or yams.

I want someone who will shake the team up and get us winning. If that man happens to JJ then he'll do for me :agree:

Billy Whizz
Willie McCartney was the man behind us putting together the famous five. That was after a 16 year stewardship at Hearts.

Don't want him anywhere need ER. He bleeds Hearts

We need a Manager who will unite the club, not divide us even further

cabbageandribs1875
06-11-2011, 06:50 PM

been thinking that myself, petrie might be a nawty man and got things wrong, but he's not totally freakin stupid

lucky
06-11-2011, 06:50 PM
Not for me. But to be fair he has been involved in two of my best days as a Hibs fans 6-2 game and CIS cup final. I would go for Jimmy Calderwood

Thecat23
06-11-2011, 06:51 PM

No offense taken, but this was from someone at the club and well respected. Even I was shocked.

Thecat23
06-11-2011, 06:51 PM

No offense taken, but this was from someone at the club and well respected. Even I was shocked.

dirtydirk
06-11-2011, 06:56 PM
Has an interview tomorrow

Alfred E Newman
06-11-2011, 06:58 PM
I think we need a manager whom firstly on paper has a good record and we should make sure he is well paid due to his previous work, if Gordon Strachan was appointed that would meet the criteria I feel is needed if it didnt work I would not blame board for that appointment.

I would accept O`Neil but if he turned things around how long would he be here before he was tempted away to greater things? The likes of Strachan would be less likely to jump ship at the first oppertunity.

brog
06-11-2011, 06:58 PM
I have absolutely no problem with Hibs appointing an ex Yam player or manager but I do have a problem with JJ. Nothing to do with his background, purely on his ability. He did a decent job at Yams & at Killie but he's now about 60 years old & hardly in the van of the modern approach to football. Add in the fact that his honeymoon period would be shorter than Kim K's & his appointment would be a disaster. I feel similarly about Roy Aitken & I'm not thrilled at thought of Billy Davies. I really have a problem with people who say "we're team ", as DBS would affirm good grammar should be a hallmark of a Hibernian Manager! :greengrin My top 3, in no particular order would be O'Neill ( Michael :wink: ) Butcher or Strachan, not sure of feasibility of last named.

frazeHFC
06-11-2011, 06:59 PM
:grr:

Holmesdale Hibs
06-11-2011, 07:00 PM
A couple of weeks ago I said no chance. Now the more I think about it the more I can see it happening.

I'd rather not have FJK, partly because of the jambo connections but also because I'm not totally convinced by his record. Was he not close to the sack (or get the sack) from Killie before joining hearts?

Like most (?) Hibs fans I could get over the jambo-ness IF he did a good job but it would be hard to take if we didn't improve.

Hibercelona
06-11-2011, 07:01 PM

Personally I think he only signed an application for McDonalds so he could get a free burger and chips at lunch time.

Ozyhibby
Hope he is at least asked if he is interested.

nortonhibby
Jefferies Get Tae F uck

that fat git can GTF The crowds will be down big time if that jambo get gets the gig RP YOU CAN ALSO GTF

SquashedFrogg
:grr:

Why so upset?

No one can predict who's the best man for the job. He'd certainly get them pumped up

Keep an open mind. Just out of curiosity, who do you want?

chriswood1401

Aye, maybe for a job at McDonalds.

chriswood1401
06-11-2011, 07:02 PM
Damn, beat to it!!

Hibercelona
Aye, maybe for a job at McDonalds.

:greengrin

hibee92
naw.

RoxburghHibs
06-11-2011, 07:03 PM

:top marks:top marks

hibee92
06-11-2011, 07:03 PM
yes please :agree:

nortonhibby
06-11-2011, 07:04 PM
Na even RP Is not that stupid move on nothing to see here daft post.:flag:

Emerald
06-11-2011, 07:04 PM
Strachan for me, loads of experience and success at a high level, and not looking for a stepping stone to the old firm. He is a hibs man and would probably be happy here. The only thing is his interviews, but after CC anything is an improvement.

jst1875
06-11-2011, 07:05 PM
shortly before bb was appointed he was spotted in the directors box during a home game .....
guess who was in the directors box yesterday ?

:worried:

dirtydirk
I don't post much in this and I wouldn't just make a random comment

fat freddy
hearts once appointed one of hibs greatest ever players as their manager...willie ormond.

if a manager is good enough the previous posts he's held shouldn't get in the way of him doing a decent job.

jefferies isn't an ideal choice but he would steady the ship in the short term and help us avoid relegation which has to be viewed as our priority at the moment.

Springbank
06-11-2011, 07:06 PM
Hope he is at least asked if he is interested.

I like the way you've phrased this.

What's to lose by asking if there's interest.

I hope Michael O'Neill and Billy Davies are asked too, personally.

frazeHFC
Why so upset?

No one can predict who's the best man for the job. He'd certainly get them pumped up

Keep an open mind. Just out of curiosity, who do you want?

We haven't exactly done too great with inexperienced managers of late. I want someone with experience.

Hiber-nation
shortly before bb was appointed he was spotted in the directors box during a home game .....

Rod might be doing a poor job but he's no that stupid!

Elephant Stone
32% win rate at Coventry, 35% at Southampton and 28% at Middlesbrough. No, ta!

just_joe
06-11-2011, 07:07 PM
I really don't know much about O'Neil as a manager as I dont follow Irish Football so i can't really judge him but I personally would prefer if Petrie took his time to find the right one. No really much point rushing into things as hopefully BB can be given a wee chance.

hibsbollah

Thats crazy madness. They do say we all become what we despise.

nortonhibby
I like the way you've phrased this.

What's to lose by asking if there's interest.

I hope Michael O'Neill and Billy Davies are asked too, personally.

Good calls but to expensive no way RP Would sanction these guys.

Hibercelona
Another Hibby isn't the answer.

Besides, his record down in England has been shambolic.

nic81
06-11-2011, 07:08 PM
32% win rate at Coventry, 35% at Southampton and 28% at Middlesbrough. No, ta!:top marks

Yep i cant understand why some folk on here are so excited at him becoming our next manager!!

BEEJ
06-11-2011, 07:08 PM

Csaba Laszlo.

hibiedude
06-11-2011, 07:09 PM

Hartson recent health scare would rule him out :confused: would it NOT

Bishop Hibee
Can't see it. We'll be playing even more hoofball than at present. I don't want that fat joke anywhere near the Hibs managers job. I'll still go I suppose but it'll be an all time low for a once proud club.

We can do a lot better than that has-been. Michael O'Neil or Billy Davis for example. I'd rather Billy Brown was given the job permanently to be honest than FJK.

J-C
JJ won't take the job if offered, too much history between him and the club

fatbloke

At this precise moment - yes!:greengrin

Dr Jimmy
This would be the straw that broke the camels back and as said earlier, Petrie Is not that daft.

Sylar
06-11-2011, 07:10 PM
No, he doesn't.

one day maybe...
06-11-2011, 07:11 PM
Well its a no for me as regards JJ, the same can be said for Tango Jimmy, no thankyou Hibs. But who ever it is that gets the job has a huge task on there hands. That for me is the saddest thing about Hibs at the moment, we have went nowhere in the last 4 years since winning that cup. Everything has been put in place for this club to be successful, but if we have shirkers and players who are not committed to the cause, its like driving a bus blind folded, we will continue crash...

