PDA

View Full Version : Calderwoods post match interview, another classic

Alfred E Newman
05-11-2011, 07:26 PM
He thought losing the early goal was crucial as 0-0 would have been an acceptable result and everyone would have gone home happy, or words to that effect. Yet more incredible ramblings. .

Saorsa
05-11-2011, 07:29 PM
He thought losing the early goal was crucial as 0-0 would have been an acceptable result and everyone would have gone home happy, or words to that effect. Yet more incredible ramblings. .Dinnae think I'll waste another second of my life listening tae what that idiot has tae say unless he's saying I quit or cheerio after he's been emptied.

The Harp Awakes
05-11-2011, 07:30 PM
He thought losing the early goal was crucial as 0-0 would have been an acceptable result and everyone would have gone home happy, or words to that effect. Yet more incredible ramblings. .

Can't even bear to listen to him now but if that's what he said, then it is a disgrace.

Hibs Class
05-11-2011, 07:34 PM
Did he swear during his interview? Part way through it I thought I heard richard gordon apologise for something cc said?

nortonhibby
05-11-2011, 07:34 PM
Can't even bear to listen to him now but if that's what he said, then it is a disgrace.

He has to go and RP Also has to go a fresh start ASAP.:taxi:taxi

MontrealHibs
05-11-2011, 07:36 PM
I've been pretty quiet on CC but enough is enough . Go!

Winston Ingram
05-11-2011, 07:37 PM

They had lost 7 or 8 games in a row and we would have been happy drawing with them:top marks

hibsbollah
05-11-2011, 07:38 PM
He said 'we'd have taken 0-0'. He also said that by losing the early goal we 'let the air out of the stadium'. Which, to be fair, would have been very bad. In fact, 10,000 people would have asphixiated so he's right to have raised it.

The man talks ******.

NORTHERNHIBBY
05-11-2011, 07:44 PM
There was no atmosphere to let down in the first place. The only pragmatic thing about saying that we would have taken a draw is that when they went one up, even though it was so early, you could just tell that it was already out of our reach.

woodyloon
05-11-2011, 07:45 PM
It is totally shocking his statement near the end of the interview, he states when aked by Jim Spence that results are going to ebb and flow, we might get a couple of results then back to normal service. Firstly why didn't Jim Spence push the subject after his comments rather than just say. ok Colins thanks...
Secondly he must be saying the same thing to the board and they must be happy with his thoughts for the progression of the teams, basically this is the best it's going to get, and he stated he has being saying this since the start of the season.

Funny that teams like Motherwell, and Killie have managed to cope with a change of manager better than CC has, why, what is his problem, and if he doesn't know then why is he still in the position of strangling the life out of the club.

I did post this in another topic then noticed this one which relates to my post

ScottB
05-11-2011, 07:46 PM
He said 'we'd have taken 0-0'. He also said that by losing the early goal we 'let the air out of the stadium'. Which, to be fair, would have been very bad. In fact, 10,000 people would have asphixiated so he's right to have raised it.

The man talks ******.

So off the back of what surely should have been a confidence boosting draw away at Celtic after the second half disaster in the cup tie, today his big ambition was another draw against one of the bottom sides in the league??

So he's basically just given up then really hasn't he? I don't expect Hibs to win every week, but the aim, should ALWAYS be to win, and a home defeat, against anyone outside the Old Firm ain't good, against a team in the bottom half, it is unacceptable.

For that statement alone, he needs to go, as that kind of 'ambition' will have us relegated.

Sir David Gray
05-11-2011, 08:00 PM
Did he swear during his interview? Part way through it I thought I heard richard gordon apologise for something cc said?

He said something about "arse over tit" or something like that anyway, which Richard Gordon apologised for because he thought Calderwood probably meant to say "head over heels".

At The Edge
05-11-2011, 08:09 PM
just watched the Hibs telly interview, it feels like the interviewer just wants to say 'Colin you're fired' also you can clearly hear the protest shouts outside the main stand :greengrin so no doubt Colin heard them as well.
oh he also rambles pish in this interview as well, talks about working on the defence.....again!
Bell end springs to mind

Hibby D
05-11-2011, 08:10 PM
He said something about "arse over tit" or something like that anyway, which Richard Gordon apologised for because he thought Calderwood probably meant to say "head over heels".

