PDA

View Full Version : Calderwood Sacked (Merged)

Mikey
06-11-2011, 12:47 PM
I'm hearing jungle drums. Anyone else?

down the slope
06-11-2011, 12:49 PM
Ah had curry last night as well !.

jonty
06-11-2011, 12:49 PM
Another week, another rumour. :yawn2:
If you had a £1 for every time your heard the current manager was away Mikey, you could retire. Or buy a round.

Hibee87
06-11-2011, 12:52 PM
I fully expect him to be away tomorrow with bb his replacement

blackpoolhibs
06-11-2011, 12:56 PM
If this is true, and i hope to god it is. It will be Petrie hopeing to make the AGM a little easier for him and the rest of the clampits on tuesday.

This clown should have been sacked months ago, and a proper leader, one who knew he'd made another cock up should have had the decency to do then.

Just another case of sticking his finger in the dam if true.

CallumLaidlaw
06-11-2011, 12:58 PM
If this is true, and i hope to god it is. It will be Petrie hopeing to make the AGM a little easier for him and the rest of the clampits on tuesday.

This clown should have been sacked months ago, and a proper leader, one who knew he'd made another cock up should have had the decency to do then.

Biggest mistake ever made was the board being stubborn and refusing money for a man that clearly wasn't committed to the club, in the summer.

hibiedude
06-11-2011, 01:05 PM
I'm hearing jungle drums. Anyone else?

Got a text last night saying Petrie ignored CC after the game and some players were clearly heard in the hospitality suite saying "NOT another new manager" didn’t want to say encase like most things it was the said through frustration after the game.

greenlex
06-11-2011, 01:12 PM
Heard nowt but will be nore than surprised if CC is in charge fir our next fixture.

DH1875
06-11-2011, 01:18 PM
Got a text last night saying Petrie ignored CC after the game and some players were clearly heard in the hospitality suite saying "NOT another new manager" didn’t want to say encase like most things it was the said through frustration after the game.

How many of the team, squad even, from yesterday played under Mixu? Most of them will only have played under 1 or 2 (Yogi and CC). If they can't see the need or want for a new manager then they can get tae as well.

hibiedude
06-11-2011, 01:36 PM
How many of the team, squad even, from yesterday played under Mixu? Most of them will only have played under 1 or 2 (Yogi and CC). If they can't see the need or want for a new manager then they can get tae as well.

I personally think our problems go deeper than having a poor manager.

Oscar T Grouch
06-11-2011, 01:42 PM

That must have been Lewis :greengrin Is that 5 now?

Hibercelona
06-11-2011, 01:51 PM

:agree:

As much as I want CC to be shown the door, I have a horrible gut feeling that theres something more sinister at work.

Not trying to start any daft rumours, its just a gut feeling.

One Day Soon
06-11-2011, 02:01 PM

As much as I want CC to be shown the door, I have a horrible gut feeling that theres something more sinister at work.

Such as?

Hibercelona
06-11-2011, 02:06 PM
Such as?

Such as a "gut feeling".

I don't know whats wrong, or if something else even is wrong. I just have a feeling that there is.

The Green Goblin
06-11-2011, 02:09 PM

I agree. If CC does go before Tuesday's AGM, it will be hard not to see it as the powers that be throwing the dog a bone to stop it barking.

GG

greenginger
06-11-2011, 02:09 PM

Petrie picking the team himself , now that would be sinister ! :greengrin

pacorosssco
06-11-2011, 02:11 PM
Such as?

one scenario?

Petrie wouldn't let him quit in summer unless a certain amount of comp was paid as per contract after interest from other clubs. It put a strain on their relationship. CC wanted to go . Petrie wanted him to stay and finish what he started. CC hasn't tried an ounce since and is deliberately playing players out of position to get the sack and have his contract paid up so he can then join another club as No 2 without any comp being paid to hibs.

Why does he keep changing team when we see an improvement.

CC is the worst Hibs manager of my lifetime. Not only is he crap but I think he is playing dangerous games behind scenes

HibsMax
06-11-2011, 02:21 PM
one scenario?

Petrie wouldn't let him quit in summer unless a certain amount of comp was paid as per contract after interest from other clubs. It put a stain on their relationship. CC wanted to go . Petrie wanted him to stay and finish what he started. CC hasn't tried an ounce since and is deliberately playing players out of position to get the sack and have his contract paid up so he can then join another club as No 2 without any comp being paid to hibs.

CC is the worst Hibs manager of my lifetime. Not only is he crap but I think he is playing dangerous games behind scenes

Is he also bribing the players to perform poorly?

MrSmith
06-11-2011, 02:25 PM

I wonder if his two sweetie bags are deep enough??

pacorosssco
06-11-2011, 02:25 PM

doubt it but maybe playing them out of position brings out the worst in them?

tamig
06-11-2011, 02:26 PM
one scenario?

Petrie wouldn't let him quit in summer unless a certain amount of comp was paid as per contract after interest from other clubs. It put a stain on their relationship. CC wanted to go . Petrie wanted him to stay and finish what he started. CC hasn't tried an ounce since and is deliberately playing players out of position to get the sack and have his contract paid up so he can then join another club as No 2 without any comp being paid to hibs.

That gave me a good laugh! Outlandish theory.

Nailrod
06-11-2011, 02:27 PM
one scenario?

It's a good conspiracy theory. Can you expand on it to explain why Collins, Mixu, and Yogi were all Tom Kite as well?

:cgwa

(Just for clarity - I think Calderwood is the worst manager we ever had apart from all the other useless ones as well, but I thought I ought to use this smiley in case it's not there any more tomorrow...)

hibiedude
06-11-2011, 02:28 PM
I fully expect Calderwood to be gone by tea time tomorrow and Petrie to announce Hibs are looking for new manager taking the pressure of himself for Tuesdays AGM.

Calderwood will be made the scapegoat at the meeting with Petrie announcing the new manager will have money for the January transfer window.

Were have I heard that before :hmmm:

stubru59
one scenario?

This would indicate a plan. You're giving him too much credit.

HibsMax
doubt it but maybe playing them out of position brings out the worst in them?

That certainly won't help matters but playing in position or not they should still be getting the fundamentals right but they're failing even with the basics for some reason.

HibsMax
06-11-2011, 02:30 PM
I fully expect Calderwood to be gone by tea time tomorrow and Petrie to announce Hibs are looking for new manager taking the pressure of himself for Tuesdays AGM.

Calderwood will be made the scapegoat at the meeting with Petrie announcing the new manager will have money for the January transfer window.

Were have I heard that before :hmmm:

If Petrie thinks any managerial decisions are going to take any heat off him at this stage then I think he's sorely mistaken. Even an instant appointment of Strachan would have some calling for his resignation.

pacorosssco
06-11-2011, 02:32 PM
It's a good conspiracy theory. Can you expand on it to explain why Collins, Mixu, and Yogi were all Tom Kite as well?

sorry I cant but give me time to have a sunday refreshment and ill have a try. stranger things have happened. If players can refuse to play for managers surely managers can do the same for chairman if they have no more interest in job or other offers?

pacorosssco
06-11-2011, 02:35 PM
That certainly won't help matters but playing in position or not they should still be getting the fundamentals right but they're failing even with the basics for some reason.

because the manager isnt coaching them right maybe:greengrin? is only a different way of looking at it. maybe well find out the truth maybe we wont. still waiting on jc gate to come out.

HibsMax
06-11-2011, 02:42 PM
because the manager isnt coaching them right maybe:greengrin? is only a different way of looking at it. maybe well find out the truth maybe we wont. still waiting on jc gate to come out.

Nah, I don't buy that. Professional footballers should have a basic ability to do their job. You shouldn't need coached to pass a football. Not at this level. I'm not saying they don't need any coaching but some of the errors we see on a weekly basic are schoolboy stuff. Sorry to all the schoolboys out there. No offense.

Nailrod
06-11-2011, 02:44 PM
[QUOTE=Nailrod;2973211]It's a good conspiracy theory. Can you expand on it to explain why Collins, Mixu, and Yogi were all Tom Kite as well?

sorry I cant but give me time to have a sunday refreshment and ill have a try. stranger things have happened. If players can refuse to play for managers surely managers can do the same for chairman if they have no more interest in job or other offers?

Have a good few - you deserve them if you were at the game yesterday...

On a more serious note, I think football management is far too dodgy a business for any manager to try to 'engineer' his departure in the way you suggest. Calderwood would have a much better chance of moving on and up if he was doing brilliant and clubs were queueing up for him. After his pathetic showing with Hibs I can't believe either of the clubs who were interested in the summer are still so inclined. Their Chairman would have some hard explaining to do.

By the way, ref your "staying on to finish what he started" remark, unfortunately he appears to be in the process of doing just that. :boo hoo:

bingo70
06-11-2011, 02:48 PM
Nah, I don't buy that. Professional footballers should have a basic ability to do their job. You shouldn't need coached to pass a football. Not at this level. I'm not saying they don't need any coaching but some of the errors we see on a weekly basic are schoolboy stuff. Sorry to all the schoolboys out there. No offense.