Who would i like to see get it perhaps Billy Davies, that would be an interesting one. Derek Adams may be asked back.

Sunny1875
06-11-2011, 07:11 PM

Yes but we have more class than the smellies

SquashedFrogg
06-11-2011, 07:12 PM
Sven has already been asked...

Not to ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, to apply for the job!

EK_Hibs
06-11-2011, 07:13 PM
No thanks..... NEXT!

DarlingtonHibee
06-11-2011, 07:13 PM
yes please :agree:

No thank you...

offshorehibby
06-11-2011, 07:14 PM
O'Neil for me. Where has Strachan been a good manager - nowhere

Hamish
JJ won't take the job if offered, too much history between him and the club

Correct I would imagine. It would be akin to George Graham when he got the Spurs job. I was down a few times at the Lane and anytime Spurs went a goal down, lost a game etc, it was 'Get the ****nal ******* out now' and other expletives about his time at Highbury.

Can you imagine our patient support if JJ was appointed, the crowd on Jan 2 if we were say, 2 or 3 down with half an hour left? :greengrin

Jefferies would be a fool to take it to my mind

cabbageandribs1875
can i just add, if fjk was asked to take over i would like to think that the conversation would be thus

petrie: would you like to be our new manager jim

jim: naw...gtf u hobo ****

THEN i will finally give the fat yamboid **** just that little single ounce of respect :aok: some people on here have either short memories, or too young to know, but fjk could write a book about all the derogatory remarks he's made about our club/team over the course of his managerial career :aok: he quite simply has no class, certainly no morals(in the hertz shop when he got a call...aye RIGHT) and a bitter tw@t whenever we have beaten one of his teams....jefferies GTF

andudare2
06-11-2011, 07:15 PM
[QUOTE=500miles;2974232]Willie McCartney was the man behind us putting together the famous five. That was after a 16 year stewardship at Hearts.

If JJ get's the job, some folk really need to get over themselves.[/QUOTE not likely to ever be of that or anywhere near that standard again,however if jj did get the gig the most important thing would be results, not previous loyalties. guy has proved many times in the past he knows how to manage a football team so if it was to be him,although reluctantly he would get my vote/support, greater good & all that!:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

Nuitdelune
We are becoming a laughing stock -- that is the saddest thing

BEEJ
If he got the team winning then people would come round very quickly. If we're going to start dismissing prospective managers based on how much we disliked their old employers rather than merit we're even more of a joke of a club than we currently seem. He's not my first choice but this hysteria about him being ex- Hearts is bloody pathetic.

What I don't get is this firm belief that JJ would be successful in addressing the current malaise at ER and that therefore he is the only credible managerial option available to take over the helm.

Just how desperate does a football club have to be to go down this route? :rolleyes:

Judas Iscariot
Hartson?! Hope no, he's a utter bellend..

Elephant Stone
06-11-2011, 07:16 PM
This thread's a mess. There's comments about Strachan and Sven under O'Neill.

Kaiser1962
06-11-2011, 07:16 PM
Good calls but to expensive no way RP Would sanction these guys.

Change that to "could afford" and you might be right. MON may have his eyes on other prizes but, as another poster pointed out, if he hadn't played for Hibs he would not be quoted.

Strachan and Davies are more hassle than they are worth.

silverhibee
06-11-2011, 07:18 PM

No.

But it looks like it will be JJ as our next manager.

And if he is sitting in the home dug out come next game i wont be back at ER until he has left Hibs.

Kick in the hee haws from our board if they go ahead with this.

edwards
06-11-2011, 07:21 PM
Yes Please

Back to back champions in Ireland and has taken his team into the next stages in Europe when was the last time anyone done that at ER.

paul_hfc3
06-11-2011, 07:21 PM
I would be cheesing if we get Michael O'Neill but...How about appointing Ian Dowie as manager? May as well, thread is turning into a unemployed dream team manager thread.

Hamish
06-11-2011, 07:22 PM
No.

And if he is sitting in the home dug out come next game i wont be back at ER until he has left Hibs.

Not trying to be a smart**** and I fully understand why some people don't want him, but if he took us to a SC final would you go?. As I say not being clever, its a genuine question.

frazeHFC
06-11-2011, 07:22 PM
Jimmy Calderwood.

Hamish
06-11-2011, 07:25 PM
Jimmy Calderwood.

Stop it.

Thecat23
06-11-2011, 07:25 PM
No.

Take it you have some info inside Hibs too mate? The guy who told me would never lie like that and has a very good connection to Hibs. I text him after CC was sacked and said "your money still on JJ?" his reply was "he will be offered it" so just have to wait and see!

blackpoolhibs
06-11-2011, 07:27 PM
What about John Hughes, he'd be better than Colin Calderwood, i can guarantee that. He could come in with the sole purpose to save us from relegation, remember he has managed to take 2 clubs into europe, and one to a cup final if my memory is correct?:wink:

BEEJ
06-11-2011, 07:28 PM
No.

:agree: The last straw.

Feed McGraw
06-11-2011, 07:28 PM
[QUOTE=lucky;2974253]Not for me. But to be fair he has been involved in two of my best days as a Hibs fans 6-2 game and CIS cup final. I would go for Jimmy Calderwood[/QUOTE

Well, he`s been involved in THREE of mine and as a 55 year old I don`t have to tell my fellow hibbies what the third one is. So on the subject of him being Hibs manager - well I CANNOT F*****G BELIEVE any Hibs fan can contemplate having that guy as Hibs manager - the support is fractured enough at the moment and an appointment like that would finish it off.

Get real and stop this nonsense NOW !

essexhibee
06-11-2011, 07:29 PM
Steven Pressley?

thekaratekid
06-11-2011, 07:30 PM
Paul Ince?

lol

Hamish
06-11-2011, 07:32 PM
Steven Pressley?

If BB gets the job, would either be Elvis or Colin Cameron as assistant I reckon.

erin go bragh
06-11-2011, 07:32 PM
O'Neil for me. Where has Strachan been a good manager - nowhere
Strachan won how many titles with celtic ?
Was also the only one who managed to get them through to the group stages of the champions leauge .
Id say that makes him a good manager no :confused:
He is also a hibby and loves to play football the attacking way .
If we appointed him id be delighted .

GGTTH

Sylar
06-11-2011, 07:33 PM
If BB gets the job, would either be Elvis or Colin Cameron as assistant I reckon.

I doubt Pressley would leave a high-flying Falkirk as first team manager to become an assistant at a club he despised as a player.

silverhibee
06-11-2011, 07:34 PM
Not trying to smart and I fully understand why some people don't want him, but if he took us to a SC final would you go?. As I say not being clever, its a genuine question.

Yes i would go and support the team on the day.

Why did JJ get sacked from the mad one at the PBS, yes for poor results and everyone on here was having a good old chuckle at him, now folk on here have been brainwashed somehow and think he is the man for the job. :confused:

And did i mention he bleeds that horrible pinky colour.

