PDA

View Full Version : solution to all our problems

AgentDaleCooper
06-11-2011, 05:10 AM
...we should just start watching ice hockey. bollocks to this lot - bruins 'till i die*

(as it happens, they won 7-0 tonight)

you can get an online subscription to the NHL live streams for 20 quid a month. picture quality is great, the players care, and ok, so you might have to put up with the odd "gooooaaal, for a box of crispey cremes!", but at least it's exciting and doesn't leave you feeling empty inside. if you can't decide who to support, just pick a team at random (except columbus, they're awful), and chuck a fiver on them every time - you'll soon learn to care.

choose life :aok: (or something that at least roughly resembles it)

*or untill they die from the inside out in the manner hibs have

brianmc
06-11-2011, 05:21 AM
Good luck tae you pal watching your team, but ice hockey has never done it for me. Loads of guys tearing up and down the rink and occasionally(very occasionally) you might be able to see the wee round black thing they're chasing-but probably not.

blindsummit
06-11-2011, 07:34 AM
kinda agree right now. i went down to detroit tonight to see the red wings hammer anaheim 5 nil. loadsa fun!

WellingtonHibby
06-11-2011, 07:46 AM
kinda agree right now. i went down to detroit tonight to see the red wings hammer anaheim 5 nil. loadsa fun! Quack! Quack! Quack!

Gettin' Auld
06-11-2011, 09:41 AM
kinda agree right now. i went down to detroit tonight to see the red wings hammer anaheim 5 nil. loadsa fun!
They sound like they should be sponsored by a sanitary towel manufacturer.

snooky
06-11-2011, 10:50 AM
...we should just start watching ice hockey. bollocks to this lot - bruins 'till i die*

(as it happens, they won 7-0 tonight)

you can get an online subscription to the NHL live streams for 20 quid a month. picture quality is great, the players care, and ok, so you might have to put up with the odd "gooooaaal, for a box of crispey cremes!", but at least it's exciting and doesn't leave you feeling empty inside. if you can't decide who to support, just pick a team at random (except columbus, they're awful), and chuck a fiver on them every time - you'll soon learn to care.

choose life :aok: (or something that at least roughly resembles it)

*or untill they die from the inside out in the manner hibs have

I'm a Bruins fan myself, ADC.
Oh how I enjoyed the last Stanley Cup. :greengrin

Purehibee_MYB
06-11-2011, 11:05 AM
I agree Ice Hockey is awesome

I was in Vancouver for most of summer and the Stanley Cup was amazing, (just missed the riots luckily) but I went into the city centre for most games and the pandemonium is incredible...there's about 100,000 people just on the streets alone!! Really exciting sport as well, I remember a game where the Vancouver Canucks tied the game with 13 seconds on the clock and went on to win in overtime! Great experience!!

Sas_The_Hibby
06-11-2011, 11:16 AM
Used to watch Murrayfield Racers from time to time and, even at that relatively lowly level, it was always an exciting game to watch.

It's possibly a better spectator sport than "soccer" :wink: but we've all grown up with supporting a football team (allegedly :greengrin ) and it's ultimately about more than the sport itself.

blindsummit
06-11-2011, 01:25 PM
Quack! Quack! Quack!

they didnt look so mighty last night :greengrin