I don't know what CC does but he could be too hard on them for making mistakes so they're scared to play their natural game or it could be that he's too easy on them for making these mistakes, either way with a better manager and doing well i bet these mistakes would happen less.

pacorosssco
06-11-2011, 02:53 PM
[QUOTE=pacorosssco;2973225]

Have a good few - you deserve them if you were at the game yesterday...

On a more serious note, I think football management is far too dodgy a business for any manager to try to 'engineer' his departure in the way you suggest. Calderwood would have a much better chance of moving on and up if he was doing brilliant and clubs were queueing up for him. After his pathetic showing with Hibs I can't believe either of the clubs who were interested in the summer are still so inclined. Their Chairman would have some hard explaining to do.

By the way, ref your "staying on to finish what he started" remark, unfortunately he appears to be in the process of doing just that. :boo hoo:

Sadly I dont make too many games at the moment but still suffer on HibsTV. Thank you though I will enjoy an afternoon refreshment and ill have a drink to a new at least half decent manger.

HibsMax
06-11-2011, 02:56 PM
I don't know what CC does but he could be too hard on them for making mistakes so they're scared to play their natural game or it could be that he's too easy on them for making these mistakes, either way with a better manager and doing well i bet these mistakes would happen less.

I'll agree with the "doing well" part because confidence is a huge part of any sport. The only "sports" I play are golf and pool, with pool being the one I'm actually good at. But if I'm feeling off my game I can miss the easiest of shots. Other times I'm on fire and can't miss. And I don't have a coach. My point is that I'm laying the blame, for these mistakes, squarely at the feet of the players and their confidence.

Maybe the players are scared of the abuse they know they'll get from the fans?

Edit : players SHOULD be scared of the manager for playing badly.

chrisski33
06-11-2011, 02:59 PM
maybe a bit irrelevant but have you noticed Newcastles form since CC left has improved?

bingo70
06-11-2011, 03:00 PM
I'll agree with the "doing well" part because confidence is a huge part of any sport. The only "sports" I play are golf and pool, with pool being the one I'm actually good at. But if I'm feeling off my game I can miss the easiest of shots. Other times I'm on fire and can't miss. And I don't have a coach. My point is that I'm laying the blame, for these mistakes, squarely at the feet of the players and their confidence.

Maybe the players are scared of the abuse they know they'll get from the fans?

No doubt in my mind its a factor, however these players that are being affected by a crowd of about 10000 need to go and grow themselves a pair of balls, if they want to be footballers they need to deal with it as the day fans don't criticize performances like we've seen this season then the game truly is a bogie.

I'd say it's the managers job to install confidence in the players if he's not doing that he should be punted

HibsMax
06-11-2011, 03:03 PM
No doubt in my mind its a factor, however these players that are being affected by a crowd of about 10000 need to go and grow themselves a pair of balls, if they want to be footballers they need to deal with it as the day fans don't criticize performances like we've seen this season then the game truly is a bogie.

I'd say it's the managers job to install confidence in the players if he's not doing that he should be punted

I don't think you can install confidence. Personally speaking. You can tell me I'm as great as anyone else out their but unless I'm delivering I won't believe you. He can try to bolster their confidence and give them encouragement but confidence is not something you just get. At least not for me. Perhaps other people differ. I need to play at a high level consistently for my own confidence to grow.

bingo70
06-11-2011, 03:10 PM
I don't think you can install confidence. Personally speaking. You can tell me I'm as great as anyone else out their but unless I'm delivering I won't believe you. He can try to bolster their confidence and give them encouragement but confidence is not something you just get. At least not for me. Perhaps other people differ. I need to play at a high level consistently for my own confidence to grow.

Do you think we just appoint a manager to pick the team, formation and to sign players then? IMO he's there to motivate them to play at the best of their ability and he's not doing that.

His inability to organise the defence has got us struggling near the bottom which will in turn effect the confidence of the players so to suggest the manager isn't responsible for lack of confidence is wrong IMO

Kato
06-11-2011, 03:12 PM

No manager can instill confidence. Only wins and goals can do that.

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-11-2011, 03:24 PM
If Petrie thinks any managerial decisions are going to take any heat off him at this stage then I think he's sorely mistaken. Even an instant appointment of Strachan would have some calling for his resignation. Got to agree with this, I think the problem runs much deeper than simply changing the manager again (although he is evidently pish). There appears to be serious issues throughout the club, I'm just not sure if there is anyone capable of providing a fix.

HFC 0-7
06-11-2011, 03:26 PM

:cgwa

(Just for clarity - I think Calderwood is the worst manager we ever had apart from all the other useless ones as well, but I thought I ought to use this smiley in case it's not there any more tomorrow...)

Oh how i would love some of the tom kite Collins offered up in his time managing hibs, a cup win and a 43% win rate!

Septimus
06-11-2011, 03:28 PM
I am puzzled about O'Connor. Yesterday he was utter rubbish. Why? When he came to us he was full of enthusiasm and running. He was a class apart from everyone else on show at ER but that seems to have evaporated. Could it be that the players are trying to get rid of CC?

WhileTheChief..
06-11-2011, 03:40 PM
I'm pretty sure that last year Hughes left the day before the AGM was due and it was postponed for a month or so. I'm expecting a statement saying he's gone tomorrow, AGM cancelled and the new search has begun.

It's a shame that it's come to this but it just hasn't worked out. We won't hear from CC again.

ScottB
06-11-2011, 03:46 PM
I am puzzled about O'Connor. Yesterday he was utter rubbish. Why? When he came to us he was full of enthusiasm and running. He was a class apart from everyone else on show at ER but that seems to have evaporated. Could it be that the players are trying to get rid of CC?

Supposedly he was out drinking on Friday night, there's your answer.

HFC 0-7

O'connor has been in the media again because of his court appearance for fraud. Being accused of 100K insurance fraud will probably have your mind elsewhere rather than concentrating on a football match.

down-the-slope

was my thinking too...that there may be a compromise agreement in the offing to make the AGM less of a bun fight...no info, just that it would fit with way things have been done before....

Personally I still think the manager could make it given time and support...I doubt the majority of fans will wear that though.

HibsMax
06-11-2011, 04:02 PM
Do you think we just appoint a manager to pick the team, formation and to sign players then? IMO he's there to motivate them to play at the best of their ability and he's not doing that.

His inability to organise the defence has got us struggling near the bottom which will in turn effect the confidence of the players so to suggest the manager isn't responsible for lack of confidence is wrong IMO

For the most part, yes.

We will agree to disagree on confidence. There are a lot of things we can blame CC for but I think we're stretching things if we try to blame him for that as well. The mistakes we are making are fundamental errors. Caveat - if CC is actually telling the players to run around like headless chickens, shoot off-target, pass the ball to the opposition, etc. then I concede that CC is more to blame than I originally thought. I highly doubt that is the case, as I am sure you do too.

You said earlier that CC might be too hard on them and they're scared to play their natural game, and I understand that concept. The worse you play, the harder you try. The harder you try, the more mistakes you make. Skills can be coached but a lot of ability is natural talent. If you try and force that it's no longer natural and you don't perform at the level you can. If you're going to point a / the finger at CC for the dip in confidence then we have to accept some ourselves because on match days the most feedback comes from the crowd. When you point a finger there are three pointing back at you.

Sorry for the rant, I just don't think we can heap everything on his lap.

HibsMax
06-11-2011, 04:04 PM

I think any notion of CC trying to get sacked or the players trying to get CC sacked are wide of the mark. Anyone, player or manager, who deliberately underperforms in order to make some sort of point is shooting themself in the foot. I know I wouldn't consider hiring someone with that sort of work ethic.

hibsbollah
06-11-2011, 04:06 PM
If Petrie thinks any managerial decisions are going to take any heat off him at this stage then I think he's sorely mistaken. Even an instant appointment of Strachan would have some calling for his resignation.

I dont think he'd be mistaken at all, he'd be spot on. Sack CC and the Lochend pitchforks would be put aaway until the next time. Football fans are generally stupid with short memories. And i include myself in that.

Wheat Hound
06-11-2011, 04:08 PM
Anyway, anyone else heard any other whispers other than Mikey?

LeithBoozy
06-11-2011, 04:15 PM

His inability to organise the defence has got us struggling near the bottom which will in turn effect the confidence of the players so to suggest the manager isn't responsible for lack of confidence is wrong IMO You are right mate, it is his job to organise things,and he has failed badly. The only thing he should be allowed to look at now at ER, is that big board with the taxi number on it.

silverhibee
06-11-2011, 04:16 PM

I doubt that, but he is playing enough players out of position that it is maybe effecting how they play and perform and they are losing confidence in themselfs that they are playing poorly, bizzare subs during games, it always seems to be the players that are having good games too, and what has happened to the only young prospect at the club in Callum Booth.