A big no for me.

supersauzee
06-11-2011, 07:34 PM

ENDOF

100% agree!!! :agree:

Elephant Stone
06-11-2011, 07:35 PM
Any sign of any odds anywhere?

Hamish
06-11-2011, 07:37 PM
I doubt Pressley would leave a high-flying Falkirk as first team manager to become an assistant at a club he despised as a player.

You may be right, I was just trying to think who BB would perhaps want as an assistant.

BB and Gary Locke are still very pally mind:greengrin

Hiber-nation

He would jump at the chance. What can Falkirk ever acheive? Wouldn't be my choice mind you!

SquashedFrogg
I don't post much in this and I wouldn't just make a random comment

:top marks

blackpoolhibs
06-11-2011, 07:39 PM
He would jump at the chance. What can Falkirk ever acheive? Wouldn't be my choice mind you!

Several years in the SPL and a cup final. They would have to have the right manager to do this though.

SquashedFrogg
06-11-2011, 07:39 PM

I want someone who despises other clubs... A man who would happily cut off his own bollocks if it meant getting a point away to St Mirren!

allezsauzee
06-11-2011, 07:40 PM
There is no way Jeffries is getting the job so I wouldn't be fretting too much

Hiber-nation
06-11-2011, 07:41 PM
Several years in the SPL and a cup final. They would have to have the right manager to do this though.

:faf:

GreenPJ
06-11-2011, 07:41 PM
The only thing sadder than the state of Hibs at the moment is the state of the support.

There is already derision about people who haven't got the job, getting the job just because of who they played for/managed previously, regardless of whether they were a success or not.

Whatever anyone thinks of RP or JJ, both are professional and it would not be in their interest for Hibs to fail.

We can't keep on going the way we are going as a club, we have tried ex-players, we have tried a manager who had a track record down south.

We need the board to clearly issue the criteria they are looking for in a manager and the criteria they have to work to (youth, restricted budget, board interference :wink: etc), then make it clear on the process they will follow to appoint the right candidate. If that is transparent and can evidence how the manager is selected then so be it.

J-C
06-11-2011, 07:43 PM
Put it this way, he's taken Rover into Europe groups for the first time in their history, a nice guy too, used to be at D Lloyd Corstorphine not long after he retired, worked as a financial adviser in Edin Park.

Lago
06-11-2011, 07:43 PM
Don't want him anywhere need ER. He bleeds Hearts

We need a Manager who will unite the club, not divide us even further

Well weve had plenty who bleed Hibs and look where they got us!!

weecounty hibby
06-11-2011, 07:44 PM
Yes i would go and support the team on the day.

Why did JJ get sacked from the mad one at the PBS, yes for poor results and everyone on here was having a good old chuckle at him, now folk on here have been brainwashed somehow and think he is the man for the job. :confused:

And did i mention he bleeds that horrible pinky colour.

A big no for me.

JJ is a big no for me. Yes I know all about Willie McCartney etc but JJ is a dyed in the wool, pink dwelling, Hibee hating, jambo ****bag. And a great big fat liar who shouldn't be trusted.
His record at the end for Hearts was shocking, please don't be fooled into thinking he was a good manager. And as for this steady the ship nonsense. I don't want it just steadied it needs to be going full steam ahead and JJ aint the man to do it.

Strachan for me if it is at all possible

hibee
Jimmy Calderwood.

Petrie will go for him just to save some cash changing the website, nametags and printed material!

Golden Bear
Derek Adams - all part of the master plan I tell ye.

Aldo
06-11-2011, 07:48 PM
Sorry wouldn't have Strachan apart from Smellic where he spent a bit of dosh his record as a manager is pretty poor.

Hartson nope..... No experience at all
Tango man.... No thanks

I would take Billy Davies- excellent knowledge of English lower leagues and had a pretty good record at both Preston and Forest. Got them both into play offs

MON - ex player (again) doing well with SR in LOi. But is he experienced enough

There are probably others who will apply.

I would take JJ only for his no nonsense approach.... Would kick some arse and put a bit of fight into the team...

Problem we have is that there are many folk on here that want us to play in a certain way.... I for one want a winning Hibs team at any costs... Then take it from there. If there is anyone on here that would rather see silky football and not get a result then they are crazy.

Next week is going to be mental and there are a few on here who should hide any sharp bladed implements and rope!!!

The Falcon
06-11-2011, 07:50 PM
Petrie will go for him just to save some cash changing the website, nametags and printed material!

I dont think Petrie will have a lot to do with it and this will be revealed at the AGM.

Gmack7
06-11-2011, 07:51 PM
stuart Mcall

Sylar
06-11-2011, 07:52 PM

A return to the SPL, possible League Cup Final slot and a solid run in the Scottish Cup all look possible thus far.

What can he realistically achieve at Hibs for the remainder of the season?

It's not as if moving to be a manager of an SPL club from either a lower league or from the position of assistant is guaranteed to do his career prospects any good either.

Just ask Colin Calderwood.

Hamish
06-11-2011, 07:55 PM
I want someone who despises other clubs... A man who would happily cut off his own bollocks if it meant getting a point away to St Mirren!

That would be an interesting watch on HibsTV.

bingo70
06-11-2011, 07:59 PM
Roy keane a possibility? Maybe more realistically though what's the name of that ex notts county manager (not sven) that comes from mussleburgh and is a hibs fan, mcpartland or something like that?

Billy Whizz
06-11-2011, 08:00 PM
Throw in Danny Lennon. Did a great job at Cowdenbeath and with limited resources have St Mirren playing in a way that we would love to see Hibs play

Kaiser1962
06-11-2011, 08:02 PM
Roy keane a possibility? Maybe more realistically though what's the name of that ex notts county manager (not sven) that comes from mussleburgh and is a hibs fan, mcpartland or something like that?

What about that guy who managed in Sweden and Japan?

Bostonhibby
06-11-2011, 08:06 PM
You may be right, I was just trying to think who BB would perhaps want as an assistant.

BB and Gary Locke are still very pally mind:greengrin

If Locke appeared in any shape or form at my club, on any terms I won't be back, and I have never said that before!

Thecat23
06-11-2011, 08:09 PM
If Locke appeared in any shape or form at my club, on any terms I won't be back, and I have never said that before!

To put you're mind at ease mate, Gary Locke will never be part of the coaching staff. From his mouth himself.

hibee81
06-11-2011, 08:09 PM
Give David weir a shout and see if he fancies a player manager role, could maybe show us how to defend.

Pedantic_Hibee
06-11-2011, 08:14 PM
Alan Shearer.

Instant respect commanded.

weecounty hibby
06-11-2011, 08:16 PM
Not sure if anyone has mentioned him but Stuart McCall is doing a very good job at Motherwell. I know it would mean compo but he may be worth a shout.

