PDA

View Full Version : Team Selection

H18sry
05-11-2011, 09:15 PM
Why did we start with the same 11 as started last week? The players selected last week were selected to stop Celtc playing and trying to contain them, not about us trying to win the game, today we should have selected a team to try and win the game as opposed to containing Dunf's, we were out numbered in midfield by a team who have been the whipping boys [until now because we clearly have taken over that mantle]

matty_f
05-11-2011, 11:24 PM
Why did we start with the same 11 as started last week? The players selected last week were selected to stop Celtc playing and trying to contain them, not about us trying to win the game, today we should have selected a team to try and win the game as opposed to containing Dunf's, we were out numbered in midfield by a team who have been the whipping boys [until now because we clearly have taken over that mantle]

Was going to post the same question. Putting a team out to do a job against Celtc at Darkheid requires a very different set-up from that needed to take the game to Dunfermline at home.

Baffling decision.

hfc rd
05-11-2011, 11:30 PM
Well like he said in his post-match interview. A 0-0 would have been a good result today. Really sums him up.

Albion Hibs
06-11-2011, 04:31 AM

Funny you say that, the majority of people on the Team thread prior to the game went with the same team from last week, just shows you you will never be all things to all people. As I have always said - success has many fathers, failure is a *******.

I think if CC had more support from the stands he may have changed the team for this game, but if he did and we lost he would have twice as many on his back.

I have said it before, it is no surprise to me that we are a better team away from home.

brianmc
06-11-2011, 05:13 AM
"I think if CC had more support from the stands he may have changed the team for this game, but if he did and we lost he would have twice as many on his back".

So who picks the ****ing team? Are you now seriously suggesting that cc picked his team based on what the fans think?
So really, it's our fault???
Words truly fail me(in an effort not to get emptied from this website at least)

Judas Iscariot
06-11-2011, 08:04 AM
Clueless Colin once again living up to his aka :rolleyes:

H18sry
06-11-2011, 09:04 AM
Well like he said in his post-match interview. A 0-0 would have been a good result today. Really sums him up.

TBF, he was talking about the early stage of the game before going 1 down, as opposed to the final result, saying that at 0-0, there would still be a game to play for and the wind would not have gone out of the players sails

greenginger
06-11-2011, 09:10 AM
It was'nt the team selection that infuriated me , it was slow - out for a Sunday stroll start we made - which cost us a goal in 2 minutes and set the game up for Dunfermline to battle and scrap for the points.

How many goals have we lost with the team being caught flat footed and half asleep.

C. C. has had more chances than he deserves and proved time and again that he is incapable of preparing a team.

P 45 ASAP.

BroxburnHibee
06-11-2011, 09:21 AM
TBF, he was talking about the early stage of the game before going 1 down, as opposed to the final result, saying that at 0-0, there would still be a game to play for and the wind would not have gone out of the players sails

The suggesting then being that losing the goal meant it was game over - I heard the interview and my laddie gave me a right telling off at the swear words he was hearing :greengrin

It was'nt the team selection that infuriated me , it was slow - out for a Sunday stroll start we made - which cost us a goal in 2 minutes and set the game up for Dunfermline to battle and scrap for the points.

How many goals have we lost with the team being caught flat footed and half asleep.

C. C. has had more chances than he deserves and proved time and again that he is incapable of preparing a team.

P 45 ASAP.

It was slow the whole game - I was sitting trying to work out why it was so bad and the only thing I could work out was how slow the decision making was throughout the whole team :confused:

Time and time again I watched as players passed, then received, then controlled (sometimes) and then AND ONLY then thought about what they were going to do with it.

It was tedious and totally unwatchable - I only went yesterday as my son asked me to take him - poor lad actually apologised to me on the way home. Bloody shame.

I know guys who renewed despite what we watched most of last season - even they are now saying its over for them.

Hibs are in real danger of a season ticket meltdown - I'm not sure if they have the ability to turn that around.