YehButNoBut
06-11-2011, 04:17 PM
Anyway, anyone else heard any other whispers other than Mikey?

Most likely a lot of p*sh but the only rumour I can find on twitter

@JohnEightyEight (https://twitter.com/#%21/JohnEightyEight) Rumour has it colin calderwood will be away before hibs AGM on tues with roy aitken being possibly lined up as new manager.

IFONLY
06-11-2011, 04:22 PM
one scenario?

Petrie wouldn't let him quit in summer unless a certain amount of comp was paid as per contract after interest from other clubs. It put a strain on their relationship. CC wanted to go . Petrie wanted him to stay and finish what he started. CC hasn't tried an ounce since and is deliberately playing players out of position to get the sack and have his contract paid up so he can then join another club as No 2 without any comp being paid to hibs.

Same team yesterday as the one that drew at Parkhead the week before

HibsMax
06-11-2011, 04:26 PM
was my thinking too...that there may be a compromise agreement in the offing to make the AGM less of a bun fight...no info, just that it would fit with way things have been done before....

Personally I still think the manager could make it given time and support...I doubt the majority of fans will wear that though.

Well I was one of the 10 that voted for him to stay, so I guess I'm wearing it.

I think we've seen good performances from (almost) all the players we have in the team right now. We've seen a few, far too few, decent performances from the team as a whole as well. The mystery is why there is no consistency. The defence is a trainwreck but there is nothing we can do about that outside of the transfer window so, unfortunately, it looks like we need to wait until the next window (again!) to remedy this or find some other solution within the current team.

Here's an unoriginal idea.....instead of changing the manager yet again, how about the board finds the resources to support him in his transfer dealings? I'm against the idea of going into debt to do this this but the club has to be concerned about LOSING money as well as SPENDING it since they both affect the bottom line. I'm suggesting that the board supports CC and we do whatever is necessary to shore up our leaky defence, start there. The club might be prudent and unwilling to open up the coffers but if the fans keep voting with their feet then the coffers are going to dwindle anyway. I know many posters have been saying the same thing. The reason I am saying it now is that I think about what would happen if CC was replaced and his replacement had little financial backing from the board. He would have to work with CC's players and then find more of his own with buttons and beads. Either that or we need some manager who has the ability to turn around any team, no matter how bad, with little resources. Is there such a manger out there who would come work for Hibs? Wouldn't you think that a manager as talented as that would have offers elsewhere?

I've been saying for years that I have supported the board's plan to invest in the infrastructure first, then the team. We have completed those infrastructure investments and now it's time to invest in the team (although after posting losses of almost one million pounds that might not be on the board's todo list). The plan is only half complete. We HAVE to invest in the team. I don't know where the money comes from but it has to come from somewhere since the investment in East Mains hasn't really been paying dividends.

HibsMax
06-11-2011, 04:28 PM
I dont think he'd be mistaken at all, he'd be spot on. Sack CC and the Lochend pitchforks would be put aaway until the next time. Football fans are generally stupid with short memories. And i include myself in that.

Really? So all those chants for "CC has to go and take Petrie with you" would be quashed if on CC was to leave? Seems to me that there is a lot of blame being put on the board this time around as well.

HibsMax
06-11-2011, 04:31 PM
I doubt that, but he is playing enough players out of position that it is maybe effecting how they play and perform and they are losing confidence in themselfs that they are playing poorly, bizzare subs during games, it always seems to be the players that are having good games too, and what has happened to the only young prospect at the club in Callum Booth.

I can understand that being played out of position would affect your ability to perform as well as you can during the game but can it affect you so much as you look like you've never played the game before? Genuine question as I have no experience playing football at a competitive level.

I'm not trying to absolve CC of blame, just some of it. It's like when Hibs play well, BB gets credit. When Hibs play a shocker, CC gets stick. There is enough blame to go around, I don't think it all rests on his shoulders.

HFC 0-7
06-11-2011, 04:37 PM

I think we've seen good performances from (almost) all the players we have in the team right now. We've seen a few, far too few, decent performances from the team as a whole as well. The mystery is why there is no consistency. The defence is a trainwreck but there is nothing we can do about that outside of the transfer window so, unfortunately, it looks like we need to wait until the next window (again!) to remedy this or find some other solution within the current team.

Here's an unoriginal idea.....instead of changing the manager yet again, how about the board finds the resources to support him in his transfer dealings? I'm against the idea of going into debt to do this this but the club has to be concerned about LOSING money as well as SPENDING it since they both affect the bottom line. I'm suggesting that the board supports CC and we do whatever is necessary to shore up our leaky defence, start there. The club might be prudent and unwilling to open up the coffers but if the fans keep voting with their feet then the coffers are going to dwindle anyway. I know many posters have been saying the same thing. The reason I am saying it now is that I think about what would happen if CC was replaced and his replacement had little financial backing from the board. He would have to work with CC's players and then find more of his own with buttons and beads. Either that or we need some manager who has the ability to turn around any team, no matter how bad, with little resources. Is there such a manger out there who would come work for Hibs? Wouldn't you think that a manager as talented as that would have offers elsewhere?

I've been saying for years that I have supported the board's plan to invest in the infrastructure first, then the team. We have completed those infrastructure investments and now it's time to invest in the team (although after posting losses of almost one million pounds that might not be on the board's todo list). The plan is only half complete. We HAVE to invest in the team. I don't know where the money comes from but it has to come from somewhere since the investment in East Mains hasn't really been paying dividends.

Why would you back someone with more cash to address a bad defence if the same person has had 2 transfer windows to sort it but hasnt. Brought in 2 players, one of which looks very dodgy (O'Hanlon) and the other will be going away at the end of the season back to his parent club. In addition this same manager has many other positions that he will need to cover off as there are quite a few short term contracts coming to an end. In any business you have to cut your losses not plough more money into something or someone that is failing.

HibeeMG
06-11-2011, 04:37 PM

The problem is that CC hasn't shown any ability (or willingness?) to manage the players he has.

Whether he has had the appropriate backing is up for debate but he was given an unprecedented clean slate to mould the team to how he wants during the summer.

I'd be very wary about allowing him any further funds.

You only need to look at how Stuart McCall has done at Motherwell. If he had been the Hibs manager and had gotten that level of performance from the Hibs players then I would be the first one saying he should be allowed to move up a step in the transfer market. Unfortunately McCall isn't the Hibs manager and CC definitely isn't as good as McCall.

HFC 0-7
06-11-2011, 04:47 PM
I can understand that being played out of position would affect your ability to perform as well as you can during the game but can it affect you so much as you look like you've never played the game before? Genuine question as I have no experience playing football at a competitive level.

I'm not trying to absolve CC of blame, just some of it. It's like when Hibs play well, BB gets credit. When Hibs play a shocker, CC gets stick. There is enough blame to go around, I don't think it all rests on his shoulders.

A player being played out of position or his position constantly changing can effect a player big time especially if he is young. Pallson played at RB got a roasting a few times and his confidence dropped. Wotherspoon got played too much altogether but in different positions. All it takes for a young player to get a massive dent is to have a couple of bad games and still being picked to play. IMO its happened with wotherspoon, Booth and Pallson. When the confidence goes and you get scared of making mistakes you rush everything, you panic, maybe hold onto the ball for a split second too long and passes that were available are no longer available. Some players try and think about what they are doing too much when confidence is low and nothing is natural anymore and looks 'forced'. You play your best football through instinct during a game IMO, you dont have time to think you choose the pass because it comes naturally to you, not because you assess the options and then decide. If you look at any game this season we are never flowing we either looked rushed or too lazy. Thats, IMO, because they panic and get shot of the ball quick or they try and choose a right pass but it takes too long and they get caught with it. To be fair I think the BB credit only came because there was a couple of better performances immediately after he came in.

HibsMax
06-11-2011, 04:55 PM
Why would you back someone with more cash to address a bad defence if the same person has had 2 transfer windows to sort it but hasnt.
My point is that I don't think he was given sufficient funds to fix the team adequately, certainly not a stack of blank cheques. I mean give him money he needs to make decent investments. I'm not so sure that he had that backing the first time around - maybe he did, maybe he just failed to spend it wisely. Some of his other appointments have looked good so it's not that I don't trust his judgment. I am typically against the "break the bank" style of running a football club but we need so invest something.

In addition this same manager has many other positions that he will need to cover off as there are quite a few short term contracts coming to an end.
You're assuming that these players will all leave at the end of the season thus need replacing.

In any business you have to cut your losses not plough more money into something or someone that is failing.
That is only partially true, some businesses need several rounds of financing to achieve their goals. It takes startups years to operate in the black. I think it's a mistake to use any old business analogy when talking about football. I agree with cutting losses when it's clear that there is nothing more to be gained but can we say that about CC in terms of his ventures into the transfer market? Has he frittered away millions on duds? I don't think so. You could argue that he doesn't deserve the chance but again, I think some of his appointments have been pretty decent.

The overall point I am making is that you can bring in ANY manager and tie their hands with a tight budget and they would generally perform in much the same way (IMO).

