PDA

View Full Version : Biggest Laugh at ER yesterday

ancient hibee
06-11-2011, 02:17 PM
When in the last minute our goalie who won't go near the ball when we are defending a corner ran upfield to join the attack when we had a corner.From where I sit it seemed he managed to flatten O'Hanlon who looked like he might get a header in.

Confirmed we have become a joke team.

Seekyit
06-11-2011, 02:36 PM
When in the last minute our goalie who won't go near the ball when we are defending a corner ran upfield to join the attack when we had a corner.From where I sit it seemed he managed to flatten O'Hanlon who looked like he might get a header in.

Confirmed we have become a joke team.

It's the amount of people that laughed at that that worries me. Some people can't take it seriously any more. Not that you can blame them...

HibsMax
06-11-2011, 02:40 PM
It's the amount of people that laughed at that that worries me. Some people can't take it seriously any more. Not that you can blame them...

Sometimes all you can do is laugh.

Gatecrasher
06-11-2011, 02:46 PM
Stack showed more desire to score in that 1 corner than most of the team throughout the whole game.

Jim44
06-11-2011, 02:48 PM
This might be an appropriate place to ask if anyone thought Stack played a part in the loss of the early goal. I was directly in line with the cross and thought that he wrongly froze on his line. He could easily have intercepted the cross, in my opinion.

HibsMax
06-11-2011, 02:59 PM
This might be an appropriate place to ask if anyone thought Stack played a part in the loss of the early goal. I was directly in line with the cross and thought that he wrongly froze on his line. He could easily have intercepted the cross, in my opinion.

Hibs tv doesn't show replays but my original viewing makes me think the same as you.

Scouse Hibee
06-11-2011, 03:06 PM

:agree: A superb shot stopper but his reluctance to move from his line is frustrating and costly.

LeithBoozy
06-11-2011, 03:12 PM
This might be an appropriate place to ask if anyone thought Stack played a part in the loss of the early goal. I was directly in line with the cross and thought that he wrongly froze on his line. He could easily have intercepted the cross, in my opinion.When the ball is travelling that distance from the wing to the far post, it should be the goalies ball. Even when he does come for it,he has a tendency to drop it. IMO a very good shotstopper, but Static on crosses.

cocopops1875
06-11-2011, 04:47 PM
I think the issue is he got a hard time for his mistake against celtic where he did come and try and take the pressure off and cost us a goal, i would suggest that this will have been broken down and the decision made he stays centre/front and anything over him will be delt with by a defender, now with that in mind the attacker was not even put off by a defender being anywhere near him thus an easy unhindered finish. Big rob Jones hated maka getting involved in defenders bread & butter

Amit
06-11-2011, 08:05 PM
Biggest laugh was when 2 stewards and 2 police marched up the East Stand to confiscate a can of Irn-Bru from a gentleman...

Ridiculous..!

CallumLaidlaw
06-11-2011, 08:10 PM
Biggest laugh was when 2 stewards and 2 police marched up the East Stand to confiscate a can of Irn-Bru from a gentleman...

Ridiculous..!

Aye and the steward took a bow when everyone shouted at them. Arse.

Mikey
06-11-2011, 08:10 PM

Ridiculous..!

I saw that and wondered what was going on.

If it was someone who was with you are you sure it was a "gentleman"? :tee hee:

Amit
06-11-2011, 08:13 PM
I saw that and wondered what was going on.

If it was someone who was with you are you sure it was a "gentleman"? :tee hee:

Definitely not one of us Mikey! We've got a few boys who sneak in Greggs for their half time snack though..!

Gatecrasher
06-11-2011, 08:14 PM

Ridiculous..!

it was actually a lot worse than that, it was Red Kola :agree:

Amit
06-11-2011, 08:19 PM
it was actually a lot worse than that, it was Red Kola :agree:

That explains everything! :greengrin

Surprised they didn't bring the cavalry!

Russ
06-11-2011, 08:25 PM
Stack showed more desire to score in that 1 corner than most of the team throughout the whole game.

It's a pity the clown doesn't show the same desire to come off his line and help the defence out. I have never seen a goalie in my life who takes so little responsibility. He won't last 5 minutes under our new manager, and was one of Calderwoods major failings, a team has to know they have a capable goalie behind them, he does nothing to help the defence out, he made Stephens header a ball in the final minutes when it could easily have been claimed by him, that fud has to be launched.

Mikey
06-11-2011, 08:25 PM
Definitely not one of us Mikey! We've got a few boys who sneak in Greggs for their half time snack though..!

I've got this mental image of Cathcart being frisked on the way in and ending up with squished Steak Bake in his pocket :Ummm:

The_Exile
06-11-2011, 11:10 PM
I would suggest that this will have been broken down and the decision made he stays centre/front and anything over him will be delt with by a defender

This is usually the case when you find a keeper doesn't come off his line, instinct is to come for everything, it's hard staying on your line, so would suggest Stack is doing exactly what he is being told, probably much to his frustration, will be interesting to see how he does now a new management team will be coming in.

As a wee additional, this was the case with Nick Colgan, he used to get pelters on here for not coming off his line, but he was following instructions to the letter, again, probably much to his frustration, but nowt much you can do about it if the management team want you to stick to a certain way of doing things/defending certain situations.

BS44
06-11-2011, 11:52 PM
This is usually the case when you find a keeper doesn't come off his line, instinct is to come for everything, it's hard staying on your line, so would suggest Stack is doing exactly what he is being told, probably much to his frustration, will be interesting to see how he does now a new management team will be coming in.

As a wee additional, this was the case with Nick Colgan, he used to get pelters on here for not coming off his line, but he was following instructions to the letter, again, probably much to his frustration, but nowt much you can do about it if the management team want you to stick to a certain way of doing things/defending certain situations.

Stack's been told to stay on his line! What a lot of tosh.

cocopops1875
07-11-2011, 07:05 AM
Stack's been told to stay on his line! What a lot of tosh.

Great rebuttal, well thought out theory and well worded, you really are a credit to Hibs.net. I would make sure you are kicking about the club shop today as you clearly know your stuff and I think you will at least be in line for a coaching role