Bostonhibby
To put you're mind at ease mate, Gary Locke will never be part of the coaching staff. From his mouth himself.
:thumbsup: cheers

euro Hibby
Alan Curbishley...........ex charlton with two promotions........

chrisski33
06-11-2011, 08:17 PM
Given that hibs surprised us by.appointing mowbray has anyone thought that they might do it again an appointment someone who hasnt been mentioned? As for jj getting the job? that wont happen!

chrisski33
06-11-2011, 08:18 PM
Mccall wont leave well for hibs although id.like to see that happen

euro Hibby
06-11-2011, 08:19 PM
Just in case he is on anyones list.............
Jim Fallon

Statistics are not the only way to judge a manager, but if they were, Dumbarton's Jim Fallon would have an unmovable grip on the worst manager crown. The club's 1995-96 record makes horrific reading: played 36, won three, drawn two, lost 31. Then consider that two of the wins came in the opening two games, before they appointed Fallon. A record of 0.147 points per match convinced the board he deserved another crack the following season. He's now a physio.

Pedantic_Hibee
06-11-2011, 08:19 PM
Alan Curbishley...........ex charlton with two promotions........

Excellent shout. :aok:

Spike Mandela
06-11-2011, 08:24 PM
Personally don't think there is anyone at this moment in time that could resurrect the rotting corpse that is Hibs football club.

Irrespective of the abilities of the next incumbant at ER he will be inheriting a squad lacking talent, desire, character and morale. The finances are shot and chances are he will have to sell current duds to bring in new faces. He is also coming in to a fanbase so apathetic that it could be Mourinho or Wenger appointed and the crowds wouldn't go up.

The new man will be doing well to get Hibs finishing 11th but will get roundly criticised for doing so.

I seriously pity the new fall guy.:rolleyes:

Sammy7nil
06-11-2011, 08:26 PM

"Pumper" McParlane not a bad shout

stantonhibby
06-11-2011, 08:28 PM
latest odds here ............http://www.paddypower.com/football/football-specials/manager-specials?ev_oc_grp_ids=491646

some interesting names ! Paul Cook seems quite low in the betting at only 10/1.

weecounty hibby
06-11-2011, 08:29 PM
Personally don't think there is anyone at this moment in time that could resurrect the rotting corpse that is Hibs football club.

Irrespective of the abilities of the next incumbant at ER he will be inheriting a squad lacking talent, desire, character and morale. The finances are shot and chances are he will have to sell current duds to bring in new faces. He is also coming in to a fanbase so apathetic that it could be Mourinho or Wenger appointed and the crowds wouldn't go up.

The new man will be doing well to get Hibs finishing 11th but will get roundly criticised for doing so.

I seriously pity the new fall guy.:rolleyes:

**** sake Spike. That is even more downbeat than you usually are. Have you fallen foul of Mrs Mandella again??? For what it's worth I think we need another Mowbray type appointment, someone who will get every one on his side. I think Strachan may be that man. I know folk on here didn't like him when at Celtic, and I'm sure you called him a wee ginger fud, at ER on at least one occasion but ..... At least he aint JJ

euro Hibby
06-11-2011, 08:29 PM
can someone paste the names as betting sites are banned in Italy !

hibee92
06-11-2011, 08:34 PM
Michael O'Neill
2/1

Jimmy Calderwood
16/1

Alan Curbishley
25/1

Jim Jefferies
4/1

Phil Brown
16/1

Aidy Boothroyd
25/1

Billy Stark
6/1

Gordon Strachan
16/1

Jim Gannon
33/1

Billy Davies
8/1

Chris Coleman
16/1

Nigel Worthington
33/1

Paul Cook
10/1

Jim Magilton
16/1

Kevin Keegan
33/1

Billy Brown
10/1

Brian Kerr
16/1

Chris Sutton
33/1

John Robertson
14/1

Derek Adams
16/1

Tony Mowbray
66/1

Pat Fenlon
14/1

John Collins
20/1

John Hughes
66/1

Paul Hartley
14/1

Gary McAllister
20/1

Neil Lennon
66/1

John McGlynn
14/1

Henrik Larsson
20/1

Martin O'Neill
100/1

Steve Clarke
16/1

Iain Dowie
25/1

Sylar
06-11-2011, 08:35 PM
can someone paste the names as betting sites are banned in Italy !

Michael O'Neill 2/1
JJ - 4/1
Billy Stark - 6/1
Billy Davies - 8/1
Paul Cook - 10/1
BB - 10/1
Robbo - 14/1
Pat Fenlon - 14/1
Paul Hartley - 14/1
John McGlynn - 14/1
Steve Clark 16/1
Tango Man - 16/1
Phil Brown - 16/1
Strachan - 16/1
Chris Coleman - 16/1
Jim Magilton - 16/1
Derek Adams - 16/1
John Collins - 20/1
Gary McAllister - 20/1
Henrik Larsson - 20/1
Iain Dowie - 25/1
Alan Curbishley - 25/1
Aidy Boothroyd - 25/1
Jim Gannon - 33/1
Nigel Worthington - 33/1
Kevin Keegan - 33/1
Chris Sutton - 33/1
Tony Mowbray - 66/1
John Hughes - 66/1
Neil Lennon - 66/1
Martin O'Neill - 100/1

YehButNoBut
06-11-2011, 08:36 PM
Michael O'Neill
2/1

Jimmy Calderwood
16/1

Alan Curbishley
25/1

Jim Jefferies
4/1

Phil Brown
16/1

Aidy Boothroyd
25/1

Billy Stark
6/1

Gordon Strachan
16/1

Jim Gannon
33/1

Billy Davies
8/1

Chris Coleman
16/1

Nigel Worthington
33/1

Paul Cook
10/1

Jim Magilton
16/1

Kevin Keegan
33/1

Billy Brown
10/1

Brian Kerr
16/1

Chris Sutton
33/1

John Robertson
14/1

Derek Adams
16/1

Tony Mowbray
66/1

Pat Fenlon
14/1

John Collins
20/1

John Hughes
66/1

Paul Hartley
14/1

Gary McAllister
20/1

Neil Lennon
66/1

John McGlynn
14/1

Henrik Larsson
20/1

Martin O'Neill
100/1

Steve Clarke
16/1

Iain Dowie 25/1

McIntosh
06-11-2011, 08:36 PM
Hibs must think big!!!

The situation is dire. Many years ago I had the good fortune to meet the then club's secretary Cecil Graham and he stated that this club's "rightful place was at the very top of Scottish football". We need an appointment which is both imaginative and visionary and can deliver the previous statement. We must appoint a person whose very name stirs the blood. If we do not get this, the malaise which Rod Petrie has allowed to develop within the club which we love will become irreversible.

Petrie has done many great things for this club but when it comes to the selection and support given to club managers he has fallen short. No short term measures we must appoint the very best what ever the cost failure is not an option. Our club, our fans and our tradition deserve nothing less. Only the very best can do.

Spike Mandela
06-11-2011, 08:38 PM
**** sake Spike. That is even more downbeat than you usually are. Have you fallen foul of Mrs Mandella again??? For what it's worth I think we need another Mowbray type appointment, someone who will get every one on his side. I think Strachan may be that man. I know folk on here didn't like him when at Celtic, and I'm sure you called him a wee ginger fud, at ER on at least one occasion but ..... At least he aint JJ

Strachan will demand a certain transfer kitty which just isn't there wch. We will appoint somebody with a 'proven' track record working with youth but realistically we will have to wait years to fluke another batch like the ones that inhabited Mowbrays team.