Alfred E Newman
06-11-2011, 04:58 PM
For the most part, yes.

We will agree to disagree on confidence. There are a lot of things we can blame CC for but I think we're stretching things if we try to blame him for that as well. The mistakes we are making are fundamental errors. Caveat - if CC is actually telling the players to run around like headless chickens, shoot off-target, pass the ball to the opposition, etc. then I concede that CC is more to blame than I originally thought. I highly doubt that is the case, as I am sure you do too.

You said earlier that CC might be too hard on them and they're scared to play their natural game, and I understand that concept. The worse you play, the harder you try. The harder you try, the more mistakes you make. Skills can be coached but a lot of ability is natural talent. If you try and force that it's no longer natural and you don't perform at the level you can. If you're going to point a / the finger at CC for the dip in confidence then we have to accept some ourselves because on match days the most feedback comes from the crowd. When you point a finger there are three pointing back at you.

Sorry for the rant, I just don't think we can heap everything on his lap.

Is it not just the fact that the current squad, almost completely assembled by Calderwood, is very poor? He has cleared out Yogi`s duff lot and achieved the impossible by making it worse. Maybe some players have let him down but the squad is now filled by some players who should never have been let near a Hibs jersey, loan players and others who have unfortunately had their day at the club. Even with the limited funds at his disposal Calderwood has made a pigs ear of it and for that he has to go, as well as our array of so called coaches who crowd the bench on match days.
Unfortunately though, any new manager is going to have a monumental task getting us out of this mess with this mediocre squad.

HibsMax
06-11-2011, 04:59 PM
The problem is that CC hasn't shown any ability (or willingness?) to manage the players he has.

Whether he has had the appropriate backing is up for debate but he was given an unprecedented clean slate to mould the team to how he wants during the summer.

I'd be very wary about allowing him any further funds.

You only need to look at how Stuart McCall has done at Motherwell. If he had been the Hibs manager and had gotten that level of performance from the Hibs players then I would be the first one saying he should be allowed to move up a step in the transfer market. Unfortunately McCall isn't the Hibs manager and CC definitely isn't as good as McCall.

Would CC have a better team now if he had more money? I have no idea. We could be just as bad but with more debt or we could be challenging for top 3. Or we could be in the middle. Or. Or. Or. We don't know.

Whatever we decide to do, whomever we appoint, or stick with, I do think that further investment is needed.

HibsMax
06-11-2011, 05:02 PM
A player being played out of position or his position constantly changing can effect a player big time especially if he is young. Pallson played at RB got a roasting a few times and his confidence dropped. Wotherspoon got played too much altogether but in different positions. All it takes for a young player to get a massive dent is to have a couple of bad games and still being picked to play. IMO its happened with wotherspoon, Booth and Pallson. When the confidence goes and you get scared of making mistakes you rush everything, you panic, maybe hold onto the ball for a split second too long and passes that were available are no longer available. Some players try and think about what they are doing too much when confidence is low and nothing is natural anymore and looks 'forced'. You play your best football through instinct during a game IMO, you dont have time to think you choose the pass because it comes naturally to you, not because you assess the options and then decide. If you look at any game this season we are never flowing we either looked rushed or too lazy. Thats, IMO, because they panic and get shot of the ball quick or they try and choose a right pass but it takes too long and they get caught with it. To be fair I think the BB credit only came because there was a couple of better performances immediately after he came in.

I agree with all of that but this drop in confidence seems to have hit everyone, not just those being played out of position. Surely there are some players in the dressing room with the ability to pick up the younger members of the team, as opposed to that task being left up to CC?

The whole team is a mess and some people think that CC going is the best answer. Maybe it is. I would love it if replacing him was all that it took to get us back on the right track but I'm not sure that's all it will take.

Time will tell.

HibsMax
06-11-2011, 05:05 PM
Is it not just the fact that the current squad, almost completely assembled by Calderwood, is very poor? He has cleared out Yogi`s duff lot and achieved the impossible by making it worse. Maybe some players have let him down but the squad is now filled by some players who should never have been let near a Hibs jersey, loan players and others who have unfortunately had their day at the club. Even with the limited funds at his disposal Calderwood has made a pigs ear of it and for that he has to go, as well as our array of so called coaches who crowd the bench on match days.
Unfortunately though, any new manager is going to have a monumental task getting us out of this mess with this mediocre squad.

I'm not sure. There are definitely some good players in the team but they only seem to show flashes of brilliance.

HFC 0-7
06-11-2011, 05:08 PM
My point is that I don't think he was given sufficient funds to fix the team adequately, certainly not a stack of blank cheques. I mean give him money he needs to make decent investments. I'm not so sure that he had that backing the first time around - maybe he did, maybe he just failed to spend it wisely. Some of his other appointments have looked good so it's not that I don't trust his judgment. I am typically against the "break the bank" style of running a football club but we need so invest something.

You're assuming that these players will all leave at the end of the season thus need replacing.

That is only partially true, some businesses need several rounds of financing to achieve their goals. It takes startups years to operate in the black. I think it's a mistake to use any old business analogy when talking about football. I agree with cutting losses when it's clear that there is nothing more to be gained but can we say that about CC in terms of his ventures into the transfer market? Has he frittered away millions on duds? I don't think so. You could argue that he doesn't deserve the chance but again, I think some of his appointments have been pretty decent.

The overall point I am making is that you can bring in ANY manager and tie their hands with a tight budget and they would generally perform in much the same way (IMO).

Yes startups will take a while to operate in the black but you dont keep chucking money in if there is no improvement. In terms of points gained we are behind where we were at this stage last season in a league that is probably worse than last season. No manager has every had millions when managing hibs so that point is a bit OTT IMO. I would say that a lot of his signings are no better than what we had so isnt an improvement. If the board were going to do something they hadnt done already and throw money at the squad I certainly wouldnt give it to someone that struggled to commit to the club, have brought in a lot of players and we havent moved forward, a manager that knew the defence was a big problem (a manager himself) but hasnt sorted it. There are managers out there that work on tiny budgets and do the best with what they have got. What I would say with CC is that because we can turn in half decent performances and then unbelievably bad performances, often in the same game, more money wont solve the problem on that side. By his own mouth he has time and time again said the team is playing under par, they are good in training but not on match day suggests that having more monmey wont be solving the issues we have at the moment. Money cant buy proper tactics and team selections.

HibeeMG
06-11-2011, 05:12 PM
Would CC have a better team now if he had more money? I have no idea. We could be just as bad but with more debt or we could be challenging for top 3. Or we could be in the middle. Or. Or. Or. We don't know.

Whatever we decide to do, whomever we appoint, or stick with, I do think that further investment is needed.

You're missing the point.

The Motherwell team 'on paper' isn't as good or is at most on a par with the Hibs team. The difference is how they are trained, set-up and motivated.

If a manager like McCall can show that he can get the most out of inferior players then he deserves the gamble of being given funds which the club can't essentially afford. Calderwood hasn't shown any managerial ability whatsoever so there is no way we should gamble our financial future on him.

If this last year or so has been a job-trial for CC for him to be allowed to 'break the bank' then I'm afraid he has failed.

HFC 0-7
06-11-2011, 05:13 PM
I agree with all of that but this drop in confidence seems to have hit everyone, not just those being played out of position. Surely there are some players in the dressing room with the ability to pick up the younger members of the team, as opposed to that task being left up to CC?

The whole team is a mess and some people think that CC going is the best answer. Maybe it is. I would love it if replacing him was all that it took to get us back on the right track but I'm not sure that's all it will take.

Time will tell.

Senior players can put an arm around these younger players and say it alright but if they are put back in the wrong position or kept playing when they need a break where they can make a mistake again will not help them. In all honesty I dont see a senior player in there that can help the younger ones. In the past we have had players that seem mature, not too hot headed etc. Players like Jones who IMO was level headed and quite mature about things. Your right about the whole team being down on confidence, IMO this has a lot to do with the systems and selections calderwood asks the team to play. Players dont seem to know what they have meant to be doing, where they have meant to be on the pitch what they should be doing when we have the ball and what they should be doing when we dont have it. Corners and throwins are a prime example of this.

smurf
06-11-2011, 05:22 PM
Any truth in this?

hailhail22
06-11-2011, 05:47 PM
Any truth in this?

Just had a text from my mate saying he had been sacked and i said nothing has been confirmed on the official site and texted back saying he is definatly sacked, i would probaly take that with a pinch though.

SteveHFC
06-11-2011, 05:49 PM
Just had a text from my mate saying he had been sacked and i said nothing has been confirmed on the official site and texted back saying he is definatly sacked, i would probaly take that with a pinch though.

:pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

Dr Jimmy
06-11-2011, 05:52 PM
Just had a text from my mate saying he had been sacked and i said nothing has been confirmed on the official site and texted back saying he is definatly sacked, i would probaly take that with a pinch though. I just had a text from my mate asking if I fancy a pint. No mention of Calderwood in his text tho.......!

