PDA

View Full Version : 1 year on 1 less point

Captain Trips
06-11-2011, 09:18 AM
After 14 games last season we had the grand total of 14pts, this season we have the grand total of 13pts.

Now when he came in there was not a lot he could do about the games already played by Hughes that is fair enough so that 14pts although a dreadful total was not purely down to him, however this is supposed to be us building and this is his time this time and he has manged to have us in basically the same position 1 year on well 1pt worse, with issues like we had last year on several players ability and issues on quite a few players whom have contracts running out.

I fail to see what CC has done that is good after 1yr, unfortunatly this appontment is a disaster, how we are in same position regarding performance, ability and contracts a year on is staggering.

Craig_in_Prague
06-11-2011, 09:22 AM
We are even easier to beat, crowds are worse, still can't even win a derby, etc etc

What a state we are in.

SouthamptonHibs
06-11-2011, 09:26 AM
After 14 games last season we had the grand total of 14pts, this season we have the grand total of 13pts.

Now when he came in there was not a lot he could do about the games already played by Hughes that is fair enough so that 14pts although a dreadful total was not purely down to him, however this is supposed to be us building and this is his time this time and he has manged to have us in basically the same position 1 year on well 1pt worse, with issues like we had last year on several players ability and issues on quite a few players whom have contracts running out.

I fail to see what CC has done that is good after 1yr, unfortunatly this appontment is a disaster, how we are in same position regarding performance, ability and contracts a year on is staggering.

Agree mate we are in trouble CC has done nothing for us! we are worse than last year if we are not careful we will end up like Aberdeen! ie always finishing in the bottom six, crap crowds but fans expect better!
We are now getting beat from teams that are usually our banker wins!
ER is a grave crap atmosphere and we can't play there 5 wins in 24 (or near that)! I wonder if Petrie is happy with what he has done reduced the crowds to 8/9k and increased the capacity to over 20K! no one comes to see nice stands he'd of been better splashing the 3/4 mil on new players
looking forward to monday in the hope that CC is booted out but the problem is the talent of player we have! there was a post earlier on this week about if hearts go bust how many of there players would you take? The sad thing thing for us some lads were posting they would take up to 9 yes 9 of the hearts team and put them in our 1st team! we are doomed
GGTTH

greenlex
06-11-2011, 09:53 AM

Yes its bad and he should be removed but is there any need to add yet another thread to the debate?

Captain Trips
06-11-2011, 10:20 AM
Yes its bad and he should be removed but is there any need to add yet another thread to the debate?

Yeah there is, that is why I did it, I feel it shows some factors in why he is a failure than simply stating he should go.

Captain Trips
06-11-2011, 11:16 AM
We are even easier to beat, crowds are worse, still can't even win a derby, etc etc

What a state we are in.

Indeed a worry that we are worse off.

blackpoolhibs
06-11-2011, 11:43 AM
Ah but you have to remember the mess he inherited, how could he possibly make us any better in such a short space of time, with only 2 windows and 13 signings? 1 point less is progress in Calderworld.

hibbymac
06-11-2011, 12:01 PM
Ah but you have to remember the mess he inherited, how could he possibly make us any better in such a short space of time, with only 2 windows and 13 signings? 1 point less is progress in Calderworld.

:agree: It's all the fault of the "previous incumbent". :rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
06-11-2011, 12:03 PM
The mess he inherited is still there, scraping around the bottom of the barrel for duds unable to get gainful employment elsewhere.

Even you might struggle to get that lot winning games.

Thats right, we scrape around the same barrel as the pars, we just pay more for them????????????? When we pay more much more than most of this league in wages, i disagree we are scraping around in the same barrels. And yes i do agree i'd struggle to get this lot winning games, saying that i wouldnt have brought half of them to the club in the 1st place.

SloopJB
06-11-2011, 12:20 PM
Thats right, we scrape around the same barrel as the pars, we just pay more for them????????????? When we pay more much more than most of this league in wages, i disagree we are scraping around in the same barrels. And yes i do agree i'd struggle to get this lot winning games, saying that i wouldnt have brought half of them to the club in the 1st place.

it is the same barrel as the Pars which is why we are about as good as them. Pay a dud more wages he's still a dud, just on more wages.
It all points to poor judgement at several levels but in all honesty I don't have a suggestion as to how it gets fixed. Just don't think changing one position is the answer, I am prepared to be wrong though.

nortonhibby
06-11-2011, 01:24 PM
:agree: It's all the fault of the "previous incumbent". :rolleyes:

We got rid of the last incumbent to replace him with a new incumbent who for some insane reason has the full 100% backing of RP, Who in an even more bizare twist, turned down 300K for him only a few short months ago :confused:

Sir David Gray
06-11-2011, 02:02 PM
Last season we were also in the fortunate position of having Hamilton so far down the table which meant that we were 5 points clear of relegation at that time. They always looked fairly certain to go down.

This season, it's a lot tighter at the bottom and subsequently we find ourselves only 1 point clear of bottom place. Yesterday also saw the bottom team, Inverness, score 6 goals away from home so things are actually a lot more worrying this season than they were at the same stage last year.

We've also failed to score in 7 out of our first 14 league matches this season, two more than last season.

Crab apple
06-11-2011, 04:07 PM
I've said on other threads that starting the season without addressing our defence will ultimately be CC's downfall. We continue to be a soft touch, we have no decent fullbacks (although DW was ok yesterday) and I worry everytime a high ball comes into our box. I don't know whether CC tried to strengthen it in the summer (and funds were turned down by RP) or whether his mind was on the bag of sweeties apparently on offer elsewhere.