Unless there is a new cash injection from somewhere (highly unlikely I know) I just don't see How the improvement is going to come. Sorry to sound so disillusioned it's just how I feel at the moment and crowds would suggest many feel the same.

WHAM
06-11-2011, 08:41 PM

Ian McParland from Tranent.

Him and my old man are good mates, and I know that Ian and Roy Keane are still very friendly from their time at Ipswich together. Ian also likes his teams to play passing attractive football the "Hibs way". Whether we have the players to do this successfully is a different matter.

GGTTH

Elephant Stone
06-11-2011, 08:42 PM
Strachan will demand a certain transfer kitty which just isn't there wch. We will appoint somebody with a 'proven' track record working with youth but realistically we will have to wait years to fluke another batch like the ones that inhabited Mowbrays team.

Unless there is a new cash injection from somewhere (highly unlikely I know) I just don't see How the improvement is going to come. Sorry to sound so disillusioned it's just how I feel at the moment and crowds would suggest many feel the same.

Motherwell and Dundee Utd have managed to do well without cash over the last couple of years, we can aswell with a decent manager. We should be better than these teams.

southern hibby
06-11-2011, 08:47 PM
Excellent shout. :aok:

Said it on another forum. Curbs for me. What he did with Charlton was amazing. BUT will the board have the bottle to give a real manager with real credentials a shot.

GGTTH.

Tonez
06-11-2011, 08:50 PM
Derek Adams ?? Got county playing well again, top of the division heading for promotion.

Franck Stanton
06-11-2011, 09:15 PM
Yes Please

Back to back champions in Ireland and has taken his team into the next stages in Europe when was the last time anyone done that at ER.

At last, a sensible post. O'Neil has worked wonders with S/Rovers. And yes, it is a lower standard league than the SPL [arguable], but he has come top of the bunch, has raised a few eyebrows with his exploits in europe. Some people on here are using the fact he once played for us as a reason for not wanting him, IMO that fact is just a Brucie Bonus. Mark my words, if we dont appoint him we will come to regret it in the future, a bit like St Mirren with the Sir Alex Ferguson saga. { no I am not saying O'Neil is as good as that but, hopefully you get my meaning}

YehButNoBut
06-11-2011, 09:15 PM
Anyone mentioned Walter Smith :shotdowni

mrdependable
06-11-2011, 09:23 PM
I hope that someone like Pat Nevin is involved in the recruitment process

euro Hibby
06-11-2011, 09:30 PM
lets hope its not a rush job and down just to Petrie who comes !

I would assume that the sacking means that they have a man ready to step in...........intersting week
ahead.

euro Hibby
06-11-2011, 09:30 PM

I would assume that the sacking means that they have a man ready to step in...........intersting week
ahead.

Frogga
06-11-2011, 09:37 PM
I think whoever comes in needs to have a good record of getting the best out of players. In Booth, Wotherspoon and Hanlon we have 3 potentially very good players who seem to have lost their way. If the new gaffer can get them believing in themselves and also get the best of players like Galbraith then we might not have to overhaul the squad.

Sylar
06-11-2011, 09:37 PM

ahead.

It won't be, hence just why all these lies about "people with sources" who know this and that and that "so and so has an interview tomorrow" seem even more ridiculous.

The board have the luxury of time, with the international break coming up - here's hoping they use it wisely.

Higgy115
06-11-2011, 09:41 PM
Michael O'Neill 2/1
JJ - 4/1
Billy Stark - 6/1
Billy Davies - 8/1
Paul Cook - 10/1
BB - 10/1
Robbo - 14/1
Pat Fenlon - 14/1
Paul Hartley - 14/1
John McGlynn - 14/1
Steve Clark 16/1
Tango Man - 16/1
Phil Brown - 16/1
Strachan - 16/1
Chris Coleman - 16/1
Jim Magilton - 16/1
Derek Adams - 16/1
John Collins - 20/1
Gary McAllister - 20/1
Henrik Larsson - 20/1
Iain Dowie - 25/1
Alan Curbishley - 25/1
Aidy Boothroyd - 25/1
Jim Gannon - 33/1
Nigel Worthington - 33/1
Kevin Keegan - 33/1
Chris Sutton - 33/1
Tony Mowbray - 66/1
John Hughes - 66/1
Neil Lennon - 66/1
Martin O'Neill - 100/1

Jeffries into 5/2 already, BB into 6's !!!

Forthview
06-11-2011, 09:42 PM
Paul Cook for me, I didnt know he got into football management after the sex pistols collapsed.
God save the Hibs. :greengrin

ScottB
06-11-2011, 09:47 PM
Michael O'Neill
2/1

Jimmy Calderwood
16/1

Alan Curbishley
25/1

Jim Jefferies
4/1

Phil Brown
16/1

Aidy Boothroyd
25/1

Billy Stark
6/1

Gordon Strachan
16/1

Jim Gannon
33/1

Billy Davies
8/1

Chris Coleman
16/1

Nigel Worthington
33/1

Paul Cook
10/1

Jim Magilton
16/1

Kevin Keegan
33/1

Billy Brown
10/1

Brian Kerr
16/1

Chris Sutton
33/1

John Robertson
14/1

Derek Adams
16/1

Tony Mowbray
66/1

Pat Fenlon
14/1

John Collins
20/1

John Hughes
66/1

Paul Hartley
14/1

Gary McAllister
20/1

Neil Lennon
66/1

John McGlynn
14/1

Henrik Larsson
20/1

Martin O'Neill
100/1

Steve Clarke
16/1

Iain Dowie 25/1

So for the most part the names from last time...

And is that the Brian he does a lot of unseen work Kerr??

hibby67
06-11-2011, 09:49 PM
i would hate to say who i want as the next manager in case he gets the job
then i would not be able to come on here and slate him after 2 games .........

Cod Boy
06-11-2011, 09:49 PM
The Proclaimers

Robinho08
06-11-2011, 10:01 PM
I would take FJK over bloody Strachan any day.

Cod Boy
06-11-2011, 10:06 PM
andy watson maybe time for him to go it alone

The Green Goblin
06-11-2011, 10:11 PM
There was a time when I would be really excited at the thought of who the next manager might be. Now though, it seems like a waste of time and I almost don't care, because whoever it is, it's very unlikely they will be able to make the changes necessary to help Hibs progress, in the ways the club needs.

Unless someone can come in and ditch the dead wood, give some of the "players" an almighty kick up the arse and completely revolutionise the prevailing slack attitudes, reverse the accepted drinking/smoking culture, instill proper discipline, improve the team, run effective training sessions, know their tactics on match days, get the best out of the players and generally sort the place out of its ills, then they might as well give the job to Basil Brush, for all the good it's going to do.

Out of all the names mentioned, can you see one who will successfully change all of these things and more? Because I can't.

GG

Jim44
06-11-2011, 10:15 PM
I suspect that the board will issue a statement along the lines that they will not be rushed into making an early appointment. However, with the forthcoming 'international' weekend, would it not be wise to get the guy in and give him several days to get into the job and get to know the players?

jdships
06-11-2011, 10:18 PM
It won't be, hence just why all these lies about "people with sources" who know this and that and that "so and so has an interview tomorrow" seem even more ridiculous.