YehButNoBut
06-11-2011, 05:52 PM

From twitter, hopefully true

@JaneLewisSport (https://twitter.com/#%21/JaneLewisSport) Jane Lewis
BBC Scotland hearing that #Hibs (https://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23Hibs) have sacked their manager Colin Calderwood after just 12 months in charge.

@GreenArmy1875 (https://twitter.com/#%21/GreenArmy1875) Calderwood is gone.

Hibbie_Cameron
06-11-2011, 05:53 PM
He's gone

SteveHFC
06-11-2011, 05:54 PM
From twitter, hopefully true

@JaneLewisSport (https://twitter.com/#!/JaneLewisSport) Jane Lewis
BBC Scotland hearing that #Hibs (https://twitter.com/#!/search?q=%23Hibs) have sacked their manager Colin Calderwood after just 12 months in charge.

@GreenArmy1875 (https://twitter.com/#!/GreenArmy1875) Calderwood is gone.

Please be true!!!

Sylar
06-11-2011, 05:54 PM
"BBC Sport understand Hibs have sacked Colin Calderwood following a poor run of results"

StarMan10
06-11-2011, 05:55 PM
Not seen this posted yet.. BBC reporting it on the breaking news bar.

Sylar
06-11-2011, 05:55 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport/

Yellow ticker.

SteveHFC
06-11-2011, 05:56 PM
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

SteveHFC
06-11-2011, 05:57 PM
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

DaveF
06-11-2011, 05:58 PM
Thank fluck.

Calderwood will be delighted.

YehButNoBut
06-11-2011, 05:58 PM
@JaneLewisSport (https://twitter.com/#%21/JaneLewisSport) Jane Lewis
BBC Scotland hearing that #Hibs (https://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23Hibs) have sacked their manager Colin Calderwood after just 12 months in charge.

:thumbsup:

Saorsa
06-11-2011, 05:59 PM
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

hibiedude
06-11-2011, 06:00 PM
Calderwood was sacked at this afternoon but the name in the frame is ? some people are not going to like it JJ

bringbackbenny
Good (if correct).

An absolute disaster from the off.

The Green Goblin
I am glad he has gone, but I won't be celebrating either. The fact remains, that team-wise, things are still rank rotten at the club, and those that led us there still need to be held to account on Tuesday night.

This changes nothing.

GG

Elephant Stone
06-11-2011, 06:01 PM
Great news. It's difficult to dislike him, he seems like a decent guy but it just wasn't going to happen. Onwards and upwards!

Northernhibee
06-11-2011, 06:01 PM
I'm not prepared to let the board away with this one (especially so close to the AGM again) - this was a decision made several months too late.

When his bags of sweeties even hinted at interfering with pre-season, he should have been punted.

MrSmith
06-11-2011, 06:02 PM
Calderwood was sacked at this afternoon but the name in the frame is ? some people are not going to like it JJ

I don't like he whole situation that has surrounded Hibs for the past five years! Calamitous, dangerous, insidious, monotonous any more ous's folk can think of!

TheEastTerrace
Confirmed on SSN.

SACKED!

Saorsa
I am glad he has gone, but I won't be celebrating either. The fact remains, that team-wise, things are still rank rotten at the club, and those that led us there still need to be held to account on Tuesday night.

This changes nothing.

GGCorrect. He's away now the man that appointed him and backed him for far too long should follow him out the door.

Sylar
Wonder how long the new manager will get - painfully obvious that the issues extend far beyond the manager.

CC was doomed to fail from the outset.

AllyF
I'm glad he's gone, but Hibs are an absolute mess.

God Petrie
06-11-2011, 06:03 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15614041.stm

TheEastTerrace
Reported that Calderwood was told it was down to results. Really.....

surreyhibbie
Oh Dear, what a shame, never mind...

Now the fun really starts!!

Hin10
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15614041.stm :thumbsup:

SquashedFrogg
06-11-2011, 06:04 PM
Gone :aok:

Makaveli
06-11-2011, 06:05 PM
Glad he's gone, now the real issues can be addressed!

Utterly spineless of Petrie to make this call (don't kid yourself anyone else did) so close to the AGM yet again, it deflected the heat from him last time but we won't be fooled twice. His stubbornness in the summer cost us £250k+ as well as having left us a point off the bottom and paying out however much compo for this.

Still... :thumbsup:

MotherSuperior
Petrie absolutely must get the next appointment right. Sacking him was the right thing to do though.

midlothianhibby
Now confirmed on Sky Sports.

JJ may not be everyone's choice but given the lack of obvious replacements, he may be the right person at this moment in time? We need someone to sort out the complete apathy among the players that has been there for a few seasons now.

Saorsa
Petrie absolutely must get the next appointment right. Sacking him was the right thing to do though.he should have **** all tae do with it!

PaulSmith
06-11-2011, 06:06 PM
Glad he's gone, now the real issues can be addressed!

Utterly spineless of Petrie to make this call (don't kid yourself anyone else did) so close to the AGM yet again, it deflected the heat from him last time but we won't be fooled twice. His stubbornness in the summer cost us £250k+ as well as having left us a point off the bottom and paying out however much compo for this.

Still... :thumbsup:

I'm glad that he's gone, however the situation again where we have seen Hughes and now CC sacked 2 days before an AGM to save their own faces is appalling and a disgusting spineless attitude.

hibiedude
I don't like he whole situation that has surrounded Hibs for the past five years! Calamitous, dangerous, insidious, monotonous any more ous's folk can think of!

I said in another thread Calderwood would be gone by the time of the AGM and Petrie has done this to take the pressure of himself I have had text messages from people working at Hibs saying get ready for shock. :confused:

essexhibee
On sky sports news now. Good to see that we are still a big enough club to be the top breaking news :greengrin

HIBERNIAN-0762
06-11-2011, 06:08 PM
Tata

:thumbsup:

TheEastTerrace
he should have **** all tae do with it!

Amen to that.

Dashing Bob S
I'm not prepared to let the board away with this one (especially so close to the AGM again) - this was a decision made several months too late.

When his bags of sweeties even hinted at interfering with pre-season, he should have been punted.

That's it in a nutshell. Caldo was a part-time manager whose heart was somewhere else. (Der Engerlish Midderlands.)

H18sry
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15614041.stm

dp00
Radio forth just tweeted that Colin has been sacked !!! ;)

hibiedude
Its worked because no one is asking for Petries head now Calderwood has gone :agree:

Gettin' Auld
Just been announced on 5 Live.........

dp00
06-11-2011, 06:09 PM
Also on sky sports woho !!!

Billy Whizz
Nothing on the official site yet

Bob Box Fish
Glad he's gone, hope Petrie goes with him.

Saorsa
Its worked because no one is asking for Petries head now Calderwood has gone :agree:wrong!

wearethehibs
How many re-building season's in a row will that be now? Please get the right man in this time. Preferable someone who wants to play an attacking game.

Beefster
06-11-2011, 06:10 PM
While he's had to go for a while now, Rodders and co are ****ing cowards doing it right before a difficult AGM yet again. I hope they still get it tight on Tuesday.

KingFranck
06-11-2011, 06:11 PM

Absolutely agree Petrie's record of appointing managers is a disgrace. Remember as well he is the reason JC left. If the story is right that some of the players went to Petrie's door to complain about JC then it's a disgrace that RP did not tell them to get lost and tell them JC is the boss do as he says.

This does not change my stance - Season Ticket holder for years and I ain't renewing next season - the club is an absolute joke. I'd happily have JC or Yogi back but as long as Petrie is there that is never going to happen.

terryhibby
Petrie should go too. Fed up with this manager merry go round.

MotherSuperior

I agree emphatically! But I can't see him stepping down, so no doubt he's going to be the one that rolls the dice yet again.

Darth Hibbie
06-11-2011, 06:12 PM
Anything official from Hibs yet? :dunno:

cabbageandribs1875
06-11-2011, 06:12 PM
better not be that yamboid windbag jefferies :grr:

are you listening petrie :aok:

Andy74
06-11-2011, 06:13 PM
Had to happen. Now for Petrie.

Hibercelona
06-11-2011, 06:14 PM
Petrie absolutely must get the next appointment right. Sacking him was the right thing to do though.

Its evident now that Petrie only does whats right for himself.

Purehibee_MYB
Although I do have a sense of relief, I do feel bad for Colin, I did genuinely believe in what he was trying to do, it just didn't quite work... Good Luck to him wherever he goes though! :cgwa

Saorsa
Had to happen. Now for Petrie.:agree:

dp00
06-11-2011, 06:15 PM
Although I do have a sense of relief, I do feel bad for Colin, I did genuinely believe in what he was trying to do, it just didn't quite work... Good Luck to him wherever he goes though! :cgwa

I agree

Northernhibee
06-11-2011, 06:16 PM
Not enough. This board have ripped the soul out of the success we saw under the success of Mowbray and JC, and appointed failures of managers since, sold off all our best players, seen attendances plummet and seen the club making a big loss.

