PDA

View Full Version : CC & Compensation

Baldy
06-11-2011, 03:35 PM
I heard a few folk saying that if we sack CC he would be entitled to compensation ...

WHY???

If I was not up to the job I was employed to do, I would be sacked and wouldn't get compensation so why is Football management any different?

HibsMax
06-11-2011, 03:38 PM
I heard a few folk saying that if we sack CC he would be entitled to compensation ...

WHY???

If I was not up to the job I was employed to do, I would be sacked and wouldn't get compensation so why is Football management any different?

Presumably it's written into his contract? Perhaps he has not failed to meet any of the goals set forth? Maybe the board will review his progress at set intervals, such as mid-season, end of season, etc.? Lots of different possibilities.

LancashireHibby
06-11-2011, 03:42 PM
Sadly Hibs aren't above employment law so we're stuck with him unless he does the decent thing and resigns. Can't see Petrie wanting to sack him and pay his contract up.

TheEastTerrace
06-11-2011, 03:44 PM

WHY???

I suspect to avoid cases and tribunals of unfair dismissal? Not saying it's right though.

Saorsa
06-11-2011, 03:48 PM
Presumably it's written into his contract? Perhaps he has not failed to meet any of the goals set forth? Maybe the board will review his progress at set intervals, such as mid-season, end of season, etc.? Lots of different possibilities.Well if he hasn't failed tae meet the goals set forth, whoever set the goals should be joining him on the way out the door :taxi Just what sort of goals has he achieved since he's been here? Unless making us worse was one of the goals.

nortonhibby
06-11-2011, 03:49 PM
Sadly Hibs aren't above employment law so we're stuck with him unless he does the decent thing and resigns. Can't see Petrie wanting to sack him and pay his contract up.

Anyone know how long a contract he signed ?

Saorsa
06-11-2011, 03:50 PM
Anyone know how long a contract he signed ?at least 6 months too long so far.

Argylehibby
06-11-2011, 08:09 PM

WHY???

If you were not performing in your job you would be given a verbal warning, probably a performance improvement plan and if you still didn’t do well you would get a written warning. After that if no improvement you would be sacked. As its unlikely that Hibs have gone down the route of formal warnings etc they would have to pay the compensation or risk a tribunal.

Houchy
06-11-2011, 10:10 PM
It's exactly as LancasterHibby says, CC was on around a 5 year contract, meaning he couldnt leave without us receiving compensation and we can't sack him without paying compensation in that period.

Most people in an office are on a 30 day contract meaning that if you are crap at your job, they only have to pay you until the end of the month.

It's not uncommon for the likes of a financial worker that may be subject to sensitive info to be given "garden leave" after being sacked (meaning they can't go to another company until they are released by way of compensation or their notice period expires).

Petrie could by all rights make CC unemployable for the next 3 years but would still have to pay him, and I can't see Petrie or CC wanting that option.