The board have the luxury of time, with the international break coming up - here's hoping they use it wisely.

Good post :agree::thumbsup:
Also hope it is not another "old" Hibs player - the only one in the past fifty years who has been a real success is Ned T (RIP)
We surely can't afford another " mistake "

MrRobot
06-11-2011, 10:23 PM
Id love to see John Collins back but I highly doubt we'd ever do that. Had the right vision and if he was backed, we would have done well.

Lets go for Roy Keane :greengrin

hibeefan95
06-11-2011, 10:25 PM
If Alan Shearer arrives I'll be shocked his Match of the day career would take alot of his time.

Russel Latapy wanted the St Johnstone job.

Sylar
06-11-2011, 10:26 PM
If Alan Shearer arrives I'll be shocked his Match of the day career would take alot of his time.

Russel Latapy wanted the St Johnstone job.

And I want to wake up and find some nice soul has donated £1 billion into my bank account :agree:

jdships
06-11-2011, 10:30 PM
Id love to see John Collins back but I highly doubt we'd ever do that. Had the right vision and if he was backed, we would have done well.

Lets go for Roy Keane :greengrin

Had his chance and he and he alone blew it :rolleyes:

jdships
06-11-2011, 10:32 PM
And I want to wake up and find some nice soul has donated £1 billion into my bank account :agree:

Brilliant !!
And you could call it " The Story So Far " :greengrin

IberianHibernian
06-11-2011, 10:32 PM
Good post :agree::thumbsup:
Also hope it is not another "old" Hibs player - the only one in the past fifty years who has been a real success is Ned T (RIP)
We surely can't afford another " mistake "Turnbull`s team of early / mid 70s was fantastic but the team which was relegated in 1980 was basically his too . Don`t think being an ex player should count against any candidate - would certainly consider Michael O`Neill , Danny Lennon and John Blackley ( if looking for General Manager as well as new manager in Blackley`s case ) along with others with no Hibs connection .

Petrie's Tache
06-11-2011, 10:42 PM
Turnbull`s team of early / mid 70s was fantastic but the team which was relegated in 1980 was basically his too . Don`t think being an ex player should count against any candidate - would certainly consider Michael O`Neill , Danny Lennon and John Blackley ( if looking for General Manager as well as new manager in Blackley`s case ) along with others with no Hibs connection .

Would consider it as he wouldn't want to manage again.

Could add Luggy to the list also, he would probably want Sloop as number 2 or someone else if Sloop was a general manager.

Or MON as manager. Would it be too much to ask for Pat Nevin DOF, Luggy/Sloop/MON all together?

Topographic Hibby
06-11-2011, 10:49 PM
....would certainly consider Michael O`Neill , Danny Lennon and John Blackley ( if looking for General Manager as well as new manager in Blackley`s case ) along with others with no Hibs connection .
Seem to remember DL getting pelters from Buddies toward the end of last season. Then wee McCluskey was caught on camera celebrating a Celtic OF goal in their dressing room before we beat them (IIRC). Lennon got even more stick after that.

Now St Mirren are 4 pts ahead of us and their boss is getting quoted for the Hibs job. Fickle business football.

For my part, I am completely in the dark, at a loss, up a gumtree and generally clueless as to who would/should be our new boss. A bit like RP....

TH

E10 Rifle
06-11-2011, 10:53 PM
Surprised that Laslo isn't on that list

keep the faith
06-11-2011, 11:01 PM
The biggest issue at ER is a huge empty stadium and the board will need somone who will not divide opinion and who will get people to games

Thats why I think you can rule out Jumbo or Jimmy Calderwood. Davies has a good track record but a record is full of fall outs with his board and he strikes me as a bit arrogant. Referring to himself in the third person always gets on my goat when I hear him speaking. That of course is just a personal thing, but I cant see the board taking on that kind of risk.

For me, I would take Strachan, Butcher or Oneil. Can see them waiting though and see who applies. Has much changed in a year though? Surely we can identify a sucessor and avoid another lengthy recruitment campaign!!

ahibby
06-11-2011, 11:07 PM
I would not give the job to JJ because as has been said he has been sacked for poor results and he wouldn't fair any better at Hibs. I don't know a lot about MON, I bumped in to him at a petrol station on the way back from an away game at Aberdeen and he seemed to be a decent bloke unlike when he was a player when I could only describe him as being a nutter. I was impressed with the way his side played against Spurs, and thought they put on a better show and fight than did our neighbours against them. So based on my very little knowledge of him I'd give him a chance but that's only because I don't know anything about the other managers. I wouldn't want Billy Stark or Gordon Strachan, the latter is too silly and the former isn't experienced enough other than with u21s.

I think that who ever the director out at East Mains is should take responsibility for another failed manager and he should also leave.

Holmesdale Hibs
06-11-2011, 11:12 PM
Surprised that Laslo isn't on that list

Eh eh eh, no thanks. Did a decent job at PBS considering he had to put up with Vlad but wouldn't have him anywhere near the Hibs job.

Purehibee_MYB
06-11-2011, 11:14 PM
would not be happy with Danny Lennon, at all...just cos St.Mirren have had an average start to the season does not make him a good manager, he has signed Gary Teale and Stephen Thompson and although some would say their past it, they make his team look pretty good...but no for me

Ideally I'd say someone like Gordon Strachan, or Michael O'Neil, but I don't honestly see why O'Neil would want to leave Shamrock? Other than that I heard he and his wife love Edinburgh... I would probably take Billy Davies, but I wouldn't be overly excited... I know I am slightly contradicting myself, but I think we should take on an up and coming manager, like we did with Tony Mowbray, I think it might be worth the risk...

darwenhibby
06-11-2011, 11:17 PM
Edinburgh born

Currently Out of Work.

May just be the challenge he needs and the personality the scottish game and hibs need to generate interest.

Thoughts anyone:agree:

stokesmessiah
06-11-2011, 11:17 PM
Edinburgh born

Currently Out of Work.

May just be the challenge he needs and the personality the scottish game and hibs need to generate interest.

Seen him say at the weekend he had no aspirations to ever manage again.

Purehibee_MYB
06-11-2011, 11:18 PM
It would be an interesting one, but I seem to remember hearing/reading that he's no longer interested in managing, could be mistaken..

Also I get the feeling his wage demands would be too high and he'd want a budget, which Rod won't be quick in handing over...

hulk
06-11-2011, 11:21 PM
He was on football focus yesterday and ruled himself out of going back into management - enjoys being a pundit with Sky too much now. If he was available I would be surprised if he came to Hibs - do we think we can attract managers with that calibre ?

hailhail22
06-11-2011, 11:24 PM
It would be an interesting one, but I seem to remember hearing/reading that he's no longer interested in managing, could be mistaken..