This should in no way make the AGM any less uncomfortable for them.

The_Famous_HFC
06-11-2011, 06:17 PM
better not be that yamboid windbag jefferies :grr:

are you listening petrie :aok:

I agree!

TheEastTerrace
Sacking CC should not absolve the board from a proper grilling on Tuesday night. They are highly culpable, particularly the seemingly untouchable Petrie. Scott Lindsay should have some difficult questions and brought to account as the person in charge of the football operations.

R'Albin
:flag: :thumbsup:

Sumner
06-11-2011, 06:18 PM
:agree::agree: Petrie next :agree::agree:

Kaiser1962
06-11-2011, 06:18 PM

You going to oust him Andy? Thought not.

You will get your wish soon enough.

Comiston Hibee
06-11-2011, 06:19 PM
Nevin to join the board - a geniune football man- you are never going to get the Tache out th edoor whilst STF still owns the club, with John Collins rightfully restored

JC should even get his sixpack out for the press conference

lucky
06-11-2011, 06:20 PM
It was the correct decision. But as a club chairman Rodders has done well but can't seem to pick a decent manager. Don't think getting him out is the answer.

Ryan69
06-11-2011, 06:21 PM
During the Motherwell game,it was said that Coco the clown was going tobe sacked and Roy Aitken is being lined up for the job.

Barney McGrew
06-11-2011, 06:21 PM
Nevin to join the board - a geniune football man- you are never going to get the Tache out th edoor whilst STF still owns the club, with John Collins rightfully restored

Nae offence to Nevin, but he didn't exactly set the heather on fire at Motherwell and I'm pretty sure he was around when they went into administration was he not?

ScottB
06-11-2011, 06:22 PM

How did 'Mr Football Man' Nevin do when he oversaw Motherwell trying to spend itself out of existence?

And if JC is such a great manager, why has he done the square root of f all since he bailed on us?

These men are not the answer.

cad
06-11-2011, 06:23 PM

This changes nothing.

GG

To much has happened this time .
Is this how Hibs are, (he had to go likes ) every manager that isnt up to it but keep the guy who appoints them ,pish IMO GTF Rod.
STF come on down talk the talk inspire us say some f......g thing

Andy74
You going to oust him Andy? Thought not.

What?

Kaiser1962

Why?

Beefster
06-11-2011, 06:24 PM
It was the correct decision. But as a club chairman Rodders has done well but can't seem to pick a decent manager. Don't think getting him out is the answer.

A good job, how? If it wasn't for John and Donald Park, we'd still be in serious debt.

Hibercelona
I just hope to god that the next appointment isn't who I think its going to be. :no way:

nortonhibby
Its evident now that Petrie only does whats right for himself.

AGM On Tuesday RP Has diverted the blame yet again.:taxi

Matty_Jack04
06-11-2011, 06:25 PM
I got a text this morning it read......

Calderwood won't see the day out and Roy aitken will be announced at agm on Tuesday.

The source loves to blab hence the reason I never posted earlier have to say I'm now hugely worried
That Celtic radge will be in charge surely not guys eh tell
Me its Pish...

Golden Bear
06-11-2011, 06:25 PM
Confirmed by STV.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/hibernian/277949-hibernian-sack-manager-colin-calderwood/

Captain Trips
06-11-2011, 06:26 PM
Excellent news, was so obvious he wasnt able to do job months ago yet he stayed time for RP and co to resign also

Mikeystewart
06-11-2011, 06:26 PM
Why is there nothing on the official site!

Do they think we will not notice. :confused:

Edit: statement made on official site since post

God Petrie
06-11-2011, 06:27 PM
@mrewanmurray
Ewan Murray
Hibs board meeting this afternoon. Manager sacked by telephone.

SteveHFC
I don't want Roy Aitken as manager FFS

hibiedude
Text message saying JJ next Manager with a thumps up sign from an ex hibs player- if true interesting times ahead at Hibs.

Hibi
06-11-2011, 06:28 PM

Absolutely. Given the current plight of Scottish football, decreasing income, falling gates, I hate to think what we could have been facing up to if we had been run well off the park. We'd perhaps be like that other club and looking for someone to invest with no possible chance of a return.

But he has clearly made a couple of wrong appointments lately so perhaps needs to get some help on picking the next man. It's crucial that we make the right appointment this time!

Joe
Ding dong the wtich is gone

thank god for that!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hibbyradge
Calderwood would still be manager if we had beaten Dunfermline. To call Petrie a coward because the agm imminent is ridiculous and opportunistic.

Leishy1995
06-11-2011, 06:29 PM
He can take his bag of sweeties and **** off.

I'm applying again and if I'm told I'm not experienced enough I'll sue.

SteveHFC
06-11-2011, 06:29 PM
Confirmed

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20111106/club-statement_2262950_2508063

Hibi
06-11-2011, 06:30 PM
Text message saying JJ next Manager with a thumps up sign from an ex hibs player- if true interesting times ahead at Hibs.

Although if he were to pick JJ as manager then that would be it for me, I couldn't defend him then, rod would have to go

Beefster
Calderwood would still be manager if we had beaten Dunfermline. To call Petrie a coward because the agm imminent is ridiculous and opportunistic.

No, it's not. It's my opinion. Just like I thought he was a coward right before the last AGM.

cabbageandribs1875

petrie cant win, majority calling for him to stop being a coward and sack CC....he does it.....and now he's STILL a coward :rolleyes:

Saorsa
Text message saying JJ next Manager with a thumps up sign from an ex hibs player- if true interesting times ahead at Hibs.Sacking clueless then replacing him with that fat h****s ****, that really would be taking the piss.

Killiehibbie
Text message saying JJ next Manager with a thumps up sign from an ex hibs player- if true interesting times ahead at Hibs.Don't think i'll be back until he's gone if that's true.

greenlex

Exactly how I see it. 90% of football clubs would be getting rid of chairmen if that was the case. Hiring a manager is easy enough but that manager needs a huge amount if luck too. The board or chairmen can't dictate that luck.

Matty_Jack04
06-11-2011, 06:31 PM
I don't want Roy Aitken as manager FFS

I know!

Hibstrooper
06-11-2011, 06:31 PM

The question is would he have been sacked if the AGM wasn't on Tuesday? I'm not so sure

hibee_girl
06-11-2011, 06:33 PM
On the official site now - http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20111106/club-statement_2262950_2508063

Makaveli
06-11-2011, 06:34 PM
By what criteria has Petrie "done well" as a chairman?

Spending transfer income on infrastructure at the expense of a decent team, increasing the saleable value of the club (and hence his share) while we plummet down the table?

Where were we in the league when he was appointed chairman? It was in December '04 so probably 3rd. Where are we now again? :rolleyes:

Sean1875
Im away to masturbate furiously whilst reading that official club statement. So happy.

Kaiser1962
The question is would he have been sacked if the AGM wasn't on Tuesday? I'm not so sure

If they didn't want to have this sort of public AGM Dan they wouldn't. I am pretty sure that their shareholding is such that it could be avoided.

Hibercelona

A complete nightmare if true IMO.

The Green Goblin
Don't think i'll be back until he's gone if that's true.

Isn't he a good manager though? Experienced. Few cup wins etc. Would you really hate it if he brought some success to Hibs? :devil:

GG

Capt Mainwaring
06-11-2011, 06:35 PM
Never like to see anyone loose their job, but this is the right decision for all concerned.

Every single one of the players should be absolutely ashamed of themselves and if they have any self respect should each be apologising to CC for their attitude and performances over the last year and
their part in getting him the sack.

Greenblood70
06-11-2011, 06:36 PM

Agreed, spot on. His time is up.

Westie1875
While he's had to go for a while now, Rodders and co are ****ing cowards doing it right before a difficult AGM yet again. I hope they still get it tight on Tuesday.

Agree, spineless. They won't get away with it lightly this time IMO. Most of the noise I heard after yesterday's match was protest against the board, sacking the manager shouldn't get them off the hook.

CentreLine

Is it true that JJ was in the Hibs shop this afternoon? Do you suppose FJK?

The Green Goblin
By what criteria has Petrie "done well" as a chairman? Spending transfer income on infrastructure at the expense of a decent team, increasing the saleable value of the club (and hence his share) while we plummet down the table? Where were we in the league when he was appointed chairman? It was in December '04 so probably 3rd. Where are we now again? :rolleyes:

I think he has protected the club and its future in very uncertain and difficult financial times. My only issue is with his record regarding the team.

GG

Cropley10
06-11-2011, 06:37 PM
If Petrie appoints JJ or Csaba then that's when the protests should start.

Sacking him the week of the AGM is a cowardly thing to do. Cosying up to FJK shows contempt for every one of us and only the most basic understanding of football.

TrinityHibs
During the Motherwell game,it was said that Coco the clown was going tobe sacked and Roy Aitken is being lined up for the job.