Sure he didn't say "I'm an arse and a tit!"?

Calderwood, please just go and don't let the door slam you on yer arse, or yer tits, on the way out :bitchy:

Sorry for the bad words :(

Saorsa
05-11-2011, 08:11 PM
just watched the Hibs telly interview, it feels like the interviewer just wants to say 'Colin you're fired' also you can clearly hear the protest shouts outside the main stand :greengrin so no doubt Colin heard them as well.
oh he also rambles pish in this interview as well, talks about working on the defence.....again!
Bell end springs to minddisnae look like it's been worked on before never mind again.

cabbageandribs1875
05-11-2011, 09:47 PM
i have seriously only ever listened to THREE of cc's interviews, i just feel so confused when there's a couple of seconds delay after each couple of words, when he finally gets to the end of an answer i've forgotten what he said at the beginning of it:confused:

nortonhibby
05-11-2011, 09:56 PM
Bell end springs to mind

hes gota gota getaway ASAP:taxi

marinello59
05-11-2011, 10:03 PM
He sounded like a broken man to me. It would be an act of mercy by the board to sack him.

Paisley Hibby
05-11-2011, 10:09 PM
He sounded like a broken man to me. It would be an act of mercy by the board to sack him.

Agree. I actually felt sorry for him.

hfc rd
05-11-2011, 10:12 PM
WTF is he talking about? Honestly CC, F*** OFF!!!

Tha Cabbage Kid
05-11-2011, 10:15 PM
Colin,
your not our man.

i dont know who is. and ****** knows who whould want to take this job.

but we need someone how has experience.

and if jimmy calderwood gets it i swear i will become a jambo.

i will give up football and start following cricket.

IberianHibernian
05-11-2011, 10:48 PM
Colin,
your not our man.

i dont know who is. and ****** knows who whould want to take this job.

but we need someone how has experience.

and if jimmy calderwood gets it i swear i will become a jambo.

i will give up football and start following cricket.Think this sums up very well the predicament we`re in . Manager who shouldn`t have been appointed in first place and who most fans ( at least here ) want to see leave but at same time many fans must be worried about successor . Jimmy C. , Jefferies , Billy Brown ( who I guess was employed for when / if CC goes ) , Walter Smith , .. etc etc so many possible new managers that could really piss off a lot of fans . I suspect nothing will happen and CC will continue till he gets a good offer from England since there`s more apathy than anger among our support and Petrie won`t be too bothered about that till next season`s season tickets go on sale ( by then we may have a new manager , several new players and opposition will be even weaker ..) . Mid season managerial changes are always extra risky though so we should probably be looking for someone to manage us till the end of the season till we find someone who can make an impact in short and long term . Manager from now should realise there`ll be almost no signings this winter since we can`t afford better ( people are quick to criticise JC , Mixu , JH and CC for poor signings but on our budget we`ll always look for players with limited ability or good ability but with injury problems or offfield problems ) so will have to organise team with present squad and maybe liaise with next year`s manager . Although Petrie`s financial clout in club makes his departure unlikely , list of managers who`ve left before contracts were up suggests something`s wrong right through club. Probably time to look further afield for manager - ex Ireland manager Brian Kerr who has an excellent job as manager of youth Ireland teams is one possible candidate ( as manager and technical director ) . Kerr as Technical Director and Michael O`Neil as manager ? Expensive but could be worth it .

HFC 0-7
05-11-2011, 11:08 PM

I thought he sounded like a broken man but it could have been because he was hearing the chants outside and it was effecting his attention, in saying that he seems to be defending the team less than usual, agreeing with any negative comments and actually saying that we were worse than what the interviewer made out. Worryingly though there seem to be an acceptance from him that what has happened this season will be repeated for the rest of the season, saying that there will probably be more performances/results like todays to come.

hibernianyank
05-11-2011, 11:49 PM
Does CC stand for Colin Calderwood or does it stand for Clueless Calderwood, because i'd say the guy doesn't have a scooby!