Also I get the feeling his wage demands would be too high and he'd want a budget, which Rod won't be quick in handing over...

agreed wages would be to much of a demand

WellingtonHibby
06-11-2011, 11:25 PM
Surprised that Laslo isn't on that list EEN says he was spotted at ER on Saturday....

darwenhibby
06-11-2011, 11:26 PM
He was on football focus yesterday and ruled himself out of going back into management - enjoys being a pundit with Sky too much now. If he was available I would be surprised if he came to Hibs - do we think we can attract managers with that calibre ?

Just think we could be good for each other.

Most managers rule themselves out of a challenge when a challenge is brewing.

He would not take any messing from those imposters in green and white jerseys.

That was the worst hibs display i can remember ever.

EasterRoad4Ever
06-11-2011, 11:28 PM
Edinburgh born

Currently Out of Work.

Ok, let's get this all straight. As long as the current Board, and Petrie in particular, are at there helm Hibs will never employ a "character" or "proper" manager with any real substance or experience. Whoever gets the job will be expected to be undemanding, grateful, cheap, unassuming and subservient to Petrie and the Board.

The fact that the Manager is THE most important person at ER, is just lost on this Board.

bob12345
06-11-2011, 11:34 PM
Seem to remember him saying he would only take the Scotland job if he could continue living down south.

hibee bouncer
06-11-2011, 11:44 PM
Not sure it would happen but would love to see Jamie Redknapp considered as a replacement for CC. Talks a lot of sense, obvious contacts within the game which would have a win-win situation for both parties in his 1st managers job!

SteveHFC
06-11-2011, 11:45 PM
Maybe he could presude Frank Lampard to join us aswell then :greengrin

CB_NO3
06-11-2011, 11:47 PM
The fact that he gets about 10k a week might be a problem.

frazeHFC
06-11-2011, 11:47 PM
Would he not be getting paid more just now by Sky? :dunno:

But if he wants a managers job, then a good starting place. (or not because we are *****)

Sir David Gray
06-11-2011, 11:48 PM
What has he done to merit even being considered for the job? :confused:

He's got a comfy gig with Sky at the moment anyway, which he'll be paid quite handsomely for, so I don't see him leaving them any time soon.

marleyhib
Rather see his missus at ER ;-)

Musselbound
Never seen the great appeal of this man. Maybe 15 years ago but there's nothing since to suggest he'd be a good choice for either club or country.

hibee bouncer
06-11-2011, 11:49 PM
If he's on £10k then yeah, could be a problem however if he was looking to start out in management, he'd struggle for a job that matches those wages for his first appointment.

greenlex
06-11-2011, 11:54 PM
Ok, let's get this all straight. As long as the current Board, and Petrie in particular, are at there helm Hibs will never employ a "character" or "proper" manager with any real substance or experience. Whoever gets the job will be expected to be undemanding, grateful, cheap, unassuming and subservient to Petrie and the Board.

The fact that the Manager is THE most important person at ER, is just lost on this Board.

Christ there is some **** getting spoken tonight.
Williamson. Proper manager with trophy wins.
McLeish? I bet he just did as he was told.
Hughes was quiet and unassuming.
Calderwood. The cheap option. We reportedly rejected money to move him on just a number of months ago and spent money getting him from Newcastle.
Do folk actually think about things before they type or do they just repeat what other psh someone else says?

Emerald
06-11-2011, 11:58 PM
Its beyond me how anyone could be going for Michael O'Neil in front of Strachan? MON may be the next Alex Ferguson but we cant afford to take that chance at this moment in time. We are in a very bad place just now and need to get someone in who knows what he's doing. How can anyone tout MON in front of someone who has managed in the premiership (and forget all these misleading stats posted, they dont tell the true story of how hard a job Coventry or Southampton was). And, managed celtic to however many titles, knows the SPL, took on the best in Europe in the CL, but hey you would rather have MON who is doing a fantastic job but its in Ireland with Shamrock Rovers. We are three managers on from taking these chances AGAIN.

Even if MON was a success he'd be off in under a year anyway. We need a no nonsense experienced manager who can steady the ship and get results and crowds back. MON may well be the answer and the next best thing but the gamble at this point is too big to take for Hibs, IMO.

I would be delighted if Strachan would even consider the job!

PISTOL1875
07-11-2011, 12:00 AM
Derek Adams...........

Future17
07-11-2011, 12:00 AM
He could bring in Richard Keys as striking coach - "when you get in front of the goals.....JUST SMASH IT". :greengrin

Cameron1875
07-11-2011, 12:07 AM
:faf: is the op serious?

E10 Rifle
07-11-2011, 12:08 AM
Its beyond me how anyone could be going for Michael O'Neil in front of Strachan? MON may be the next Alex Ferguson but we cant afford to take that chance at this moment in time. We are in a very bad place just now and need to get someone in who knows what he's doing. How can anyone tout MON in front of someone who has managed in the premiership (and forget all these misleading stats posted, they dont tell the true story of how hard a job Coventry or Southampton was). And, managed celtic to however many titles, knows the SPL, took on the best in Europe in the CL, but hey you would rather have MON who is doing a fantastic job but its in Ireland with Shamrock Rovers. We are three managers on from taking these chances AGAIN.

Even if MON was a success he'd be off in under a year anyway. We need a no nonsense experienced manager who can steady the ship and get results and crowds back. MON may well be the answer and the next best thing but the gamble at this point is too big to take for Hibs, IMO.

I would be delighted if Strachan would even consider the job!

I disagree with just about all of this (no offence intended). If Strachan wasn't a childhood Hibs fan no-one would even be considering him right now. End of.

Frazerbob
07-11-2011, 12:12 AM
Stuart Baxter! :wink:

Emerald
07-11-2011, 12:12 AM
I disagree with just about all of this (no offence intended). If Strachan wasn't a childhood Hibs fan no-one would even be considering him right now. End of.
Why, I never even mentioned he was a Hibs fan. He stays in town, or at least I seen him with his wife in PC world shopping the other week, so he is here and out of a job. If he's good enough to win SPL titles and take a Scottish team to the group stages of the CL, WHY is he not good enough for Hibs. Pray tell? :dunno:

Kaiser1962
07-11-2011, 12:16 AM
Stuart Baxter! :wink:

Thats the guy :aok:

E10 Rifle
07-11-2011, 12:18 AM
Why, I never even mentioned he was a Hibs fan. He stays in town, or at least I seen him with his wife in PC world shopping the other week, so he is here and out of a job. If he's good enough to win SPL titles and take a Scottish team to the group stages of the CL, WHY is he not good enough for Hibs. Pray tell? :dunno:

You could probably win the league in charge of Celtic (or at worst come second). If Strachan was a Hearts fan as a kid no-one would be quoting him.

Emerald
07-11-2011, 12:20 AM
You could probably win the league in charge of Celtic (or at worst come second). If Strachan was a Hearts fan as a kid no-one would be quoting him.
Yeh, but he's not!

E10 Rifle
07-11-2011, 12:23 AM
Yeh, but he's not!

Yeh...but if he was

ScottB
07-11-2011, 12:38 AM
Can't see why he'd leave County, he's got a good thing going on there after all, especially to come back here.

SteveHFC
07-11-2011, 12:48 AM
Early candidates for the job include for the role include Billy Davies, ex-Hibs ace Michael O'Neill and Gary Bollan of Livingston.
But current No2 Billy Brown could also be in the frame.