I've no idea what the question is but whatever it is Roy Aitken is not the answer. If he turns up my plastic season card is getting cut in half so I cant go to ER even if I stupidly wanted to.:confused:

Hibs90
Got a text from a mate who is friends with a current member of the first team and apparently they are very annoyed at Petrie and the board for sacking yet another manager.

Petrie has to go. No JJ, No Csaba, no yam or Hibs connections please.

BEEJ
If we'd won yesterday we would be sitting on 16 points with a little breathing space between us and the foot of the SPL table. Therefore AGM would have been a little easier to manage; could always have pointed to recently improving results as a sign of progress etc etc.

But we didn't win and ease the pressure on the Board for Tuesday. So CC has been sacked. Too much of a coincidence to think that yesterday's result wasn't given extra prominence by this week's meeting.

The Falcon
06-11-2011, 06:38 PM
Don't think i'll be back until he's gone if that's true.

Were you not going back unless Calderwood was removed as well? Now that's a dilema. :greengrin

hibiedude
06-11-2011, 06:38 PM
Players told Billy Brown to take control until new manager is appointed and Billy brown has made clear in training he's ready for the next step up. that could be an option for tight @rse Petrie.

As said The problem wasn't just with Calderwood

MrSmith
06-11-2011, 06:40 PM
Never like to see anyone loose their job, but this is the right decision for all concerned.

Every single one of the players should be absolutely ashamed of themselves and if they have any self respect should each be apologising to CC for their attitude and performances over the last year and

Agree! Also so should Petrie, he should apologise to the fans and CC.

Makaveli
Brown would be worse than Jeffries, and Jeffries is unthinkable. What would it say about our ambition to appoint someone as manager who was deemed not good enough for Hearts as an assistant?

Barney McGrew
Got a text from a mate who is friends with a current member of the first team and apparently they are very annoyed at Petrie and the board for sacking yet another manager

Get your mate to text his friend back and tell him if the first team had bothered their arse a bit more then he'd maybe still be in charge

Andy74
06-11-2011, 06:41 PM
Got a text from a mate who is friends with a current member of the first team and apparently they are very annoyed at Petrie and the board for sacking yet another manager.

Petrie has to go.

Tough really I'm annoyed they haven't won enough games. Right about Petrie but the players would have a cheek to mouth off!

cabbageandribs1875

Cropley10

But he didn't beat Dunfy. And it was the week of the AGM. That's why he got sacked. Petrie, Hyland and Lindsay haven't got a clue.

The Falcon
Get your mate to text his friend back and tell him if the first team had bothered their arse a bit more then he'd maybe still be in charge

This :agree:

Hiber-nation
06-11-2011, 06:42 PM
If Petrie appoints JJ or Csaba then that's when the protests should start.

Sacking him the week of the AGM is a cowardly thing to do. Cosying up to FJK shows contempt for every one of us and only the most basic understanding of football.

I think if Jefferies had publicly slated Romanov then some Hibbies might have been a bit more positive regards the possibility of him being appointed - but to say not one word against him? No no no.

Mikey
06-11-2011, 06:42 PM
Players told Billy Brown to take control until new manager is appointed and Billy brown has made clear in training he's ready for the next step up. that could be an option for tight @rse Petrie.

As said The problem wasn't just with Calderwood

Did you notice the £900,000 loss in the latest set of account?

Hibs90
06-11-2011, 06:43 PM

I know I agree just passing on what he's said.

hibiedude
06-11-2011, 06:43 PM

Petrie has to go.

Ian Murray and wee Ivan were close to CC and will be sad to see him gone.

grunt
06-11-2011, 06:44 PM
What would it say about our ambition to appoint someone as manager who was deemed not good enough for Hearts as an assistant?Deemed not good enough by Vlad, you mean? I'm not sure that's a reliable yardstick for evaluating anyone.

God Petrie
06-11-2011, 06:46 PM

I'm sure they were close to CC. A decent manager would have recognised that they both aren't good enough for Hibs anymore.

StevieC
06-11-2011, 06:47 PM
maybe a bit irrelevant but have you noticed Newcastles form since CC left has improved?

It also improved after he arrived, so not really relevant.

silverhibee

But is Ivan chuffed that BB has been left in charge.

BSEJVT

Absolutely bang on the money

They should be down on bended knee praying that some of the names bandied about already get the job so that the manager will again be the target of the fans ire.

Its staggering how little blame has been attached to the players over the past few years.

shagpile

He has every right to be annoyed. The new manager may well have them fit & working hard for Hibernian Football Club. Something lacking at the moment.

Billy Whizz
06-11-2011, 06:48 PM
Now on official site
Relieved of is duties (SACKED), none of this "mutual consent" rubbish in this case!

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20111106/club-statement_2262950_2508063

Green and white
06-11-2011, 06:48 PM
Bill Shankly : "If you can't support us when we lose or draw, don't support us when we win.

Still the same greeting faced fans who only post when we lose. If the players were angry when CC was sacked then that says something. As hibs fans we're a bit up ourselves. We didn't think Mixu was good enough, look what he went on to do at Killie and now he's managing the national side. Haven't we learned our lesson? 5 managers and it's the same old story. Surely it's time for the bored to take a good long look at themselves and address the root of this on going problem?

Makaveli
06-11-2011, 06:49 PM
Deemed not good enough by Vlad, you mean? I'm not sure that's a reliable yardstick for evaluating anyone.

Indeed - the same Vlad who deemed Rix, Laslo, and Frail (!) suitable for the manager's job at various times, so we sure as hell shouldn't be taking his cast-offs.

greenlex
06-11-2011, 06:50 PM
[I]

Still the same greeting faced fans who only post when we lose. If the players were angry when CC was sacked then that says something. As hibs fans we're a bit up ourselves. We didn't think Mixu was good enough, look what he went on to do at Killie and now he's managing the national side. Haven't we learned our lesson? 5 managers and it's the same old story. Surely it's time for the bored to take a good long look at themselves and address the root of this on going problem?

What is the root ofthe problem?

lapsedhibee
06-11-2011, 06:51 PM
He has every right to be annoyed. The new manager may well have them fit & working hard for Hibernian Football Club.

Is it Collins again then? :wink:

blackpoolhibs
06-11-2011, 06:52 PM

Creeps, they should be sad to see him go, no decent manager would pick them.

blackpoolhibs
06-11-2011, 06:52 PM

Creeps, they should be sad to see him go, no decent manager would pick them.

blackpoolhibs
06-11-2011, 06:54 PM
Ian Murray and wee Ivan were close to CC and will be sad to see him gone.Bloody creeps, they should be sad to see him go, no decent manager would pick them.

erin go bragh
06-11-2011, 06:57 PM
Best news ive heard in ages ,lets get in someone who has a passion for playing football the proper way .GGTTH

ScottB
06-11-2011, 06:57 PM

Uh, why?

Most of them have only been there for one or two, and if they were that fussed about keeping CC in the job, maybe they should have bothered trying their ars*s at some point.

hibiedude
06-11-2011, 07:00 PM
The last 5-6 managers have all had one thing in common they were picked and sacked by Rod Petrie.

Perhaps the problem lies with Rod Petrie and AGM Tuesday some one should highlight this and see what reaction you get. :wink:

givescotlandfreedom
06-11-2011, 07:01 PM
Manager sacked by telephone.

Petrie = king of class.

hibiedude
06-11-2011, 07:02 PM
Petrie = king of class.

he made a lot of people happy with that phone call :greengrin

angus hibee
06-11-2011, 07:04 PM
What is the root ofthe problem?

Problem is lack of finances causing managers like Calderwood having to sign players of the dole queue.

grunt
06-11-2011, 07:06 PM
Problem is lack of finances causing managers like Calderwood having to sign players of the dole queue.Not so. Our managers have bigger budgets than most other SPL clubs. And did you not notice the £900k loss we just posted?

paul_hfc3
06-11-2011, 07:08 PM

Hahaha quality well said. If there was an award for comment of the month this would be a fine contender!:top marks

HibeeDaz6270
06-11-2011, 07:08 PM
Problem is lack of finances causing managers like Calderwood having to sign players of the dole queue.
Disagree. Managers at Hibs have just as big a budget if not more than most spl clubs. Yet we stil find ourselves 1 point of bottom. Lack of finances was not the problem. Tactics, Decisions , management was.

blackpoolhibs
06-11-2011, 07:09 PM
Not so. Our managers have bigger budgets than most other SPL clubs. And did you not notice the £900k loss we just posted?

You are wasting your time, folk just ignore that when handing out the blame here. Petrie might be a complete dick when appointing managers, but whoever he picks gets backed better than most in this SPL.

Barney McGrew
06-11-2011, 07:10 PM
You are wasting your time, folk just ignore that when handing out the blame here. Petrie might be a complete dick when appointing managers, but whoever he picks gets backed better than most in this SPL.