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/3918140/Calderwood-sacked.html#ixzz1cyZoVwhx

hibs0666
07-11-2011, 12:59 AM
Stewart Baxter is the man. :agree:

Brummie_Hibs
07-11-2011, 01:27 AM
It can only be, and will be Strachan.

Saorsa
07-11-2011, 01:33 AM
Stuart Baxter! :wink::agree:

basehibby
07-11-2011, 01:39 AM

:agree: That would be my main concern re Jumbo Jimbo the Jambo Jeffries - I don't believe he'd lack ability or commitment but would have a mountain to climb from the off in winning over the fans - if he didn't get off to a flier he'd get crucified!

Hermit Crab
07-11-2011, 02:28 AM
Edinburgh born

Currently Out of Work.

Oh behave yerself:rolleyes: Souness for Hibs are you for real? If he came here and things didn't go well immediately it wouldn't be long before the fans turn against him casting up 1986 getting sent off and never liking Hibs etc etc:wink:

Hermit Crab
07-11-2011, 02:31 AM
:faf: is the op serious?

There are some wind ups on here tonight eh :rolleyes:

Hermit Crab
07-11-2011, 02:32 AM

None of the above. Billy Davis please.

Steve-O
07-11-2011, 03:07 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ange_Postecoglou

Completely leftfield suggestion but this guy has done absolute WONDERS at Brisbane Roar in the Aussie league.

They are currently 33 games unbeaten, won the league last season after losing 1 game the entire season, and playing absolutely cracking passing football that makes them look at a level higher than every other team in the league. Look up their 7-1 hammering of Adelaide on youtube to see what I mean.

Interestingly the first thing he did when appointed was punt wasters and bevvy merchants such as Craig Moore, Charlie Miller, and Bob Malcolm...the type of thing we could do with happening at ER perhaps?

Also, one of the main reasons behind the success is apparently that he has made sure they are the fittest team in the league by training harder than any other team in the league. Sounds simple, but definitely something our bunch of lazy gits could do with.

Obviously very unlikely to happen but the turnaround at Brisbane is pretty much what we want to see at ER - i.e. bunch of overpaid, unfit, non-caring no-marks, transformed into fit, entertaining, and title winning winners who play for the manager!

zlatan
07-11-2011, 03:10 AM
Top, top wind up.

He's literally made it the greatest wind up I've seen.

Petrie's Tache
07-11-2011, 03:31 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ange_Postecoglou

Completely leftfield suggestion but this guy has done absolute WONDERS at Brisbane Roar in the Aussie league.

They are currently 33 games unbeaten, won the league last season after losing 1 game the entire season, and playing absolutely cracking passing football that makes them look at a level higher than every other team in the league. Look up their 7-1 hammering of Adelaide on youtube to see what I mean.

Interestingly the first thing he did when appointed was punt wasters and bevvy merchants such as Craig Moore, Charlie Miller, and Bob Malcolm...the type of thing we could do with happening at ER perhaps?

Also, one of the main reasons behind the success is apparently that he has made sure they are the fittest team in the league by training harder than any other team in the league. Sounds simple, but definitely something our bunch of lazy gits could do with.

Obviously very unlikely to happen but the turnaround at Brisbane is pretty much what we want to see at ER - i.e. bunch of overpaid, unfit, non-caring no-marks, transformed into fit, entertaining, and title winning winners who play for the manager!

Got potential....would certainly be worth speaking to.

cad
07-11-2011, 05:24 AM
Got potential....would certainly be worth speaking to.

Did the last guy who tried to get our players fitter and make them better than they were no get shafted by the guy who gave him the job a meeting or something or other.

Checked that list 3 times and Im happy to say Roy Aitken isnt on it and thats just fine .

RP involved in the next managers appointment :no way:

Been very impressed with Ange , would take him in a second , he would be left with about 3 players if he was lucky once he got rid of the kaak tho .

Steve-O
07-11-2011, 05:59 AM
Did the last guy who tried to get our players fitter and make them better than they were no get shafted by the guy who gave him the job a meeting or something or other.

Checked that list 3 times and Im happy to say Roy Aitken isnt on it and thats just fine .

RP involved in the next managers appointment :no way:

Been very impressed with Ange , would take him in a second , he would be left with about 3 players if he was lucky once he got rid of the kaak tho .

Thing is the last guy who tried to get our players fitter hadn't had a job before so lacked experience. Ange has now proven himself already.

At least if we were STILL pish and unfit we'd know for sure it was the players who were taking the pesh!

ChilliEater
07-11-2011, 06:28 AM
I'd be delighted if Ange got the job. Watching his Brisbane team is an absolute delight. If anyone got Hibs playing like that we'd sell out every week, and he's done it with players who are nothing special (with the possible exception of Thomas Broich).

Septimus
07-11-2011, 06:34 AM
Souness comes across to me as a petulant and self important man who would neither be interested in Hibs or good for Hibs. I recall a Scotland game against Wales (I think) when he was upset about something and barely contributed at all to the game. He sulked his way through the whole 90 minutes. We need someone who will accept our shortcomings and right now there are plenty of them, get his sleeves rolled up, and get stuck in.

IWasThere2016
07-11-2011, 06:38 AM

Yup - RP has surrounded himself with those he can easily mannage. Why is that going to change exactly?

Septimus
07-11-2011, 07:07 AM
Whoever is appointed it should be made a condidion of his employment that he moves, complete with family, to the close proximity of Edinburgh.

hibiedude
07-11-2011, 07:18 AM
Csaba Laszlo was a quest of the Hibs Board on Saturday now that's one guy who shouldn't be concidered

gordieboy
07-11-2011, 07:33 AM
John Robertson

gordieboy
07-11-2011, 07:35 AM
Personally I wouldn't take any ex jambo **** as manager,bad enough we have Billy Brown as assistant.

hibiedude
07-11-2011, 07:40 AM
We need to get over this ex Jambo rubbish if a manager can come in a do a great Job at Hibs then he has my support.

some people want success but want an ex player to deliver it that isn't ging to happen because we've had them all and it hasn't worked.

Hiber-nation
07-11-2011, 07:50 AM
Top, top wind up.

He's literally made it the greatest wind up I've seen.

Yep, Redknapp for Hibs, Souness for Hibs, Ryan Stevenson in the Scotland squad....some cracking wind-ups.

The Falcon
07-11-2011, 07:53 AM
Not sure it would happen but would love to see Jamie Redknapp considered as a replacement for CC. Talks a lot of sense, obvious contacts within the game which would have a win-win situation for both parties in his 1st managers job!

FFS :confused:

offshorehibby
07-11-2011, 07:58 AM
Strachan won how many titles with celtic ?
Was also the only one who managed to get them through to the group stages of the champions leauge .
Id say that makes him a good manager no :confused:
He is also a hibby and loves to play football the attacking way .
If we appointed him id be delighted .

GGTTH

I could win 3 titles with celtic or rangers. I'm looking at his record with Southampton, Coventry & Middlesbrough.

Steve-O
07-11-2011, 08:06 AM
3 yes votes for Ange! Perhaps I should e-mail Petrie?