:top marks

GreenPJ
06-11-2011, 07:15 PM

Somebody maybe like Colin Calderwood. Who would be a manager or a chairman. :rolleyes:

supersauzee
06-11-2011, 07:29 PM
All I can say is its about time. CC was a nice guy but Hibs dont need a nice guy just now, they need someone with authority and fire in their belly because it seems CC couldnt get the players motivated at all! The current crop have a good pedigree and someone with more tactical know how will get this bunch playing a million times better! Everyone can see that Hanlon, Galbraith and Stevenson just arent good enough for the team, Wotherspoon should be playing centre mid and we need another centre half badly!!

Get someone experienced in, none of this ex player pr inexperienced rubbish! Someon who has been there and done it and I think, even thought I dont want to, but JJ is the man to sort us out!

Good luck to who ever takes over and Good luck to CC wherever he goes:flag:

Hibby Kay-Yay
06-11-2011, 07:46 PM
All I can say is its about time. CC was a nice guy but Hibs dont need a nice guy just now, they need someone with authority and fire in their belly because it seems CC couldnt get the players motivated at all! The current crop have a good pedigree and someone with more tactical know how will get this bunch playing a million times better! Everyone can see that Hanlon, Galbraith and Stevenson just arent good enough for the team, Wotherspoon should be playing centre mid and we need another centre half badly!!

Get someone experienced in, none of this ex player pr inexperienced rubbish! Someon who has been there and done it and I think, even thought I dont want to, but JJ is the man to sort us out!

Good luck to who ever takes over and Good luck to CC wherever he goes:flag:

nah, in my opinion it will be someone else

BSEJVT
06-11-2011, 07:51 PM
All I can say is its about time. CC was a nice guy

Good luck to CC wherever he goes:flag:

Sorry cant help disagreeing with the above bits of your post which I have retained.

CC was an absolute dud from day one IMO

Whilst that didnt stop him potentially being a nice guy, the way he disrepected the club with his will he wont he performance in the summer, proved him again IMO to be anything but a nice guy.

Nice guys would not treat their employers or the people who pay their wages like that.

He is entirely the author of his own misfortune.

It has been absolute purgatory watching his teams over the last year

He is responsible for single handedly causing hundreds if not thousands of Hibs supporters to walk away from the club, some no doubt permanantly.

There isnt a bit of me would want to wish him good luck, indeed I hope his next *****e is a hedgehog

Good riddance

c31
06-11-2011, 07:56 PM
Sorry cant help disagreeing with the above bits of your post which I have retained.

Whilst that didnt stop him potentially being a nice guy, the way he disrepected the club with his will he wont he performance in the summer, proved him again IMO to be anything but a nice guy.

Nice guys would not treat their employers or the people who pay their wages like that.

He is responsible for single handedly causing hundreds if not thousands of Hibs supporters to walk away from the club, some no doubt permanantly.

There isnt a bit of me would want to wish him good luck, indeed I hope his next *****e is a hedgehog

Good riddance

DITO - he has caused me loads of hurt as well as embarrasment --- so F*** him

Dinkydoo
06-11-2011, 08:13 PM
Glad he's gone - I think it is best for us and CC - however the timing of this announcement is nothing short of spineless.

I really don't ****ing want FJK or the Tangoman anywhere near Hibs.

Ryan69
06-11-2011, 08:20 PM
I've no idea what the question is but whatever it is Roy Aitken is not the answer. If he turns up my plastic season card is getting cut in half so I cant go to ER even if I stupidly wanted to.:confused:

Only repeating what bbc scotland said earlier.

I think the board should GTF before any appointments are made as the board let us down all the time,and are culpable.

LancsHibs
06-11-2011, 08:29 PM
Sorry he has failed, as Hibs have failed:boo hoo: But glad he has gone!

Onwards and upwards from here:flag:

nortonhibby
06-11-2011, 08:36 PM
Glad he's gone - I think it is best for us and CC - however the timing of this announcement is nothing short of spineless.

I really don't ****ing want FJK or the Tangoman anywhere near Hibs.

how much has it cost to pay up his contract RP ? And after posting a 900k loss how much is left in the piggy bank RP ?
300K YOU TURNED DOWN RP ? The new manager has nothing in the pot to play with, the worst squad in living memory and no money.
who would in there right mind take the gig ? over to you RP ?

Ray_
06-11-2011, 08:45 PM

thumbsup:

TowerHibs
06-11-2011, 08:46 PM
Interesting comments all over this thread!!

Delighted he is gone, he should have went in the summer - the board have got some serious explaining to do by bowing to fan pressure again but not doing it in the summer when we could have made a few bob out of CC. Fan's were demanding for him to go then!

What a would say is as a fan base we also have to take a look at ourselves! We should also treat this as a fresh start and get right behind the team. Names in the hat according to this thread:

Roy Aitken - already being descibed as useless and not what we need. (Premiership coaching experience, Scotland national coach, last Aberdeen manager to win a trophy) Just look at why we were so excited about CC coming in and why is he not good enough.

Michael O'Niell

Jim Jeffries - Proven in SPL and IS a good manager. (Not saying i would be happy - he is a legend to that mob, managed during 6-2, 5-1 and played 7-0 so on that alone i say no)

Jimmy Calderwood - Again someone who is being called a dud. Just look at what happened to Dunfermline and Aberdeen when he left. Yet we are all saying no immediately

We need to be realistic and accept that whoever we get is not going to be Jose Maurinho. We got Mixu out and at the time we were all saying that it was right. He got appointed Killie manager and while we said he is a grafter classed him as a dud. He proved us wrong.

Whoever the gaffer is going to be, as fans we should say its a new start regardless of their past and get right behind him and the players. It does make a difference. Automatically saying it is the wrong appointment and being nagative is just nonsense. You never know, Hibs and Roy Aitken could just a what we and RA has been waiting for, Tangoman might just be the man - we don't know. We also don't know that it will automatically fail

loanheadhibby
06-11-2011, 08:51 PM

Good riddance

I think the writing was on the wall from day one when we were informed cc had previously applied for the job but hughes beat him to it!!!

TowerHibs
06-11-2011, 09:00 PM
Every new manager has been a new start. The end is usually the same.
None of the above will gel the support but no one will.
If there was any justice the majority of the team will follow to be replaced by the under 19 team or even the Hibs ladies.

This is my point though - we are cutting our noses off to spite our faces. Not saying we deserve the crap performances and shocking decision making of the board but we can help ease some pressure off the club by getting right behind the new man whoever he is and supporting the team

The lack of togetherness throughout the whole club is shocking

nortonhibby
06-11-2011, 09:03 PM
This is my point though - we are cutting our noses off to spite our faces. Not saying we deserve the crap performances and shocking decision making of the board but we can help ease some pressure off the club by getting right behind the new man whoever he is and supporting the team

The lack of togetherness throughout the whole club is shocking

until RP Goes i will not be back.:flag:

mcfly
06-11-2011, 09:06 PM

agree 100% - they have a cheek complaining.

if they had got better results for the manager we wouldnt be in this mess.

IMO - this changes nothing and the AGM should still be a very difficult night for the board.

Dinkydoo
06-11-2011, 09:10 PM
how much has it cost to pay up his contract RP ? And after posting a 900k loss how much is left in the piggy bank RP ?
300K YOU TURNED DOWN RP ? The new manager has nothing in the pot to play with, the worst squad in living memory and no money.
who would in there right mind take the gig ? over to you RP ?

Don't have an aneurism :greengrin

mister cheeky
06-11-2011, 09:12 PM
The trouble will be trying to get anyone to take the job given the lack of support / time from the board for the last few incumbents

cabbageandribs1875
06-11-2011, 09:15 PM
until RP Goes i will not be back.:flag:

even when our new manager gordon strachan has us fighting it out for 3rd ? :confused:

erskine-hibby
06-11-2011, 09:15 PM
agree 100% - they have a cheek complaining.

if they had got better results for the manager we wouldnt be in this mess.

IMO - this changes nothing and the AGM should still be a very difficult night for the board.

I agree it does change nothing.
Petrie has merely given him self a self teflon tan, but this time I hope the ****** sticks like it should.

skipster7
06-11-2011, 09:19 PM

spot on:agree:

jdships
06-11-2011, 09:22 PM
Not so. Our managers have bigger budgets than most other SPL clubs. And did you not notice the £900k loss we just posted?

:thumbsup::top marks

Albion Hibs
06-11-2011, 09:24 PM

I dont know how you get that. Just because we have the 5/6th biggest attendance, does not mean that is reflected in the budget. If anything knowing Rod Petrie it means nothing of the sort. I would think we would certainly have a bigger player budget than Dunfermline, ICT and maybe Killie, but I guess we will never actually know. One thing is for sure our budget has been deminishing as our requirements to improve have been increasing.

jdships
06-11-2011, 09:24 PM

:top marks:agree::thumbsup:

Sir David Gray
06-11-2011, 10:39 PM
He had to go but more should follow.

Hopefully the AGM on Tuesday is used to announce that a big shake up will be happening at the club and several others are going as well.

I have absolutely no faith whatsoever in the board being able to identify and hire the correct man for the job. We are an absolute shambles and I don't see that changing just because Calderwood has now gone.